Cowon Systems iAudio G3 Reviews

• Battery Life

Cowon Systems iAudio G3 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cowon Systems iAudio G3

Cowon Systems iAudio G3

“The Iaudio G3 is a great device depending on what you...”

Written on: 02/01/2005 by sanjaydas (4 reviews written)

The Iaudio G3 is a great device depending on what you want to use it for. It is a 4 in 1 device: music player, recorder, FM.

Radio and removable USB Drive. So I will split my review accordingly.

Useful features
1. Backlit LCD giving plenty of information.
2. Intuitive user interface through a 5 direction button. The menus and the folder navigator are easily and intuitively accessible.
3. Uses AA batteries rather than a built in rechargeable battery. This is very important because all… Read Full Review

Goody123's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 07/02/2005

Dear Sanjay Das, Greetings! Thanks for a nice review. I was thinking of purchasing G3 specifically for direct recording from the mic into mp3. You said that the recording volume is low. How is the quality of recording from the built-in mic? Can it record directly into mp3? It's a pity they did not give an option for an external mic. I hope you see this question. Thanks in advance.

Written on: 22/03/2006

If you are recording using the built in microphone then you have to be placing the unit not more than a few feet from the lecturer unless the lecturer is speaking loudly. My experience is that it records at a low volume. I then step the volume up and remove any hiss using software like Goldwave the end result of which is good. The FM recording is definitely not like the original FM played. The line in recorder too is not up to the mark.

Pangping1510's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

Recording capability is good. no worries. =p

Blackdoom's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 19/03/2006

I am planning to buy a cowon mp3 player but my main concern is recording capability. Can you please tell me how good is its recorder? My main recording is of lectures and speeches in halls or classroom type areas or maybe in the open. SO will this mp3 player be good in these situations as compared to iRiver.

Written on: 16/02/2006

You can compare the differences using the compare function available at www.advancedmp3players.co.uk. Basically the difference is the battery. G3 uses AA whereas iAudio 5 uses AAA. All other features are basically the same.

Morrigan's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 13/02/2006

I´m searching for a good quality MP3-player. iAudio seems to have nice MP3-players for me, but what is the key difference between the iAudio G3 and the iAudio 5?

Lantis's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 04/04/2005

This is a great news as I was upset when I read your words regarding its FM recording ability, which was quite negative by your words... I am happy now so that I will get one iaudio 512mb or 1gb version. I guess 13mw will be more than enough for power output and I love an MP3 player that uses AA battery;)

Written on: 02/04/2005

By the way I did return the first G3 that I got and received another one which recorded FM much better. So I am quite happy with this.

Written on: 02/04/2005

I haven't. But from what I have heard the G3 is as good if not better than the iFp-800 series. The G3 has some superb sound effects which is fully customisable to your taste (you could get over a million combinations !!). The problem with the irivers are the buggy firmwares and the fact that it does not even work as a removable drive (at least at the time I bought my G3). In fact I was looking at the ifp-890 before giving up on it and went for the G3! Good luck.

Lantis's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 31/03/2005

Hi:) I have been considering to buy iAudio G3. I have used iRiver ifp700 series before and their sound is perfect and very strong(18mw power). My question is, have you ever listened iRiver ifp700 or 800 series? If so, can you compare which one is the best regarding sound quality? ta:)

Pangping1510's Response to sanjaydas's Review

Written on: 26/03/2005

I would like this gadget to record my lectures...so how does the recording function fairs with Samsung YP-MT6Z? Do you know anything about it? thanks...and what is the OGG support between this iaudio and Samsung?

Written on: 08/02/2005

Hello,
<br>I bought the G3 too for recording using the mic. The recording quality is decent though the volume is low. I recommend that you use an audio editor to increase the volume and remove any hiss. The MP3 players do not have the option for an external mic because they would need to build in an amplifier which would probably double the size of the device. Most people do not use MP3 players for voice recording and hence the size is important. Hope this helps.