Shinsung Career Dragon .50 Reviews

Shinsung Career Dragon .50 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Shinsung Career Dragon .50

Shinsung Career Dragon .50
Shinsung Career Dragon .50

“I've been shooting the 202s in 9mm for years so I've...”

Written on: 24/09/2010

I've been shooting the 202s in 9mm for years so I've long known of the Dragon, but given the added expense of the .50 cal, I went with the 9mm instead. However two Xmases ago, Dad asked me what I wanted for Xmas, and I had to smirk and call him up on the offer. At my gun club we all kinda have a Post Xmas day get together, where we all bring our new guns and gear and let everyone have a turn on the range. At the end of the day we vote on the best present. When I opened the case they all… Read Full Review

“I had trouble with the tank holding air too. It has...”

Written on: 28/02/2010

I had trouble with the tank holding air too. It has nothing to do with the seal design. What happens is, as the rifles are stores (when new) changes in are temperature case the valves to open slightly (this is why most pcp airgun manufacturers recommend storing them with the tanks full so the valves will stay closed)and this can cause the seal to "dry out" or become contaminated by dust. A little divers pure silicon grease solved this problem (DO NOT USE A PETROLEUM BASED GREASE, THIS COULD… Read Full Review

“The dragon slayer is just a fun to shot gun with...”

Written on: 24/08/2008 by Billtwo (3 reviews written)

The dragon slayer is just a fun to shot gun with plenty of power. I got my first rabbit at 67 yards with a 178 grain hornady round ball. Using a leapers 4-16x50 scope and about 3&1/2 mil dots, talk about knock him for a flip! Can't wait to go hog hunting! Oh yeah the fit and finish are first rate. You can't go wrong with this one! In my opinion to many people over look the ds.50 and but the 909 when they read it shots faster. Well mine came out of the box doing 210 ftps., 714fps with round… Read Full Review

“Mine wont hold air, sent it back twice, finally...”

Written on: 21/01/2008 by fftoddm (1 review written)

Mine wont hold air, sent it back twice, finally decided to pull it apart myself with tech help, very simple but the o-ring design needs to be improved upon haven't shot 25 shots great gun if only it would hold air I would not recommend it,look for a different manufacturer… Read Full Review

Billtwo's Response to 339334_fftoddm's Review

Written on: 24/08/2008

This review is kinda like if you buy a new chevy car and a leaky fuel tank gets by quality control you tell everybody to just "find another manufacturer" Kinda lame if you ask me! My dragon slayer .50 cal shoots 100 percent of the time "dead on the money" Do your own research from many sources. Career makes many top notch air guns like the 707 II & III in .22,25 & 9mm cals, career infinity, career 201 fire 9mm, and many other models.

“Shinsung Career Dragon .50 - Grouping was acceptable...”

Written on: 09/01/2005 by Koloradokidd (1 review written)

Shinsung Career Dragon .50 - Grouping was acceptable for hunting at 25 yards I got consistant 1" groups, moving out to 40 I got a one hole 2 1/2" group of 5. At 50 I got anywhere from 3 1/2" to 4 3/4" All 5 shot groups. This was all done offhand because I don't believe in benchrest shooting. Just kidding that was a lie I used a bench rest. As for power it gets just under 200 fps which is plenty for close range deer hunting. I took a 4 by 3 mule deer at 40 yards and the bullet was bulging just… Read Full Review

176891_Bombom101's Response to Koloradokidd's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

200fps i hope you mean ft lbs mate?
regards
tom

Billtwo's Response to Koloradokidd's Review

Written on: 27/08/2008

Try some hornady .490 178 grain round balls or .495 183 grain round balls and watch the accuracy go from what you mentioned above to driving at 25meters. I can stick hole in hole at 25 meters all day. I even nail a rabbit at 67 meters with a hornady .490 round ball using about 3 and a half mil dots. to get a head shot, not half bad for for a heavy .50 cal at that distance and such a small target area (the head). Plus I am still getting about 200ftps of energy with the lighter roundballs (714fps) and that's right out of the box with no tune up! Either I got lucky or career has made some more changes to the newer dragon slayers. By the way it's shooting 225 grain@646fps=about 210ftps of energy! All the numbers have been backed up on two different chronometers .