Hyosung GV 125 Aquila Reviews

Hyosung GV 125 Aquila
Hyosung GV 125 Aquila

“Hyosung Aquila 125”

Written on: 30/01/2013

Have owned a 2010 model for the last 6 months all I can say is its brilliant, am new to biking and have read all the usual rubbish that about buying jap or british bikes,this bike is korean and they used to make parts for suzuki. I have no issues with the bike its rock solid and very good value for money I'm 15st and 6ft but this is a full size bike so its a great fit. Does 70mph but as u would expect on a 125 has a little trouble with very steep hills. Like many other reviews I can confirm… Read Full Review

Hammerstrike's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2014

What is the Fuel consumption ?

“Hyosung From New By Josh Oram”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by JoshOram (1 review written)

I Bought My Hyosung GV125C 11' Plate Brand Spanking New, Brilliant Bike To Start With The Best Learner Bike Anybody Could Ever Wish For Incredibly Forgiving And Although You Are Not Meant To I Had No Chicken Strips Left After I Was Finished With My First Set Of Tires, Had Quite A Few Issues With It. Grace (My Bike) First Started Corroding 2 Months After I Got Her Despite Properly Cleaning Waxing And Polishing Her But This Was Least Of My Worries With The Chain Coming Up Top Having To Replace… Read Full Review

“great bike”

Written on: 17/05/2012 by jimharley (1 review written)

I purchase this bike second hand for £1100. about five years ago. After 8000 miles its never let me down,other than a new brake cable. Have had great fun customising the bike [for little cost] and has given me miles of smiles. My plan was to buy a small bike, past my test and buy a bigger bike later,but I love the bike and decided to keep it It isnt the fastes of machines but it is a cruiser ,so just cruise… Read Full Review

“Hyosung GV 125 Cruiser”

Written on: 02/09/2011

This is my review of my 2007 Hyosung GV 125 Cruiser, owned for just over a year and ridden almost all year round (excluding snow). Some people may not have heard of Hyosung or indeed the GV125, which is less common than the Sports Roadster GT125. Many people assume that anything not European or Japanese is a cheap Chinese generic branded Jap copy. This is not true of Hyosung, a South Korean manufacturer producing it’s own machines that are a far cry from some cheap Chinese brands. The GV125… Read Full Review

Barada99's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2012

I own a GV125 and manage a happy 75MPH on the bike top speed, changed the sprockets and a decent chain on the bike, has reg oil and filter changes etc, changed the battery to a bosch one, changed the stock tyres and then the vibrations are nominal, if you keep these bike well maintained as you should with all bikes you will have no troubles, did a 500 mile round trip on mine and it purred al the way. if your new to bikes this due to its stability is a must; if you want to push up through the gears faster i reccomend using the ultra leaded petrol( note it wont give you a higher top speed but it will move up quicker) 220 plus miles on £17 thank you very much; look after your bike and you should not have any problems

Bobby06's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

Hi ,what sort of sprockets you put on.what brand tyres u change to.thank you.Bob.

“(Hyosung gv125) I dont no what some peoples problem...”

Written on: 21/05/2011

(Hyosung gv125) I dont no what some peoples problem are with these bike. I have had this for almost 2 months now and paid a grate £400 for it on a 2003 plate i have had no problems and its started 1st time evertime. Im trained as a bike mechanic and i do all the work on my bikes plus my mates bikes in the garage of my home. I have worked on honda cbr125, honda cg125, honda cb125 and lots more in the 125 range and all of my mates have used my bike to get them where they need to and back all they… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/06/2011

what size of battery is in the hyosung Aquila GV 125 because the battery in my one has been replaced and is not the right size. Couls you give me a rough idea on the size and code number on the battery so i know i get the right one. thanks

Gav21's Comment

Written on: 19/12/2011

The battery is a YTX9-BS and I would strongly advise buying a decent brand, such as Varta. I know this is more expensive, however I replaced mine at first with a cheaper one, which failed after two months. Since using a Varta, it seems to have a bit more grunt than its cheaper counterpart, and considering the alternator isn't the strongest, on a 125cc, this can help with general electrical niggles.

