Sony DCR-TRV265E Reviews

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

Features:
  • Records on Digital 8(R) or regular 8mm tapes
  • USB connectivity
  • Steadyshot Stabilization counteracts any unsteadiness introduced by your hands
  • High stamina battery life
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Sony DCR-TRV265E - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony DCR-TRV265E

Sony DCR-TRV265E

“it is really freindly user,good picture quality,and a...”

Written on: 21/09/2010

it is really freindly user,good picture quality,and a mind blowing battery life...it is with me from 2003 and till now no trouble… Read Full Review

Sony DCR-TRV265E

“I've had mine since 2004 and it is still working...”

Written on: 19/02/2010 by Tinodzw (1 review written)

I've had mine since 2004 and it is still working perfectly. I downloaded and updated driver for use with Vista - no problem. A very easy camera to use and with phenominal battery life. Put simply - I don't have a bad thing to say about it… Read Full Review

Sony DCR-TRV265E

“I think my good and bad points sum it up the Sony...”

Written on: 03/03/2008 by JerseyF1 (1 review written)

I think my good and bad points sum it up the Sony DCR-TRV265E. I would recommend this camera to all and can't honestly say a bad thing about it. It has been the best Sony product I have bought and the most reliable Sony product I have bought.

Definitely is a excellent camera for use as a first time or as a home camera, would keep the kids happy to with a good spec for 2004. Also is very easy to use reinforcing the fact it is a great home camera.

The battery life is decent. It should provide 80-90… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Sony DCR-TRV265E

“I bought this product April 2004, used it a few times...”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by dangerdavies (1 review written)

I bought this product April 2004, used it a few times with no problems other than the software they give you with it is rubbish (basically doesn't work with other non Sony products like a laptop for instance). Then in mid 2006 the LCD screen and eyepiece viewer decided to die. The screen is just black records no video whatsoever just audio. Apparently in America they're repairing this for free on US models but I'm in the UK and i don't seem to count. Keep well away from this camcorder and well… Read Full Review

Jerseyf1's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 03/03/2008

Sorry to say but this review is the height of nonsense to put it politely on this friendly site. I have a Acer computer and this software worked perfectly, only on Vista does the software not work but there is a update available to download if you do have a firewire port. I also suspect that dangerdavie has only just got a faulty camera. I also bought my camera in 2004 and it has lasted till 2008 with the only problem being that the heads are starting to fail (this may be old age on the camera, but about a year ago I accidentally left the camera on a tripod in windy weather which resulted in it falling). So I honestly say it is blown out of proportions this review and I believe that it was just a faulty camera on Sony's behalf. Oh and davie, I think you will probably buy a new sony product one day, I was the same with the Playstation's which failed on me but then I received a PS3 at a price I couldn't refuse.

391988_Liamhouldsworth's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 14/08/2008

i had the same problem with the vision dying on me! :(

Gwyllt's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 19/05/2008

bought mine in 2005 but now has the same problems with a black screen & viewfinder & only recording audio, is there an easy fix or is it a new camera?

Sony DCR-TRV265E

“In a nutshell the Sony DCR-TRV265E camcorder is easy...”

Written on: 31/01/2006 by 4Reall (1 review written)

In a nutshell the Sony DCR-TRV265E camcorder is easy to use and has the relevant features to do just about anything. This unfortunately is all let down by the fact that you cannot then transfer your recording onto DVD or CD via a laptop or PC. If you decide not to install the driver(s) for this camcorder then windows XP won't recognise it. Using Roxio or some other software to transfer your recording to PC/laptop won't be detected either, leaving the camcorder useless after capturing films… Read Full Review

Jerseyf1's Response to 4Reall's Review

Written on: 03/03/2008

Some of it is just untrue. For example the drivers have not slowed my computer down at all nor has it made it more crash prone. I just believe this user is a fanboy of another operating system because it does not do anything but help you put the footage onto computer. <br/><br/>The only problems which I had with this camera was compatibility with windows. I installed a updated driver but I can't use without Firewire. Lack of a firewire cable would therefore be my only criticism possibly along with the use of digital 8 instead of dvd or even minidv at least.,