Halifax Home Insurance Reviews

Halifax Home Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halifax Home Insurance

Halifax Home Insurance

“Incompetent rip off”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by Santiagolk1 (1 review written)

Our home has been insured by the Halifax for over 20 years. I just called them to check on some details with a renewal imminent. they said they'd changed their system and needed to ask more questions regarding the property like, what is it made of!!! I said surely you know these details already (unless you've lost them). I was put through to a supervisor who told me "I wasn't even born when your were asked these questions in 1989 so I wouldn't know"!!! Their quote was more that three times as… Read Full Review

“dont cover bath damage”

Written on: 29/04/2016

claims process like the Spanish inquisition. don't cover crack in acrylic bath because they don't know how it happened. very much like I am the guilty party for daring to ask if I am covered for this. I couldn't get a word in during my conversation with the person who answered the phone. Policy booklet not clear about accidental damage definition. Like most insurers they take your money but when a claim is made they think of every get out in the book. Avoid… Read Full Review

“Typical insurance company will have you over a barrel”

Written on: 28/04/2016 by 157McLean (1 review written)

Made a claim for storm damage on 5/2/2016. Surveyor came out to assess and didn't report back to me for 2 months. I had to chase up and was told the claim was denied. Unfortunately the 2 months waiting created more internal water damage to 3 separate rooms and so was offered £50 compensation for their mistake and repairs to wallpaper but no roof repair (denied). My excess was £150 which they refused to waiver and so I was left with damaged property and increase in insurance for next year… Read Full Review

“worst ever experience with a company”

Written on: 30/03/2016 by 211Graves (1 review written)

Having had buildings insurance with the Halifax for over 30 years we submitted a storm damage claim. This was the first ever claim and all I can say is the acted totally unprofessionally and unethically. Despite initially making three options of offers they then changed their mind and declined the claim. The people they use to send out to look at your property appear to be incompetent. I have never experienced such stress before dealing with a company I thought would behave professionally… Read Full Review

“Absolutly terrible.”

Written on: 15/02/2016 by thomasp18 (1 review written)

My father got admitted to hospital, because he was my mothers main carer she had to go into a home, while they were not in the house they had a burst water pipe, i contacted the halifax insurance to make a claim, by the way i didnt even no who there insurance was with untill i had to root through the paper work, their hall carpet was soaked and so was their room carpet,the pipe had been leaking for 6 weeks, i called a plumber who told me it was from a pipe coming in from outside the property… Read Full Review

“Beyond belief”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by 139Sullivan (1 review written)

Had a leak in roof when had storms came pouring in daughters bedroom. Carpet soaked and when lifted up fell apart. Because we cut the bad bit off and made bedroom habitable for our daughter to sleep in we cannot claim for carpet as we cut it. Even though have cut off in garage we can't claim because carpet might have been able to be restored!!! Really!! Have been a Halifax customer for years but no more. Any excuse to not pay out!… Read Full Review

“TRULY TERRIBLE SERVICE”

Written on: 11/02/2016

I have been shocked to be treated with rudeness, hostility and half truths since having to place a claim. Every stage requires me to chase and more often than not file an official complaint, spending hours on hold on the telephone in the process, in order to get an answer and update. Over a year and a half after first reporting the issue, I am still waiting for building work to repair the subsidence to commence. Indeed despite the fact the my rear extension is quite clearly pulling away from… Read Full Review

“WORST EVER INSURANCE ”

Written on: 08/02/2016 by MaiaWilliams348 (1 review written)

Had a really bad leak from waste water pipe into my kitchen over everything. 6 months later and its STILL not sorted out. Accusing us of lieing to penny pinch is so low when its clear what happened did happen. Literally living in "crapp / fecies" water for 6 months. How bad is that. Wish i had gone with legal & general as they were great on a basic normal water leak and sorted within a couple of weeks. This is just crazy. I have a mental health condition too and they dont seem to care… Read Full Review

Ronaldo009988998's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

You're talking rubbish all those weeks living in effluent. The only thing that I agree with is you certainly are mental pop yourself into a mental hospital.

