Oasis (Band) Reviews

Summary

Oasis were a rock band formed in Manchester during the 1990's by two brothers, Liam and Noel Gallagher.
Oasis (Band) - Ask a question now

“OASIS 4.6.09; A bit late in view of the recent split! ...”

Written on: 14/10/2009

OASIS 4.6.09; A bit late in view of the recent split! But I have to say that despite the arctic wind blowing from the Pennines, and the dodgy generator (replaced by one from Argos according to Liam!)this was a soul warming concert. This was my first Oasis gig and to me they put their heart into it. Venue was great; loads of food and drink stalls. Stage; good set up and massive screens. Toilets were ok though so packed you made close friends with everyone in the queue! Felt sorry for the ones near… Read Full Review

“Having arrived in Milton Keynes we easily found the...”

Written on: 23/08/2005 by gsk002 (3 reviews written)

Having arrived in Milton Keynes we easily found the stadium which is really well built. Parking was really quick and at the end of the night getting out of the car park was so easy. We found a nice spot in the packed stadium and waited for Oasis. However they turned up 4 support bands later. We were baking in the sun until then- and the support bands were rather average and not really in tune with an Oasis crowd. The stage seemed to take forever to set up for oasis but when they did come on… Read Full Review

“When I went to Oasis I was expecting a normal crowd of...”

Written on: 07/07/2005 by Liam thomas (31 reviews written)

When I went to Oasis I was expecting a normal crowd of rock lovers but what I experienced was different as people got more drunk and people got more restless waiting, some started to fight, then when Oasis did come on (6 hours after I got in) I had to jump to get air, then at about 3 songs in I had a choice, stay have my neck broke, fall on the floor and be trampled or climb up and crowd surf out. I chose the crowd surfing option and escaped unharmed, but being the hardcore Oasis fan I am I ran… Read Full Review

Alexmitchell's Response to Liam thomas's Review

Written on: 12/08/2005

Good god you can tell this guy is an Oasis virgin! I recently went to the Manchester gig and experienced the same as usual - total chaos. After the barrier snapping upon the first surge of 20,000 rowdy Mancs I realised the boys are back in town.AFTER 7 HOURS OF WAITING they kicked off with turn up the sun and proceeded to nail a full set list of absolute tunes old and new. I was also cover is flying cups of urine and ended up on the floor 3 times- do you see me complaining,and you call yourself a hardcore Oasis fan! so final thoughts if you cant stand the fire get out of the kitchen and stop moaning!

Pixieofdoom's Response to Liam thomas's Review

Written on: 02/09/2005

But what did they SOUND like? What did they play? Were they good live?
<br>
<br>Frankly at a gig as big as that one, if you get near the barrier, you have to expect the rowdiness, the crowd pushing and the general bad behaviour. If you can't take it, stand back. You should have also expected the drunkenness considering the amount of time people spent waiting around, the typical Oasis audience and the bad weather in Manchester.
<br>
<br>Personally, I LOATHE large gigs as they never have quite the same ambiance, which is why I didn't go myself, but it would have been nice to have been told how the band were, rather than how the crowd were because Oasis have written some belting tunes in their day and played some pretty fantastic gigs.

“Oasis are responsible for one of the most amusing live...”

Written on: 06/01/2005 by Mindy (82 reviews written)

Oasis are responsible for one of the most amusing live gigs I've ever attended. It was 1995, they had yet to make much headway in the U.S. and instead of paying $18 to see the band at a tiny venue in Boston, we decided to spend $10 to see the band at an even tinier (and slightly grotty) venue in Providence, Rhode Island. Well chosen....

The band had on their best bad attitudes and rock 'n' roll snarls for the night. Liam stood in front of his mic sipping tea, acting completely uninterested… Read Full Review

“Oasis - Manchester Apollo (Ten years of noise and...”

Written on: 06/01/2005 by chrisw (22 reviews written)

Oasis - Manchester Apollo (Ten years of noise and confusion tour) I've seen Oasis quite a few times, but I'd have to say this is definitely one of the best. Not used to seeing them in intimate venues as due to the fan base they only usually play staduims and indoor arenas. It was a short tour to celebrate ten years of the band and therefore it was always going to be a greatest hits set, although they were expected to play a couple of songs from the forthcoming album Heathen Chemistry. The gig… Read Full Review