Fiat Punto GT Reviews

Fiat Punto GT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fiat Punto GT

Fiat Punto GT
Fiat Punto GT

“Best Car Accident Lawyer”

Written on: 02/12/2013

A car accident can be a truly scary event especially if you are the injured party.The car insurance agency involved in the road accident although sympathetic to the victims are not easy to handle with, despite many people regard those cases as extremely easy. The process of filing a car accident claim and receiving a compensation can stretch in time, but it is worth waiting as in most of the cases you get fully reimbursed for the repairs done… Read Full Review

“Great Little Car”

Written on: 26/06/2013 by MatthusZobel479 (3 reviews written)

I owned one of this little car for over a year and I really have nothing to complain about, the car never broke down and always passed MOT, the only maintenance I have performed on the car are basic break change, oil and filters, but nothing major. Reliability so far after 18 months is 100% positive, fuel consumption is also low so all and all a very good car… Read Full Review

Daveytheroast's Response to MatthusZobel479's Review

Written on: 17/08/2013

Yeah I agree I've also owned one of these little cars! It was the best car I've ever owned! Wish I wish I could turn back the clock to when cars were much simpler! :)

“1.4 Fiat GT Punto”

Written on: 19/08/2012

I have seen one go and there very fast to the 60 mile.Hard to get a gt from the fatory do.and not many around they will be very rear in time and a lovely car to hold on to for years to come....Who agree's??????????… Read Full Review

“I have owned this car for approximately 2 years,...”

Written on: 28/06/2010

I have owned this car for approximately 2 years, originally purchased to take the engine and running components out and put them into a MK2 Punto, The MK2 punto being lower spec i decided to keep this car and complete the necessary body repairs.

my car is 12 years old (R reg: 1998) with now only 53,500 genuine miles, everything works on it as it should all electrics etc, i like the fact that the car itself carries a high spec (this is the top of the range model MK1 Fiat Punto)with electric… Read Full Review

“The GT is a powerful car and lovely sport car, you buy...”

Written on: 30/11/2008

The GT is a powerful car and lovely sport car, you buy a fast car without spending a lot of money Punto GT is like a little cute baby you got to take care of it… Read Full Review

“I have a Fiat Punto GT 1996. I have read some of the...”

Written on: 21/04/2008 by nicolagt (1 review written)

I have a Fiat Punto GT 1996. I have read some of the reviews and there are a few GT owners with the same problem I have. The fuel injector light comes on when I am booting it. I have had a new airflow meter put on and now the light isnt coming on but there is no power in 1st and 2nd gear and it is running really lean. Once I get the reeves up and the turbo kicks in the car runs really well. Can anyone help… Read Full Review

“All good until 1 day when I accelerate away the car...”

Written on: 15/01/2008 by skennye (1 review written)

All good until 1 day when I accelerate away the car misses like mad. It has started missing when under idle now too. If I put my foot down easy, it hardly misses and seems to go somewhere but still not right. Also the injector light comes on now and then, can anyone tell me what the problem is? I checked all my pipes, can't find any leaking pipes. HELP PLEASE… Read Full Review

“I have had my Punto gt for over 5 years. Since that...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by unclebill (1 review written)

I have had my Punto gt for over 5 years. Since that time I have learnt many things through trial and error.

These are the modifications I have learned should not be done on this car. I hope this helps some

The car does not like atmospheric dump valves!!! It upsets the balance and smooth running of the engine. If using an atmos valve poor idling cutting out and loss of boost can be experienced. no true performance car has them!! I have binned my forge atmos in favour of a superior recirc… Read Full Review

Unclebill's Response to unclebill's Review

Written on: 30/05/2007

Just to comment further on my review as UNCLEBILL.
<br/>
<br/>Other things that are gone on the car is the rear breaking compensator's - they seize and leak unless changed through old age.
<br/>
<br/>The car melts the ABS sender wires.
<br/>
<br/>The odd break line can be corroded also front or rear... There was a recall for the break pipes under the tank..
<br/>
<br/>The floor pan leaks water through to the underside of the carpet through 8 semicircular drain holes used in manufacture to drain paint out of the floor pan when dipped in a paint vat. These drain holes are not sealed properly only undersealed and WILL LEAK WATER INTO THE CAR. The carpet is rubber lined so you will never know about the flood under the carpet rotting the floor pan in places. Also the bulk head leaks water into the cabin by near the peddles.. The only singe of water in the car will be the stale smell in the cabin..
<br/>
<br/>Also be careful with exhaust tuning some exhausts will loose the car so much power and make it run bad... The scorpion exhaust is the best exhaust on this car. For get all that noisy exhaust stuff its pants.. it's OK if you want to lose power.