“I always liked the look of this bike and after reading...”

Written on: 20/05/2011

I always liked the look of this bike and after reading the reviews from this website I have purchased a second hand Hyosung GV 125 with 3000 km from new. Big Big mistake!!! After driveing it 150 km I have put this bike on sale and got myself a proper comuter(Honda dylan) witch I really love.
From first day I drove the Hyosung the engine stopped at every traffic light. The dealer opened the carburettor and discovered one of the jets in the carburettor was broken. He gave me 2 options.... 1 was… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/07/2011

Guess there are a few bad ones about. Maintenence is a big thing with these bikes, they are after all a crate bike, assembled by your local dealer, whoever he may be, and of course a V-Twin. Needless to say they vibrate. It sounds like you bought one that needed some tlc. As for the speed, a poorly lubricated chain, alone can shave a good 20mph off the top speed. Worn out plugs also can contribute. Sure you won't ever win Moto GP on one, but who buys a cruiser for that anyway.

Gav21's Comment

Written on: 19/12/2011

Both the comments to this post are true. Firstly yes for its 125cc's its a big bike, and if like some of us you add foot boards and a few other extra's the bike piles on the pounds. Personally I think its big bike looks and feel can lead some, who actually forget the engine size to expect more from these machines than they are capable of.

With regards to buying them either new or second hand, as a crate bike there are some pups out there. Any bike stood for a couple of years has probably got a few issues. A well lubricated chain and regular changing of the plugs is a must if you don't want to lose 20mph top speed on these cruisers. Don't forget the power band, certainly on mine doesn't kick in till about 8000 rpm and the higher up the rev range you go the more lively the bike becomes. High revs tends to mean more work for the plugs, more vibration from the engine, hence checking nuts and bolts is a must.

It seems like the dealer was at fault in your case for not checking the bike over before selling it.

Written on: 31/10/2011

I also got one that had not been used for a few years but with some hard work and time I have it running sweet now. I put a new sprocket front and rear, new chain cleaned the carbs with some carb spray form halfords new brake light a dam good clean and filled it up with the dear fuel and throw some red x in. And I have had about 60 to 70 mph out of it my only compliant is that it dose not like to run a cold motor start it with full choke and then drop it down to half.

“Bought our Hyosung GV 125 second hand from a dealer,...”

Written on: 05/04/2011 by Gav21 (2 reviews written)

Bought our Hyosung GV 125 second hand from a dealer, the paint was a bit flat and some of the Chrome tarnished. Within 4 days of owning it a nice car driver rear ended us, causing the bike to be off the road for 4 weeks, however the dealer managed to get the parts required easily, and the rear of the bike was rebuilt. Liberal coats of Autosol and Autoglym, and the bike looks fantastic, the extra chromes added by its original owner set the bike off really well, certainly looks worth way more… Read Full Review

Akingsail's Response to Gav21's Review

Written on: 10/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because he tells it how it is. The bike seems good value for money

Guest's Response to Gav21's Review

Written on: 05/07/2011

Having now had the bike for 5 months, still its going from strength to strength. Maintenence is a must with this bike, and to that end I have changed the fliters and plugs recently. Keep the chain lubricated, it sure helps with performance. Recently added cruiser pegs to the crash bars and the comfort factor has improved no end. It feels a lot bigger than its 125cc's suggests.

Performance wise its no Harley Roadking, all be it the looks are similar, if only on a smaller scale. I have had compliments from Harley, Indian and other custom bike riders for the look of this cruiser.

A genuine, if high maintenence Hardly Davidson, if ever there was one.

“Great looking bike, I'm always getting comments from...”