Sexykitty88's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

do you live at my home? do not comment on what you can not see ... everything above is a true statement. it has not as yet been resolved and so has not yet had any sort of clean up. when we finally get to take down the ceiling to assess that area ... photos of everything will also be placed up here. I am guessing you must work for halifax but the truth is here to be seen. Once this is resolved, i will be placing pictures up for all to see.

Leighbrett9988's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2016

then sue the insurer instead off mouthing of on here! If what you say is true,them employe a company to sanitise the house,quiet simple really isn't it.

Sexykitty88's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2016

that is exactly what i am sorting now ... mouthing off on here is giving a review for others to see. You are either a pompous argumentative sad git or you work for/on behalf of halifax for your comments.

Birkenvegas's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

Only an idiot passes judgement without knowing the facts. The fact is you do not live in her house nor did you see the events that occurred. You should get an MRI for a missing brain.

Leighbrett9988's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2016

Well I wouldn't live in a house full of effluent perhaps you need to have an MRI scan as I think you have some sort of a brain issue. So you would live in effluent,then again you seem to know everything and know nothink. look up what germs you can catch,simpleton

“They've paid for my Home Contents insurance!”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by moggie63 (5 reviews written)

Having got a good price from a comparison site I rang Halifax to just go over the policy and confirm some details. Once this was done I paid with a Halifax debit card and all was fine. Or so I thought as about 10 days later I received a letter saying there was a payment to be made. I ignored this as I knew I'd paid, I was told on the phone the transaction had gone through. A week later I got an identical latter and this time I was suspicious so I rang them. It turned out the payment HADN'T… Read Full Review

“They've paid for my Home Contents insurance!”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by moggie63 (5 reviews written)

“misleading quotes from Halifax home insurance”

Written on: 22/11/2015 by Krause475 (1 review written)

I received a quote for my house insurance from the Halifax based on my details as I had been with this insurance company the previous year. The quote came in at £131 plus £50 cash back after 70 days. I told my existing house insurance company I would not be renewing with them and was taking my business back to the Halifax a company I have dealt with for many years. Imagine my surprise when I was told that it was now £149.78 even though none of my details have changed since the quote was… Read Full Review

“Very good customer service ”

Written on: 01/11/2015

Recently had to claim for water damage in my kitchen and the claim couldn't have been dealt with better. Will defiantly recommend to friends and family… Read Full Review

“5 Star Defacto Rating ~ I dont think so !”

Written on: 22/06/2015

I moved to Halifax home insurance over a year ago now after visiting the bank about another issue.After speaking to a member of staff who enquired with me about my home insurance and who i was with,they persuaded me to take there home insurance out as they were alot cheaper and had a five star Defacto rating.The pros sounded very good so i took up the offer.Having paid the direct debits for all this time and without any claim,i had an issue with my door locks.i'd gone out and locked my door and… Read Full Review

Moggie63's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2016

"When you take these policies out with companies,they are fine and dandy to collect your payments"

You'd think so, but I had nothing but trouble trying to pay for the bloody thing, see my review for details!

“Paying for head ache/ stress not insurance. ”

Written on: 24/04/2015 by anwarbugtti (1 review written)

Been with Halifax for more then 20 years never made a claim. Just made a claim due to storm damage as my conservatory damaged, they came down more the 20 times to repair it but never finished due to bad workmen ship as roof leaks. Got independent company to look at repairs and the sent Halfax a report stating the repairs are unbelievable due to bad work man-ship. I refused traders coming to my home as they damaged my home, no one is accepting liability. They said it will be a 3 day Job and now… Read Full Review

“INSURANCE NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON!! AVOID!!”

