Blackpool Pleasure Beach Reviews

Summary

Read reviews of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, find the best rides and what you need to know before you go.
Location South Promenade Blackpool.
Directions M55 Junction 4.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Ask a question now

“terrible ”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by TobyJames357 (1 review written)

First time visiting blackpool pleasure beach and will be most definitely be the last poor value for money and the staff are a joke!!!!… Read Full Review

“Blackpool pleasure Beach”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by sfpratt (1 review written)

We went in August 2014. Spent too long queuing for rides (40 mins). Never will visit a theme park again in school holidays or summer. Also, very annoyed with their stupid policy of no pack lunches allowed and was forced to pay £4.50 for locker. Be warned - security guards search your bags and will not let you in if they find a packed lunch, so try hiding sandwiches in little pockets if you can!!… Read Full Review

“ absolutely brilliant ”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by dawny48 (1 review written)

We all had a fantastic day out, didn't have to queue to long for the rides, not like a day out at Alton towers which i would not recommended to anybody. Great price, and at half the price of Alton towers. Highly recommended… Read Full Review

“Grossly overpriced. Stupid entry fee.”

Written on: 31/03/2014

Visited the park yesterday with a group. One of our group was in her 80s and we wanted her to be able to join us on the sedate rides, we brough wrist bands. She had to pay £6 just to get through the gate and then had to purchase 7 TOKENS FOR WALLACE AND GROMIT AND YET MORE JUST TO RIDE THE GHOST TRAIN!!!!!!!!!! This was taking the mickey as far as we were concerned. The park itself needs a lot of work doing to it, the Grand National looked so tatty and neglected as did the Big dipper which… Read Full Review

“Exspensive dive”

Written on: 31/08/2013

Me and my husband wanted our two young children to experience blackpool for the first time although they through,y enjoyed there day saying blackpool is sweetie land, we were both disgusted at the price of the please beach £100 it would of costed us to get on the rides etc but decided on the cheaper option and pay the rides individually we left blackpool feeling like we should of gone to Alton Towers as its £20 cheaper and the rides are better quality by far! All in all a very disappointing… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/03/2014

Paying for rides individually is definitely not the cheaper option (unless you only want to do one ride).
The entrance price (for a wristband) is far cheaper than the price to enter Alton Towers so I don't know where you are coming from on that one.

You can't expect value from using ride tickets - wristbands are brilliant value, allowing you to ride the rides all day much like entering at Alton Towers (apart from the fact that you can get on a lot more rides at Blackpool, and they are better).

I consider this an unfair review to be honest, you can't expect good value yet not buy a wristband.

Corkish83's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2014

What if you haven't got a spare £100 in your back pocket? Even if we did doubt we'd get a whole day out of ! we paid £30 and got quite a few rides in so more than one ride thanks!

Everything was expensive even blackpool tower prices are high , I remember it be far more reasonable you've got to also take into account feeding the kids and yourselves little trinkets that the kids like etc etc

There are more great kiddie rides I'll give you that seeing as my kids are little 7 and five . But £100 just for the pleasure beach and that's it doesn't sit right with me for that much I want to be able to feed and let my kids buy a trinket or two.

“Horrendous”

Written on: 26/08/2013

I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on 25th July. We travelled as a group of 10 from Bradford to Blackpool. We left here at 7am and got there for 10am. When we got to the Pleasure beach we went to go in through the security gates. The Lady guard wasn't going to let me or my fiance in because we had 4 sandwiches in our bags. We explained my fiance is Diabetic so they are made for him and they are for us going home. In the end she lets us in but not before she started shouting at me and accused me… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/03/2014

An unfortunate occurrence, in my opinion it sounds like the staff member in question was on a power trip.
Did you email or phone the park when you got home - you might have got a refund that way.

Charliebaby's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2014

of course i emailed and phoned.. they were just as horrendous and the idiot at the skating arena needs to be sacked.

The whole place has went down hill alot since i used to go there.. i will never ever go back ... infact they would have to pay me to go back... for the whole group too.

“Dis-organised chaos”

Written on: 15/08/2013 by opeths_ghost (1 review written)

I have been going to the pleasure beach since I was about 8 yrs old and I have always loved the place. I am now 43 and after taking my family for the day yesterday my whole attitude to the place has changed. The friendly feel has gone, it it's place are security guards. We first lined up for about 35 mins only to get within touching distance of the counter when we where redirected to another line, a coach load of people got off in front of us, joined the line and so we where forced back about… Read Full Review

“horrible”

Written on: 15/08/2013

queue for hours, but worst of all is the intrusion of the bag search, do NOT go!… Read Full Review

“ppl who cant go on enything”

Written on: 11/04/2013

l have to pay to go in park with my family as l cant be on my own as l take fits cant ear to well or see l dont think fare as l feel down as it with been ill l think ppl like me soulding have to pay as wee cant injoy our self in park… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

Most theme parks still charge full price entry regardless of whether or not you can go on/are going on rides, Pleasure Beach is quite considerate to offer a considerably cheaper option to people who want to enter but not go on rides.
It was once free for all I know, but this way has made the park much more secure and safe to be in, and a much nicer place.

Charliebaby's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2013

Coasterjamie they ain't that great, They are rude and they have horrendous attitudes to. They cannot cope with people with disabilities very well either. I know from first hand on that one

“Amazing Rides And Attractions!!”