Shep1980's Response to unclebill's Review

Written on: 18/02/2009

could you tell me were i could get a petrol tank for my gt thanks

“I've owned my Fiat Punto for just over a year and...”

Written on: 31/07/2006 by chelseaboi4life (1 review written)

I've owned my Fiat Punto for just over a year and haven't had any problems till the piston ring fried on cylinder 4 coz my radiator is in bad shape so the water pump didn't cool the cylinder. Will find out in a few days how bad the damage is when taking it apart. These are great cars but things do go wrong. If you look after them it will last well but be prepared for some time down the line something goes on it. I absolutely love the car and it's definitely worth buying if you are prepared to… Read Full Review

“I'm on my second Fiat Punto GT and still love it to...”

Written on: 02/03/2006 by Nelly GT (1 review written)

I'm on my second Fiat Punto GT and still love it to this day!! No real problems with either of them apart from being a bit hard to find parts for (especially original bodywork). Perfomance is superb and it leaves a lot of other cars in it wake. Only bad point is the fact that it drinks the juice like an alcoholic in a brewery! Really good cars!! Buy one! (Shame they haven't made a new turbo version because I'd be first on the list!)… Read Full Review

“I've fitted a K&N cone filter, Mongoose exhaust with...”

Written on: 10/02/2006 by GT steve (1 review written)

I've fitted a K&N cone filter, Mongoose exhaust with de-cat pipe, bleed valve, bailey dump valve with Samco hose and a super chip. Have had no problems with my Fiat Punto until now.
What happens is when doing about 70mph plus and deck the pedal the car hesitates and jumps about and slowely picks up.The turbo spins up ok and ive replaced the Lambda sensor thinking it was this,but no difference.
Can anyone help???… Read Full Review

308684_Jam966's Response to GT steve's Review

Written on: 03/09/2007

Change your dump valve or bleed valve for a non atmospheric one had the same problem with mine so I put a recirculating one on and now the car is great!

“I bought my Fiat Punto GT1 nearly two years ago, it is...”

Written on: 11/08/2005 by Big Vern (1 review written)

I bought my Fiat Punto GT1 nearly two years ago, it is an M-reg and came with 112,000 miles on the clock. Fortunately, it also came with a full Fiat service history, and had been stripped and rebuilt by a good garage.
I've owned two Fiats in the past, both of which were Tipos, the first being a 1.4 petrol, and the second a 1.9 TD. The GT was a dream for many years, and in late 2003 it became a reality. Needless to say it trounces both of my Tipos when it comes to performance, looks, and… Read Full Review

“The Fiat Punto GT is a brilliant car in both looks and...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by jack starkey (1 review written)

The Fiat Punto GT is a brilliant car in both looks and performance. When running right they do tend to be very reliable but dont be surprised when something unexpected goes wrong. The main downside is how much petrol they drink but lets face it you dont buy a car like this for fuel economy. Overall a brill car, a true hot hatch… Read Full Review

“This Fiat Punto GT car is the nuts, I have owned my gt...”

Written on: 25/05/2005 by Sawyer2004 (1 review written)

This Fiat Punto GT car is the nuts, I have owned my gt for about a month now, I bought it off a neighbour, he spent loads keeping the thing running and looking its best, running at just over 190 bhp the car is very quick, no one will believe its a 1.4. with its 17inch wheels and lowered 60mm it looks superb and sticks to the road like glue, only problem is the petrols gone before you have paid for it, and trying to drive it slow just doesn't happen… Read Full Review

“How much fun is this car.... ”

Written on: 07/03/2005 by puntogtmad1469 (1 review written)

How much fun is this car....
I have had my Fiat Punto GT3 for about a year now and have only just got it running again, as for the last 6 months it has been off the road as one of my exhaust manifold bolts sheared off in the head, therfore resulting in a 600 pound fee and me putting about 60hrs into it putting it together.
One problem after another, manifold was cracked, camshaft shims and buckets also broke but finally got it together.
New shims kent cam buckets etc, got head skimmed,
And… Read Full Review

191980_S Type's Response to puntogtmad1469's Review

Written on: 04/05/2005

injector light won't go out probably the sensors needs changing, or clean/change injectors.