Written on: 23/03/2011

Great looking bike, I'm always getting comments from other drivers as to why I have L plates on what they think is a much more powerful bike. It is quite large and as a tall chap, 6 2" I can ride it without looking daft. Acceleration is what you would expect for a 125cc, but it handles great. Again as per other reviews it needs a weekly polish to keep the chrome in good nick. Polish regularly 20mins a week is better than a 2 hour special, once a month. A real head turner. Economy is fine , I… Read Full Review

Akingsail's Comment

Written on: 10/05/2011

It seems most of these Chinese bikes need a bit of looking after with regard to the chrome parts. Surely there's a longish term solution to keeping chrome rust free? Anyone know of one. Again this is a great review and is pursuading me that this is the bike for me. Thanks!

“I own a Hyosung Aquila GV125 (2010 model)since April...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

I own a Hyosung Aquila GV125 (2010 model)since April 2010 (bought it new)and I must say that I'm very pleased with it, so far.
I use it every single day for my job and cruising arround, except if it rains.

Built Quality: concerning the price it's quite good builted. Of course we have to have extra care of the crhomes because they have not a nickel layer under the chrome (the jap bikes have), so we must make sure to always keep the bike free from humidity to prevent spots of rust. If you ride… Read Full Review

Akingsail's Comment

Written on: 10/05/2011

When you pay the kind of money this bike makes second-hand, you can't expect a Harley. Those of us who like this style of bike were probably hippy types back in the 60's! Our racing days are long gone...

“I purchased my GV125 from a guy who owned it from new....”

Written on: 05/06/2010 by Bullcrap sniffer (1 review written)

I purchased my GV125 from a guy who owned it from new. He had no problems with it and the bike looked almost as new after 6000 miles. I find the ride really good and smooth, brakes are good, sounds quiet and it gets up to speed quite quickly and has not used any oil. Anyone who says they have bits falling off and breaking I think are Jap bike dealers just laying down poison. My bike is built like a tank and I would recommend to anyone. Keep your chrome polished and you cant go wrong. These… Read Full Review

Akingsail's Response to Bullcrap sniffer's Review

Written on: 10/05/2011

I do wonder if some reviews are written by those with a vested interest in Jap bikes. If you want a Jap bike, go pay the huge amount extra! If you want a bike that looks the part and you have to work on a bit, and your budget is mimited, then this could well be the bike for you.

“Very good bike, i got mine second hand for £1800 and...”

Written on: 29/04/2010

Very good bike, i got mine second hand for £1800 and havent regrettd it. It pulls of well for a bike its size and i manage to keep up with traffic and even go for the cheeky overtake.
However i dont know if its me but the chain needs to be adjustd often (4-6 weeks), but thats prob me slammn it from first to second. Also rust is an issue with chrome polish having to applied reguarly, but u know that when u buy it by jus lookin at it.
But the best part of this bike is that even though im a big… Read Full Review

“absolute bargain for the money! ”

Written on: 20/12/2009

absolute bargain for the money!
i love this bike so much. i have always had jinlun 125-11 but i saw this i bought it straight away!! its amazing!! i will never have a jinlun again (ever)
alot of japanese parts etc, spoke wheels. mines a 2004. i have a little issue though. when i ride at about 70mph for about 5 mins it cuts out??? i think its a fuel issue! if anyone could tell me the prob. but if i ride it a little slower its 100%. but im not bothered. i love the bike that much i dont really… Read Full Review

Baldeagle2006's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2010

hello mate the problem you have is the vacume fuel pump just needs a bit of a tweek mt mate had the same problem , he has just bought his second hyosung and loves them

“A good ride, has good "poke" for its size always turns...”

Written on: 05/10/2009

A good ride, has good "poke" for its size always turns heads but the Crome work is a concern, and I have had some electrical work done, new head lamp the old one did not light sufficiently, but always starts, "thats done it*… Read Full Review

“The Hyosung GV 125 Aquila is awsome, did me very...”

Written on: 17/09/2009

The Hyosung GV 125 Aquila is awsome, did me very pround. Had it for two years and never let me down… Read Full Review

“I bought the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike second hand...”

