Opodo Reviews - www.opodo.com

348
Opodo www.opodo.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Opodo www.opodo.com

Opodo www.opodo.com

“Booked a flight to Harare and no ticket was...”

Written on: 26/08/2015 by Erikap90 (1 review written)

Booked a flight to Harare and no ticket was issued.Still no refund has been issued. Caled several times only to be told the money will be in my account in the 2 days,it's now 6 days. Please do not use opodo… Read Full Review

“Do not use opodo customer service is non existent ”

Written on: 23/08/2015 by CorbinHarrington (1 review written)

I tried to rebook a flight as I had a family emergency and did not get a reply from them for 12 days after my flight had past… Read Full Review

“Dubious trading practices by Opodo”

Written on: 20/08/2015

Opodo recently advertised a 15 euro discount voucher for flights (OP15EURO) on one of its many European website. As some flights cost only a few euros, I was able to make a booking for a Ryanair flight from Dortmund to London for 0.57€ (15.57€ for the flight - 15€ voucher). The voucher was accepted without problems during the booking process. All the way up to the final payment page, the Opodo website showed a total price of 0.57€ when paying by American Express. Other payment options… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They don't care.”

Written on: 20/08/2015 by DeeganDowney380 (1 review written)

My friend who is Ukrainian asked me to buy a ticket for his girlfriend to fly back to the Ukraine as they can't read English and so therefore were unable to do it themselves. I shopped around and found a reasonably priced ticket with Opodo. I made the reservation and the e-ticket got emailed to us. However, I had made an error with the surname and accidentally put the issuing place name as her surname instead of her actual surname. Not recognising it as a place, it hadn't clicked with me what I… Read Full Review

“Baggage Charges!”

Written on: 17/08/2015 by Lanaw1964 (1 review written)

Having booked flights through Opodo weeks before departure we found that they had failed to pay BA £20 (Opodo charge £33) for our single checkin bag. We were then forced to pay BA £40 for checking it in at their desk (online its £20). When I tried getting compensation from Opodo, their 'customer services' would not answer the phone OR they would redirect the call and cut off! They also tried to use idiot excuses to avoid the compensation. After several weeks I am still waiting for the… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We are sorry if your experience was not entirely satisfactory on this occasion.

Could you please provide us your booking reference code?

Thank you.

Liv - Opodo

“PLEASE READ REVIEWS BEFORE USING THIS COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 16/08/2015 by swerve44 (1 review written)

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. This site is a total c.o.n and you will loose your money if you are not careful!!. We have just tried to use this so called company to book flights for our up coming holiday. Twice when we have got to completion page after inputting our card details we were told booking was unsuccessful and no money would be taken from our account. Our account was debited for just short of £4000. We rang the number straight away, were kept on hold for nearly an hour and passed from… Read Full Review

“Have been charged different amount to whats on booking”

Written on: 11/08/2015 by IsabelHagan (1 review written)

I have just booked flights with Opodo and they have charged me £97.55 extra for no reason. Customer services are not very helpful. I have sent 2 emails and no response. Furthermore I selected hold luggage and paid for it but when I go to easyjet and Thomas Cook website it says I have no hold luggage and need to pay extra. Customer service have advised me that it is not their problem. Never using Opodo again… Read Full Review

Dear IsabelHagan,

Could you please supply your booking reference, so that we would be able to look further into your case?

Thank you.

Liv - Opodo

“Terrible Experience - DO NOT USE OPODO”

Written on: 10/08/2015 by simonfea (2 reviews written)

I booked a flight for my daughter through Opodo. The confirmation came through within minutes with the wrong name as passenger, they had put me (as buyer) on the ticket instead of my daughter (passenger). I contacted them electronically within 5 minutes of receiving this confirmation as their call centre was closed and then called them the next morning as soon as the call centre opened. The attitude was breathtaking. They refused to change the name, or provide a refund, expecting me to… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to simonfea's Review

Dear simonfea,

Thank you for reviewing your Opodo experience.

We must inform you that all reservation is confirmed with the exact information entered by the customer when booking.

Unfortunately, as a general condition, the ticket could not be transferred to other person.

We would strongly recommend you to get in contact with our help line centre or to provide your booking reference code replying this message in order to verify if any refund may be requested.

Kind regards.

