Dell Dimension 4100 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Dell Dimension 4100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dell Dimension 4100

Dell Dimension 4100

“I think the Dell Dimension 4100 is one of the most...”

Written on: 13/11/2009

I think the Dell Dimension 4100 is one of the most bullet proof towers Dell has ever made. I have three of them up and running constantly. The first one I inherited in 2003. The other two I bought on ebay for 30.00 each just for parts. When they arrived they worked just fine so my "for parts only" plan went out the window. I've upgraded them all over the years: 160gb hard drives, max'ed out the RAM to 512mb [all the motherboard will allow], XP Pro SP3, newer video cards, etc. I have virtually… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“It runs well, I have had it for along time upgraded it...”

Written on: 01/01/2009

It runs well, I have had it for along time upgraded it to Windows XP , works better than my friends brand new computer!
Overall this is an awesome computer! Well recommend Dell Dimension 4100… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“In general this is just a so-so pc and although there...”

Written on: 27/02/2007 by rds1 (1 review written)

In general this is just a so-so pc and although there are a few mitigating features to this pc I would honestly look for another pc because with the money I spent I could have had a lot more from the likes of Evesham or even Sony.
Also, I have never experienced it but my friend who is doing a training course in IT said that the Dell service people who you ring when you have problems are absolutely hopeless and sometimes do more bad than good for your pc… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“In relation to the previous post i made about DELL: ”

Written on: 16/02/2007 by captainships (2 reviews written)

In relation to the previous post i made about DELL:
After persistent complaining and emailing I am having my PC replaced with free upgrades.
I have been impressed to be honest. They have compensated the grief caused. My new PC will be arriving tomorrow.

After having gone through phone calls after phone calls with technicians, who tried but failed to resolve the problems with the brand new P.C, i told them i had had enough and wanted a refund. I was not willing to have a brand new system being… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“I just bought my Dell dimension desktop two days ago...”

Written on: 08/02/2007 by captainships (2 reviews written)

I just bought my Dell dimension desktop two days ago and I am not impressed.
First of all - the delivery slot is far to long - 8am to 6pm. They do not even call you to give an estimated time.
I have had to stay in home for the whole day- but that's not the bad point- after all that waiting they didn't even deliver. Nor did they call and say why it was not delivered. I have had to call back only to be told that nothing can be done and that no managers or supervisors were available (this was 6pm… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“I'd never buy from Dell again and I tell ALL my...”

Written on: 21/12/2006 by obryan (1 review written)

I'd never buy from Dell again and I tell ALL my clients the same… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“I purchased a Dimension 4100 in 2001, which I used...”

Written on: 22/05/2006 by BizzyBoy (4 reviews written)

I purchased a Dimension 4100 in 2001, which I used primarily for web browsing and music production. In 2004 I upgraded to a faster Dell to run my music applications but I kept the 4100 for the internet and basic graphic and web design work. Now in 2006, after five years of use it has proved to be a very stable and reliable system and the only times I recall it having work done was when I had the RAM upgraded (before I started doing work myself). It came from the factory with Windows ME… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“I have had the Dell Dimension 4100 since 2001. Has...”

Written on: 13/07/2004 by mlmx52002 (1 review written)

I have had the Dell Dimension 4100 since 2001. Has been upgraded to Windows 2000. Lots has been upgraded from drives to ram… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“I have had my Dell Dimension 4100 since Nov 2000. It...”

Written on: 28/01/2004 by 4D 61 72 63 (3 reviews written)

I have had my Dell Dimension 4100 since Nov 2000. It has proven to be an excellent choice. I had no problems obtaining driver support when I upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I have also not had any problems upgrading hardware - the original well-designed box now holds extra RAM, two hard drives, a CD-ROM and CD-R/RW, and for a while, I even had third hard drive running off of a PCI-based expansion card. The computer has run continuously with minimal downtime for as long as I have had it.

I… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“Having owned a Dell Dimension 4100 for two and a half...”

Written on: 21/11/2003 by Paul Mcintyre (1 review written)

Having owned a Dell Dimension 4100 for two and a half years I have had no problems with the computer. Although initially it was expensive to buy, compared to other systems, it has proved trouble free and a worthwile investment… Read Full Review

Dell Dimension 4100

“My experience has been that Dell are very slow to...”

Written on: 29/12/2002 by Claire Sheppy. (1 review written)

My experience has been that Dell are very slow to respond to getting problems rectified. On site visits are almost non existent and it takes a while before they arrange to collect the computer to repair it. My Dell computer has been back once and failed again with exactly the same problem, not many months later… Read Full Review

61833_Terminalethargy.'s Response to 61268_Claire Sheppy.'s Review

Written on: 31/12/2002

Too bad...I've had my 4100 for over 2 years without a single problem (wood-knocking)!

Blue Bells's Response to 61268_Claire Sheppy.'s Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

In response to the other post, in short, no dell dont test their systems or run compantability checks on things like mouse mats. Although they sell them as "custom systems" they aren't really as they just bulk 50 of the same together as you only have limited options. Its basically just a marketing ploy to say look we sell this system for only £500 quid it "can" have top of range everything, then fail to mention the £500 quote system doesn't even come with a floppy drive lol. Never had one myself but I know 3 or 4 mates who do and muggins here always ends up fixing them after they get bored of sitting on hold for hours and getting nowhere lol.

Slark3220's Response to 61268_Claire Sheppy.'s Review

Written on: 01/11/2003

I am amazed that Dell responded to you at all. Lucky you! In my case, after three e-mail support requests to Dell UK and even e-mailing the Account Manager who sold me the machine, they DIDN'T BOTHER EVEN REPLYING. In their on-line support system it promises 4 hour responses to tech support issues. I am still waiting 4 WEEKS LATER.
<br>
<br>In the end I managed to rectify the issue myself (they provided a mouse mat that, through it's embossed texture, was totally incompatible with the optical mouse they shipped). The mouse jumped around all over the screen and was impossible to use. Don't they test their peripherals together? In my design days, this would be called 'Systems Integration' something they should consider looking into and adopting some time soon.
<br>
<br>I will NEVER buy anything else from Dell UK following the total lack of after-sales support. Have they sacked all their support staff?! None of my e-mails bounced so someone must have read them.

Dell Dimension 4100

“Dell Website was pretty good, but our experience of...”

Written on: 19/09/2001 by Rob. (1 review written)

Dell Website was pretty good, but our experience of Dell computers is to make sure you go for upgraded components- quite often the base model hard drives and monitors are not that good- always go for "turbo" hard drives, it makes a lot of difference. I also went for the high-end 17" P791 flat screen monitor (made by Samsung, if website is believed). This is a lovely screen, as good as the benchmark for quality- the Iiyama Vision Master 410 Pro.

Our experience of Dell PCs and laptops is that… Read Full Review