Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Executive Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Executive - Ask a question now

“The Honda Accord CDTi Exec may not set your pulse...”

Written on: 20/12/2010

The Honda Accord CDTi Exec may not set your pulse racing but is still the most fun saloon car I've driven, inc C class, Mondeo, 406 etc.
The most impressive thing about this car though is also the most subtle - everything just works, everything is in the right place and there is nothing annoying about it, unlike any other car I have owned.
Second hand I think it makes a great buy - reliable, fast, comfortable and fun. Much better value than a Golf TDi and a much more accomplished car… Read Full Review

“I bought my 2004 Honda Accord 2.2TDCi Tourer in Dec...”

Written on: 28/02/2009

I bought my 2004 Honda Accord 2.2TDCi Tourer in Dec 08. It cost £4500 and had 91K on the clock with a FSH. The car has behaved very well in the 4 months of ownership so far. I have been impressed with the Fuel Consumption and comfort of the car. I fitted an Xcarlink into the stereo so can now play 1000s of MP3s and also have the 6 disc stacker too. So far so good and will report back later with more findings. Good MPG, Very Comfortable, Great gadgets on Exec Model, Huge Boot, Nice Stereo… Read Full Review

“A serious car for a serious driver who likes their...”

Written on: 01/07/2008 by oconnoranthony (1 review written)

A serious car for a serious driver who likes their time on the road. Great Car plenty of extras, nicely priced the ultimate drive very quiet for a diesel but so responsive, serious fuel economy and low emmissions… Read Full Review

“thought it was a good car. But quite noisy in general,...”

Written on: 26/11/2007 by hitachi (1 review written)

thought it was a good car. But quite noisy in general, the 17,inch rims seem to be a mistake.would like to try set of 16, inch wheels to check out difference in ride comfort & road noise… Read Full Review

“I had optional 17" Wheels and low profile tyres fitted...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by alanboylan (1 review written)

I had optional 17" Wheels and low profile tyres fitted but I am not happy with the ride and steering on rough surfaces - it's very harsh and fidgety?… Read Full Review

“When I first got this car I absolutely loved it. It...”

Written on: 20/12/2006 by wittzi (3 reviews written)

When I first got this car I absolutely loved it. It looked the business, was nippy and was also very economical. I went for the Sport i-CDTi model because at the time you couldnt get 18" alloys for the other models, but I understand that this has now changed? Also, the sat nav was rumoured to be bad news and I have a tom tom so I didnt for for the ES or EX models.

Incidentally, another reviewer said that they werent happy because the Civic doesnt have electric folding mirrors, but my… Read Full Review

“I bought the sport version of the Honda Accord in Dec...”

Written on: 04/04/2006 by ehsan3702 (5 reviews written)

I bought the sport version of the Honda Accord in Dec 05, from my local Honda dealer (Stockton). This car was trouble from the start!
Honda pride themselves on the 90,000 mile/3 year warranty, and are unable to identify a lethal fault because it was intermittant.
The first week into driving the car it cut out while driving.
Firstly I was unsure as to what had happened, and lucky for me it was early morning, and there was no traffic, otherwise I would have crashed.
I thought it was a 'one off'… Read Full Review

“The Sat Nav data disc that I received with my Honda...”

Written on: 02/11/2005 by davidiancross (6 reviews written)

The Sat Nav data disc that I received with my Honda Accord is absolute rubbish. It keeps placing me in the middle of the North Sea, and completely loses the plot. Honda have replaced the unit already on the first service, because they state that the FM radio frequency 101.8 MHz (Century FM) in the NE of England is in conflict with the Sat Nav frequency. However, after being replaced, it still loses the plot and fails to navigate. The data disc provided by Alpine Electronics also fails to come… Read Full Review

Davidiancross's Response to davidiancross's Review

Written on: 20/04/2006

My Sat Nav has been replaced for a second time by Alpine Electronics who manufacture it, it now works OK, however the upgraded database has not updated the street index, I still have to resort to an A-Z street map book, more accurate and £2495 cheaper than the Honda Sat Nav

Davidiancross's Response to davidiancross's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I have traded my accord in for a civic EX with sat nav as standard, it is much improved and a lot of the street data base has been updated.

Darylw's Response to davidiancross's Review

Written on: 23/09/2008

I found this review helpful because... Honda have a serious issue with their SAT NAV accuracy which they will not acknowledge. See my recent review of my 2007 CRV with the same system.

343009_Nollwark's Response to davidiancross's Review

Written on: 05/02/2008

I found this review helpful because...it confirms my impression of the Honda nav system - (in my CRV) as very unreliable - sending us to a remote cul-de-sac narrow farm lane 3 miles inland from the desired destination of Watergate Bay in Cornwall, as well as umpteen other weird results elsewhere in the country.

“The Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Executive is an excellent...”

Written on: 09/04/2005 by leolewis (1 review written)

The Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Executive is an excellent car - striking looks, comfortable and roomy. Optional 17" low profile alloy wheels makes the steering quite lively with lots of feedback on uneven roads but you get used to it.

Lack of attention to detal (see bad points) lets down this otherwise excellent car from Honda… Read Full Review

Davidiancross's Response to leolewis's Review

Written on: 28/02/2007

I agree, the ride is smooth, the visibility is poor, I lose a lot of approaching cars and especially bikes in the windsreen pillar, reversing is a pain if no sensors are fitted, its really hard to judge the rear end distance, I'm now onto my third bespoke sat nav unit because the radio frequency of Century FM (103.8Mhz) conflicted with the sat nav, and had to be tuned specifically for my car, so it cost Kenwood several thousand quid to get it right in my car.

“Distinctive styling, and powerful but economical new...”

Written on: 30/11/2004 by clavering (17 reviews written)

Distinctive styling, and powerful but economical new diesel engine, combined with high spec. levels make this Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Executive a great family car. The only downside is that the list price is on the high side compared to the competition… Read Full Review