Megabus Reviews - www.megabus.com

Summary

Mega Bus the low cost intercity travel www.megabus.com
Megabus www.megabus.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Megabus www.megabus.com

Megabus www.megabus.com

“Megabus Gold London-Aberdeen Sleeper service”

Written on: 20/10/2014 by jjMcNulty1977 (1 review written)

Clean beds, toilet and bus departed/arrived on time - only good thing about this journey but service was not very good. The double-decker bus appeared to only be filled up to 75% capacity yet had not been set up so that early or on-time passengers got first choice of best bunk beds. On the journey I could see many double bunk beds empty with single passengers sleeping on the bunk bed on top. Passengers were just forcefully allocated any bunk by the on duty staff member who was just not… Read Full Review

“read the contract ”

Written on: 03/10/2014 by Sherlyne261 (1 review written)

I went from Detroit mi to Chicago Illinois the driver of our bus was late. we all missed the bus going to Atlanta I called to ask to be put on the next bus due to the driver being late I was told I have to purchase a new ticket because I should have read the contract if the driver is late and the customer has not allowed 2 hours between departure and arrival times the customer is responsible. a couple of problems with this they don't offer a trip with two hour wait between more like 9 hours and… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“the worst service from the very begining to the very end”

Written on: 20/09/2014 by Gunn264 (1 review written)

It was hard to buy a ticket on line, the attempt to buy by the phone led to 34 different call. The representatives were awful. You have to wait for an hour (by their law) to get conformation, if you purchase on line ! Horrible coordination of service and conversational skills of the representatives.The conformation of purchase never came. I ended up buying from another company… Read Full Review

Tonyrisca's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2014

I would like to draw your attention regarding a serious inhuman incident. I can say without any hesitation it was the worst customer service experience I have witnessed in my life.

Today on 1st October 2014, I was travelling from Newport to Bristol (6:40 am Newport service to Bristol). I was at the stop around 6:25 am and coach came on time as well around 6:30am.

Around 6:35 a young lady came to the see the driver (he was standing next to the luggage storage chatting with one of another passenger/colleague).

The young lady told the driver that his family (brother his wife and 2 young children, were at the wrong stop and they are coming at this stop.) At this point your driver went mental he start shouting at her loudly (telling her that’s not his problem and he will leave at 6:40) and after 30 sec it turned into to humiliation (and kept yelling at her , for no reason at all). She was very apologetic and upset with his behaviour and told him they didn’t knew about the stop. The driver didn’t accepted her apology and excuse and kept humiliating her (if she has done something terrible wrong). The driver kept saying that He will not wait a single sec if they are not here. Now I can understand this but he could have told her in a nicer way. But he publically humiliated that young lady she ended up in tears.
She left crying and went out of the site after 2 minutes of that her family turned up and it was nearly 5:40am. The young man had a pram and his young children were with him however his wife was walking towards the coach with a bag. The driver at this point was inside the coach and won’t let him inside and kept shouting at him to get off the coach. His wife was about 20 sec away from coach as she was coming from front and could be seen.

The young man bagged him to wait for 20 sec but driver closed the door and drove off as he said he can’t wait.

Coach was at Bristol 7:20am. The driver came out and spoke with the people (waiting outside) very nicely. In fact he was telling them the coach (gold) is delayed and he will take some passenger into his (this) coach. I asked him what time this coach should be leaving he said 7:30am. He was still there at 7:35am (5mins over the coach depart time) as he was loading more passengers.
Now I asked for his name he refused to give me his name also I (in front of everybody) asked him to explain what he has done to the lady plus her family at Newport. The shameless driver kept quiet and told me it’s his company policy. I asked publically shouting at your passenger is your company policy? He showed no emotions at all.

I also asked him why he didn't waited One minute for that lady at Newport and here in Bristol you are 5 mins over and still outside taking passenger for the coach which is/will be delayed.
I asked him why did he shouted at her and made her family including two very young children at Newport .I didn't get any explanation?

