Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen Reviews

Summary

Read and write reviews of the Apple iPod Classic (Photo) 4th Generation MP3 Player.

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

Specification for Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

Main Features
iPod Model iPod Classic
iPod Model iPod Classic

Features:
  • 60 GB model holds up to 15,000 songs; supports AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 (32 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible, AIFF, Apple Lossless and WAV
  • Holds approximately 25,000 photos and displays them on a 2-inch diagonal 65,536-color LCD screen with LED backlight
  • Up to 15 hours battery life when fully charged (which typically takes 5 hours); fast-charge in as little as 3 hours
  • Compatible with Mac OS X or Windows 2000 with SP4 and XP; FireWire and USB 2.0 interface for fastest digital transfer available
  • Comes with iPod photo dock, earbud headphones, a carrying case, an AC adapter, a FireWire cable, a USB 2.0 cable, and an AV cable
  • Refine your search

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“it works ok, and I love the appearance”

Written on: 19/04/2010 by nightwishLJ (4 reviews written)

it works ok, and I love the appearance… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“Fantastic way to listen to many thousands of songs...”

Written on: 22/04/2008 by joel57 (1 review written)

Fantastic way to listen to many thousands of songs when on the go, that is, when it works. This ipod model is Incredibly unreliable. 2 of the last 3 ipods have suddenly had hard drive crashes and never restarted. I'm awaiting my 4th ipod photo (3rd replacement) in less than three years! (I bought the 4 year extended warranty). The longest any one Ipod has lasted for me has been 18months, and each time i get it replaced under warranty i have to wait about 6 weeks. Compared to the video Ipods… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“I would recommend that you don't buy an Apple iPod...”

Written on: 05/01/2008

I would recommend that you don't buy an Apple iPod Photo 40GB!!! If you do - KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“This iPod is something brand new for me and I can't...”

Written on: 21/11/2006 by janet dumas (1 review written)

This iPod is something brand new for me and I can't believe the quality and value for money of my new toy - I just turned 70 years old and am always learning new things. Janet… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“The Apple iPod Photo has lots of memory, but it...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by nezie (1 review written)

The Apple iPod Photo has lots of memory, but it breaks, and support is no good. If you don't buy their warranty you can forget about it, unless it's over a year, then Best Buy or Future Shop will take it. Under a year and you have to pay $50 for shipping. I've had 2 of these MP3 players in 3 years, and I will never buy another one… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“My main purpose of purchasing an MP3 player was really...”

Written on: 18/09/2006 by ramtin (22 reviews written)

My main purpose of purchasing an MP3 player was really to 'jukebox' my music collection and port it with me around the house and on the move. A friend of mine has one of these, and I'd been umming and ahhing about an MP3 player for a while, in particular the iPod 60Gb Photo, and when the new iPod video came out I renewed my interest.

I'd never seen any bad reviews of the Photo, but even after a few months the new Video was getting slated a bit, even if it was just for not supplying all the kit… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“"FIVE", that's right "5" Apple Photo iPods stopped...”

Written on: 23/05/2005 by RocketTalk (1 review written)

"FIVE", that's right "5" Apple Photo iPods stopped working within the first 2 hours on playback. Thanks to Circuit City they replaced all of them and finally a full refund for the fifth. I've heard of having high hopes and patience with a product but this was ridiculous. This represents over $1750 worth of iPods that all failed each within only 2 hours. They all freeze up, some stay on and you can't turn them off or do anything else. Others just go blank and nothing will bring them back to… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“The Apple iPod Photo (40GB) is my dream MP3...”

Written on: 13/05/2005 by jayz8 (3 reviews written)

The Apple iPod Photo (40GB) is my dream MP3 player/photo album. I love the color LCD screen, it looks great! I've had it for a month now, and at first I thought since it was bigger than the mini, it'd be to big to carry. But the slim design made it an easy fit for my pocket whenever I go to the gym. I use it mostly for music and I have plenty of room for all my songs that can run forever on the long battery life. Plus, it's real easy to enter and scroll through the few photos I have. Besides… Read Full Review

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“The Apple iPod Photo (60GB) is the third iPod I have...”

Written on: 10/02/2005 by The Daddy (70 reviews written)

The Apple iPod Photo (60GB) is the third iPod I have had experience of using and for my money is the best of the bunch. The memory size is fantastic and well worth the money, this top of the range version of the iPod is an essential for music lovers with a substantial CD collection. There is no substitute for having your tunes on tap when you are out and about and this will be as important to my holiday needs as my factor 15 suntan lotion.

The specifications of this product are simply… Read Full Review

186605_Flabinator's Response to The Daddy's Review

Written on: 25/03/2005

Well where do I start I mean its just too amazing.
    <br>The memory is amazing and the sound quality is mindblowing espeically if you are playing PRODIGY.

Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“A big thumbs-up for the Apple iPod Photo (40gb) from...”

Written on: 10/02/2005 by 2 Jags (34 reviews written)

A big thumbs-up for the Apple iPod Photo (40gb) from this reviewer! This player is just as easy to operate as other previous models of the iPod but brings so much more to the table!

This player allows you to not only listen to music in the best way possible, but also allows you to view and artwork from the iTunes website along with the singles and albums!

The iPod Photo also plugs into your television set so you can set up a slideshow on your TV whilst setting up an ultra cool playlist… Read Full Review