Beeman Crow Magnum IV Reviews

Beeman Crow Magnum IV - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman Crow Magnum IV

Beeman Crow Magnum IV
Beeman Crow Magnum IV

“The Beeman Crow Magnum IV is a man's rifle. Very hard...”

Written on: 30/09/2009

The Beeman Crow Magnum IV is a man's rifle. Very hard to load but it has a lot of power and accuracy… Read Full Review

“I have owned this Beeman Crow Magnum IV gun 10 years...”

Written on: 06/11/2006 by DVOSS (1 review written)

I have owned this Beeman Crow Magnum IV gun 10 years and it shoots as good and as hard today as it did the first time I shot it. The only problem I have ever had was a loose scope ring which is machined with the gun so it had to go back to the factory for repair. Came back from England looking like it did when I saw it and shoots the same with the scope ring solid now, every since. This gun is very good for keeping your keen eye and shooting skills up because it will out shoot most people's… Read Full Review

Xsful's Response to DVOSS's Review

Written on: 03/06/2007

Very good review. I like the discourse on the difference between calibers. I am looking to purchase a Crow Magnum and would appreciate any info you could send me. My E-Mail address is withxs@gmail.com
<br/>Keep shooting alive.

“I have owned my Crow Magnum IV in 5 mm (.20 caliber)...”

Written on: 09/12/2004 by Naschitti Sniper (5 reviews written)

I have owned my Crow Magnum IV in 5 mm (.20 caliber) for 15 months. I put a Weaver 4-16x scope on it. I bought it for long range blasting and am not disappointed. All I can say is that the numbers speak for itself. For validity I will include numbers in this review since most reviews lack the factual evidence. During this time I have shot over 100 animals (ranging from small birds and rodents to medium-sized small game) and have started losing count after that many. During this time I have… Read Full Review

181711_Shane A's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 15/01/2005

Your trigger is rubbish. I bought one for my dad for Christmas. Take the first stage out of the trigger it rocks. Our gun took about 2000 rounds to brake in. It came in nice. Also I chose the weaver V16 I would put the optics up against anything. For the money it is brilliant. The pellet of choice is JSB 16 gr.22cal. Better than the Crosman and won't lead your barrel and is a cleaner pellet. Your Beeman's service department ssn't very good. I wouldn't let them touch my gun for anything. I had a friend with a new MK2 and he sent it in for a warranty repair and it came back worse then we started with.

Mackerelboy's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 30/07/2007

Let me start out by saying excellent review. Owning a Theoben Eliminator I can agree with just about everything you said.
<br/>
<br/>As far as eradicating feral cats I can only say, job well done. Being a cat owner myself, there is a difference between a domestic cat and a feral cat. Feral cats left unchecked will quickly breed and eradicate native species within an ecosystem causing an imbalance and possible extinction. I know of two examples where feral cats have been introduced into an ecosystem with disastrous results. The first is the Hawaii where feral cats are killing off native birds at an alarming rate. The second is Catalina Island where the feral cats compete with the indigenous Island Fox for its limited food supply.
<br/>
<br/>Feral cats are also carriers of diseases which can be spread to both humans and native species. For example Toxoplasmosis is a disease which is transmitted through cat feces to both humans and other animals. A documented case of this took place in Santa Cruz California, where a colony of feral cats that lived near the marina spread Toxoplasmosis to the already endangered sea otter population. The disease was spread when rain water washed cat feces residue into the ocean killing many of the sea otter pups. On the human side, a friend of mine also contracted the disease a couple of years ago. His symptoms were flu like in nature and required 6 months of blood test to identify the pathogen. Once identified the disease was traced back to a feral cat colony that was in the immediate area of his job site. Pregnant women are especially at risk to this disease as it can cause harm or death to the unborn fetus.
<br/>
<br/>In most cases there are no natural predators that can keep a feral cat population in check. The fact of the matter is that it is due to mans irresponsibility there are feral cats. It is debatable as to what exactly the most humane way is to clean up this problem. Studies have shown though that feral cat populations can not be kept in check with either trapping, spay and neutering or a combination of the two. As responsible caretakers of our environment this leaves us with pretty much just one option, extermination. Whether this is done by lethal injection in an animal shelter or by a clean head shot at 25 yards, the result is the same.

Kingkahuna's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 04/11/2006

A great review on the Beeman Crow Magnum IV in my opinion. In Australia we have an enormous problem with feral cats, and they are the leading cause of extinction to our marsupial species. There is no law in many countries regarding the shooting of animals and the appropriate calibres of rifle, and I feel if the rifle has enough power for a quick, clean kill, then it is a suitable tool for the job. I personally have killed cats with headshots from a 30 ft/lb rifle and can confidently say that they were humane kills. Once again, well done on a well written review, and continue the good work, as the death of a single feral cat saves many small animals from a cruel unnecessary end.