The point is the Lady at Newport was clearly a Muslim by faith and she was wearing the Head scarf. I can understand why he was shouting at her and her family.

By profession I am a trainee lawyer and faith a devoted Christian. I've said to him he showed no courtesy to her at all and it was need less to shout at her and also how can he justify leaving them at Newport (with two young children) and waiting here for 5 minutes and more.

Not only this I have recorded/videoed the whole incident at Newport and Bristol. I felt really bad and uncomfortable with few other passengers in the coach that first thing in the morning you will see and experience some think like this. No body deserve this.

I have showed the video to all my colleague here at work and will be posting that on social media so you as a company and that he will be exposed. I have attached his picture for your reference.
I will be sending this of transport secretary office, other public offices including the local newspapers and every single public forum including the incident video.

I don’t expect anything from you as a company as I have seen enough. However If I were you (with a tiny drop of humanity inside me) I’ll contact that person/family and apologise.

For the driver I’ll keep posting his video so that he get a well know recognition around the UK and globe and his family ,friends and colleagues can see what kind of human being he is.

Thanks

“3 hours in a smelly toilet”

Written on: 20/09/2014 by kbCox94 (1 review written)

What an unpleasant experience. Travelling from Cheltenham to London on the couch stinking like a dirty toilet. This is not a first time megabus. I think I prefere to pay a few pounds more and travel with clean and more comfortable national express… Read Full Review

“Permanently late”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by zgHolmes64 (1 review written)

I have used the s35 glasgow -cardiff service 7/8 times,every time the bus departs at least 30 mins late,seems to divert from the motorway before arriving about an hour late,no excuse in my opinion.The bus also calls at Birmingham on outwar and return journey.Im not sure why,no one gets on,no one alights.This just adds time on the journey.The bunks are narrow,claustrophobic and downright uncomfortable,the pillow supplied must come from a dolls house,I didn't know you could buy them so small… Read Full Review

“Rubbish company”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by jackmorrison (1 review written)

I've traveled with megabus recently and i had 2 bags, i've was asked if i had any frozen food in it, but i didn't know that my wife added some on the bags, so i said no. One of the staff found some in my bag and accused me of lying and threatened of me leaving part way. i ended up throwing it away even though it was sealed just to stay on the bus. so this is the worse company I travelled ever. i don't advise anyone to travel with them again. the staff are rude and unhelpful… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“Quite Inconsiderate with food onboard”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Sincere31 (1 review written)

I travelled with my family with 9 yr old and 16 yr olds.... we were not allowed to take the burger king onboard and asked us to put it in the compartment with the suitcases... I found it quite inconsiderate for 6 hours journey from London to Carmarthen... Quite inhumane especially to my kids that was left starving all throughout the journey.... Travelling from 5.30 pm til 11.10 pm with nothing to eat at all is so Inhumane... plus the fact that it did not stop to any services at all just for us… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“The bus departed leaving me at the service station”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by hhBlair172 (1 review written)

What joy, the mega bus had an unscheduled stop at the Stensham service station , allowed the passengers off the bus, refulled the bus and then promptly drove off leaving yours truly to explore the hidden delights of Stensham ( there are few) I was under the impression that the driver had a duty of care to its passengers but this appears not to be the case. I suggest that if you do select the mega bus as your transport choice then proceed with caution… Read Full Review

“Toilet Trouble”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by Donnelly1961 (1 review written)

Me, my partner and son were traveling from Swansea to London Victoria, 23/08/2014. The bus was comfortable, but not much leg room. The problem was the toilet, it was blocked with paper and excrement. Obviously this had not been checked by the driver prior to commencement of his journey. Thought this would be standard SOP. Passengers either had to wait until the end of the journey or suffer the indignity of using the worse toilet in megabus land. On long journeys it's the little things that… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“45 minutes late, rude driver, worst travel i had with...”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by JocelynnSharp234 (1 review written)