Written on: 23/12/2014 by Campbellp28 (1 review written)

Do not be fooled by the £50 yearly cash back they give you for not making any claims! When you need the help in a crisis situation, they will NOT deliver. They do not like helping their customer. I have been a loyal customer for many years, when i made a claim, i was shocked at the number of excuses and explanations they gave me to dismiss my claim. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE CHARMING CUSTOMER SERVICES VOICES. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY! AVOID AT ALL COST. AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!… Read Full Review

“the banking assistant watever you want to call him at...”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by kevo234 (1 review written)

the banking assistant watever you want to call him at the halifax in beccles suffolk talked me into changing my home and content insurance say how wonderfull the halifax were WHATa load of lies they are so awfull to deal with im disgusted at the rudeness and the cross examining all over a tv which was knocked over while moving furniture was made to feel like a criminal still nothin solved know they want to come round to see what happend really not nice people to get insured with i will be… Read Full Review

“RIP OFF FOR LOYAL CUSTOMERS”

Written on: 04/10/2014 by AdaRose325 (1 review written)

I've been with Halifax for over 20 yrs and just received my annual renewal for buildings and contents insurance for my little 2 bedroomed cottage which is in excess of £1500. For the past 5 years they've been charging me over £1200. I thought as a long standing customer they would look after my requirements and make sure I was getting a fair deal!!What a fool I've been. Friends were horrified to hear this telling me I was being ripped off with such high charges. I've managed to get better… Read Full Review

Dependables1's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2014

you are lucky you did not need to claim, they are even worse when it comes to paying out, well done for getting rid.

“NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON!!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by protectedbyangels78 (2 reviews written)

TOOK FIRST PAYMENT OUT WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME IN LETTER WHEN THIS WOULD BE, RESULTING IN HALIFAX CHARGING ME FOR THIS... WHEN PHONED UP THEY SAID IT ON THE BACK OF A LETTER IN SMALL PRINT.... YES VERY SMALL PRINT!. MY BATH SUNK INTO MY BATHROOM FLOOR.. PHONED HOME EMERGENCY WHO CAME OUT TO TAKE MY BATH PANEL OFF AND RIP OFF ALL MY TRIM AND SILICONE TO SAY.. AHH YOU HAVE 2 LEAKS THAT WHY FLOOR ROTTEN AND SOFT AND MASSIVE HOLE IN FLOOR WHERE BATH HAD COLLAPSED THROUGH!!.. .NOTHING WE CAN DO AS YOU… Read Full Review

Maskability's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 20/09/2014

Oh my God,that's terrible. I am with the Halifax H. Ins. just one year, but haven't had to claim. Just wondering who the hell is a decent insurer, they are ALL a rip off.

Protectedbyangels78's reply to Maskability's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2014

This is my query also. .nobody is a decent insurer these days. .all want to take your money and promise the world. .when your contract is not worth the paper it's written on.. update. .3 weeks later and still no response or answer. .i have emailed the senior loss adjustor who is still waiting for decision.
If it was for them. .id still have no bathroom!

Dependables1's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

Couldnt agree with you more. Total rip offs. Ive just had a very similar experience, and i would urge anyone reading this to avoid halifax home insurance at ALL cost.

Hjs004's Response to protectedbyangels78's Review

Written on: 27/09/2014

Absolutely right, and spot on. AVOID this scrounger.

“The worst ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by ALEOVE (1 review written)

I had a bad experience with this company i have been with them for mor than 5 years i did never claim anything during this period until last month that i lost my watch i decided to reported of course but they made it extremely difficult, to many questions with no sense and calls and no the best friendly people… Read Full Review

“poor attitude to a genuine claim miserly to discredite”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by KamrynMacMillan259 (1 review written)

I do believe the insurers at Halifax intend to default on any claim I ,or others make as they have sent 3 claims examiners each one of them giving different readings on the same water damage incident thus delaying a long drawn out and stressful fiasco still to be resolved 2 years down the line plus extra £350.00 excess to pay up front before work can start and being a pensioner they take great pleasure in delaying any forthcoming resolution in the near future, making my life a living… Read Full Review