Crosman 2250XT Reviews

Crosman 2250XT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman 2250XT

Crosman 2250XT
Crosman 2250XT

“I was a little wary of this gun as i had heard that...”

Written on: 26/01/2011 by mehalstead (5 reviews written)

I was a little wary of this gun as i had heard that the original Ratcatcher was more of a plinking toy than a serious 'rat / rabbit stopper'. Lightweight, flimsy and underpowered were words that kept popping up. Also, having recently parted company with a Weirauch HW97K that i loved in terms of accuracy and power, i was pretty much convinced that having asked a local store to get one in for me to look, i would look, put down, and buy something else!

However, i take it all back having now… Read Full Review

Mehalstead's Response to mehalstead's Review

Written on: 27/01/2011

I just thought that i would add that today i set the gun in a bench and at 30 feet acheived a grouping of less than a square inch over 25 shots so very impressed with the accuracy.

“Let me begin by saying that Cognition is just a dumb...”

Written on: 21/09/2008 by 56K HERO (1 review written)

Let me begin by saying that Cognition is just a dumb UKie, so don't listen to his foolishness. You can't buy a better pellet rifle than this one for under 200 bucks, I assure you. Since you can pick them up for 130 or less, that makes it a phenomenal buy. I took mine straight out of the box 3 days ago, installed the el-cheapo factory scope, and I've been shooting sub 1/2 inch groups at 10 meters without any upgrades or any of that custom nonsense that the UKies poop themselves over. The gun… Read Full Review

Andyfr1968's Response to 403149_56K HERO's Review

Written on: 29/11/2008

You've not had many air guns before, have you? Or girl friends? Why the U.K. rant? We're all on the same side, aren't we???

“Great gun for any application. 90% accuracy excelent...”

Written on: 30/07/2008 by yayo755 (5 reviews written)

Great gun for any application. 90% accuracy excelent power .22 cal rips through targets and small game like nothing great gun… Read Full Review

403149_56K Hero's Response to yayo755's Review

Written on: 21/09/2008

How exactly is running out of co2 after 250 shots bad? Name a gun that does better off of co2 out of the factory.

“I own a theoben imporater underlever rifle - £800+++...”

Written on: 07/07/2008

I own a theoben imporater underlever rifle - £800+++ compared to what you get for your money with the crosman it is mind blowing… Read Full Review

“Light weight gun easy to zero.”

Written on: 29/06/2008

Light weight gun easy to zero… Read Full Review

“Bad buy - especially for those in the UK. ”

Written on: 16/09/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)

Bad buy - especially for those in the UK.

Not recommended considering the price tag - save your money for a BSA springer or a Weihrauch… Read Full Review

403149_56K Hero's Response to Cognition's Review

Written on: 21/09/2008

Yeah, It's such a bad buy. Why pay 130 for this, when you can pay 300 for a gun which isn't as accurate and has rediculous recoil and a barrel that moves independently from the scope mount? Seriously! You can actually KILL something with this!!! Why risk it??!! Get something that you can't hit anything with for only 300 bucks so you don't ruin our perfect world!!

“Again, the air cartridge leaks like crazy. This thing...”

Written on: 27/08/2006 by creggsteffler (1 review written)

Again, the air cartridge leaks like crazy. This thing is a piece of rubbish… Read Full Review

Cognition's Response to creggsteffler's Review

Written on: 15/07/2007

Try screwing the cylinder in .

403149_56K Hero's Response to creggsteffler's Review

Written on: 21/09/2008

Do some curls and get a grip master. Work out for a year so you're not a limp wrister, and then try actually screwing in the cylinder. Then try to go pick up a girl.

“The Crosman 2250XT air rifle is a good "Fun-Gun". I...”

