Proton Jumbuck 1.5 Reviews

Proton Jumbuck 1.5 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Proton Jumbuck 1.5

Proton Jumbuck 1.5
Proton Jumbuck 1.5

“Good price, but head gasket gone twice after 30000...”

Written on: 15/02/2008

Good price, but head gasket gone twice after 30000 miles, radiator went after 20000 miles, wiper motor went after 28000 miles. Got the 2006 pick up for my job (landscape gardener) so wouldn't let me down but so far wish I had got some thing else… Read Full Review

“I purchased my Proton Jumbuck ute about 2 years ago,...”

Written on: 20/01/2006 by Sion Reid (1 review written)

I purchased my Proton Jumbuck ute about 2 years ago, and so far travelled about 40,000km. It was excellent value for money, and gives excellent fuel ecomony, except it requires 95 RON. I have used it mainly as a passanger vehicle but when used as a commercial vehicle it has done so without any concerns. I would strongly recommend you find a Proton dealer and test drive one if you are in the market for a 4 cylinder ute… Read Full Review

“I purchased an ex demonstrator Proton Jumbuck 1.5 GL...”

Written on: 15/01/2005 by greebex (1 review written)

I purchased an ex demonstrator Proton Jumbuck 1.5 GL Van (petrol) from my local dealer to persue my hobby of Karting and I am over the moon with it. It performs very well and it drives and handles as good as a lot of cars out there. It does drink the fuel though if driven hard like most vehicles. As far as looks go it's ace considering that it is a pick up truck. Not had it long enough to comment on the reliability but I did my research and it looks good. It takes a good size load and I get all… Read Full Review

“Having looked around for a decent second hand pick-up...”

Written on: 22/11/2004 by neville bird (1 review written)

Having looked around for a decent second hand pick-up and failed I decided on the Proton Jumbuck. Not only was it cheaper than most 2nd hand's, I have peace of mind with the three year warranty and breakdown cover.
I used it for moving building materials around, runs to the tip and even the school run (all the kids at school love the Jumbuck).
The only gripe I have is the harsh, choppy ride when totally un-laden however this is a pick-up… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I purchased my Proton Jumbuck 1.5 Van on the 1st of...”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by jack barker (1 review written)

I purchased my Proton Jumbuck 1.5 Van on the 1st of March 2004. Reasons for this being the practicality of a pickup coupled with a removable truckman top. I also went for the L.P.G. option to save money on fuel. What a disaster this vehicle is. To date it has spent 8 weeks being repaired. At the time of writing it is yet again in the garage courtesy of the RAC after blowing up on the motorway. When it is running the fuel consumption is very poor especially in gas (around 20 miles to the… Read Full Review

“I didn't have a choice when it came to the Proton...”

Written on: 26/04/2004 by rickymac47 (1 review written)

I didn't have a choice when it came to the Proton Jumbuck 1.5 as my company bought it for me to drive round the country in.
At first I really didn't like it because it looks so bad, but once i'd driven it for a while my view became more favourable.
It handles VERY well due to Lotus' influence in the suspension. Un-laden it can be a bit rough on the old backside going over bumps and dips on the motorway though.
This is the GLSi version, which means it has nice cloth seats, the sporty look dash… Read Full Review

“Purchased Proton 1.5 Jumbuck as a daily pick up for...”

Written on: 16/11/2003 by JUMBUCKOWNER (1 review written)

Purchased Proton 1.5 Jumbuck as a daily pick up for moving around building materials. The vehicle was bought as I had a budget and the Proton was within my budget, and it was a brand new vehicle to boot, not a 2nd hand one that I thought i'd only be able to afford.

The suspension is very firm and is capable of carrying ample building materials, be it bricks, sand, slabs, scaffolding!! the interiour is just fantastic, feels like a bit of a sports car with the rev counter and sporty feel… Read Full Review