Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Reviews

Fasthosts Internet  www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Unreliable”

Written on: 04/01/2014 by newheart2005 (2 reviews written)

Today Fasthosts is down. Completely. Their DNS servers are also down. Which means my eCommerce web sites are down and I am losing income. This is not the first time there have been problems with their DNS servers, and these are crucial to the health of any web site. They might be cheap but they are too unreliable. I would host elsewhere… Read Full Review

“Horrible! I bought it yesterday and left a closure...”

Written on: 22/02/2011

Horrible! I bought it yesterday and left a closure ticket last night and i still have no reply, i wouldn't dare recommend this to anyone.

What irritated me the most was the fact that they don't even reply to closure tickets, I'm 7 days within my contract so I'm aloud, their service takes far too long for a reply. I wouldn't have even bought it, if i knew i had a 12 month contract with them, and then they renew it automatically, giving you no chance to terminate it.

I also would of liked to… Read Full Review

“Dreadful customer support for ISP customers. There is...”

Written on: 20/02/2011

Dreadful customer support for ISP customers. There is no access to the broad band team at all, you can ony speak to some helpless, useless reps in the Philippines that must hate their jobs as they have been instructed to do nothing and know nothing. If there is a crash over a weekend, tough luck;nothing will happen till someone wakes up and sees the pattern of outages sometime on Monday. Very quick to blame BT for everything… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/02/2011

<br/>
<br/>My name is James and I word for Fasthosts. If you could email your ADSL issue details to twitter@fasthosts.com (inc. Fasthosts account number) and we'll investigate this for you.
<br/>Thank you,
<br/>James

“I thought it was because I had so many emails, in...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

I thought it was because I had so many emails, in desperation I googled fasthosts webmail error and saw it wasn't just me having problems and that I wasn't the only one stuck on hold. This seems to be more and more of a problem and last week my emails also stopped downloading to my blackberry because of a server problem. As a self-employed business woman, I could be losing contacts and contracts due to the fact I can't do something as basic as check my emails. I am definitely looking to change… Read Full Review

<br/>
<br/>My name is James and I work for Fasthosts. We understand that email is vital for our customers particularly those who are self-employed. I apologise for the email service you've been receiving and can only state that we are doing all we can to provide a better service in the future and investing time and money into building a much more stable hosting platform.
<br/>James

“When it works it's fine and I have had only a little...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

When it works it's fine and I have had only a little trouble until recently, but of late it has been simply dreadful. Out on Thursday and most of Friday and now again today. If I knew how to move to a more reliable service I would do it today! They claim to be the UK's number 1 and this is what they claim on their website "Our services are so reliable and easy to use, that less than 10% of our customers ever need to contact us." Really?
If I ran my little business like this I'd be bust now!… Read Full Review

“Lots of my clients are ringing this week wanting to...”

Written on: 04/02/2011 by isitjustme (2 reviews written)

Lots of my clients are ringing this week wanting to know why their emails have stopped working.

My reseller support tickets are not getting a response.

I know that a guy called James from Fasthosts is responding to comments on here, so please can you let us know if your company has any problems we should know about as the service has deteriorated substantially recently.

Do we need to find another provider? It seems I might have a better chance of getting answers here than via the route I am… Read Full Review

Peterpork's Response to isitjustme's Review

Written on: 07/02/2011

Agree with everything you and others are saying here. I am also upset having recommended FH to many others over the years. Email failures seem to be commonplace now. I found this review site whilst searching for known issues as their support site is not working! I probably won't be able to submit this comment as I need to receive a confirmation email to sign up!

Fhinternet's Response to isitjustme's Review

<br/>Hello,
<br/>
<br/>My name is James and I work at Fasthosts. We fully understand that the recent email outages are unacceptable and are making all the necessary changes to nesure we improve our service going forward. I try to monitor review centre every day but you may find it easy to get hold of us via our Twitter or Facebook pages if your are struggling to get through to support.
<br/>twitter.com/fasthosts
<br/>facebook.com/fasthostsinternet
<br/>James

“I have no problem with Fasthosts. I did once have a...”

