Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi Estate Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi Estate - Ask a question now

“I have driven 19,500 miles on my ford mondeo when the...”

Written on: 25/05/2010

I have driven 19,500 miles on my ford mondeo when the clutch went. During repairs found that the clutch slave cylinder and flywheel had also failed. Ford said clutch failing had caused failure of the three main parts, hence would not honour their warranty and I had to pay £1350 pounds for the repair. Had the slave cylinder failed first or the flywheel, then the entire cost of the repair would have been covered by the warranty.

Independent VOSA engineer assessed the damage as not originating… Read Full Review

“Oh dear! This car that I thought so wonderful went...”

Written on: 29/01/2010 by parkkeeper (5 reviews written)

Oh dear! This car that I thought so wonderful went into terminal decline at 4 years old! Everything started to go wrong and the dealership (Boston Ford) was taken over by Evans-Halshaw with a subsequent plunge in customer service. I couldn't believe a Ford main dealer didn't have an 18inch jig to work on the standard wheels on this car!!! Everything was bumping and knocking so badly at about 50,000 miles that I decided keeping it was going to be very expensive. Evans-Halshaw weren't interested… Read Full Review

“Nothing to say, only! ”

Written on: 28/05/2007 by steven st (1 review written)

Nothing to say, only!
You have to go to bed sometime full toy for the big boy.
I will not sell it for a Vectra, never again.
Bye bye Vauxhall, too many flashing lights on the dash, oil leaks, sensors… Read Full Review

“The Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi Estate Family Car is a...”

Written on: 04/11/2004 by parkkeeper (5 reviews written)

The Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi Estate Family Car is a fantastic new model. All the gizmos you could want, excellent performance (especially mid-range acceleration) and 40+ mpg economy overall. Everything on this car worked first time and there is a real quality feel to the car, inside and out… Read Full Review

Parkkeeper's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 01/12/2004

Just a quick update to say this car is living up to all my expectations - fast, comfortable and very economical. The speed (cruise) control is a delight to use. 3000 miles now completed and everything's still working ( I owned a Renault Laguna previously, so you understand my surprise!) The attention from the dealership (Boston Ford, UK) has been first class, unlike others I've dealt with, including Mercedes.

Ronniewood's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 30/07/2006

Just bought one and already impressed with the all round capability, especially when compared against the German trio who all want another £8-10k to come close in spec and performance. It's a seriously competent car and when you add the load lugging capability it's hard to beat. Look forward to getting some miles under my belt and see how it stands up to everyday use.

Parkkeeper's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

A further update! 20,000 miles on the clock and everything still works perfectly. Have had to have two new tyres on the front wheels (Continental at £130 each) but, given the performance, that was to be expected. Averaging 43mpg overall. I'm going to be keeping this car a long time it's so good - still quite rare on the roads I notice and I wonder why?

Malford's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 24/04/2006

I have owned my 54 Reg ST TDCi Estate for 4 months now and I still can't believe the performance & economy that this car delivers. The load space is ample for carrying around high chairs and buggies.
The heated front seats are superb at 06.00am and the quick clear just compliments the the car.
This is the first car i have owned with cruise control and I have found it very useful in these days of ever increasing speed camera's, I just set the CC and just point and worry no more about recieving a NIP in the post.
I was looking at further increasing the performance by fitting a BlueFin and K&N induction kit (£550).
This might happen once the car is out of warranty.
Improvement that could be made:
Rear Bumper loading scratch plate would be a good addition as rear bumper is easily scratched when loading pushchairs.
Problems: None
Would I buy another Mondeo ST TDCi: Yes please