Markthebum's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 12/09/2006

The way I see it is that if the cat is on your property, regardless of whether it's someones pet, it's fair game. If someone loves their pet and doesn't want it to get hurt they need to keep it from wandering.
<br/> Someone made the comment that you shouldn't be shooting cats because they are predators???? SO WHAT!! More people are killed by mountain lions in California every year because they outlawed the limited hunting of these animals that was being done in order to control the population. Now they're all over the place and people are getting hurt and killed by them. So I don't have any problem with shooting predators of any size. Big cats, small cats, don't care! Shoot a cat for me too!
<br/> Hey! I bet your Crow Magnum would kill a cougar with a close range head shot! I know my Gamo Hunter 1250 would. 1250 fps. Try it out! Take care Bro.

Gyates93's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 11/05/2006

Exactly. This is an airgun review website. (this is an excellent review by the way) It doesn't matter if some of you don't like the idea of hunting. People hunt with airguns! As far as I know, that's not illegal. I'm not sure about killing stray cats though...

Arkansas Man's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 10/03/2006

Hello to you fellow air gunners. Personally i needed to read this review. It let me know that even the expensive air rifles have problems sometimes and that Gamo and BSA are not the only corp. That has lousy service. But a note on anyone that might use BSA scopes. One service man at BSA, Kyle by name, tells me that any failed BSA scope can be taken to any BSA dealer and exchanged for a new one. This means i or whomever no longer needs to send scopes to Florida, and wait two to six weeks for it to return, plus it will save twenty dollars in shipping fees. Yea, it's a cheap scope and i plan to upgrade soon. I know that the Gamo rifles are also not top of the line and i plan to upgrade on that also. I personally want a flawless air rifle around 1000 to 1200 fps. But up to now i have done well with the Gamo rifles. As far as you animal rights activist, you need to find yourselves another web site to express your views, for you will get no simpathy here. Leave the person alone and mind your own business, if you don't have a up lifting comment, keep your opinions to your self, and if he wants it he will ask for it. Undoughtly, you are people who never had a cat or dog problem so what would you know about it anyway. And don't send me any of your opinions either.

Bartmnz's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 10/03/2006

"This isn't a political forum" ...... exactly. What someone chooses to shoot (at) with his/her pellet gun is their business. If they get caught doing something illegal, they get in trouble, not you. They suffer the consequences, not you. If (but more likely when) this happens you can laugh at them if you so choose. But, in the mean time, this is a REVIEW site. Please if you are confused about this, turn your attention to the top left corner of your screen. It should say "reviewcentre" this title is self explainatory enough .... I hope. Aside from that, great review.

N Carson's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 23/12/2005

This isn't a political forum but it's disturbing to see people brag about the number of kills they've made with airguns (or any gun). There are ways to rationalize all sorts of killing but Man has done far more damage to animals than they have to us. That's a fact, not a "liberal" point of view.
<br>
<br>Those who lament the death of cats but not marmots are displaying an interesting species favoritism. A wild cat like the cougar or lynx gets little sympathy. Domestic animals are more closely linked to humans and get special treatment, but they are all animals.
<br>
<br>In my experience, many if not most animals shot with airguns are targets of convenience, not necessity. That was certainly the case when I got my first pellet gun in 5th grade. They were like living tin cans and the hunting urge had to be tested. But I got a different perspective as I aged and learned more about nature and the uneven playing field Man has created.

Justmoveit's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 09/09/2005

Great review of the Crow Magnum IV by Naschitti Sniper. I have had similar results and issues with my Crow Mag 5mm. I too have a Weaver 4-16X scope on the gun and performance has been great- for the most part. I normally shoot Crosman Premier.20 Cal pellets but have tried several other pellets, none of which gave me as good of results as the Crosmans. Prior to use, I wash the pellets with a small amount of dish soap, rinse well, filter to remove any unwanted lead or debris, toss any defective looking pellets, and dry with a hair dryer. The gun is sighted in at 50 yards with a 5" drop at 70 yards. The gun has been extremely accurate out to 70 yards. My furthest kill (in a 10mph wind) was on a medium sized bird at 117 yards. These are impressive results, but some of the other air rifles I own perform as good or better. I won't name them here because this is a Crow Mag review.
<br>
<br>Similar to N Snipers review, my Crow Mag jammed after shooting about 300 pellets. This was one of the biggest disappointments for me and I nearly stopped shooting air rifles and went back to big game firearms only. This happened during prime time summer hunting season. Although Beeman had recalled the guns, I was never notified by Beeman or SSPA where I bought the gun. It just so happened the gun jammed one day prior to Thoeben engineers coming to the US so I was able to get it sent off in time at my expense. That too was a big disappointment and I would give Beeman and SSPA a bad customer service rating. The gun did come back repaired after 6 weeks and gave me results identical to when I first purchased it.
<br>
<br>Now, after approximately 2,000 pellets, the gun is once again beginning to show signs of jamming. My only two options are to send it off to Beeman or put it on display. Fortunately for hunting, it is heavy enough to kill an animal by a sharp blow to the head with the butt of the stock- I'll just have to get in close.
<br>
<br>Or maybe I could find N. Sniper out there and see if he would let me shoot his gun. If it came back from Beeman with a scratch, his barrel might also be imperfect or even curved.

