Goodmans LD2601 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Goodmans LD2601 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Goodmans LD2601

Goodmans LD2601

“TV is OK as it was cheap and can fix it myself when...”

Written on: 14/04/2007 by talie812 (1 review written)

TV is OK as it was cheap and can fix it myself when the screen has green mapping. see comments page for how to fix… Read Full Review

Goodmans LD2601

“The book and product say Goodmans but apparently this...”

Written on: 12/03/2007 by kazzybee (1 review written)

The book and product say Goodmans but apparently this IS NOT a Goodmans product, this should be told to the customer when they buy.
When I rang Comet helpline, they could not give me a number to ring, e.g. Goodmans… Read Full Review

Goodmans LD2601

“Previous review comments about how to get rid of the...”

Written on: 10/03/2007 by snowbev (1 review written)

Previous review comments about how to get rid of the green mapping have been ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I am a 49 year old women and I followed all the advice given and took off the back off the television. All I have done is remove the flat multiway cable that joins the display board to the main board, I cleaned it with a soft cloth and re fitted it. HEY PRESTO! My television is fixed, it took about 5 minutes.
I believe this problem arose form moving house, not only the movement but we had done… Read Full Review

Goodmans LD2601

“I am in the electrical trade, and I can say 100% that...”

Written on: 14/02/2006 by tv tony (1 review written)

I am in the electrical trade, and I can say 100% that the Goodmans LD2601 LVD TV is a Vestel.

Most of the current range of LVD TV sets we meet are poorly made, especially the Vestel range. Picture faults are usually caused by faulty ribbons or the LCD panel itself. After fitting ribbons obtained from a UK manufacturer, this solves the problem in most cases, but as these are under warranty status, return to base is the most favourable option. Sound is poor, but that is what you get with cheap… Read Full Review

Goodmans LD2601

“The LD2601 is NOT MADE BY GOODMANS! (Confirmed by...”

Written on: 31/03/2005 by rv1234 (1 review written)

The LD2601 is NOT MADE BY GOODMANS! (Confirmed by Goodmans themselves). Don't know yet who the manufacturer is but manufactured on behalf of COMET and Goodmans badge licenced by them. Unable so far to set up SKY remote controller (unless someone out there knows the three digit code to do so)… Read Full Review

Wayne27's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 19/05/2005

Just to let you know that I have a Goodmans LD2601 and I've recently had Telewest/Sky installed, so have had the same issues with not being able to use the new Telewest remote for the volume etc... After calling Comet, I was told that the chassey is actually made by a company called Orion, and so I am about to try the codes from the following website...
<br>Try yourself at:
<br>http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm
<br>- 4 digit code (0549) should be entered and followed by a 3 digit code until one works...
<br>
<br>Hope this helps!

445828_Alison340's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 06/03/2009

I have had my goodmans for less than a week, last nite 4 time my television switched to standby. Is this a common fault. I have just replaced my 37 techwood as the backlight went out after 16mth to expensive to repair now i have goodmans and got problem within a week. Wish we could get the old tv's bk.

Deedavidson4's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 16/09/2008

I've the same problem with the green mapping which I can't seem to fix. Is it the grey cable with the white connectors? If it is, my problem is that I can't clean the actual metal connectors as they're covered in plastic. Is there some kind of cleaning fluid/spray I could use?
<br/>many thanks
<br/>Dee

Acberg's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 11/08/2008

kazzybee
<br/> Your problem with the black screen could be the same problem as above. My 32LD6600 had a problem with the screen turning black after 2-5 mins. I cleaned the connectors on the main-screen cable and the the problem has gone away.

Written on: 08/02/2008

Hi I now have my next problem with this TV, I switch the TV on, everything fine then after 4 mins the picture goes off, sound still there. I turn tv off & on again, all OK, 4 mins later picture gone again.
<br/>Looking at the booklet, I assume the "lamp has malfunctioned" as they put it but I don't want to fork out £30 for a comet engineer & then £45 minimum for the man to come & fix it, that is without the cost of the lamp itself, which from them will cost a fortune.
<br/>Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone tell me where the lamp is situated & any other advise would be gratefully received.

Written on: 16/04/2007

Great that I could help! Have had to repair mine again since my last comment. When I moved the television I found the green hue returned. On opening the television again, I discovered that the lead that gives the problems had worked ever so sightly loose from the display board, (I think it is where it is attached upwards), and I repositioned it and secured it with some insulating tape, and hey presto, no more green! I really like the telly, apart from this problem. I just wish the screws didn't take so long to unscrew!!! Glad you have been able to fix yours!

Written on: 15/04/2007

Snowbev, your guide is brilliant, I have for the 2nd time repaired the green hue...It would be nice to think it was the last time but if it happens again, I know I am capable, with much thanks to you. The TV is great, apart from the green hue, I would recommend it to anyone, with the word of caution. Thanks snowbev.

