Loewe Reviews

Loewe - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Loewe

Loewe

“Design, Duur, slechte support en ondersteuning”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by Woodwardzk105 (1 review written)

Ooit in een vlaag van verstandsverbijstering, een Loewe Spheros 37 gekocht bij van Wakeren in Veenendaal voor € 9500,00. Veel problemen gehad met het opnemen van TV programma's in HD kwaliteit, welke door van Wakeren in Veenendaal niet is opgelost. Onlangs overgegaan op Telfort Alles in 1 Glasvezel, waarbij diverse problemen met het installeren van dit nieuwe pakket op de Loewe TV. Zowel de support van Loewe alswel van Wakeren in Veenendaal hebben de problemen niet kunnen oplossen, sterker… Read Full Review

“Update”

Written on: 20/01/2014

Just an update to my entry, dated 25/10/13. TV required new hard drive & new signal panel (second one in 1 year!). All went well for 4 weeks at most. Now all the previous problems have recurred; basically all systems faulty now. Have contacted Loewe about a replacement or refund(4 e-mails now with all the info they wanted) but all has gone silent. I wait to see what happens… Read Full Review

“Do not buy a Loewe tv”

Written on: 18/12/2013

I thought I was going to get a superior product, but Loewe tv's are so frustratingly difficult to use, it's incredible. I'm used to apple & it's wonderfully intuitive ways. The exact opposite can be said for Loewe. Whoever has written/translated the manual should be sacked. The tv I'm sure, does lots of things, but I cannot work out how to access them. The apps are utterly useless in this country. The picture quality is good, but no better than any other led tv I've seen. Tonight it's decided… Read Full Review

“Multiple problems!”

Written on: 25/10/2013

Connect 40 DR+ TV. Now comming up to 3 years old. I have experienced every problem as already outlined by other reviewers. Went away for repair 1 year ago (away 2 weeks) & all seemed well until last 6 to 8 weeks; all the faults have recurred. Loewe arranging for repair again next week. Thank goodness for a 5 year warranty! Still got my old CRT Loewe Xelos TV from 1999 aprox. With a freeview box, still givng excellent service. TV is stylish but expensive. The reliability is dreadful. Had bought… Read Full Review

“Superb Tv”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by mb1357 (4 reviews written)

Delighted with my TV; great support from Loewe UK. I sent them a number of technical emails which they replied to within hours Superb piece of kit though whilst not cheap its looks and performs faultlessly… Read Full Review

Loeweuk's Response to mb1357's Review

Written on: 12/09/2013

Thank you for the kind review.

Loewe UK have worked tirelessly over the past 12 months to improve our end customer, service model.

If you are a Loewe customer, and contact us via email, in 90% of cases you will receive a response within 3 hours, 100% of all queries are answered within three business days.

Loewe

“Loewe individual compose with soundbar”

Written on: 03/03/2013 by rippedoffangry (1 review written)

Oh man where to start. Looks great still, 3 years on but this TV set is THE biggest load of sheeiiite. I've had multiple repairs, non of which resolved the issue. Then they replaced the set and still I have issues. They paid me 3k to break my warranty. I walked away with a very glitchy TV but with over half of my money back. It crashes, I get a green screen, sound and picture loses synch, EPG wont repsond, hard drive wont record, sub woofer wont work! Absolute stinker of a TV. I totally regret… Read Full Review

“Stay away from Loewe”

Written on: 01/03/2013

I bought a Loewe TV and apart from having a variety of faults similar those already mentioned, mine will not interact with my PC so I cannot fully utilise the set for BBCi, Netflix, Lovefilm etc. on top of the £3800 I spent I paid another £50 to have it set up. What an absolute waste of money!… Read Full Review

“Loewe TV Issue”

Written on: 08/04/2012 by LSB3 (1 review written)

I have a Loewe 42 SL DR+ and a Loewe Viewvision DR+. When undertaking dubbing on the DVD recorder (not the TV note) to a disc in the DVD recorder, the TV will not change channel saying a timer recording is happening. Only solution seems to be to pull the scart lead, I can't believe this is the solution to a package costing 3k+. Any ideas from anyone? Also noticed the TV does not record things set on the EPG, seems somewhat random… Read Full Review

Loewe

“Astronomical Repair Cost for Loewe TV”