Written on: 01/08/2009

I bought the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike second hand from a friend. I rode a Hyosung for my CBT and looked to get another one for my first bike. I bought it with low mileage and was slightly concerned that i got it for such a low price but have not regretted it one bit.

The bike looks amazing I've had people comment on the fact that I'm riding a bike that's too big to have L plates on and wont believe me that its only a 125. It sounds awesome with the V twin and sits beautifully on the rode… Read Full Review

“Not expensive but it looks expensive, we love to ride...”

Written on: 29/05/2009

Not expensive but it looks expensive, we love to ride it both me and my son.(it`s my son`s bike) Hyosung GV 125 Aquila looks very nice, looks bigger than it is, this is very confortable bike and steady. The cromeplated metal parts are bad, they are extremely sensitive to rust(oxidation)… Read Full Review

Richmer's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2010

what can i do to make the chrome parts on my hyosung last longer?

“I have had the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike three weeks...”

Written on: 23/05/2009 by andyquinn1 (1 review written)

I have had the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike three weeks and I am always being asked all sorts of questions all good I might add. Its hard to give a review after such a short time but so far so good. MPG, comfort, road holding and the looks the bike gets. Will come back with some opinions in three months till then happy riding. … Read Full Review

“WOW, I bought this Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike and will...”

Written on: 04/05/2009

WOW, I bought this Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike and will not regret it. Very cheap to run and on the those open country roads you might wonder how you can get 70MPH (bear in mind very safe and straight country roads, i wouldnt want you thinking I was promoting stupidity)
The bike can corner very well and is very sturdy. I must admit, the bike weight is very heavy for a 125cc bike but feels solid and safe also… Read Full Review

“I chose between this Hyosung GV 125 Aquila, the...”

Written on: 24/04/2009

I chose between this Hyosung GV 125 Aquila, the Pioneer Nevada or the Honda Shadow, I'm glad i chose the right bike.

Ive had more comments on this bike from people mistaking it for a 600CC to the general looks of the bike.

Very economical to run and cheap on the road, it's an Iron Horse which gets the job done.

You wont regret buying it… Read Full Review

“Since I have owned the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike...”

Written on: 21/04/2009 by lunarmagoo (1 review written)

Since I have owned the Hyosung GV 125 Aquila bike (just under 2 years) I have had the following re-fitted to the bike:
2x Main wiring harness
2x Ignition housing
1x Near side Gear foot rest (snapped for no reason going down dual carriage way.......lucky not killed!!)
1x new cam chain kit
2x new carbs (old ones burned out after 1300 miles)
1x weld new exhaust
1x Full new engine
2x new nearside indicators
1x nearside handlebar (Snapped for no apparent reason....Lucky not killed.......AGAIN!)
New… Read Full Review

Bullcrap Sniffer's Response to 455403_lunarmagoo's Review

Written on: 05/06/2010

I found this review not helpful because...it all sounds totally implausible, these bikes are built like tanks. Probably neglect and then exaggerated somewhat.

Gav21's Response to 455403_lunarmagoo's Review

Written on: 19/03/2011

We must remember these bikes are shipped in crates, and assembled by God knows who, when we buy them. It goes without saying, there could be some poorly assembled examples out there. I bought one second hand and personally apart from lack of performance two up, I think its a great bike. It looks awesome, the V twin on a 125, makes it look bigger than it is, and I don't look or feel ridiculous on it. Ours came with a lot of extras, and to be honest looks like a mini Indian. Great bike, and great value.

Bristolhyo's Response to 455403_lunarmagoo's Review

Written on: 14/03/2011

I found this review not helpful because... I have a 2007 Gv125 and apart from some poor chrome issues I have had no problems with it at all. The engine build quality is fantastic and the bike is very comfortable and it has a fair amount of poke (for a 125).

Richarpo's Response to 455403_lunarmagoo's Review

Written on: 01/01/2011

Good to get a different perspective.