Sony RDR GX300 Reviews

Recording media DVD+R/RW

Features:
  • Universal DVD-R/DVD-RW, DVD+R/+RW recorder and player
  • Records up to 5 hours of audio/video content per single-sided 4.7 GB DVD
  • Precision Cinema Progressive with Pixel-by-Pixel I/P Conversion produces seamless, flicker-free images on high-definition and HD-ready TVs
  • Front-panel audio/video input provides simple connection to camcorders or other devices
  • Simplified timer recording through VCR Plus+ electronic program guide
  • Refine your search

Sony RDR GX300

“Once you get used to the Sony RDR GX300 it seems to be...”

Written on: 02/04/2009

Once you get used to the Sony RDR GX300 it seems to be a good and reliable recorder. True it has been superseded by newer models and blu-ray - but it is not a recorder to be overlooked… Read Full Review

Sony RDR GX300

“I have used the Sony RDR GX300 recorder for more than...”

Written on: 28/06/2008 by rebjones (3 reviews written)

I have used the Sony RDR GX300 recorder for more than 2 years and have never had any problem. Has various recording mode and he quality of recorded material is excellent at the highest recording mode… Read Full Review

Sony RDR GX300

“The picture and sound recordings with my Sony RDR...”

Written on: 25/09/2006 by nairb1000 (4 reviews written)

The picture and sound recordings with my Sony RDR GX300 are perfect and I've never had one bad recording. I have used both +r/rw and -r/rw, and all burned perfect. I have owned and used lots of Sony products and cannot in all honesty say I have had any problems. Just replaced a Sony TV (was around 26 yrs old) with a Sony LCD. I hope it's the same quality… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Sony RDR GX300

“I have just bought two JVC 32 inch LCD TV's for my...”

Written on: 13/10/2005 by l fraser (1 review written)

I have just bought two JVC 32 inch LCD TV's for my pub. They were going to be Sony, but due to a very bad experience with a Sony RDR GX300 DVD recorder, I'll never buy a Sony product again!… Read Full Review

Polymath2's Response to l fraser's Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

Same thing happened to me.
    <br>
    Loading my 11-th DVD (Sony brand!) it said "Cannot read this disc." From then on, it would not read any disc, including ones it had recorded and commercial DVDs. Got an estimate from authorized Sony repair center. They said the entire "DVD mechanism" had to be replaced and quoted $504. That's $84 labor and $420 parts. I paid $400 for the thing originally.
    <br>
    <br>It's sad, really. One experience this bad undoes many years of trusting Sony. I never will again. Buyer beware.

Rebjones's Response to l fraser's Review

Written on: 28/06/2008

I disagree with this review because... I have been using this recorder for 3 years without a single failure

Polymath2's Response to l fraser's Review

Written on: 31/03/2006

In the interest of fairness, I am updating my entry, as follows: After getting the absurd $500+ estimate from Circuit City (which they refused to put in writing even though they charged me $40 for it), I called Sony directly (my second try). I gave them my whole sob story (light use, Sony DVDs only, sudden total failure, Circuit City treatment). They said they'd fix it for a flat fee of $119. I had to send it to Texas. It took them two tries, but now it is working perfectly.

Mike Shackell's Response to l fraser's Review

Written on: 25/03/2006

Mine packed up under guarantee - the disc drive unit went faulty. Comet replaced the drive unit and it's now faulty again. Comet say that the part is covered by a 12 month warranty but not the labour charge (£60). After reading your comments, I won't bother getting it fixed and will avoid Sony in future.

Sean5302's Response to l fraser's Review

Written on: 12/03/2006

Sony Corporation posted a billion dollar LOSS last year. Too much messing about at Sony Pictures, making movies.
    They have taken their eyes off the ball with their electronics.