Written on: 07/07/2011 by Bibs (1 review written)

We bought a Loewe Xelios A26 television in May 2007. Shortly after buying it we realised how unfriendly the user interface was and how temperamental it could be. We often had to resort to turning the power on and off until it 'sorted itself out'. For the past few months we have had an intermittent fault where some days we cannot get a picture, only sound. It's almost as though there is a dry joint because if we leave it on, without the picture, all day, and then turn it on and off a couple of… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Bibs's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

I repair tvs. I can tell you now that is highly unlikely that the actual screen is faulty. Either the repair company are trying to rip you off, or they do not know what they are doing. The issue with your tv is either with the inverter section of the backlight, or the LVDS card that provides graphics output to the screen.

I ordinarily would not comment on a thread but reading this makes me so angry.

Loewe

“Shocking quality. I bought a Spheros R37 three years...”

Written on: 13/05/2011 by highendconsumer (1 review written)

Shocking quality. I bought a Spheros R37 three years ago and had nothing but problems: EPG n/w, very poor reception, HD would freeze up and need re-formatting (obviously losing all the recordings), it would change recording times and dates randomly, it would freeze and become unresponsive to the remote and only a switch off cures it.
Loewe Gallery in Glasgow replaced with a new Connect 37 and guess what...
HD takes 10 minutes to load (Loewe say that's expected given 30 hours of recording on… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to highendconsumer's Review

Written on: 06/06/2011

Hi there, its Dave from the Loewe Galerie in Glasgow, its a real shame you had this experience, and for the record it was not a sale through ourselves but a direct one from Loewe we facilitated. As stated we agree whole heartedly with the customer, who I have the upmost respect and time for, regarding 10minutes load time for 30 hours recording being acceptable, its not, and its not normal with Loewe sets, after reading this I tried the one we use instore for showing customers how to set recordings.... 76 Hours of recordings and loads instantaneous. I still maintain you have been extremely unlucky and I can only apologise whole heartedly for your experience, I hope we have kept up our end as best as we can with putting your case to Loewe and providing a DVD recorder for DR+ transfer before repair. Again it pains me to read a bad review that we are associated with, albeit on your side of the fence.

Loewe

“I am pleased to read that I am not the only person who...”

Written on: 21/02/2011

I am pleased to read that I am not the only person who thinks that Loewe TV's are dreadful. I purchased a Freeview Loewe LCD screen about two years ago and have been plagued by problems. They are dreadful, the after-sales support Is questionable to say the least.

I recently purchased a cheap LCD set from John Lewis made by Panasonic which has a vastly superior picture to the Loewe TV set that I paid a fortune for.

I read online that Loewe lost £4.5 million last year, after my experience, I am… Read Full Review

Loewe

“Overpriced and unreliable: that is my view of Loewe...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

Overpriced and unreliable: that is my view of Loewe televisions after more than a year's experience. I can only endorse what the other reviewers have said: they may look good, but the software appears to be completely inadequate. Consequently the (Freeview) reception is poor and quite often crashes altogether. When that happens the set has to be switched off. Loewe seem to be relying on past reputation and the hope that people will be attracted by slick design and the belief that a high price… Read Full Review

Loewe

“Our Loewe was great for the first year ,then the EPG...”

Written on: 13/01/2011

Our Loewe was great for the first year ,then the EPG packed up. Loewe sent Appliance care to fix it what a laugh. 14 months on and it is still not working properly. The last time they had it back for 4 weeks returned it on Christmas Eve 2010. They did not connect it up properly and at present you can't watch a program and record another. I think we will get rid of it and buy a Sony. Neither Loewe or Appliance care of Exeter are helpful and one Appliance Care chap said he did not about Loewe… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

Sorry for your bad experience, I own the Loewe galerie in Glasgow and I am not justifying or defending anything, but the reason for your recording issue is the coax loop through on the back has not connected the secondary tuner. If you check the back of the TV you will see three coax inputs, 2 together and one behind them, the loop cable connects to the one at the back plus the only one it will fit of the front two, aerial then plugs into the spare, and that should sort that. EPG is a know issue and you should be on a list to be fixed.... if not drop me a line and I will send software down when available? :-)

Loewe

“I fell in love with the looks of the Loewe Individual...”

Written on: 28/10/2010

I fell in love with the looks of the Loewe Individual LCD TV's a few years back.