I'm travelling to aberdeen from london megabus gold and the worst travel that i experienced. It was 45 minutes late and the driver told me not to travel if i put my small extra bag beside me. And insisted to put the bag in the luggage area even if i told him that i have stuff that are fragile, very rude driver no consideration at all.. And now megabus gold fare is so expensive now. I'd rather recommend to fly which is cheaper now than the bus with driver with bad behaviour… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“ GET OFF 'MY' BUS SAYS FEMALE DRIVER to fam w eld mom...”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by sjones1737 (1 review written)

“Worst Bus Ride Ever!!!”

Written on: 21/08/2014

I recently used MegaBus to go from Atlanta, Ga. to Orlando, Fl. On my trip to Florida the bus's air conditioner was not working properly, and it was full to capacity. Also, the Wi-Fi worked off and on. The seats were very uncomfortable. My return trip was worse. Leaving Orlando, in July, the bus was full to capacity again. This time the air conditioner was not working. It was 90 degrees outside, and felt like 110 degrees inside the bus. It started raining outside, and the bus started… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“Brilliant way to travel !”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by lylaweames (1 review written)

I recently travelled from Pembrock Dock to London Victoria. I must say I was very impressed with the service. The bus was modern, clean and comfortable. I definitely will be using mega bus in the future. I have recommended mega bus to friends and people I have met on my travels. Brilliant service and very good value for money… Read Full Review

“Megabus to cardiff”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by Baldwin1963 (1 review written)

I have never experienced such a bad smell on public transport . After arriving late 45 minutes I got on the megabus' the smell was like dirty toilets it was disgusting.i had to sit for the hours journey feeling sick never again will not recommend… Read Full Review

Leoclive's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2014

I'm experiencing the same things now, I have booked a 8:30 am going to Bristol, it's been an hour late. And now I can see the bus is waiting outside, empty, no staff doing anything, just waiting...... First time useing megabus, probably it becomes the last time

“Dont waste your money”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by Warner427 (1 review written)

You can't get a refund. money wasted. I wanted to change my bus ticket to another date and they're website was down, I called and they said I could do it when it was working again but then when I emailed them later they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I have proof of everything and I still can't change it. Never will I ride with Megabus again, Liars… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“Rude Controller Ruined Bus Trip”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by Gomezht392 (1 review written)

This was my first trip using Megabus. My experience at Shudehill Interchange in Manchester, waiting for the 12.30pm service to Glasgow/Aberdeen was a nightmare due to the controller being obnoxious.The controller was a young man wearing Lacoste shoes, having a spot on his left cheek and crooked teeth. He was unclear in his instructions, incompetent,rude and confrontational and I will never use the Megabus Service again solely due to my experience with him. My daughter complained in person at… Read Full Review

