Apple Power Mac G5 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Summary

Powerpc G5 1.6 Ghz
Apple Macos X
Dvd-r
Apple Power Mac G5 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple Power Mac G5

Apple Power Mac G5

“I have been using Apple since 84 and this computer is...”

Written on: 15/06/2010 by othello (9 reviews written)

I have been using Apple since 84 and this computer is the worst I have owned ( I have 9 including notebooks and desktops)

This model, 1.8Hz dual was the most expensive and is fantastic when it works however it suffers from the fact it has a Chinese produced main board which has been known for years to become faulty.

ALL my other computers still work, not the G5! Apple appears to have ignored this problem and changed only those under warranty. The price of a new new board out weighs the value… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“After 5 years of constant use, My dual @Ghz G%...”

Written on: 31/03/2010

After 5 years of constant use, My dual @Ghz G% PowerMac has performed flawlessly I have it packed with 8GB RAM, and 2- 160GB Raptor (10K-rpm) drives.
I have produced 32 1 hour Wedding movies, and numerous other movies using FCP and iMovie on it.. It has never let me down. At this point I am considering getting a MacPro upgrade to take advantage of 4 processors.
It has been a great computer and has outlasted our other 4 Dells which were purchased around the same time. I have been replacing them… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“once you go Mac, you never go back. cheesy but true....”

Written on: 13/12/2007

once you go Mac, you never go back. cheesy but true. No more endless file directories or 'patches to download every other day. If you buy an upgrade or piece of hardware that is apple, you dot spend half a day just trying to calibrate the two. I don't think my G5 has crashed on me once, had it 10-12months now… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“I have owned a dual 2.5mHz Apple Power Mac G5 since...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by Holmesdale (5 reviews written)

I have owned a dual 2.5mHz Apple Power Mac G5 since July 2004. It has saved my life. I am a teacher and need a rapid and reliable machine: it has never crashed. It was expensive to buy (even with educational discount) - I part justified the cost by setting it up as a TV to.
I have a disability and would say that I am reliant on this machine for many of the vital things in my life - communication and shopping. It's accessability features are very impressive.
I understand that the machine has… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“I have had this Apple Power Mac G5 computer for over a...”

Written on: 05/08/2005 by freddjoh (6 reviews written)

I have had this Apple Power Mac G5 computer for over a year now and I have only good things to say. It is fast, stable, runs cool thanks to all the fans and the hardware in it is top notch. I have later upgraded with an airport express card and second 250 GB HD. I needed to replace the motherboard after about 6 months. I was not very happy about that, but it was within warranty, so a Mac shop took care of that for me. People also compliment on how it doesn't look as boring as most other… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“In my humble opinion the Apple PowerMac G5 is the...”

Written on: 25/08/2004 by cowcalves (48 reviews written)

In my humble opinion the Apple PowerMac G5 is the daddy of all computers. Had mine a couple of months now and really could not be happier. It's not as quiet as I was led to believe but that's a small complaint as my music hides it anyway. It is reputed to be the fastest computer in the world, and it certainly is rapid, no complaints in that department. Buy one or settle for second best… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“Apple Power Mac G5 - This is a superbly engineered...”

Written on: 14/08/2004 by muka5001 (1 review written)

Apple Power Mac G5 - This is a superbly engineered computer, I've never seen build quality this good before, it's a perfect example of form and function which just oozes class. The operating system is the most robust I've ever used, I've had mine over 6 months now and IT'S NEVER CRASHED! If you're a serious PC app user on a budget look at a cheap and cheerful Dell, otherwise make the switch to Apple, you won't regret it!… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“I don't own one of these computer systems, but I use...”

Written on: 26/05/2004 by anicols (1 review written)

I don't own one of these computer systems, but I use them a lot.
I'm studying Music Technology in my first year at University and we have 8 of these Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.6GHz babies!
When I started my course, I'd never even touched a mac but I fell in love with the OS.
I've been a Microsoft user for 10+ years but occasionally used Linux.

Anyway, the OS is slim and smoothline, everything runs like a dream. Originally using 10.2.8 but then switched to 10.3 when it came out. OS 10.3 is… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“I bought one of these Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.6GHz...”

Written on: 28/04/2004 by ianmorton (1 review written)

I bought one of these Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.6GHz Computer Systems over five months ago.
In my opinion this machine is vastly over rated and overpriced.
Apple have been very measly with the input and output ports, for the facilities you have available to you the size of the unit is far too large and with its numerous fans it is far too noisy, but thats what you pay for ! "big bucks for big bangs."
the machine works well with the software that is available for it, if you can afford it !!… Read Full Review

Apple Power Mac G5

“The long-awaited Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.6GHz is...”

Written on: 02/11/2003 by redbaron (16 reviews written)

The long-awaited Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.6GHz is out. Having test driven the 1.6GHz it is marvellous. It really is very quick and outperforms a G4/1.25GHz visibly. This is really the machine OSX was made for. Installations and shutdowns are far faster and with the reliability of IBM processors hopes for the future of the G5 are high. I was disappointed that it only takes 1 further serial ATA drive but with the cost of FW drives it doesn't really matter that much. With it being a 64 bit… Read Full Review

Ayampols's Response to redbaron's Review