Written on: 16/03/2013

Blackpool pleasure beach is by far the best theme/ amusement park in the UK in most peoples opinion. It is now cleaner than ever and there is plenty to do weather you want to ride the pepsi max big one, one of the tallest, fastest, steepest roller coasters in the world or go for the smaller rides in the uk's only nickelodeon land. There is a huge range of rides, food and other attractions which stops you from getting bored. The pleasure beach now has an entry fee which stops any trouble makers… Read Full Review

“NOT SO GOOD PLEASURE BEACH BLACKPOOL”

Written on: 14/02/2013

Its just a pitty the pleasure beach blackpool dont look after good staff that have put sweat and blood into it for years, mr G Thompson and his mother Doris put staff first god bless them both, all staff was behind them 100% thats when it was busy.And a member of staff was a member of a team that pulled together and made the park what it is today… Read Full Review

“Start Saving money at the Pleasure Beach”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by Sarah156 (1 review written)

Every year I go with my family to the pleasure beach. We love going and the kids love going on all the rides and buying souvenirs. We have noticed that the prices are slowly rising but I have just found a new app on my phone called Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It gives different offers for the park and I like that I can navigate around the park using my phone so that I don't have to carry a map. I thought it would be good to share with everyone so that they can get the most out of their money… Read Full Review

“Very poor value for money”

Written on: 24/10/2012 by Gem-82 (1 review written)

Although I bought wristbands online for £20 each I feel as though we did not get good value for money as my eldest son only got to go on 3 rides and myself and my youngest sons only got to go on a few rides in Nickelodeon land as queues were very long and had a very long wait for them. To get to go on more rides and get value for money you would need to spend all day there. Next time I go to blackpool I will not be visiting the pleasure beach… Read Full Review

Coasterjamie's Response to Gem-82's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is a theme park. You are supposed to (and most people do) stay all day there, as you have paid for a wristband you should be staying on park for as long as possible.
Personally I think that £20 for a whole day of riding is exceptional value for money, especially as the rides at Pleasure Beach rival that of any other park in the UK!

“Poor value or money ”

Written on: 18/10/2012

Blackpool Plesure Beach is an enjoyable attraction in Blackpool but you spend more time queing than on rides. There are a good selection of rides for everyone, however the wrist band price on the door of £35.00 for one adult is excessive if you have a larger family and you are not likely to get your moneysworth due to horndous ques especially for rides like Avelanche, Nickelodeon Streak and The Bign One. You need to be there all day to get your moneysworth if you get an adult wristband… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

To be honest, most people do stay in theme parks all day once they have paid for entry to the park and rides.
You have to expect queues at theme parks, but in my experience the queues at Blackpool Pleasure Beach are considerably smaller than that of other leading theme parks (such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park).

“family trip”

Written on: 11/10/2012

Me and my husband with our two 10 year old sons visited blackpool as a day out in july. In my teen years my family took us all to blackpool pleasure beach theme park and I absolutely loved it. So I decided to take my sons, we all enjoyed it. We went on a school day which ment we had no waiting to get on rides. We bought a family ticket for £91 which ment we could spend money on lunch outside the park. the atmosphere was lovely. really was a faboulsous day. However the bag search at the gates… Read Full Review

“watch out for thieves”

Written on: 19/09/2012 by Reviewbyme (1 review written)

I had a handbag stolen, the security were not interested, they were useless. I e mailed what was stolen , I never got a reply.be very careful, do not leave belongings near a ride you go on.they only tell you that it's unlucky and in future leave your clothes, bags, etc. at the gate!… Read Full Review

“food ban long waits”

Written on: 31/08/2012 by joefromthehills (1 review written)

After paying £100 for family of 4 for Blackpool Pleasure Beach(£140 if not booked in advance on internet) you are then told you have to go through 'security' this is a sham in order for them to search you and rummage through your bags for food. If they find any food you are refused entry even if you have paid. Note this is done AFTER you have queued and paid for your ticket no warning is given that this might happen. When you get in if you haven't paid extra for 'que jumping' it will take… Read Full Review

“improvements and what i love !!!!!”

Written on: 02/08/2012

I think on the website you should have a staff page of the staff 1st and 2nd name so if we have complaints/comments/compliments on that person we can say exactly who it was, e.g, i just got back from blackpool wanting to email them to compliment on the 2 guys working at the infusing yesterday 1st august one was called Jordan but i there might be more than 1 Jordan there (p.s - if you know his last name please tell me because i have nice things to say about him!!!!) I love the Infusion, Big one… Read Full Review

“Good day out but be prepared to do a lot of waiting around”

Written on: 12/04/2012

Blackpool pleasure beach is a really good day out. There are rides for every age and the whole park is very clean. All the eating areas are done lovely,I did however think that the sales of alcohol was a little to much. It was sold in every kiosk nearly!! The only problem we did have was time it took to get on the rides as the ques were not really that long they just seemed to take ages to get everyone one on and off. Some of the carriages were going out half empty! Also getting food and… Read Full Review

“AMAZING!!! Brilliant rides and great shows!”

Written on: 03/12/2011 by coasterjamie (19 reviews written)

Pleasure beach blackpool is simply AMAZING!!! The quality and amount of rides is unbelievably good! While it may seem expensive at first remember that you can go on the rides all day and the queues (unless at peak times)are around 20 minutes at the longest! At the busiest time I queued 35 minutes for the pepsi max big one, but it is worth a longer queue than that, it is fantastic! While the big one tops every other ride, there is one ride that beats it for me. VALHALLA is an amazing water ride… Read Full Review