Halifax Home Insurance Reviews

Halifax Home Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halifax Home Insurance

Halifax Home Insurance

“Beyond belief”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by 139Sullivan (1 review written)

Had a leak in roof when had storms came pouring in daughters bedroom. Carpet soaked and when lifted up fell apart. Because we cut the bad bit off and made bedroom habitable for our daughter to sleep in we cannot claim for carpet as we cut it. Even though have cut off in garage we can't claim because carpet might have been able to be restored!!! Really!! Have been a Halifax customer for years but no more. Any excuse to not pay out!… Read Full Review

“TRULY TERRIBLE SERVICE”

Written on: 11/02/2016

I have been shocked to be treated with rudeness, hostility and half truths since having to place a claim. Every stage requires me to chase and more often than not file an official complaint, spending hours on hold on the telephone in the process, in order to get an answer and update. Over a year and a half after first reporting the issue, I am still waiting for building work to repair the subsidence to commence. Indeed despite the fact the my rear extension is quite clearly pulling away from… Read Full Review

“WORST EVER INSURANCE ”

Written on: 08/02/2016 by MaiaWilliams348 (1 review written)

Had a really bad leak from waste water pipe into my kitchen over everything. 6 months later and its STILL not sorted out. Accusing us of lieing to penny pinch is so low when its clear what happened did happen. Literally living in "crapp / fecies" water for 6 months. How bad is that. Wish i had gone with legal & general as they were great on a basic normal water leak and sorted within a couple of weeks. This is just crazy. I have a mental health condition too and they dont seem to care… Read Full Review

Ronaldo009988998's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

You're talking rubbish all those weeks living in effluent. The only thing that I agree with is you certainly are mental pop yourself into a mental hospital.

Sexykitty88's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

do you live at my home? do not comment on what you can not see ... everything above is a true statement. it has not as yet been resolved and so has not yet had any sort of clean up. when we finally get to take down the ceiling to assess that area ... photos of everything will also be placed up here. I am guessing you must work for halifax but the truth is here to be seen. Once this is resolved, i will be placing pictures up for all to see.

Birkenvegas's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

Only an idiot passes judgement without knowing the facts. The fact is you do not live in her house nor did you see the events that occurred. You should get an MRI for a missing brain.

“They've paid for my Home Contents insurance!”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by moggie63 (5 reviews written)

Having got a good price from a comparison site I rang Halifax to just go over the policy and confirm some details. Once this was done I paid with a Halifax debit card and all was fine. Or so I thought as about 10 days later I received a letter saying there was a payment to be made. I ignored this as I knew I'd paid, I was told on the phone the transaction had gone through. A week later I got an identical latter and this time I was suspicious so I rang them. It turned out the payment HADN'T… Read Full Review

“They've paid for my Home Contents insurance!”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by moggie63 (5 reviews written)

“misleading quotes from Halifax home insurance”

Written on: 22/11/2015 by Krause475 (1 review written)

I received a quote for my house insurance from the Halifax based on my details as I had been with this insurance company the previous year. The quote came in at £131 plus £50 cash back after 70 days. I told my existing house insurance company I would not be renewing with them and was taking my business back to the Halifax a company I have dealt with for many years. Imagine my surprise when I was told that it was now £149.78 even though none of my details have changed since the quote was… Read Full Review

“Very good customer service ”

Written on: 01/11/2015

Recently had to claim for water damage in my kitchen and the claim couldn't have been dealt with better. Will defiantly recommend to friends and family… Read Full Review

“5 Star Defacto Rating ~ I dont think so !”

Written on: 22/06/2015

I moved to Halifax home insurance over a year ago now after visiting the bank about another issue.After speaking to a member of staff who enquired with me about my home insurance and who i was with,they persuaded me to take there home insurance out as they were alot cheaper and had a five star Defacto rating.The pros sounded very good so i took up the offer.Having paid the direct debits for all this time and without any claim,i had an issue with my door locks.i'd gone out and locked my door and… Read Full Review

Moggie63's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2016

"When you take these policies out with companies,they are fine and dandy to collect your payments"

You'd think so, but I had nothing but trouble trying to pay for the bloody thing, see my review for details!

