Premier DS 3080s Reviews

“nincs magyar men ”

Written on: 19/10/2009

nincs magyar men

Premier DS 3080s

“I bought the Premier DS-5080 5.0 Mega Pixels digital...”

Written on: 19/07/2009

I bought the Premier DS-5080 5.0 Mega Pixels digital camera for under 50 quid through Tescos and I have been VERY happy with it. What attracted me to buy it was the price and it was 5 megapixels. At that time, other cameras with similar spec were selling a ton or more.

The camera comes with a built in flash and a decent size LCD screen. It's very light in weight and the case is finished in brushed aluminium. The buttons are simply arranged and are uncluttered. Also fitted is a mini usb… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“OK, well this Premier DS 3080s Digital camera has had...”

Written on: 08/07/2006 by Coops187 (1 review written)

OK, well this Premier DS 3080s Digital camera has had a beating from other reviews who reference batteries, webcam compatibility...and capacity - that's all fair enough but spend a little bit of time and a few more pennies and its a great camera - I put a 128MB fujifilm SD Card in it and some 800mAh rechargeable batteries and I have had no problems since. Granted 16MB built in memory just isn't enough and forking out for the extras is a pain but if you like the camera its worth it - give the… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“I bought the Premier DS 3080 digital camera from...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by portugal7 (1 review written)

I bought the Premier DS 3080 digital camera from Woolworths when on holiday, when I realised it worked out cheaper (at 29.99) than buying new film all the time. I think this camera is great for the price. The only niggle is that you must use rechargeable batteries, as standard ones just don't last.

The design is very slimline and light, and it is easy to fit in your pocket. For 3MP, I've found the image quality to be excellent. Also, the SD memory slot means you can expand the memory… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“The Premier DS 3080s costs £49.99 but batteries will...”

Written on: 20/03/2006 by Sarahjb (1 review written)

The Premier DS 3080s costs £49.99 but batteries will cost you 3 times that amount in 3 months, what about rechargable I hear you ask??? Rejected them in a flash. I put the camera away for 6 months and just got it out again today, put in 2 brand new batteries only for it to last while I looked through 5 old pics!… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“The Premier DS 3080s digital camera is easy to...”

Written on: 28/11/2005 by badger101 (1 review written)

The Premier DS 3080s digital camera is easy to install, easy to use, and very easy to carry around with you. Just point and click!

For those of you who find that your standard batteries (even those 'Super High Capacity Batteries') do not last very long, then I am afraid that you need to be introduced to that not so new technology - rechargable batteries.
Using a decent set of 4 for £6.00, the camera will take over EIGHTY pictures using a FLASH!
With a 256Mb SD Card, it will happily record for… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“I bought the Premier DS-3080S digital camera in...”

Written on: 03/10/2005 by Dinucci (1 review written)

I bought the Premier DS-3080S digital camera in Woolworth's for £49.99 which, as I was looking for a webcam, seemed reasonable. I read the instructions, installed the bundled software, and attached the camera to my PC, having selected PC camera, and it worked. Today, although nothing else has changed, it doesn't work as a webcam. I can use it to take and save photographs, but not as a webcam. I went to a driver download site to find and reinstall the driver, having failed with "add new… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“I have only managed to take 5 pictures with my "new"...”

Written on: 03/02/2005 by spoko (1 review written)

I have only managed to take 5 pictures with my "new" digital camera. Batteries simply don't last. I now only use it as a web cam, although I could have got a better web cam at that price!… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“All in all the Premier DS-3080s is excellent..a...”

Written on: 01/01/2005 by joyceemca (1 review written)

All in all the Premier DS-3080s is excellent..a bargain at £65.
Just point and shoot.
And not so easy to delete as I always seemed to delete stuff by accident… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“Nice neat look and feel about the camera,...”

Written on: 01/01/2005 by sundi (1 review written)

Nice neat look and feel about the camera, unfortunately after only TWO shots on new years eve the batteries were depleted. After spending an hour this new year morning reading the manual and expending EIGHT new batteries, I resorted to the web page to find alas I am not alone in my disappointment. So its back to Woolies when they open to return same. I wonder if I should mark the camera to see if Woolies keep RE-ISSUING THIS ROGUE… Read Full Review

Alvinc5's Response to sundi's Review

Written on: 01/03/2005

...His bought rechargeable batteries! Yay! :D :D :D ;D

Premier DS 3080s

“Firstly, I'll start by testifying, I do not intend to...”

