Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Top Hoster”

Written on: 20/04/2013

I have been with Fasthosts for 8 years using Webhosting, email hosting, domain reg and dedicated servers. I have always found them to be 1st Class, i don't know were these reviews come from. For me they are always extremely professional the support is excellent, its a reliable service and the products do what they say (unlike many other providers!). My business is as very successful online shop, it very successful, we wouldn't have achieved this if it wasn't for Fasthosts… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2013

Fake review!! Typical of Fasthosts to post this type review, giving themselves 5 stars. Eight years, REALLY, what took you so long to write a review? LOL

Is everyone else wrong?? Haha

“Great ISP”

Written on: 07/02/2013

Have been with these guys since 2008, after being with a few hosting providers I can assure you these guys are great. A really professional outfit.Good products, stable service and excellant service. Whenever I speak to fellow hosters they are of a similar opinion, i dont understnad where the negative feedback is coming from … Read Full Review

“The silence of contentment”

Written on: 01/02/2013

Must be just me. I have been with Fasthosts since the late nineties as a reseller. I have had very few issues in the 12 years and my clients are all happy with the service - albeit with me as the conduit contact. I had a query yesterday. Clicked on the chat button in support. asked a question - it was answered straight away. 30 seconds out of my life and no cost. It's hard to complain about that and it's typical of the service I have mostly experienced from fasthosts. I have previously used… Read Full Review

“Astonishing reviews”

Written on: 29/01/2013 by harrycornelius (1 review written)

I must admit to being astonished by all these reviews. I have been with Fasthosts for 3 years now, and host 45 websites with them including database driven sites with bells and whistles. Their support has always been first class, normally within the hour responses. Not sure what else to say!… Read Full Review

Fbridge's Response to harrycornelius's Review

Written on: 30/01/2013

don't be astonished - it really is like this when things go wrong. you probably are a good webmaster and do things properly - but if you make a mistake, lose some data, need some kit replaced perhaps in a special way then these guys are hopeless. unsympathetic, bound by unethical policy. i used them in 1997 because they were a young and dynamic company offering what was only available in the USA at the time but it was soon clear that despite their enthusiasm they couldn't keep a server up and running for long. i l left them for a small company with whom I've been with all these years and you get good personal service. if you get a couple of thousand page requests a day on your site then you don't need to go with the Asda boys of Internet hosting. Avoid 1&1 too :)

Harrycornelius's reply to Fbridge's Comment

Written on: 02/02/2013

OK, thanks for the warning. I am backing up all my database data weekly to my own computer as well as a weekly download of all files by FTP. I'd be interested to hear who you use, or what companies are favoured by the discerning community?

Fbridge's reply to Harrycornelius's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2013

I moved to Catalyst2 and have been there for over 10 years now.

“I am wondering if the 1 star reviews are written by...”

Written on: 23/03/2011

I am wondering if the 1 star reviews are written by people from other hosting companies. None of the problems bitterly listed are familiar to me. I have had all of my 20 odd websites at Fasthosts for 8 years and I have only occasionally had a problem. There is never downtime. There was one occasion when I had to change all of my passwords due to a security breach but warning emails were sent out beforehand. If I do need to contact them, I can get through to someone in tech support easily and… Read Full Review

Fhinternet's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2011

Thank you for your positive review.
<br/>Regards,
<br/>Technical Support

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2011

>I am wondering if the 1 star reviews are written by people from other hosting companies?

Then why don't they do the same to other companies here?

These are genuine reviews which is fairly obvious if you read the comments carefully. The service fasthosts give is absolutely TERRIBLE. No "magical" 5 star reviews of a highly dubious nature will change that.

This site is invaluable in showing the truth and I commend them.

“Very helpful and there when you need them. What more...”

Written on: 14/03/2011 by AndyAllan (1 review written)

Very helpful and there when you need them. What more do you want?… Read Full Review

Fhinternet's Response to AndyAllan's Review

Written on: 16/03/2011

Thank you for your positive review.
<br/>Customer Support

Expert123's Response to AndyAllan's Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

A plea for help or an actual review. I will let you decide!!

“Very helpful, friendly and patient support personnel”

Written on: 01/03/2011

Very helpful, friendly and patient support personnel… Read Full Review

“Well I have to say that having been a fasthosts...”

Written on: 02/02/2011

Well I have to say that having been a fasthosts customer for over 5 years I am very pleased with the service. They have worked hard to improve their support over the last few years, and pound for pound are the best value on the market.

I've tried lots of other hosting companies, and buying a cheap host never works out. The cheaper hosts pack too many customers onto their shared servers, resulting in other customers knocking your website down, this NEVER happens at fasthosts, in all the time… Read Full Review

Fhinternet's Comment

Written on: 02/02/2011

Hi Simon,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
<br/>King Regards,
<br/>Social Media Coordinator

Written on: 23/06/2012

Unbelievable. One positive 5 star review that conflicts with the 400 one star reviews.

