Honda Civic IMA 1300 Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Honda Civic IMA 1300 - Ask a question now

“do not ever buy a Honda IMA. ive had nohing but...”

Written on: 25/06/2010

do not ever buy a Honda IMA. ive had nohing but trouble and all honda do is deny there is any problems.
window has coming off its guides at least three times.
IMA battery went flat so car wouldn't start. after two hours it came back to life. tock to honda who couldn't find any faults.
i made a big fuss and then all of a sudden it needs four computer updates.
biggest mistake ever. IMA system never worked right since.
can get no more than 40mpg IMA system boost hardly ever got enough power in… Read Full Review

Paul Dg's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2010

Are you referring to the Honda Civic IMA that was available in the UK between 2003 and 2006? I ask because you state the year of manufacture as 2009. You also state that you have owned the car for 2 years. 2009 + 2 = 2011! If I were you I would persist in your claims with Honda as it does sound as if this is a rogue car. What is the car's history? Was it regularly serviced? Have you considered contacting the original seller? You will see from the other reviews on this site that the Honda Civic IMA is a regarded as a good hybrid car.

“I have had my 2004 honda civic ima for 2 years. i got...”

Written on: 08/01/2010

I have had my 2004 honda civic ima for 2 years. i got the car with 50k on it in 2008 it now has 113k on it and has never had a falt.
the car returns between 50mpg and 60mpg.

i work for a warranty company and theas cars dont go wrong. the only problem i have been able to find is that some people in the us. have found that the 144v ima bat has over heated… Read Full Review

“Have read many bad comments recently regarding hybrids...”

Written on: 20/08/2007 by surreypuma (1 review written)

Have read many bad comments recently regarding hybrids and how they are not good cars, so now I'm going to put the record straight.
My best tank mileage to date in my Honda Civic IMA 1300 is 691 miles, this was an average of 67.2 mpg doing 25 mile round trips mainly on B roads, basically Leatherhead to Gatwick airport. Average tanks I get around 600 miles at a cost of around £45 to fill up.
Couple this with the tax and group 8 insurance this car is fantastic and would recommend it to anyone!… Read Full Review

“Got this car to replace a diesel Mondeo and try and...”

Written on: 17/05/2007 by RobBuckland (31 reviews written)

Got this car to replace a diesel Mondeo and try and cut costs. We have three young kids and two booster seats and a big car seat fit in the back no problem. The only thing is the boot is relatively small (and I agree with another reviewer, I thought there was a trim panel missing on the boot lid and took it back to the dealers!) and rear seat doesn't fold due to battery.
To drive, it just feels like a normal 1.5 saloon with a couple of extra dials! It's not the fastest car in the world but… Read Full Review

“Very pleased with my Honda Civic IMA 1300 overall,...”

Written on: 15/07/2006 by Sam101 (1 review written)

Very pleased with my Honda Civic IMA 1300 overall, it's excellent for city driving, economical and absolutely reliable. In London this car cries out for an automatic version, which was made when I bought this one but not available in UK. Has good build quality, even excellent in some respects. Very comfortable for driver & passengers with leather seats as standard. Climate control as standard is a nice touch. It's environmentally friendly so road fund licence now dropped to about £40… Read Full Review

“We've owned our Civic IMA since new from 1 Mar 04....”

Written on: 25/07/2005 by paul dg (1 review written)

We've owned our Civic IMA since new from 1 Mar 04. Prior to that we'd owned mainly diesel cars so we were used to getting 50+ mpg. The average mpg according to the trip computer is 48.1 mpg since new. This is mixed driving, long and short journeys, sometimes with just the driver, other times with a full load. On occasion we've managed just over 60 mpg on a tankful of fuel. The car has been serviced once at 12,500 miles and this cost just over £120, quite expensive for what is not much more than… Read Full Review

Paul Dg's Response to paul dg's Review

Written on: 06/08/2010

Five years on, we still have this car and it has now done 106,500 miles. The average mpg has crept up to 51.8 mpg and we still sometimes see over 60 mpg per tankful on longish journeys. The car has been very reliable over the 6+ years we've owned it, only breaking down once in all that time due to a 12v battery fault. To be honest, if I hadn't ignored the warning signs that wouldn't have happened either. The main 144v battery is still going strong (touch wood) as is the original clutch. The car is regularly serviced by main Honda dealers at the recommended service intervals. Other than replacement wiper blades, tyres, brake pads, rear brake discs, a set of rear drop links and 2 12v batteries nothing else has needed replacing or repairing. The car is still very comfortable and the paintwork is still shiny. I reckon that this car was a good buy and I would recommend going down the hybrid route.

Paul Dg's Response to paul dg's Review

Written on: 11/09/2011

The story has ended with our Honda Civic IMA being part exchanged for a new Nissan Leaf. Not much else went wrong with the Honda in the past year apart from the SRS warning light illuminating a few months ago. This was reset but reappeared after a few weeks. By then we had ordered the Leaf and the Honda had been accepted in px so we didn't bother getting it repaired. Another couple of new tyres on the rear and that was it. The Honda was handed over to the Nissan dealer at just over 125,000 miles (service due) and probably a couple of thousand miles left on the front tyres. The over all mpg from new didn't improve from 51.8. I consider the car to have been a very good buy, never failing an MOT, and but for the fact we wanted to go all electric I would have kept it. Thoroughly recommended!

Mdec's Response to paul dg's Review

Written on: 30/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because... I own the same car and agree with the points made.

“As a company car driver, I find the Honda Civic IMA...”

Written on: 23/02/2005 by PaulHowell (5 reviews written)

As a company car driver, I find the Honda Civic IMA 1300 ideal. I previously had a people carrier but the emissions on the civic are so low that you even get a 1% bonus below the minimum tax bracket.
Also, at purchase time the Government paid £1000.00 towards the cost of the car, and you do not need to pay congestion charges.
The car itself is very nicely finished, nothing looks like cheap plastic. I have owned it for nearly 2 years now and have had no problems at all.
The engine is designed to… Read Full Review

Paul Dg's Response to PaulHowell's Review

Written on: 25/07/2005

The latest cars have black interior, thus not quite so difficult to keep clean. I've never experienced the "putting your foot down and nothing happens" in my IMA.

“We are a family of four including two lads under 10....”

Written on: 23/12/2004 by Hudd3 (1 review written)

We are a family of four including two lads under 10. Our Honda Civic IMA was purchased as a second vehicle to run around locally and provide a back-up to our MPV in case of emergency.

At the time of purchase we wanted a cheap car to run that would be reliable yet provide comfort. We were not too concerned about boot space or its ability to cover long distance and wanted an environmentally friendly vehicle.

The Honda Civic IMA was selected and we have been using it for best part of a year -… Read Full Review

Paul Dg's Response to Hudd3's Review

Written on: 25/07/2005

The heated rear window does switch itself off after 10-15 minutes. The car may be low to the ground compared to an MPV. Compared to an ordinary car it has an average ride height.

Hudd3's Response to Hudd3's Review

Written on: 01/08/2005

Had our first problem; the paintwork does not like bird droppings! Honda are not too keen to sort this out on warranty either saying you can't guard against this even though the car was superguarded.... hmmm our Galaxy parked in the same place with the same droppings doesn't have a problem!
<br>
<br>I have been told that manufacturers are using a water based paint now ad this is not as robust as the previous types - how true this is I don't know.
<br>
<br>Still happy with car overall, averaging 47mpg, 55 on long journeys.