Suzuki GN250E 250 Reviews

Suzuki GN250E 250
Suzuki GN250E 250

“1990 gn250 update”

Written on: 03/01/2014

I have now had my gn250 for 5 1/2 years and it has now done 55000 mlsof which I have done 23000mls.had no major problems but have replaced the usual wearing parts.i was fortunate in being given another gn250 for spares and last year bought another complete bike for £100,this one had new tyres,rebuilt front wheel,new chain and sprockets and battery so by my reckoning it was worth £100.it is used most days for a 18 mls round trip to work and I cant fault it.i have upgraded the headlight to a… Read Full Review

“Great city cruiser ”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by samihasib (1 review written)

Bought this bike (Suzuki GN250, 1993 model) 2nd hand at 34500km. Serviced (oil & filter change) and changed both tyres, and rear drum brake with new one. Frankly I could not ask for anything more for the price I have paid (1600 AUD including everything). It starts first time every time, has more than enough power (22hp) for city riding (I live in Adelaide, Australia) with a pillion rider (my wife). The bike goes up to 100 KM/h without any drama. However, after 100 km/h it starts to struggle… Read Full Review

“I very nice bike with lot's of fun!”

Written on: 31/12/2012

I bought my second GN 250 four month ago. I bought the first GN 250 in the beginning of 2012 but I got it replaced by a Honda CB 500 S. But almost immediate got a bad feeilng, the Honda was a piece of junk, I never liked Honda's but I liked the CB 500 S for the look. But the Honda almost immediate got me into trouble with the wrong valve adjustment and bad starting procedure. So after two month I replaced the Honda for a Kawasaki ER5, which bike I still own. This bike is much more reliable, but… Read Full Review

“The Suzuki GN250E is a much overlooked lightweight. I...”

Written on: 11/03/2009 by IOWBIKER (1 review written)

The Suzuki GN250E is a much overlooked lightweight. I have a bmw r80 and since we got the gn it does not get used much, my other half, who is vertically challenged, prefers to ride pillion on the gn. We have had this bike 9 months now and have done over 4000 mls on it. I use it most days for commuting to work and we also use it most weekends. If you want to tear up the motorway get something else but if you want a commuter and something for not too hurried trips I reccomend one. Main thing to… Read Full Review

“Excellent bike for any gender. Doesn't look much but...”

Written on: 01/12/2008

Excellent bike for any gender. Doesn't look much but does its job with ease. Its timeless looks, still looks great!
Fuel efficient, strong and sturdy, also fast enough for a learner… Read Full Review

“Overall a great bike for a learner. I had trouble with...”

Written on: 23/08/2008 by malco99 (1 review written)

Overall a great bike for a learner. I had trouble with chrome de-lamination and rust even though I looked after it well. I got 30kms per litre driving around town. The battery wasn't great over the winter and I found that I had to push start a bit when I hadn't ridden it for a while. Should hold it's value in NZ due to the restricted licence laws requiring 250cc bikes. It does the job it was designed for well… Read Full Review

“Seems like something is constantly going wrong on my...”

Written on: 22/05/2008 by me111 (1 review written)

Seems like something is constantly going wrong on my Suzuki GN250. This bike feels cheap. The battery will last one year as will the chain. For a brand new bike I expected more. In hindsight I would buy a secondhand Honda because at least it would be more reliable. Also I am over how slow it goes… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to me111's Review

Written on: 09/03/2012

Nope you're wrong. U got cheap Battery & chain? Do yoy oil & adjust chain? I've had my GN 14 yrs. U should get four to five yrs from both battery & chain. My machines only ever gone wrong once too. Persevere my friend. Bike does 70mph/110kmh top.A classic commuter. Regards Robster

“The Suzuki GN250 is a great learners bike. Excellent...”

Written on: 12/04/2008

The Suzuki GN250 is a great learners bike. Excellent for city riding. Quicker take off than a car up till about 80. Not very good on the open road. Watch those overtakes very carefully and dont try anything too brave… Read Full Review

“I bought this Suzuki GN250E 250 Motorcycle 4 days ago...”

Written on: 13/01/2005 by matan104 (2 reviews written)

I bought this Suzuki GN250E 250 Motorcycle 4 days ago and have done 515kms allready. I love this bike it is perfect for learners and even hardened motorbike riders have respect for its timeless design. Im sorry if I sound like a salesman but this bike has got me hooked. It's my second honey and I call her suzy.
If your looking for a learner legal bike look no further. Its just 3000 New Zealand$ brand new.(which is the same price that it was 17 years ago!)
comes with alloy wheels, front disk… Read Full Review

Famouss's Response to matan104's Review

Written on: 28/02/2005

How do you find the accerlation on her?
<br>
<br>Because im buying one of them aswell somepoint this year, once I have my license.
<br>
<br>But how does its power feel? Motorway power? What would you say 0 to 60 in?

Tomdickharry's Response to matan104's Review

Written on: 17/02/2006

Excellent bikes! Shame in the uk learners are limited to 125cc, as this would be a great 1st bike. Also makes it hard to sell in uk as youngsters dont seem intreasted in a bike wihout much more top end speed than some 125ccs! Great low down power, will carry any weight, hard not to wheely with wife on back!!

Matan104's Response to matan104's Review

Written on: 13/03/2005

It'll go 130 kmh on the flat without too much trouble. Up steep hills you'll only get to 80kmh but I also weigh 106kgs, so if you're a smaller guy it'll have heaps more balls. It has 28 hp and only weighs 130kgs fully fueled, in town I can drag off boy racers up to about 80kmh before they catch me. on the flat it will go 0 to 100kmh in about I dunno maybe 9 seconds 10? B up to 80 she is REAL quick for a single cam air cooled 250.
<br>I hope this helps