Madblunted's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 08/07/2005

Sounds like a pretty good airgun. I need an airgun to rid of vermin. Cats and Dogs. They run wild and since I live in a rural area w/ neighbors using my either of my Walthers P22, P99, my Winchester 1300 12G, my Remington nylon 66, my Marlin 783, is totally out of the question. Wild and unclaimed cats and dogs are a problem. The answer is Spaying and Neutering. Other than Eradication. If you dont want them killed come down and pick them up on a monthly basis.
<br>
<br>Class III is totally out of the question for me I dont want to pay the tax. And riccochets from a firearm would be of concern. If this is really a decent airgun for pest eradication, I may consider it.
<br>
<br>Thanks for the good review NaschittiSniper, BTW My family is from Naschitti too.

Written on: 29/04/2005

HMB you are right. I say we should all rise up against these crazed cats and dogs and lay waste to them. We have to protect our grandmothers and save taxpayers money. Grab your air rifles boys this is going to be war. Going to get those tree huggers too. CHARGE!!

Hmb's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 23/04/2005

Sniper's right on the money. You left wing liberal bambi loving twerp types make me sick. What do stray cats and dogs which attack children and the elderly have to do with culling them? What are you, stupid? Or don't your comprehend what you just read? Keep up the great work Nischitti, and pop one of those sucker cats for me.

Ebrooks's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 13/04/2005

The comment of "Naschitti Sniper", presumably a Native American, is a tad difficult to understand. I'm not sure what ones grandmother has to do with someone killing or not killing cats and dogs. "Sniper" seems to be in favour of killing--(sniping?)--cats and dogs because--am I getting this right?--people don't feel for Native Americans who--vulnerable, oppressed-- get beat up by cats and dogs? Is Sniper Chitti? Naa.

Written on: 12/04/2005

You assume quite a bit. What's all this, native american - non native american jive. What does this have to do with popping cats with a pellet gun? If you are having trouble with packs of wild dogs and cats in your area, attacking grandma, maybe you should call game and fish. Before going on a personal killing spree of dogs and cats call maybe...columbo. I think here in LA if I started shooting pets because they may be wild, I would be locked up. I love shooting, and hunting. However I think both should be done with extreme caution. I would never want my rights of an airgun owner to be revoked. Look what has happened in England. If my cat came stumbling in with a pellet wound I would be angry. So, shoot responsibly and safe. Shoot pest not pets. I don't think my point of origin on this planet clouds my judgemet. Remember, so called native americans crossed the land bridge from asia.

Written on: 11/04/2005

Maiming or wounding a highly intellegent feline with a pellet is very irresponsible. Anything under .223 is not enough for these animals. Were not talking about the Aussie outback here. Housecats have been in this country for 400 years now. There are plenty of songbirds left. Cats are mouse and rat killers. If you want to save native birds kill some crows. They do much more damage. Cats also are roamers. These stray cats he talks of are probably someones pet. ta.

Naschitti Sniper's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 11/04/2005

This is not a political debate, however, it is typical for non-native americans, as I assume you are, to enforce your political views on those who are living on the reservations just like you have done now for hundreds of years. Before you blab out your opinion, maybe first you should do some research. Like maybe find out how many Native Americans, including children, are either bitten or scratched by wild cats or dogs. By the way your tax money (if you are an american) pays for those cases of cat and dog bites. I bet the family of the elderly woman who got killed by that pack of wild dogs last year would not think twice of killing those dogs. But like every other non-native american I am sure you value those dogs more than the Grandma.

Tackleburry's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 10/04/2005

Woo up team - lets not forget the ecological impact that feral and "domestic" cats have on the native wildlife of those countries it's not native to. Wacking a few ferals is always going to be good for the bird and and small mamml communities...so lets not be too hastly to jump down our trigger happy friend's throat...
<br>Tack
<br>
<br>As for the Crow Mag...I'll consider that for my next weapon to purchase

Ebrooks's Response to Naschitti Sniper's Review

Written on: 28/03/2005

Killing cats. Where I live that could put you in jail. Not a bad idea at that. Might teach you some respect for life

Written on: 08/03/2005

Killing so called stray cats is pointless and stupid. They are predators. And very smart animals. Killing varmints and pest is one thing. This gives hunting a bad name, and will probably be the downfall of the sport.

Maraudernwalker's reply to Thorr's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

A feral cat can and will decimate the native game, Keep removing them..