“Paying for head ache/ stress not insurance. ”

Written on: 24/04/2015 by anwarbugtti (1 review written)

Been with Halifax for more then 20 years never made a claim. Just made a claim due to storm damage as my conservatory damaged, they came down more the 20 times to repair it but never finished due to bad workmen ship as roof leaks. Got independent company to look at repairs and the sent Halfax a report stating the repairs are unbelievable due to bad work man-ship. I refused traders coming to my home as they damaged my home, no one is accepting liability. They said it will be a 3 day Job and now… Read Full Review

“INSURANCE NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON!! AVOID!!”

Written on: 23/12/2014 by Campbellp28 (1 review written)

Do not be fooled by the £50 yearly cash back they give you for not making any claims! When you need the help in a crisis situation, they will NOT deliver. They do not like helping their customer. I have been a loyal customer for many years, when i made a claim, i was shocked at the number of excuses and explanations they gave me to dismiss my claim. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE CHARMING CUSTOMER SERVICES VOICES. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY! AVOID AT ALL COST. AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!… Read Full Review

“the banking assistant watever you want to call him at...”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by kevo234 (1 review written)

the banking assistant watever you want to call him at the halifax in beccles suffolk talked me into changing my home and content insurance say how wonderfull the halifax were WHATa load of lies they are so awfull to deal with im disgusted at the rudeness and the cross examining all over a tv which was knocked over while moving furniture was made to feel like a criminal still nothin solved know they want to come round to see what happend really not nice people to get insured with i will be… Read Full Review

“RIP OFF FOR LOYAL CUSTOMERS”

Written on: 04/10/2014 by AdaRose325 (1 review written)

I've been with Halifax for over 20 yrs and just received my annual renewal for buildings and contents insurance for my little 2 bedroomed cottage which is in excess of £1500. For the past 5 years they've been charging me over £1200. I thought as a long standing customer they would look after my requirements and make sure I was getting a fair deal!!What a fool I've been. Friends were horrified to hear this telling me I was being ripped off with such high charges. I've managed to get better… Read Full Review

Dependables1's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2014

you are lucky you did not need to claim, they are even worse when it comes to paying out, well done for getting rid.

“NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON!!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by protectedbyangels78 (2 reviews written)

TOOK FIRST PAYMENT OUT WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME IN LETTER WHEN THIS WOULD BE, RESULTING IN HALIFAX CHARGING ME FOR THIS... WHEN PHONED UP THEY SAID IT ON THE BACK OF A LETTER IN SMALL PRINT.... YES VERY SMALL PRINT!. MY BATH SUNK INTO MY BATHROOM FLOOR.. PHONED HOME EMERGENCY WHO CAME OUT TO TAKE MY BATH PANEL OFF AND RIP OFF ALL MY TRIM AND SILICONE TO SAY.. AHH YOU HAVE 2 LEAKS THAT WHY FLOOR ROTTEN AND SOFT AND MASSIVE HOLE IN FLOOR WHERE BATH HAD COLLAPSED THROUGH!!.. .NOTHING WE CAN DO AS YOU… Read Full Review

Maskability's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 20/09/2014

Oh my God,that's terrible. I am with the Halifax H. Ins. just one year, but haven't had to claim. Just wondering who the hell is a decent insurer, they are ALL a rip off.

Protectedbyangels78's reply to Maskability's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2014

This is my query also. .nobody is a decent insurer these days. .all want to take your money and promise the world. .when your contract is not worth the paper it's written on.. update. .3 weeks later and still no response or answer. .i have emailed the senior loss adjustor who is still waiting for decision.
If it was for them. .id still have no bathroom!

Dependables1's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

Couldnt agree with you more. Total rip offs. Ive just had a very similar experience, and i would urge anyone reading this to avoid halifax home insurance at ALL cost.

Hjs004's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 27/09/2014

Absolutely right, and spot on. AVOID this scrounger.