How can you say something NEVER happens when clearly it does for 400 others.

Simon, I am so glad you have awakened from the coma, you have been in for the past 5 years. Can I just let you know that the iPhone 3 & 4 has been released.

And for the real facts, you can check out Nr2 Media's "up time" here

Mukerkeld's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2011

Hi Simon,
<br/>
<br/>Glad to hear that someone has had a positive experience.
<br/>
<br/>Are you using the same Fasthosts as the reviewrs who have posted on 7th February?

“I have been using Fasthosts for shared webmail, email...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

I have been using Fasthosts for shared webmail, email hosting and Dedicated Server services. Always very good and relaible, with excellent levels of support.

I don't understand the negative comments on many entries on review centre they are just not representative… Read Full Review

“Absolutely first class hosting provider, i have a...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

Absolutely first class hosting provider, i have a dedicated server withem and use theire shared webhosting an demail platforms.

I been in the industry for 10 years+ nad tried other providers but have always gone back to Fasthosts. Their products are strong and relaible, they have support staff on hand 24/7 that are always very helpful… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

Why did you leave? How could you leave!... another one in the unbelievable bucket!

Tell us what the site(s) is/are and then everyone can see how?

type in any site and look at who it has been with, and for how long. Also "uptime".

“I have a cheap dedicated server from fasthosts and...”

Written on: 27/11/2010

I have a cheap dedicated server from fasthosts and this service is great for the features it provides. I have maintained dedicated servers we have with a few hosting companies and use this for comparison. The level of control that fasthosts gives you over your dedicated server means that the technically proficient need barely ever contact technical support.

I don't know how fasthosts performs with its other services or usage cases but there is some evidence from the comments here that at least… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

It is one of those quite obvious but arrogant last comments that it so typical of a Fasthosts review. This is not purely about the "technology" it is all about customer service.

I am about the most technical person that there is walking. (sorry, other people do say, that if I don't know it, knowbody does)

I have installed and supported UNIX servers for the biggest companies in the world (AIG, Banks etc) before there was even dialup modems, and well before internet providers became more common than rats.

I have seen the birth of TCP/IP.. web/app/ and db servers.

I can only tell you that from my experience (26+ years experience) that this is the WORST COMPANY I have ever dealt with.

I CAN NOT GET RID OF THEM!

Reply to me, tell me where I am going wrong, please?

“Never had an issue in years, if you think other...”

Written on: 26/11/2010

Never had an issue in years, if you think other hosting companies are any better then think again… Read Full Review

“ It is very happy to work with such a strong proponent...”

Written on: 24/11/2010

It is very happy to work with such a strong proponent like unlimitedgb.com now my site is working clearly.

“A few months ago I purchased the business standard...”

Written on: 20/11/2010

A few months ago I purchased the business standard package as it seemed to meet my needs and was well priced. I subsequently read the reviews on this site and thought I had made a bad choice - I just hoped I didn't need any support..

Yesterday I did as my site was not working properly! Fortunately I got though quite quickly and was passed to techie who seemed to know his stuff. Turned out issue was mine (embarrassing) but soon had all working again.

Based on this experience and no issues… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

Out of the blue you managed to break something, but you don't know what it was (just techie), and no mention of what the issue was that got resolved... so we all have to guess why it was "embarrassing".

Well, I am embarrassed for you.... for posting a 5 star review for that embarrassing moment!

“A few months ago I purchased the business standard...”

Written on: 20/11/2010

Based on this experience and no issues… Read Full Review

“I have been using a Virtual Private server (2008R2,...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

I have been using a Virtual Private server (2008R2, 120Gb hdd, 3Gb and 2 proc's) with Fasthosts for a month now and like a few others, don't understand the negative reviews.

Its quick (damn quick in fact) and so far (touch wood) hasn't gone down. I have tested the server under the same load as our in house servers go through every day, hosting certain applications on the VPS using terminal services. In some cases the app published via terminal services out performs the in house servers by 20… Read Full Review

“I have been with Fasthosts for over 4 years now,...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

I have been with Fasthosts for over 4 years now, hosting my website and multiple domains with them. I recently moved my email to their Microsoft Exchange email service, which has been very fast and reliable.

I've had limited use of their technical support team, but when I have had to call them they have answered the call quickly and provided me with the help I needed.

Overall, I believe I've had good value for money from the service, which has been easy to use and very reliable… Read Full Review

“I am a long standing customer (Domain and dedicated...”

Written on: 06/11/2010

I am a long standing customer (Domain and dedicated server) and have been delighted with service. They are price competitive and the few times I have needed to call support they have been great - knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Don't understand all the negative comments… Read Full Review

“I am a long standing customer (Domain and dedicated...”

Written on: 06/11/2010

Don't understand all the negative comments… Read Full Review

“It's so clear that someone is putting up terrible...”

Written on: 02/11/2010

It's so clear that someone is putting up terrible reviews about Fasthosts, I ghost 10 domains and never had a single over a 5 year period… Read Full Review