Sjones1737's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

I can definitely agree with this review. My family and I had a horrific experience last night (8/20/2014) in Memphis TN heading to Atlanta. We arrived on time and had given the luggage to the male employee that was assisting with loading all the luggage. My sister was stopped by the female driver's 'partner', as my sister was about to proceed to the entrance of the bus. The female driver's female 'partner', very firmly told my sister that she cannot take the very small size carry-on luggage with rollers that my sister came with from Atlanta to Memphis on the same Megabus, under her seat, on this particular bus back to Atlanta. My sister kindly attempted to ask and let her know that this same carry-on came to Memphis from Atlanta under her seat in the bus; and the bus driver got so unruly and completely out of control. The female bus driver was then accompanied by another female employee that said she was her partner and both females were completely inhumane, obnoxious, and unruly. My sister, nephews, and my elderly mother stepped on the bus. The bus driver and her 'partner' seated my elderly mother next to the washroom and seated my sister and her little son (6 years old) separate from each other at the top of the bus. My older nephew (20 years) is still waiting to be seated at this point, by the bus driver. The driver and her 'partner' stepped off the bus and were talking to each other. I attempted to let them both know that all of my family’s blankets and snacks for the almost 8 hours ride were in the small carry-on that my sister had willingly let the male employee put under the bus, after being informed by the female driver’s partner that it could not go under the seat. The female bus driver said, “DO NOT TALK TO ME”. The bus driver decided to ask my family to step off the bus. We then asked, what was the reason that my family needed to step off the bus and she repeatedly said "DO NOT TALK TO ME". The passengers on the bus were flabbergasted by the entire incident. Please keep in mind the bus was scheduled to leave Memphis at 11:30pm. The driver proceeded to call the police and (I assume) her supervisor. Some of the passengers came down from upstairs and said to us that the two females have a TERRIBLE attitude problem and they were sorry about everything that was happening to us. The female bus driver at that point threatened those passengers that were talking to us to either stay on the bus or get off 'their' bus as well. The male employee that was assisting with the luggage said that "those two women have some serious problems" (referring to the bus driver and her 'partner') and also mentioned that "they were known for this type of thing" (again referring to the female bus driver and her 'partner'). The police officer was very apologetic and helped us understand that if they wanted my family off the bus, there is nothing that he can do. The police officer mentioned to us that he can definitely tell that the bus driver and her 'partner', were "from the hood". The officer recommended getting in touch with the Megabus company early in the morning and said that he would not mind letting the company know what he reported, saw and heard while he was there. My family was escorted off the bus along with all their belongings. My sister and her 6 year old son were scheduled to board a further travel plan via plane to New York from Atlanta. This uncouth experience has left us all speechless (my family and the passengers alike). The passengers had so much to say about the female drivers, the bus company and this incident but some were terrified that they may be escorted off the bus as well and as a result, some of them just hugged us. My family had a WONDERFUL time in Memphis but commented to me that this was the worst experience and will not be using the Megabus company for future travel plans. Tonight, I am hurting. I am hurting because the initial email that contained my itinerary from the Megabus company, greeted me as a Valued Customer and my family and I feel disliked, humiliated, underrated, underestimated and depreciated. We do hurt but we believe in forgiveness, peace and harmony.

SJones

“Don't Bother”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Hammondfb258 (1 review written)

London to Worcester rubbish service bus was 3 hours late arriving, no one of any help at customers service probably cost me more in phone calls than the ticket. You get what you pay for… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“Mega bus requires mega patients. ”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by Alan383 (1 review written)

My outward trip was meant to leave at 4pm passengers were asked to be 15min early do several pickups and arrive in London 7pm. Bus arrived at 4:30 and didn't leave our stop until 4:50, we then made a further 3 stops.... Although no1 got either in or off at either of these stops, arrived in London at 9.30pm. Return trip was due to leave at 2:30pm, passengers told to arrive two hours early. Coach finally arrived at 4:10, fully loaded by 4.20 however driver left us locked on the bus and walked… Read Full Review

Visit megabus.com

“You pay for what you get -appalling! ”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by HoldenWeaver (1 review written)

I would just like to first write a summary of my review for those who do not have the time to read my full account. I travel regularly back and forth Cardiff and London and normally use National Express. I have used mega bus several times in the past and have had only a negative experience. This one was no exception unfortunately; although cheap the company is disorganised, customer service team are argumentative (which is a shame as bus drivers are generally very friendly) and the buses are… Read Full Review

Danni1002's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2014

I also found the staff solis treated and argumentative.

“Worst bus I have ever taken. ”

Written on: 07/08/2014

I purchased tickets for mega bus to go to Boston from New York. The departure time was 810 pm. Mega bus policy states that it requires you to arrive 15 minutes early so that the bus driver has proper time to prepare. This was my first time taking mega bus and the address that it told me to go to and the actually address did not match. So when I arrived to the address that it told me to go to it wasn't the proper address. By the time I found the busses which was a block away I was 3 minutes… Read Full Review

megabus.com