Written on: 15/12/2004 by alvinc5 (4 reviews written)

Firstly, I'll start by testifying, I do not intend to offend or criticise other people's reviews...but what the hey! This camera is excellent- NOT RUBBISH !!! I've always wanted a nifty digital camera like this one, and now I have one, it will be my lifetime companion along with my phone! For effect, I'll highlight the negatives, and move on to conclude with the very re-assuring positives! If you don't get any of the wierd jargon (sorry, I get carried away!) simply check the dictionary at the… Read Full Review

Alvinc5's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 16/12/2004

OOooopppss.....apologies for the incorrect spellings...in some places.

Scott007's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 04/06/2005

Hi, I bought one of these cameras going by Alvin's review (and since I work in Woolies too it means extra staff discount...), and have found it to be really good value for what I paid for it.
<br>
<br>I've been using it for about a week or so and there's only one thing that I have a qualm with - the film mode. It's never light enough to see what's going on. For example, I'm at home now with bulbs lighting the room and it comes out a sort of brown tinted colour. I've got another, smaller digital camera that is only really a novelty item and the filming comes out fine on it. Any suggestions on how to improve the quality of filming?
<br>Thanks,
<br>Scott

Alvinc5's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 14/05/2005

Hello,
<br>
<br>That's strange. I think the green LED should only blink to indicate that the flash is being charged. So if you've turned it off via the 'Set' button, then it should blink between pictures. However, when you turn the camera on, you'll get an initial blink, as the camera will always charge the flash on power-up.

Stevelov1's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 11/05/2005

Hi Alvinc5
<br>
<br>I agree with all your comments, but I have a question. I presume the reason the green LED flashes when the camera is switched on is the flash charging, if this is so why does it still flash when the flash is set to off? any ideas?
<br>Steve

Lsamuels's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 09/01/2005

Have bought one from Woolworths the flash does not work, tried nearly every Woolworths shop in Essex to try and get a replacement, none in stock been told to try manufacture to get a new one, but can't find a phone number or web page address anywhere, can you help plz?

180960_Tamsin Nunley's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 05/01/2005

PS: Sorry Alecut - I didn't read your comments properly the first time round - I've been using XP, so you'd probably already figured out the bit about clearing the internal memory first.

180960_Tamsin Nunley's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 05/01/2005

Hi Alecut,
<br>
<br>I was also a bit baffled over the memory card to computer issue intially.
<br>
<br>You'll probably find that to transfer the photos from your memory card to your computer, you have to empty the camera's internal memory of photos first.
<br>Then when you connect your camera up, you should find the photos you're after (just make sure you transfer the internal snaps first, or you will lose them when you reformat the internal memory!)
<br>
<br>You might also notice, similarly, that you can't scroll through internal shots when the memory card is inserted, though they are safely stored and viewable once you remove it.
<br>
<br>Not tried the Webcam feature yet, but hope this helps re the other issue. (They should make this a bit clearer on the instructions really - I thought I was going to have to buy a memory card reader to start with, which would have been a complete waste of money!)
<br>
<br>Apart from that, I agree with the above reviewer that it's a great value camera, the ease of use and quality of the shots has given me a pleasant surprise.

Alecut's Response to alvinc5's Review

Written on: 03/01/2005

I have got a Premier DS-30805S camera. It is a good camera and it offers good value for the money. It is slim, easy to use and you can take good pictures with it.
<br>
<br>However I am not able use it properly on a Windows 2000 operating system, even though I installed all the software from the CD received with the camera. You cannot use it as a webcam, you cannot download the pics from the SD memoryt card (only the ones from the internal memory). All these work fine on a Win XP system.
<br>
<br>Can somebody help me with some software to make it work properly with a Windows 2000 system?
<br>Many Thanks
<br>Alexandra

Premier DS 3080s

“The Premier DS-3080s comes with a great software...”

Written on: 13/12/2004 by Orack (1 review written)

The Premier DS-3080s comes with a great software bundle, which includes Photovista panorama, this allows you to create your very own full 360 degree rotational pictures... not bad eh!… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“I reccommend the Premier DS-3080s camera beause of the...”

Written on: 05/12/2004 by carl4rach (1 review written)

I reccommend the Premier DS-3080s camera beause of the points highlighted above. It is good for an average camera… Read Full Review

Premier DS 3080s

“Brand new batteries lasted about 3 minutes. Second set...”