202400_Jack Starkey's Response to puntogtmad1469's Review

Written on: 19/07/2005

Drop me an email on derek.hazard@ntlworld.com (for attention of Jack) if you still haven't got your car sorted. I've had this problem before and it could be a number of things, might be able to help.

“The Fiat Punto GT Sports Car beats my mates vtr once...”

Written on: 17/12/2004 by spliff1star (18 reviews written)

The Fiat Punto GT Sports Car beats my mates vtr once the boost goes up but the petrol needle drops down with it. The punto gt standerd isn't as quick as you may think. There are quicker more tunerble cars out there with out turbo. The top end on the car is just over 120mph and it doesnt seem to have much power over 110mph. The handling of the car is a joke. Its to high up and feels like it wants to turn over. Saxos and a lot of other cars can show it up here. Best to lower it!! Most puntos… Read Full Review

191980_S Type's Response to spliff1star's Review

Written on: 04/05/2005

punto gt mark 1 is better as it has a japanese turbo, and mine hasn't been beaten by any non-turbo car especially saxo's, sounds to me like you bought the wrong car or can't drive unless your car's lowered, get a gti

Spliff1Star's Response to spliff1star's Review

Written on: 16/09/2005

the punto gt1 is not better or faster than a gt3 or gt limited. the turbo on a gt1 only has 5bhp over the gt2 and 3 but is not any quicker.gt1s are mostly sheds that are trashed and unreliable!! there are only a few that have been looked after ie: servicing. the gt2 and gt3 have a better more reliable turbo.and has slightly less turbo lag. my gt1 was aload of rubish, i bought that car blind, but in a way still loved it. the gt3 and rare gt3 limited are the best. why buy a l-m reg when you can buy a more reliable version r s t reg with better interier and condition for slightly more money. there are good gt1s out there but if you dont know what you are looking for like me when i bought mine, you are in trouble.

205031_Markmair45's Response to spliff1star's Review

Written on: 28/08/2005

your punto must be knackered cause ive got a powerflow exhaust, with decat and k&N, and a dump valve, and ive had 137mph out of mine

“I bought my Fiat Punto GT just over 14 months ago, at...”

Written on: 12/09/2004 by rich gt turbo (1 review written)

I bought my Fiat Punto GT just over 14 months ago, at first I loved the car to bits, its got 17s full abarth kit total leather retrim in black and yellow, as for the engine I fitted a bleed valve samco hoses k&n and a baileys dump valve then I managed to blow the turbo so im on the look out for a stage 1 hybrid to go on… Read Full Review

“I've had my 1997 Fiat Punto GT for 2 months now and...”

Written on: 19/08/2004 by spoon2 (1 review written)

I've had my 1997 Fiat Punto GT for 2 months now and was pleased with it up until the turbo started to dump air when the boost came on. Now when driving the car as soon as the turbo kicks in the power goes flat. I've checked all pipes (and i mean all) no splits even had a VW tech double check all pipes and Turbo casing. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP… Read Full Review

Noreaga's Response to 166512_spoon2's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

I had the same problem and one of the hoses from the throttle body was cracked. You have def got a cracked hose, so just need to locate and change it
<br>:)

Spliff1Star's Response to 166512_spoon2's Review

Written on: 17/12/2004

I to had this problem and it was a tiny split in a hose.

“I've had my Fiat Punto GT now for approx two months...”

Written on: 20/07/2004 by Nathan Roberts (1 review written)

I've had my Fiat Punto GT now for approx two months and never looked back. Many people frowned at me when i said i was getting a GT TURBO instead of others cars such as the pug 106GTI which i looked at for many months but could'd find a desent one. I think it was mainly due to fiats history of making unrelible cars! Anyway i ignored everyones opinion and went to look at one, i liked it so much on the road test i bought it straight away. Its metalic blue and looks awesome, its got a full servce… Read Full Review

“The only problem i have with my Fiat Punto GT is...”

Written on: 15/01/2004 by AndyB1984 (1 review written)

The only problem i have with my Fiat Punto GT is finding tuning specialists for parts. I can find every other car just not Fiat no problem though just have to keep on looking, the injector light comes on every now and again but thats only when i'm pushing it. The cars great and I think looks a lot better then then new mark 3, shame they didn't bring out a gt version in the mark 2… Read Full Review

Drummer01's Response to AndyB1984's Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

I fitted a turbo boost control valve to my brothers gt punto and it doesnt make the boost pressure run any higher u can turn it down but not up any suggestions for me plz email me at drummer01_@hotmail.com much appreciated.