H &N Field & Target Trophy Reviews

H &N Field and Target Trophy - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for H &N Field and Target Trophy

H &N Field and Target Trophy
H &N Field and Target Trophy

“Most excellent (and they work in Airsporters, too)”

Written on: 16/10/2012 by Kimm742 (63 reviews written)

The moment you open the tin, the manufacturing quality is evident. Quite a plain pellet,with a large head and a waist that is rear of centre, making it nose-heavy. When loading into my BSA Comet, the first thing I noticed was how tight a fit it was- had to push the last millimetre in using the edge of my thumb-nail. And from the first shot, no previous barrel-clean or anything, I got extremely tight groups. And, maybe because of the large head, or maybe because of the tight fit, or both, they… Read Full Review

Kimm742's Response to Kimm742's Review

Written on: 27/10/2012

Subsequently tried them in my BSA Ultra- same results. Half a dozen test shots, dead on from the first one. Had a little camo-in-the-woods session (hunting seems a bit too grandiose), 4 shots and 4 kills- another squirrel, 2 magpies and a pigeon, ranges from 25 to 35 yards.
They weren't just 1-shot kills, they were virtually instant. The phrase "superior knock-down power" could have been invented for these beauties. Brilliant.

Kimm742's Response to Kimm742's Review

Written on: 22/12/2012

And they are also superb out of my .177 BSA Scorpion. One-shot kills out to 35 yards; all head-shots admittedly, but the gun and pellet combination lets you make head shots every time.

“In the past, I have found these H&N FIELD TARGET...”

Written on: 12/05/2011

In the past, I have found these H&N FIELD TARGET TROPHY pellets to be extremely accurate in my Weihrauch HW77 and HW80 spring rifles and I've been shooting them happily for years. They have always proved reliable, superbly accurate, well-made pellets for Target and Hunting and great value for money all round. Marvellous.

HOWEVER...I have recently found there are more and more inconsistent, miss-sized and poor quality pellets getting into the tins/batches. So much so, I'm seriously thinking of… Read Full Review

“I am always lucky whenever I shoot critters with H&N...”

Written on: 05/05/2010

I am always lucky whenever I shoot critters with H&N FTT .22 pellet (about 15.40 grains). The power, the speed, penetration, accuracy and flat trajectory are perfect. I found the best result in my Weirauch HW80 .22 air rifle, German made, FAC version. It looks like the spinning rate of FTT is so high in my HW80 that a pigeon, dove or wild ducks I shot always got feathers pushed into the flesh whereas the pellet went through the body leaving usually big hole at the exit point. I adjust my HW80… Read Full Review

“I use h and n ftt pellets in my weihrauch hw100 .177...”

Written on: 12/11/2008

I use h and n ftt pellets in my weihrauch hw100 .177 pcp and find them to be a great pellet the other pellet good in this rifle is the air arms ft,.they have accounted for scores of rabbits and crows ect and find them accurate and hard hitting enough to use out to about 40 yards safely enough to be confident of a clean kill,
I also spend a fair bit of time in my field plinking either paper targets and tins ect,shot off a bipod with the hw100 the accuracy is good out to about 70 yards if the… Read Full Review

“They are better through my AAS410 than the Air Arms...”

Written on: 10/09/2008 by RICHIE612 (5 reviews written)

They are better through my AAS410 than the Air Arms own Diabolo Field pellets which suprised me. They are also made of a tougher blend of lead metal which makes them a bit easier to carry around without damaging the skirt on them. I have not tried the .177 version yet but I can only guess similar performance. If anyone has tried them in a Daystate Airwolf .177 before please let me know how you got on with them, thanks… Read Full Review

“A very accurate pellet, but I won't buy them again...”

Written on: 11/07/2007 by bobjbrown (34 reviews written)

A very accurate pellet, but I won't buy them again until I'm assured that the sporadic quality issues are no longer apparent… Read Full Review

“I was given a handful of these by an old farmer i see...”

