Zurich Pension Reviews

Zurich Pension - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Zurich Pension

Zurich Pension

“The worst service possible”

Written on: 20/06/2013

We have been trying to transfer my husbands superannuation from UK to Australia since March (4 months ago) and are still waiting. Every time we call we have a different person dealing with it. Their information and instructions vary from person to person and we have been constantly misinformed. Zurich accept this and have made two compensation payments to date. Eventually they allocated one person to deal with our claim and arrangements were made to send the cheque to Sydney by express… Read Full Review

“Pathetic Pension from Zurich”

Written on: 03/05/2012

My husband worked for 47 years for the same engineering company. When he first started there was a superannuation scheme which was wound up and the money put into Guardian Financial Services, no problem with them, at his retirement in February 2012 they immediately paid out a not unreasonable monthly pension. From 2001 the company then had a variety of Pension Providers including Norwich Union (now Aviva) and Eagle Star which is apparently now Zurich. This has resulted in a tiny monthly… Read Full Review

“been with this lot 8 yeras never missed a payment all...”

Written on: 23/09/2010

been with this lot 8 yeras never missed a payment all of a sudden refuse to accept direct debits never made a claim what a joke... would not recommend them at all - not very loyal are they. disgusting in my view… Read Full Review

“I find these reviews disturb me as I will retire next...”

Written on: 01/06/2010

I find these reviews disturb me as I will retire next March and although I have spoken to the financial advisor(who is employed by the Zurich Pension people) I am totally confused as to what to do for the best.
Can anybody advise me?

“Thankfully I do not have a pension through Zurich...”

Written on: 27/02/2010 by Elaine Haywood (4 reviews written)

Thankfully I do not have a pension through Zurich Insurance but I am posting warnings about this company everywhere I can. I had a home & contents insurance policy with them and made a claim in 2005 and am still fighting for justice. Read the full story in my blog elainesbrokenankle.blogspot.com… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My employer's pension scheme was with Zurich, so by...”

Written on: 04/02/2005 by gevers (1 review written)

My employer's pension scheme was with Zurich, so by choosing it I benefitted by my employer making contributions to my scheme. Or so I thought, actually Zurich benefitted, as for every pound put into the scheme, they pocketed 65 pence.
This 65% "charge" was not called a charge though, they referred to it as 'reduced allocation'.

When I subsequently changed jobs, my new employer's pension administrators had to write five times before Zurich transferred what was left of the pension - the… Read Full Review

Barry Cunningham's Response to gevers's Review

Written on: 03/03/2010

I am sorry for the way Mr Gevers feels about the service he received from my practice whilst I was with Zurich.
<br/>
<br/>Unfortunately in the lead up to the Governments Stakeholder review in 2001, many pension providers were trying to redesign their older pension contracts charging structures to meet the Stakeholder cryteria. ie. that in future stakeholder pensions should not have transfer penalties.
<br/>
<br/>Zurich at this stage made ammendements to their older style pensions which had up front charges by increasing the transfer value so that effectively this up front charge was reinvested. Therefore you would have received a transfer value commensurate with the contributions made.
<br/>
<br/>These changes Zurich made I believe were well intended but complex. Effectively you would have paid a charge of 65% of his contributions for the first year or so and then he would get 105% of his contributions invested for the rest of the term to retirement. This extra 5% bonus would actually cancell out the initial charge. In theory the client would only suffer if he transfered away because he would not get the benefit of 20 odd years of 5% bonus. However the enhancements Zurich made to the transfer value actually solved this problem. In effect, not a bad contract at all.
<br/>
<br/>This was explained at our meetings and he was provided with the Zurich illustration and Key Features which would detail this situation.
<br/>
<br/>Indeed looking through my files I can see several calls we made to offer him further help with resolving this issue however he declined the offer.
<br/>
<br/>As Independent Financial Advisers and pension specialists now, I would be happy to help you understand this and other pension issues if you want to.

Bobqq's Response to gevers's Review

Written on: 22/01/2011

Whilst appreciating Gravers review and finding it of value the clarification provided was very beneficial. My company is about to transfer its scheme to Zurich so it has encouraged me to seek further comments