Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope Reviews

Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope

Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope
Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope

“Nikko Stirling 4-12x50 ao ir ”

Written on: 29/07/2010

Nikko Stirling 4-12x50 ao ir
This is a truly awful scope. It is impossible to get a good clear image, if you move your eye around when looking through it you get ghost images. There is severe barell distortion. The parallax marks are a true work of fiction. The reticule is illuminated from the top right leaving a shadow on the lower left. This places the zero point slightly to the right. There is a ring of the coloured light around the edge of the field of view which is very distracting. The… Read Full Review

“i bought this Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical...”

Written on: 23/06/2009 by geertj02 (2 reviews written)

i bought this Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope second hand having sat unused in its box since new. i went to bore site it after receiving and mounting it to find that when the wind age adjustment was rotated the cross hairs would turn.
seen as it was outside of warranty etc. i decided i had nothing to lose in investigating the cause. internally i was quite impressed with the quality of workmanship finish wise but i don't thing the tolerances they stick to are terribly… Read Full Review

“I received my Nikko Stirling New Gold Crown Tactical...”

Written on: 17/01/2004 by PJAG (4 reviews written)

I received my Nikko Stirling New Gold Crown Tactical (ill. reticle) 4-12x50 from B.A.R. a few days ago, put it on my TX200MkIII, zeroed it and ended up with a deadly combination.
For £81.95 you get:
- 4-12 magnification power range,
- 50mm objective,
- illuminated reticle (with coin style battery),
- flip-up lens covers and
- a lens polishing cloth
Build quality of my Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 (firefly reticle) is quite better than this Nikko. For instance: after approximately ten shots… Read Full Review

Bluehazeman's Response to PJAG's Review

Written on: 21/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because... it`s unbiased and accurate poiting out some things that maybe non experienced shooters don`t know, i`d certainly rather base my buying decision on this than a salesman as i`m looking at buying a 2`nd hand one now so this review has just abot filled in all the blanks for me and hopefully i`ll get the scope.

“I have just changed my old 4X32 Tasco scope for this...”

Written on: 27/10/2003 by tavy (2 reviews written)

I have just changed my old 4X32 Tasco scope for this Nikko Stirling Gold Crown Tactical 4-12x50 Scope which is an amazing beast! My long vision is not good and I wanted something with greater flexibility. This scope has it all. I saw one in a shop for £155 and managed to pick mine up for only £87 - almost half price! If someone had said to me it was £200 I would not have complained! Once zeroed it is pinpoint accurate, with very easy to use windage and elavation turrets. Rose hips at a true… Read Full Review

Pjag's Response to tavy's Review

Written on: 03/12/2003

Tavy,
<br>I was wondering what mounts you use on your 52, is it a dampa mount? Could you tell what the approximate clearance between objective lens and piston housing is?
<br>You see, I'm a bit concerned with the height of the mount necessary for this 50mm beast. I always liked my scope to be close to the barrel, but on the other hand, it has target turrets, right? So shooting at variable distances won't cause much problems, I guess.
<br>Thanks in advance.

Bullseye74768282's Response to tavy's Review

Written on: 14/12/2003

I own the Nikko Gold Crown 4-12x42 PX but I cant find a sunshade anywhere for it do you have any idea where I might get one?

Tavy's Response to tavy's Review

Written on: 14/12/2003

I use the RWS droop compensated 1 piece mounts and there is at least 8-10mm clearence between scope and piston houseing, so no problem there. If you tighten the mounts to the scope rail correctly they'll remain rock solid with no creep at all. I would say this scope and the 52 is an unbeatable combination.