Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI Reviews

• Reliability

Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI - Ask a question now

“very unhappy vw owner”

Written on: 05/10/2012

i have owned my 2007 touran under one year fsh since then i have replaced cam belt two months later i had to replace clutch/flywheel and now i have to replace engine it broke a valve on m5 which destroyed head and no1 piston the car had been regulary seviced by vw… Read Full Review

“Does what it says on the tin! ”

Written on: 26/11/2009

Does what it says on the tin!
I didnt want a GOLF! I didnt want a ford... and so on. I believe it fills the gap, it got a bit of it all, and i only have the 5 seater! (i only have 1 kid too)
so, with the misses, my baby girl and me in the car it can be the most suitable car known possible for a nice mong trip.

only problem i have a model with a stupid non iso stereo, so im finding it difficult to replace it with an after market stereo...!! any ideas?

overall, i can not say anything but, i… Read Full Review

“Overall a decent attempt. What I would prefer is the...”

Written on: 29/12/2008 by charlhan (1 review written)

Overall a decent attempt. What I would prefer is the looks and room of the Espace/Voyager with the reliabilty of a VW. I guess reliabilty has to win!… Read Full Review

“Over all I think its needs alot of improving (not...”

Written on: 20/07/2008

Over all I think its needs alot of improving (not being rude but I'm being truthful)… Read Full Review

“The VW Touran out-classes all other compact MPV's....”

Written on: 11/02/2008 by roy178 (1 review written)

The VW Touran out-classes all other compact MPV's. When I was comparing, test driving or even sitting in others this car stood out head and shoulder above all the others. One hell of a car I look forward to the next model… Read Full Review

“The VW Touran is a new competeter to the mpv sector...”

Written on: 06/02/2008

The VW Touran is a new competeter to the mpv sector which is long over due, car not as big as galaxy or smax or however bigger than the Toyota Verso… Read Full Review

“I needed a classy looking estate car that could lug...”

Written on: 17/01/2008 by RogerTouran (1 review written)

I needed a classy looking estate car that could lug loads of gear but which had a small exterior size for ease of driving and parking. I test drove many cars and quickly realised it isn't the size that matters but how that size is used. The compact MPV fit the bill, it even seats seven for the once a year time I will ever need to. I didn't want a "family" looking MPV, the new Touran, with the new front and rear was the only bog standard MPV which looked stylish. Tourans come with a large… Read Full Review

“I must say I love my car - it feels great. Pity that...”

Written on: 30/12/2007 by Brimad (1 review written)

I must say I love my car - it feels great. Pity that the mechanics couldn't fix the noises - told me I had to live with them! Overall; the best of the bunch, I think… Read Full Review

“My Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI is a great drive. Just...”

Written on: 21/12/2007 by johncrossland (1 review written)

My Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI is a great drive. Just the problem with the gears that let it down… Read Full Review

“Very happy, good performance from such a large car,...”

Written on: 18/11/2007 by pcmight (1 review written)

Very happy, good performance from such a large car, very good economy… Read Full Review

“All round I'm fairly happy with the Volkswagen Touran,...”

Written on: 26/09/2005 by hudsonhousehold (1 review written)

All round I'm fairly happy with the Volkswagen Touran, VW don't seem to me as good, or well made, as the hype thay recive, I will know more when I trade it in on residual value… Read Full Review

“The Volkswagen Tourant does what it says on the tin....”

Written on: 12/09/2005 by markit (2 reviews written)

The Volkswagen Tourant does what it says on the tin. It isn't beautiful, luxurious or fast. But it is highly functional, stylish and very economical. On summer holls with roof box fitted we can easily top 45 mpg.

7 seats works a dream and although it's a bit tight, we have had 7 adults in it and nobody lost feeling in their feet. We have three small(ish) kids and the permutations of seating which at first seems like a gimmick works well to balance who gets on with who, who needs a pushchair… Read Full Review

“I have had my Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI since...”

Written on: 09/08/2005 by Colin Matten (1 review written)

I have had my Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI since December 2004. It has very few faults, and is a very versatile family car.
Unfortunately the local dealer has a really bad after sales reputation, so I am not eager for them to touch it until absolutely necessary!
If you are looking for a small MPV, this car outshines the 'funny shaped' Scenic and the Old shape Zafira, especially if the extra seats are to be used regularly.
Have a test drive in a 1.9TDi S, as I tested the TDi SE which has a… Read Full Review

“After trading in a vw bora, I wanted something a bit...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by rogerbanana (5 reviews written)

After trading in a vw bora, I wanted something a bit different so I went for the easy-in and out good view of road option. I chose the 2 litre se model Volkswagen Touran with the auto box which is really good. It seems to do about 50 mpg unless you drive over 70 for long spells. Was very tight and uneconomical when brand new, but with 3000 miles on the clock it is settling in well. Corners as good as a saloon, no body roll due to the suspension which is a bit on the firm side, though you get… Read Full Review

“I swapped to this Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI People...”

Written on: 14/01/2005 by jasonwebb (9 reviews written)

I swapped to this Volkswagen Touran SE 1.9 TDI People Carrier nearly six months ago now from a Vauxhall 2.0Tdi Zafira 7 seater and I have not looked back since.

The 'SE' model comes with the following kit as standard;

- Climatics air conditioning (set the temp and the heat/cooling will adjust automatically)

- Body Coloured bumpers, side strips and door handles

- Centre arm rest (actually the upholstered top of the centre storage with a ratchet type rise and pull out function)

- Front and… Read Full Review

Tiggerradlett's Response to jasonwebb's Review

Written on: 10/03/2005

I'm sorry I have to disagree with the reliability rating. I bought my Touran on 21st December 2004 and so far it has spent as much time back in the garage (Caffyns) as it has at home.
<br>
<br>I have had repeated problems with the airbag system, the belt tensioner system and the locking system. Other problems have included the on-board computer system. The current "fix" is an allegation that they found a major connection had been fixed with tape instead of being soldered. If they will admit this then what else have they found wrong with it?
<br>
<br>According to its manual the car has never been returned to the garage with any fault. I have nothing to suppport my GAP insurance payment to them nor do I have my Volkswagen Assistance cards for use in an emergency!

Urgetosplurge's Response to jasonwebb's Review

Written on: 05/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because it covered a wide variety of aspects of the car, in considerable depth. It's obvious the reviewer took time and trouble to do a really decent job of this, which is greatly appreciated. I found the review very informative.

Jimmy Brown's Response to jasonwebb's Review

Written on: 31/03/2010

The car is good in most respects but I was extremely disappointed, to say the least, when the turbo blew after 3 years of driving. I contacted VW who, because I had used my dependable local garage rather than there 'VW Approved' garage to sevice my car, refused to consider any form of recompense for me having to pay out over &pound;1,000 for the repair. This has put me off purchasing another VW which is a shame because it is a nice drive.

Rogerbanana's Response to jasonwebb's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

you can overcome the diesel "clack" to a certain extent and also make the engine smoother and more enviromental friendly . I have done this with my own touran, 2litre DSG which i bought in march. Go to www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm and follow the instructions.It works very well and there is a good saving to be made!