“The worst ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by ALEOVE (1 review written)

I had a bad experience with this company i have been with them for mor than 5 years i did never claim anything during this period until last month that i lost my watch i decided to reported of course but they made it extremely difficult, to many questions with no sense and calls and no the best friendly people… Read Full Review

“poor attitude to a genuine claim miserly to discredite”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by KamrynMacMillan259 (1 review written)

I do believe the insurers at Halifax intend to default on any claim I ,or others make as they have sent 3 claims examiners each one of them giving different readings on the same water damage incident thus delaying a long drawn out and stressful fiasco still to be resolved 2 years down the line plus extra £350.00 excess to pay up front before work can start and being a pensioner they take great pleasure in delaying any forthcoming resolution in the near future, making my life a living… Read Full Review

“Our policy cancelled by them -unfairly”

Written on: 23/07/2014

Have had house insurance for over 30 years- never made a claim.Current house having building work done- I contacted Halifax regularly to update buildings insurance - when it was finished they said we owed an extra £13.00 on annual premium [of hundreds] due to extra bedroom. They said they would take this out by direct debit- I assumed this had happened until I had two separate letters 2 months later on same day- first one said the £13.00 had been declined by the bank [ no idea why - we… Read Full Review

Maskability's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2014

Well that is absolutely disgusting treatment.I'm sorry for your bad experience
I bank with Halifax for the last year, and took out my house insurance, with them, very cheap, but have not had to claim. Now it's due for renewal and they managed to get the price down a bit but I am reviewing another company on here I've never heard of; VSM which gave me a good quote, but i've never heard of them, so reluctant to pay in one go in case they go bust.Halifax don't charge interest on monthly DDs but VSM do.

“Terrible Service from Halifax Insurance”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by AdrianJP (1 review written)

I switched to Halifax Insurance last year for my house and contents. I opted for monthly direct debit on both parts to which Halifax promptly took the whole amount in one hit. Once I complained they apologized and reimbursed £50. They also assured me it wouldn't happen again. This year they have done exactly the same despite sending documentation showing monthly debit payments. However, this time my complaint brought no apology just the offer of 14 day cancellation. I have now cancelled and… Read Full Review

“After eight years of no claims my shed was burgled....”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by 10Vega (1 review written)

After eight years of no claims my shed was burgled. Bike was stolen. Despite having receipts, frame number and registration with a police approved tagging service they refused a claim outright because I hadn't told them I owned a bike. Btw they hadnt told me they were charging an 'unlimited' premium in case of house rebuild. So for eight years they've been deliberately over charging me. When I left they told me that I could save money with a realistic premium for this and tried to tempt me… Read Full Review

Maskability's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2014

I'm gob smacked by all these horrendous bad reviews.I've only had them for one year, and not claimed, was going to go for them again, but not so sure reading this and others.
All insurance companies put their price up each renewal and it;'s not until you say you are not happy will they find a way of keeping you with them.
The insurance business is a rip off anyway, so may as well go for the cheapest and hope you never have to claim

Dependables1's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2014

Shocking! i wish i had read these reviews before deciding on Halifax. Avoid at all cost!

“Don't let them win!!!”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by kitkirk (1 review written)

After just under seven years I have been paid for a fire but it took the ombudsmen and a lot of effort. I was accused of Arson and had oddly low valuations by 'independent'valuers. Do not expect fair, helpful or even polite treatment. They just want you to go away and they seem to judge their Success by how much they don't pay you. Whatever you do make sure that you don't give in. If it was possible to give negative stars they would collect a lot. I cannot describe this company without using… Read Full Review

Dependables1's Response to kitkirk's Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

Couldnt agree with you more. I am shocked at how what they are doing is even legal. It is simply daylight robbery.

Sexykitty88's Response to kitkirk's Review

Written on: 08/02/2016

im going through this too at the moment. I have ptsd too ... waste water has leaked all over my kitchen and ots still not sorted ... their emergency people where their when it happened. they have tried to call me lier and dismissing penny pinching. ive literally been living in crapp for 6 months or more now. Its negatively effecting my mental health x

Arsonist's reply to Sexykitty88's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

Fight them every inch of the way. The ombudsmen awarded me 8% interest and hurting them that way was a profitable pleasure.

“Sympathetic, efficient -- and no form-filling”

Written on: 07/06/2014 by DestinyJones (2 reviews written)

Halifax dealt sympathetically and very efficiently with a claim for a snatched handbag and contents -- and happily called me back to save my phone bill. I didn't have to fill in any forms at all -- just supply scans of receipts for anything under two years old (excluding make-up, which I just had to list and give a replacement value for. My contact told me the timetable and sent me email reminders for information/scans she needed to progress my claim. Compared with the Dickensian delays and… Read Full Review