Talie812's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 14/04/2007

OMG, OMG, what a nightmare - first of all thank you to snowby and ntpntp. I am a 27 year old girl (if this helps), and it took me about an hour to get the thing fixed. First I opened the back as described, and there is so much unscrewing to be done - I think it's easier if you have an electric screw driver. I had to use the handle of a teaspoon!! But I got there in the end. The connector to be cleaned is at the top end of the Goodmans LD2601 LCD TV and grey (I spent ages looking, as I didn't think this little wire was the cause of the problem). Anyway, I unplugged it from the board end and wiped it (used a dry sock) and just blew around it. Be careful not to spit though. So I went on to put everything back together, and finally, after like forever, I sat down and switched it on - only for the TV NOT to be ON. Had to remove everything AGAIN, and I discovered that I hadn't pushed the connector back hard enough. I pushed it in and plugged the TV in while it was still open (not recommended) to test, and it worked, so I continued to close it. PS... the green mapping is totally gone, and all is as new.
<br/>
<br/>I would recommend this TV, as this is the only thing that seems to go wrong with them, and it is fixable. Good luck!

Written on: 13/03/2007

snowbev - very glad to read that you&#039;ve successfully got rid of the green streaks by following the method I posted.! It&#039;s good to know that this would appear to comfirm the source of the fault and the remedy.
<br/>
<br/>kazzybee - I hope you get yours sorted out soon.
<br/>
<br/>I can report I&#039;ve had no problems at all with mine since the engineer carried out the procedure.

Written on: 13/03/2007

Snowbev thanx so very much for your instructions on how not to be taken for a ride of £75 and to do it yourself. I will now attempt to repair my TV for the 2nd time. Thanx everso. Kazzybee

Written on: 13/03/2007

Further to my previous comment, if you lie the television face down, very carefully so as not to damage the face, remove all large screws including the base. Remove the casing. Then unscrew the small screws holding the back panel of the television. Inside you will find 3 boards. In the centre at the top you will see a flat multiway connector that is connected to the display panel/screen. This should be covered by a piece of silver tape. Leave this in place. Follow this lead, (mine was grey), to the main board and disconnect. This end is about half an inch wide and slots inside a multiway connection. (It is not flat against the board). I took a soft cloth and wiped the connections very carefully and gently replaced it making sure that it was back securely. Replace all screws and hopefully this has sorted out your problem. Hope this helps!
<br/>Beverley

Written on: 13/03/2007

Sorry to hear you have had the problem with the mapping. I am more than happy to help if I can. If you wish to contact me, as I will then send you as much info as I can. I am not that far from Dudley if you do not have success.
<br/>Beverley

Written on: 12/03/2007

Snowbev.....How ironic I had to pay £75 in December for a Comet engineer to come out and sort the green mapping. It took him longer to unscrew and re screw the back of the set, than it did to pull a cable out and put it back in. He was very devious and would not let me see what he was doing. I have today had notification that you had added a review...I am sitting watching something I taped earlier and to my horror, the green mapping is back.
<br/>Can you tell me where the cable is situated in the back of the TV, so I can try to do it myself as I cannot afford another £75 for a 2 minute job....I believe that this is a fault with the TV and the fact that comments/reviews from Comet and TV engineers state this is a well known problem, whoever owns this TV. ..VESTEL??? (No phone number can be found) should allow at least 1 free repair, as the engineer stated I will do what I usually do and you will have to see how it goes.
<br/>Well done Snowbev for fixing it yourself (if you live near Dudley I will pay you to fix mine!!!)

Written on: 10/03/2007

JUST ADDED A REVIEW TO THIS SITE. AS STATED IN MY REVIEW, I HAVE JUST REPAIRED MY TELEVISION THAT RECENTLY DEVELOPED GREEN MAPPING. I FOLLOWED ADVICE GIVEN BY &#039;ntpntp&#039; AND TOOK THE BACK OFF THE TELEVISION AND DISCONNECTED THE FLAT MULTIWAY CONECTOR BETWEEN THE DISPLAY BOARD AND THE MAIN BOARD. I CLEANED THIS WITH A SOFT CLOTH AND RECONNECTED THE CABLE. TOOK ABOUT 15 MINUTES, MOST OF THE TIME BEING TAKEN UP UNSCREWING THE SCREWS! MY TELEVISION NOW WORKS LIKE NEW AGAIN! EVEN THE COLOUR IS SHARPER! I BELIEVE MY PROBLEMS ORIGINATE FROM MOVING HOUSE, THE MOVEMENT INVOLVED AND THE FACT THAT WE WERE DECORATING AND THERE WAS A VERY DUSTY ATMOSPHERE. I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT LCD TELEVISIONS ABSORB DUST AND SMOKE AND CAN CREATE A HAZY EFFECT ON THE SCREEN ALSO. BE WARNED! DO NOT SMOKE INDOORS IF YOU HAVE AN LCD OR PLASMA SCREEN! HOPE THIS COMMENT HELPS. I AM A 49 YEAR OLD WOMAN, IF I CAN FIX MY TELEVISION, IT MUST BE A PROBLEM THAT MOST CAREFUL PEOPLE CAN ATTEMPT!