Written on: 22/11/2005 by GiroJohn (60 reviews written)

The Crosman 2250XT air rifle is a good "Fun-Gun". I have mine fitted with the carbon fibre moderator - very quiet. Good for rats etc., but only out to about 15/17 yards due to lower power.
Excellent for jumping tin cans (I never did grow up).
Looks good especially with a moderator. Tidy "Ratbag" you can buy for it, only £20, fleece lined etc… Read Full Review

“The Crosman 2250XT is the first CO2 rifle I've owned....”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by beer can killer (1 review written)

The Crosman 2250XT is the first CO2 rifle I've owned. After sighting in the scope, this gun fired consistently and accurately. It feels smallish but handles O.K. I wasted two air source tanks trying to get it to stop leaking air (hissing) were it screws into the gun. The third tank went in and sealed right up (no hissing). Maybe because I spread a bit of gun oil on the piercing surface of the tank. I'm disappointed that the air source tank can't be stored ON the gun. What if you don't want to… Read Full Review

“I bought my Crosman 2250XT air rifles with the...”

Written on: 12/07/2005 by Lightning22 (6 reviews written)

I bought my Crosman 2250XT air rifles with the intention of modifying it and using it for quiet pest control.

Like one of the previous reviewers I bought a valve from cooper-t.com which allows me to both cut off the gas to the rifle and also refill it from my paintball fill rig. This has cut my running costs dramatically. Unfortunately I couldn't get cooper-t to export to the UK where I live, Jim from Crooked Barn arranged it for me, top bloke!

So far mine has gained a re-crowned, freefloated… Read Full Review

Chase7's Response to Lightning22's Review

Written on: 08/09/2005

Can these guns use powerlets also?(dual source) or just single source?

Daniel404's Response to Lightning22's Review

Written on: 30/01/2007

Hey lightning22 could you tell me exactly which Logun CF silencer you put on your 2250XT as I have just ordered one and would like to quiet it when it arrives for back yard plinking. Was the silencer attached with grub screws or did you have the 2250XT barrel threaded?
<br/>
<br/>Thanks
<br/>Daniel

Chase7's Response to Lightning22's Review

Written on: 08/09/2005

Thanks Lightning thats what I thought so I ordered the 2250B like you said.
<br>I like the extra versatility even tho i'll probably have to start by getting the
<br>steel receiver/bolt assembly like everyone else...Thanks for letting me know tho ...Take care ..Chase

Lightning22's Response to Lightning22's Review

Written on: 08/09/2005

Just single source mate, you have more options with the standard powerlet 2250B which can be bulked with various kits but still converted back to powerlets if required.

“The Crosman 2250XT gun is awesome, look at the price...”

Written on: 24/12/2004 by laciakita (2 reviews written)

The Crosman 2250XT gun is awesome, look at the price and see what you get, its a steal.
I purchased a shut off valve from T. Cooper so that I could take off the power source bottle, when I am finished using it.
I am a big fan of the Crosman 2240, owning a Tomcat and several mod 2240's.
The 2250XT is well worth the money… Read Full Review

Mpf's Response to laciakita's Review

Written on: 26/05/2005

I agree 100%.
<br>The 2250XT is some hot weapon.
<br>MPF.

“Just got my Crosman 2250XT this past week from Airguns...”

Written on: 26/11/2004 by Vasco (4 reviews written)

Just got my Crosman 2250XT this past week from Airguns of Arizona for $115. What a delight!
This little gun is lots of fun and extremely accurate. It is a 22 caliber single pellet gun. The documentation rates it a 550 FPS and it is powered with Airsource CO2 bottles from Crossman.

Initially I was a bit concerned with the power of the gun but the larger caliber makes a huge difference. While my Tech Force 66 (rated at 750 fps) would only "dent" the pressed wood plank I use to hold my target… Read Full Review

Vasco's Response to Vasco's Review

Written on: 23/12/2004

Update about the scope and accuracy...
<br>Replaced the factory scope with a TechForce 6-24x40. Big difference!
<br>As I was sighting the scope at about 30 yards a big fly landed right on the target sheet... I couldn't help myself but taking the shot (thinking that I would never make it). To my surprise as I went to replace the target (a few shots later) I had blasted the poor fella into fly heaven... I couldn't believe it myself.
<br>
<br>I tell you, this gun is so accurate and light that you can hit a penny at 100 feet. FUN!