Written on: 30/06/2007 by dreadheadmarksman (13 reviews written)

I was given a handful of these by an old farmer i see from time to time he was rattling on about how awesome they were and how rabbits everywhere fear him and how he can knock a 10p over at 50 yards etc... to be honest i was sceptical but always being one to learn from experience i decided to give them a go...
and wow i mean really WOW!! They fit nice in the barrel and its true you can get sub inch groupings at 50 yards the trajectory is pretty flat too i zero'd them in against a breeze block… Read Full Review

“What more could you want. Hits hard, hits accurately,...”

Written on: 03/05/2007 by RugbyPete (8 reviews written)

What more could you want. Hits hard, hits accurately, they are lubed up and are perfectly formed. Sometimes I open the tin just to compare quality, they are impressive and hold their shape.
Best of all, unlike Accupels, you don't get the crap in your gun building up, yet you get all the other benefits from a quality manufacturer.
You only need one pellet, this is it, don't let the lack of reviews put you off, its a best kept secret! Target, hunting, competition, you're about to have a simpler… Read Full Review

“What more can you ask from a pellet? Consistently...”

Written on: 07/04/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)

What more can you ask from a pellet? Consistently shaped (unlike a lot of other brands), and a good weight to combine hitting power with velocity.

At under £5 for a tin of 500, there's no excuse not to get some H &N Field and Target Trophy pellets!… Read Full Review

“H &N Field and Target Trophy are a good quality...”

Written on: 10/01/2006 by tomftuning (4 reviews written)

H &N Field and Target Trophy are a good quality pellet, bargain price. All same shape. Good enough for any hunting or targets at bout 45 yards. Cheaper alternative to Accupels, not far off as accurate… Read Full Review

“I have a BSA Lightning which is dead picky for...”

Written on: 02/11/2003 by thumper (19 reviews written)

I have a BSA Lightning which is dead picky for pellets, the only ones really suiting it up till I tried these H &N Field and Target Trophy were the Crosman range, but I was getting fed up with all the barrel cleaning involved in using them due to the dirt and swarfe that comes with them, my friend told me to try these FTT pellets as they fit BSA barrels perfectly as the head on them is 5.5 mm in diameter, BSA barrels are now imported from Spain via Gamo and are all exactly 5.5 mm, remember that… Read Full Review

Murrayfintheuk's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 07/02/2004

every person who owns a BSA lightning should try these pelletsboth myself and my friend recently bought lightnings ... zeroed in our scopes with accupells then fired off 20 h+n field + trophys
<br>The grouping was incredible punching a bull out a target .... get them now.
<br>If you live in uk go to uttings.com
<br> cheers
<br> Murray

Rugbypete's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 13/06/2007

They don't crush at all, so can bounce off hard targets.I fired at a tree and they were going all over the place bouncing off
<br/>I think its because they have a low profile, stubby. They are accurate though, 8/10 shots go on form.
<br/>
<br/>Gonna give something like the air arms field or accupel a shot, see how I get on.
<br/>
<br/>Got a free tub of the logun copies to try (tin and lead) so will see how I get on with those

Deadeyedick's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 27/07/2006

I use the Field Target Trophy&#039;s but the sticker is green, I think they&#039;re the same pellet :P
<br/>
<br/>I find them to be great out of my S410 and Crosman powerpell are great too. just wish I didnt have to clean my gun so often :(

Hellequin's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

Have to agree, I have a Lightning XL in .177 and the FTT's are miles better than the "accupels" I got with the gun. More predictable, better penetration and most importantly, tighter groups!

176891_Bombom101's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 08/03/2006

i dont think they are imported from spain, BSA and Gamo are just woking together and BSA take gamo weapons from spain with them being shipped

Canuckclaret's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 22/04/2005

Agreed. Bought these the same time as my Webley Xocet carbine - the groupings I have been getting are tremendous, and I managed to punch clean through the "Thomson Local" from 15yds with 3 well placed shots. 500 @ £5.99 from Blackpool Air Rifles, 5.53mm on the tin. Buy these!

Neilm's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 11/02/2004

Can't agree more. I use two main types through my lightning:- H&N Field Target Trophy, and Air Arms Diabolo. Both are just as accurate as each other but I much prefer the H&N for live targets as they are heavier and more crush resistant than the Air Arms! GOOD FOR THOSE TOUGH SKINNED TREE RATS!!! I also find HOLLOW POINTS fly well when i'm ratting as well. for this I use RWS or ELEY.