Written on: 04/12/2004 by woody999 (1 review written)

Brand new batteries lasted about 3 minutes. Second set expired after 2 minutes. The Premier DS-3080s is seriously flawed - it's going back to Woolies! Shame because it looks like a quality product at a very low price - don't be deceived. I can't rate image quality etc. Because batteries expired before I could download any pictures! Interestingly the batteries appear OK when tested separately, so maybe it's a fault with the camera, either way it comes to the same thing because it says 'battery… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/12/2004

Hello. I understand your trauma, and to prep you first, I'm not employed by the Premier Corperation...!
<br>
<br>1) Battery life when using Alkaline batteries in this camera, and with most digital cameras, will see a rapid depletion. Sure, 5-10 mins continuous use with flash is very, very poor...but with 800mAH rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, you can operate the camera for a lengthy time, for several days, with flash and video intermittent video playback too. The good thing is that Ni-MH batteries are cost cutting, last longer, and can be recharged up to 1000s of times. Also, you can easily cycle between two pairs of AAA Ni-MH batteries, giving the impression of an infinite power source.
<br>
<br>2) When uploading images from the camera to the PC, the power source comes from the USB data cable.

Sundi's Response to woody999's Review

Written on: 22/01/2005

Took your advice my friend and bought a £9.99 battery charger incl of 4 ni-mh rechargable batteries at maplins in newcastle......Success, quality pictures, quality battery life. Still confused as to why 1.5v analogue batteries have so little operational life as opposed to 1.2v NI-MH but, all's well etc , Very happy now. Thanks.

Written on: 04/01/2005

I can see your fustration, as the DS-3080S Digital Camera is, in a polished way, utterly 'rubbish' at conserving AAA Alkaline battery power. Unfortunately, if you do wish to spend a little less hassle of having to refund the Item, you can alternatively purchase a AAA Ni-MH Fast Charger and a set of or two AAA Ni-MH High Capacity Rechargeable Batteries, as this will remedy the issue entirely.
<br>
<br>To my disappointment, it seemed that this was the only way I could manage a satisfactory level of powered time. Although the extra equipment has set me back more money, in total, it works out cheaper than any other average Digital Camera at the same specs, and because of that I now enjoy a happier life with my DS-3080S Premier Digital Camera.
<br>
<br>Understandably, if you choose to opt for a refund, I highly recomend, buy a digital camera with an internal rechargeable battery, or if not, try and target those digital cameras, which use AA batteries, as despite their bulkiness, will have higher capacity and last longer.

Sundi's Response to woody999's Review

Written on: 01/01/2005

Read both of your comments RE camera.
<br>Unfortunately it appears that I have bought the camera that woody returned to Woolies.
<br>I managed to take TWO shots on NY eve, before battery death.
<br>I have spent an hour reading the manual to determine nature of fault, and using 8 new batteries in the process to achieve no more than 5 SECONDS before battery low sign appeared.

Written on: 21/12/2004

Ah, nah, a shame I'm not old enough to buy shares :-( , :-p .

Woody999's Response to woody999's Review

Written on: 20/12/2004

Are you sure you (alvinc5) don't have shares in 'premier'? A camera (or anything else for that matter) which drains a set of new high power batteries (AA, AAA or XXXX) so quickly that it's not able to fulfil it's purpose is not worth owning. I will let the matter rest there, maybe I had a rogue camera, time and other users testimonies will tell. Happy snapping! ;-)

Written on: 17/12/2004

(Soz :-p)...but the Olympus C300Z Digital Camera uses AA batteries, not AAA.

Woody999's Response to woody999's Review

Written on: 16/12/2004

Thanks for your comments, but this camera was misbehaving badly! I use an Olympus C300Z with NimH batteries for weeks on end and have occasionally used Alkaline batteries for day long outings etc. without any problems. The situation with the Premier 3080s is not a matter of 10 minutes battery life (which as you agree would be pretty bad), but 2-3 minutes which is a joke. I'm afraid the NimH experiment will have to be done by someone else because my 3080s has gone back to the shop!

Premier DS 3080s

“See bad points. I bought a Premier DS-3080s from...”

Written on: 02/12/2004 by karlnutall (1 review written)

See bad points. I bought a Premier DS-3080s from Woolworths yesterday and when I have finished writing this review I will be taking it back it really is a bad camera… Read Full Review

Alvinc5's Response to karlnutall's Review

Written on: 15/12/2004

Soz, but there are tonnes of positives! They'll be apparent and emerge from the grave when Ni-MH batteries are used...!