Written on: 25/01/2011

I have no problem with Fasthosts. I did once have a call from the cheekiest tnuc (read backwards) in the world and almost pulled my account but decided not to at the last minute but only because of the work it involved. If I'd had a secretary I would have moved all my accounts with Fasthosts. The guy's name? Jonathan Burns. My advice is to avoid this toss pot like the plague. Otherwise, Fasthosts are fine to deal with and I got the impression he was a one off. If anyone knows him though, do… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/01/2011

<br/>
<br/>I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Fasthosts. The employee your mentioned has not worked at Fasthosts for over a year, hopefully you have found the current support agents much more helpful and courteous.
<br/>James

“If you never had any issues with your website with...”

Written on: 09/12/2010

If you never had any issues with your website with Fasthosts then you may think it is decent company to use. It is when you need to talk to them about bills or technical issues you would look for a brick wall to bang your head against.

I have been with them for about 6 years, hosting multiple websites. I build web applications and websites with database connectivity and new PHP/.NET frameworks. Whenever I had any technical issues and give them a call on their premium 0845 number, I… Read Full Review

“I have been with fasthost for 2 years. When I decided...”

Written on: 25/07/2010

I have been with fasthost for 2 years. When I decided to close the account down I stall have been charge from my Debit Card. Because they dont use Direct Debit I was unable to cancell it. Have contacted Customer Support, they were unable to find my account or see any ongoing payment, what a mess!! Month after no change- paymants still been taken off the account! Support contacted- will pass to cancellation team, and againt still can't see any prev requests. Payments still been taken off the… Read Full Review

Topster87's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2010

I think I can help you. I am in the same situation. One thing you can do is say to your bank you've lost your card, they re-issue you a new one with a different unique card number. Hey presto you stop fasthosts taking your money!! It works as I have done it by mistake in the past when my account got upgraded.

“I took advice from my website developer to use...”

Written on: 26/08/2009

I took advice from my website developer to use Fasthosts and was very happy with the level of technical support that was given. On being e-mailed an invoice from Fasthosts for the next year I contacted them to say that my company had folded and that I will no longer run a website, so wished to cancel the agreement. No such luck. Fasthosts won't refund so I have now paid for the next year but will not be using their services. Fasthosts approach is quite disingenuous - you can see from other… Read Full Review

“Some of the comments here about Fast Hosts are a bit...”

Written on: 25/06/2009 by Derichleau (2 reviews written)

Some of the comments here about Fast Hosts are a bit unjust. I've been a customer of Fasthosts on and off for over 10 years. I think they are expensive, and I tend to agree with the person who said that the MySQL server database was slow as that's the opinion I get - which is why I'm looking around. The person who said that his scripts didn't work probably doesn't know what he's doing as I've never had a problem with my ASP scripts. They are breaking the law though by opting you in to… Read Full Review

“Whilst writing this review I am on hold to Fasthosts...”

Written on: 29/01/2008 by thegreatgwin (1 review written)

Whilst writing this review I am on hold to Fasthosts support. It has been 1hr 4minutes and counting. After using their INSTANT sign up, I was told to wait and would receive a phone call from their staff within the next 15minutes. After 1 hour and still no phone call received, I decided to call their customer support number.

I was told for the first 20minutes of waiting that I was in queue position 2. I have now been at queue position 1 for the last 45+ minutes.

Also NO email regarding my… Read Full Review

“But came back from holidays and fasthosts is down,...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by dmcwebd (1 review written)

But came back from holidays and fasthosts is down, can't access anything, ftp is also down but my site is not down. This sucks, i have to upload a new company's site and boss is getting mad, but because of fasthosts. They should give us compensations :D… Read Full Review

Stevieb123's Response to dmcwebd's Review

Written on: 09/01/2007

I have a website hosted with Fasthosts.
<br/>
<br/>Their technical support is very poor, their uptime is terrible. I am looking for a new partner. Currently my site is down, SQL is down and email is down!!!

“I set up a test domain so I could check the...”

Written on: 25/07/2006 by StewartHR1 (1 review written)

I set up a test domain so I could check the performance of FastHosts before transferring my main website. I wanted something that had a bit more storage than my current host, provided perl and .NET, and had a generous bandwidth allowance. I bought their "Business Hosting" package.

Setting up the site was fairly straightforward. I used FTP to upload pages, and set up scripts. However, it was immediately obvious that pages were very slow to load. I used iWebTool to check the server speed. On… Read Full Review