Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Not a bad service!!”

Written on: 10/06/2011

I have been using Fasthosts for about 3 years now, although their customer service is a little slow, my experience havnt been to bad with them. I have 3 accounts, in one of them i have over 900 domains. Not as bad as you lot are making out to be honest… Read Full Review

Hayabslee's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2011

...and which department of Fasthosts do you work for? lol.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2011

Do you work for them then?

“The VPS hosting that I had with Fasthosts was set to...”

Written on: 03/05/2011 by tim8 (1 review written)

The VPS hosting that I had with Fasthosts was set to 'AutoRenewal' by default.

I no longer needed this hosting and at the renewal date, £420 was charged to my credit card for a further 12 months of hosting.

I immediately contacted Fasthosts to cancel my account but since I hadn't given the requisite 7 days notice, they refused to offer me any refund on the additional months that had been charged.

After reading some of the comments here, I was highly dubious as to whether or not a refund… Read Full Review

Fhinternet's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 04/05/2011

Hi Tim,
<br/>
<br/>Thanks for your positive comments. I will pass them onto Emma.
<br/>Kind regards,
<br/>Fasthosts Ltd.

Guest's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 15/06/2011

This review looks like a fake one.
I am sorry but my experience of customer service is reflective of the other *500* plus reviews giving them one star.

Who is right and who is wrong? I think the answer is bloody obvious.

Guest's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 26/05/2011

if Fasthosts are reading these reviews then why do they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

“Ive been using a Virtual server for coming up to 6...”

Written on: 09/04/2011

Ive been using a Virtual server for coming up to 6 months now and have had no problems at all.

I have had quick responses to technicial support queries and the performance of my server has been very good (so far no down time at all)

Written on: 11/04/2011

Hello,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your positive comments and we hope we continue to meet your expectations.
<br/>Kind regards,
<br/>Fasthosts Internet Ltd.

Expert123's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2012

Ha ha... commented on he or she's own review!

WHY WOULD FATHOSTS (yes delibrate) BE LOOKING TO SEE WHAT THEIR CUSTOMERS SAY, WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

mate you & your company have been reported to;

www.ombudsman-service.org
www.tradingstandards.gov.uk
www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog

Seriously I would start looking for another job.

“I have to write a few words here, because I simply do...”

Written on: 08/04/2011 by evangelist (1 review written)

I have to write a few words here, because I simply do not recognise the description of Fasthosts given by all those reviewers who are handing out one-star reviews.

I started using Fasthosts three years ago as a total web-design newbie (see my sites: e.g. www.meetjesustoday.co.uk). I found the site and software easy to use and the tech support people were helpful and efficient at solving any queries. I have had no problems with my website being unavailabe to view.

The only thing that took a… Read Full Review

“I'm not incredibly familiar with all the website...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

I'm not incredibly familiar with all the website stuff, I only vuagely understand that dns is something to do with a sofa sale but they are helpful when things go wrong and some idiot tries to get web forwarding to direct to a secure site *blush*… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/03/2011

Thank you for your positive review.
<br/>Fasthosts Internet Ltd.

“It is almost double than other hostings but it is...”

Written on: 22/02/2011

It is almost double than other hostings but it is reliable, we use them for approx 9 years and for 3 domains and e-mails, all for bussiness. Yes, you wait a bit on the phone but they know what they are doing. Also they answer to e-mails in 24h, every time we had a prob they sorted it. Well try to call British Airways or Monarch or Thomas Cook - 20 min minimum you have to wait. The charge on that tel nbr is at national rate. This is just symbolic, to deter time-waisters not to keep the line… Read Full Review

563042_Albet789's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2011

What happens if they don't answer your e-mails in 24 hours?

Albet789's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2011

What happens if they don't answer your e-mails in 24 hours?

“Been hosting a number of websites and managed lots of...”

Written on: 28/11/2010

Been hosting a number of websites and managed lots of domains with Fasthosts since 2007 and overall they've been pretty good. Only had 1 period of site being offline I can remember and it was no more than an hour or so.

Overall not the cheapest but good

“I've used fasthosts for a couple of years now and...”

Written on: 31/10/2010

I've used fasthosts for a couple of years now and theyve been great, theyre on the end of the phone if i need them which is better than others i've used, pretty decent value for money I'd say… Read Full Review

“Been with Fasthosts Windows hosting for about 8 years,...”

Written on: 21/09/2010

Been with Fasthosts Windows hosting for about 8 years, initially using their shared hosting, in the last couple of years swapped to a dedicated Windows 2003 server.

Support has been excellent (always answer e-mails promptly and immediately show an understanding whatever the issue is).

Notice others have had admin problems with them, never had issues, and we've had some complex purchase arrangements!

Only downside has been quirkiness in their control panel, but this has recently been upgraded… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/10/2010

I work for Fasthosts Support and thank you for your positive review.