They were loads of money, but they looked very classy. A joke I put one on my wedding list, and much to my amazement my work colleagues clubbed together and purchased one as a Wedding Gift.

All went well for the first month or two, we were really pleased and watching TV was a joy. The thing even looked good turned off.

Then we started having problems with Freeview, the reception kept dropping in and out. As I… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

Hi there, Dave from Loewe Galerie Glasgow again, if you need unbiased advice on this. look us up at www.wilsonsav.co.uk and we can see what we can do to help you on the road again.

Loewe

“I have a problem with loosing the sky channels when...”

Written on: 06/10/2010 by Einar (1 review written)

I have a problem with loosing the sky channels when turning off the TV.
I have emitted Loewe 4 times over the last month but have not register an answer,
Hopeless customer service. The TV is ok buy very overpriced.
Do not buy!!!… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Einar's Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

Losing sky channels when turning off tv, never experienced that, again contact us through any of the mediums at www.wilsonsav.co.uk, phone or email would be great.

Loewe

“I agree with the last reviewer. ”

Written on: 18/08/2010

I agree with the last reviewer.

I too sold the Loewe TV's for many years. Their CRT screens were on the whole pretty good, if expensive.

The Loewe LCD range of TV's is just expensive for expensive sake. The LCD panels used in their screens are not made by Loewe but are mainly Sharp or LG. Performance of the screens, in my opinion is c minus.

I work for a one of the countries largest specialist retailers that has branches all over the country. We stopped stocking Loewe because of the average… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

Being fair there is only a handful of screen manufacturers in the world and companies cannot make everything, even Bang & olufsen use samsung! Regarding the product recalls, I believe the situation was to do with a common power supply circuit board which a number of makes use, Bang & Olufsen did a similar ;upgrade' of faulty parts (was Bang & olufsen at thetime) and many other manufacturers were not proactive at all, Loewe at least came out, said there was a issue and moved to deal with it whatever the publicity.

Written on: 26/07/2011

Like your previous reviewers I too sold Loewe TV's in the past. My Vitros CRT has finally packed in after 10 years faultless service (Power supply gone). Am now going to get an LCD tv however judging by these reviews will probably look at getting a Sony or similar mainstream product.

Loewe

“Loewe TV's are overpriced, over complicated and over...”

Written on: 16/08/2010

Loewe TV's are overpriced, over complicated and over rated! I sold this brand of TV for many years in the north of the country before leaving the trade.

The software that is used in the UK version of the Loewe TV's is very buggy and prone to crashing. This is because the rest of Europe does not use the type of Freeview that we use in the UK, and the testing process seems to done on the end user.

Servicing of Loewe TV's was always a nightmare due to the fact all parts had to come from… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

This has changed being fair Loewe supply freeview Televisons, better than the DVB-T in the past, plus parts are now usually through in 2-3 days if in stock

Loewe

“The Loewe TV is ok but don't ever buy from Loewe...”

Written on: 07/08/2010

The Loewe TV is ok but don't ever buy from Loewe Galerie in Kendal.
They are horrendous, they sold me a connect package which does not work with itunes without spending hours converting your library. They never returned calls, eventually turned up to take the connect package off and now I am still waiting for a refund 1 month later. Decide for yourself!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/06/2011

Did they download the free Twonkymedia software and product Key from the Loewe website, Works a dream for movies and music :-) hope your refund is sorted by the Galerie you are dealing with

Loewe

“My TV has been trouble from day one with an...”

Written on: 26/02/2010

My TV has been trouble from day one with an inexperienced dealer service, now out of warranty and no hope of the unit working properly. The set has of good design and a great picture, when its working. The remote is difficult to use and must be a nightmare to anyone with poor hand usage. The TV is not at all user friendly with its complex on screen instructions. In recent months the set has regularly frozen when changing stations and can only be restored by switching off at the mains. My next… Read Full Review

Loewe

“Very impressed by the overall picture quality,...”

Written on: 26/10/2008

Very impressed by the overall picture quality, especially on HD and adventure movies or HD Discovery Nature movies.

Sad impression left from Loewe services and their distributors. Complex system aimed at not covering their waranties I suppose.

Too bad, would have purchased a dozen Aconda sets for my Multimedia Company… Read Full Review