Written on: 10/10/2006

Thanks ntpntp for your reply. I am in the process of contacting LG and Comet regarding this issue, as it seems to be a fault with the set itself. My warranty is out of date, so I assume a fight ahead, but I was sold the Goodmans LD2601 TV as a Goodmans product and the green smears/hue have got worse. If I could get it to your stage I would be happy, so I shall try and get a Comet engineer out (never know the right people, as friends)!
<br/>Kazzybee

Written on: 04/10/2006

Hi kazzybee! Well, I'm not a TV engineer, but as I said in my previous comment, the problem appears to be with a connector for the cable from the electronics to the display panel. I think this was a flat multiway cable. All I remember the guy doing was laying the TV face down, taking the back off, disconnecting this cable, and I think he used some sort of cleaning spray/fluid on the ends of the connector and in the socket, probably gave it a wipe, then reassembled, and hey presto! I've still had no problems at all since this, so I haven't yet had the need to go in and take a look at the actual type of connector in detail. How you clean it is just down to common sense I guess. It may even be just a case of re-seating it. Sorry I can't add much more than this, as I haven't had to do it myself. I would think if you've dabbled in electronics or upgrading PC's etc., it will be no problem! Best of luck. It's worth doing!

Written on: 03/10/2006

Can I ask ntpntp how you get rid of these green screens. What do I have to clean? I have had this TV for 12 months. The green thing happened infrequently and I was told it's interference, but it has now got to the stage where I am ready to throw it away as the green blobs are awful.
<br/>
<br>Is there a permanent way of dealing with this issue please. I paid £599, and it is the most expensive television I have ever had and it's really wearing me down now.

Written on: 31/05/2006

Further to previous comment: shortly afterwards ours too began to develop green streaks!
Had the Comet engineer in a day before the warranty ran out. Took him 5 minutes to sort out the problem. It seems a signal connector from the electronics to the display panel goes dodgy (probably due to the heat from the bright panel) and just needs cleaning and re-seating. Engineer said it only happens with this model and one other JVC with similar innards.
No problems since.
Now I know its a simple fix, I reckon if I see one going very cheap with the same fault I'll grab it! Still think its an excellent telly or pc monitor for the price (or at least was - now superceded I think?)

Written on: 08/02/2006

Have had ours now for about 5 months as a secondary bedroom telly. Very pleased with it for this purpose. Sound is a little thin (but I knew that from reviews before I bought it).
Have also tried it as a PC monitor - excellent native 1280 x 768 resolution. High Definition samples played through it from the PC look really stunning, it's almost a shame to go back to Freeview and DVDs!
Sorry to read that some have had problems, but I have to say ours has been fine.

220794_Tvaddict's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 13/12/2005

LOAD OF RUBBISH BOUGHT ONE FROM COMET NEXT DAY GREEN STREAKS ALL OVER AFTER RESEARCHING AND TALKING TO ENGINEERS WHO WORK FOR COMET WAS TOLD THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF THESE THAT HAVE HAD PROBLEMS

Dalr1Ada's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 23/11/2005

Admittedly the picture was excellent when it actually worked, which wasn't for long! The engineer that came to see the tellys we had, said that he had been inundated with call outs for these. I'm afraid that I still think its rubbish, shame though cos it looked great!

214836_Baz0080's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 25/10/2005

I work for comet, and I also have a LD2601. While the case is made by orion/vestel (same company) the internals are lg. Its also quite unique on the uk market due to it having a bright view screen like some laptops. I admit the analogue reception through scart of arial is rubbish, through the dvi its exceptional. This tv was orignally designed as a pc monitor

Dalr1Ada's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

Do not waste your money!
<br>We've had three of these, first one the frame around the screen wasnt put together properly so COMET gave us a replacement. Second one, the screen turned green and the picture broke up within 3 weeks. We gave them the benefit of the doubt and got a third one but the picture is beginning to go again after about 8 weeks! I just found out that this isnt actually a Goodmans telly, manufactured by either ORION or VESTEL..... I'm taking this back and getting a normal telly. LCD's are too much hassle. Aswell as these ones, we've had problems with 2 others!

Rv1234's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

Had two of these sets now. Both failed within two months with the dreaded green screen effect. Returned and got a Toshiba.

Dcross's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 01/09/2005

Having same trouble setting up sky+ remote. Have found out that this TV is made by Orion Industries although none of sky`s posted remote control codes for this brand will operate the tv.

Rv1234's Response to rv1234's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go, but note that COMET told me the manufacturer was VESTEL!