“I've had an account with Fasthosts for about 4 years...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

I've had an account with Fasthosts for about 4 years now, it's hosting a fairly simple website and a couple of email addresses , about a year ago I set up an exchange email address to use on my phone. Had a few problems with the basic emails once or twice , but these seemed to sort themselves out. The extra exchange address has been great!… Read Full Review

“I've been with fasthosts since 2001 and host at least...”

Written on: 14/05/2010

I've been with fasthosts since 2001 and host at least 100 domains under a reseller account.

Despite all the bad comments (most of them I agree with) I must say that if you manage your account properly and don't 'miss' payments by 8 days etc. etc. and also know what you're doing then you can't beat 50 quid a month to host over a hundered domains. I have many sites with google page ranks of 4 and above hosted on the fasthosts servers. I have been caught out by their billing numerous times and… Read Full Review

“I have had websites through Fasthost for many years...”

Written on: 24/03/2010

I have had websites through Fasthost for many years and still have active domains with them. the control panel is easy to use and to more to the point configuring email accounts and the like is simple and straightforward.

I have called the Support line a couple of times re configuring email through my home ISP and they did respond with a script but when prompted they found the error on their side and corrected it immediately.

Unlike all the "anonymous" hate posts, i have tried to be… Read Full Review

“I have been a Fasthosts reseller for around 10 years,...”

Written on: 15/02/2009 by tim masters (1 review written)

I have been a Fasthosts reseller for around 10 years, and have not had any cause for complaint. I am not a techie, but I find their telephone support pretty good most of the time. They answer pretty quickly too.

I have had no billing issues with them and never had a single website go down (I host a number of them).
No complaints whatsoever.

TM… Read Full Review

“I have been using Fast Hosts for hosting for about 4...”

Written on: 10/02/2009 by Nigel Buckner (1 review written)

I have been using Fast Hosts for hosting for about 4 years plus. During this time I have found the service to quite adequate.

I know there seems to be a lot of bad reviews out there but this is not my overall experience with them. Occasionally there has been some glitches for me when uploading in the early hours but I presume this may be the time when they do maintenance.

When I have had problems with the service I have emailed and phoned with enquiries and found the response to be good.

My only… Read Full Review

“I have to redress the balance based on my own...”

Written on: 06/11/2008

I have to redress the balance based on my own experience. Not new to hosting, but I had occasion to use the email support at Fasthosts after only 4 months. They replied within 1 hour, having sorted the problem and even refunded a charge which wasn't actually their fault - so full marks to them… Read Full Review

“The only people who leave comments on a site like this...”

Written on: 09/10/2008

The only people who leave comments on a site like this are normally people that have bad experiences with a company. I've used a lot of different hosting companies and I now exclusively use fasthosts and I can honestly say they are no better or worse than any other company I've used. The customer service is unhelpful I find, but they are cheap... and at the end of the day thats what most people want, if you want good customer service you have to pay a lot more than a couple of quid a month… Read Full Review

Guest1976's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2009

This is in some ways true as have experienced both fasthosts and 1&1 but I now host with a great hosting supplier who is not as big & well advertised but has provided me with nothing but help, support and good uptime since I have been with them and am not paying any more than I did with Fasthosts or 1and1.
<br/>
<br/>Worth reading the reviews as the ones about my hosting provider are all true and happy to recommend them.

“I have used Fasthosts for 3 years now and I cannot...”

Written on: 09/07/2008 by jack90 (1 review written)

I have used Fasthosts for 3 years now and I cannot fault them. They reply quickly to e-mail inquires and the staff are very helpful. Just wished they had a hosting package for more than one website which was reasonably priced for me… Read Full Review

“Yes they have had problems with passwords lately. ”

Written on: 07/12/2007 by Bulseft (1 review written)

Yes they have had problems with passwords lately.

But if you contact customer support (yes I know, 51 in queue) when you finally get through they helped me big time. The password problem stopped me from buying a domain I wanted but then after the phone call they reset and gave me new passwords over the phone.

In fact I was given the option to reset my fasthosts account and my ukreg account.

Anyway I wont change supplier until I have a problem that causes me disruption. Currently there only… Read Full Review

“I have been with Fasthosts for a over 2 years and have...”

Written on: 23/08/2007 by bainsh (1 review written)

I have been with Fasthosts for a over 2 years and have never ever had a problem with them. I have not got a business that relies on the site being up all the time but my site has never been down for longer than a day max, and Fasthost always drop me an email to advise when this may happen.
Recently, my webspace has been doubled at no extra cost, my advanced mailbox size has gone from 100MB to 1 GB. Instead of 3 of these, I now have 5. Add the 200 regular mailboxes...very impressive. I also have… Read Full Review

“I've been with many of the other nightmare hosting...”

Written on: 07/08/2007 by secretceleb (3 reviews written)

I've been with many of the other nightmare hosting companies (see webfusion, 123-reg) etc. 123-reg even started using my credit card to make domain renewals without my authorisation, but that's another story.
Fasthosts are not in this category. Their hosting is upfront. They are not out to get more money from you.
I've encountered NO problems after 2 years and have transferred new accounts in to them.
I recommend Fast hosts for a good, consistent low priced hosting from a large company.
Go with… Read Full Review