Simonfea's reply to Opodo's Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did not request a transfer to another person, just the correct person as booked. Opodo continue to refuse a refund and the customer service is just astounding. There is no reasonable engagement, just a refusal to correct an error from the Opodo booking system. This will sadly need to be settled in the small claims court. I cannot stress how much people should avoid doing business with Opodo.

best regards,

“Worst customer service - be aware”

Written on: 07/08/2015

I booked a last minute deal with Opodo for 2 adults and a child.. its for an august holiday but price was quite good for time of year and said it was avaialble It took me 14 calls to get through due to a representative answering but they could not hear me, if they could hear me and tried to transfer me it cut me off.. They could not confirm the booking to the hotel or the flight so had to cancel the holiday.. they did not communicate this to me until call 14 if you want to deal with a… Read Full Review

“Booked and paid for flights. 24 hrs later advised they...”

Written on: 05/08/2015 by woodsandhillsplc (2 reviews written)

Booked and paid for flights. 24 hrs later advised they were sold out via email. Advised to call for refund, yet no phone number provided. Have called them multiple times, each time I get hung up on. This seems to be a very common problem. Worst service I have ever had from a booking agent, absolutely shocking… Read Full Review

“Opodo, USELESS”

Written on: 02/08/2015 by 476Bennett (1 review written)

We booked flights from Opodo and paid up, but didn't receive any confirmation. Then tried calling them on expensive number and having waited for forever for 45 minutes, their customer services said they cannot find our booking (So they have taken the money but don't know where is our booking, sounds like they work from a rear garage or something) Then called again their finance department and being disconnected three times after long waiting times, they finally took our call as we were not… Read Full Review

Hello 476Bennett,

Could you please indicate any reference of your case or the email you indicated during the booking so we can identify your case and contact you?

Best,

Written on: 03/08/2015

James, I still haven't received any confirmation of booking from Opodo. Please contact me on shahgee80 at yahoo.com
Thanks

Dear customer,

Your correctly confirmed booking includes one bag for each leg.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards.

Written on: 04/08/2015

Hi 476Bennett,

We confirm you that your booking is confirmed and that we are going to forward you this confirmation via email.

Sorry about all the obvious inconveniences regarding this process.

Have a pleasant stay in Turkey!

Written on: 04/08/2015

Can you please confirm call me to go through the passenger names. There are in consistences in the titles and names forwarded to the airlines from Opodo's system and also there is no confirmation on the luggage we booked and paid for.

Thanks,

Written on: 05/08/2015

I still have'nt received any email or phone call from Opodo to confirm my booking, which I paid for.

Extremely disappointed and frustrated with Opodo.

DO NOT USE THEM!

Written on: 05/08/2015

Extremely disappointed and frustrated with Opodo.

“DISGRACEFUL customer service”

Written on: 02/08/2015 by JeetK (1 review written)

A day before the flight i went to check-in online, realised they hadn't included my flight booking code in my 'confirmation email'. so i had to call again and wait again. first person hung up on me, second person said he couldn't hear me, third person said she'd send me the confirmation email - what a f'ing joke!!!! the email never came through! I decided to call the airline direct and they said they had no record of my booking!!!! I sent an online query to Opodo - and no response considering… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to JeetK's Review

Dear JeetK,

Our apologies for our late delay on our response. We'd like to identify your case and contact you regarding this unpleasant situation. Please, indicate your booking reference and we'll contact you shortly.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“Never again after 10 years booking with OPODO.CO.UK...”

Written on: 25/07/2015 by Gerrym00 (1 review written)

Opodo's Response to Gerrym00's Review

Dear Gerrym00,

We'd like to check your case carefully and, for that purpose, we kindly ask you to provide your booking reference. Once we receive this information, we'll contact you.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“Taking money and pretend it's about security reason”

Written on: 23/07/2015 by Momo14 (1 review written)

My first time with this worst company, all customer service with different explanation. I make booking with cost £ 2900 The money is been taken but they send me email the reservation is been cancel because some reason  I call them to ask my money back Said take 48 to 72 hours If I didn't receive my money back I will report to police for fraud… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to Momo14's Review

Hi Momo14,

Are we still on time to help you? If so, please indicate your booking reference so we can contact you.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by ClaudiaOgle241 (1 review written)

So I am meant to be flying to Germany to see my best friend have her baby. I stupidly decided to book with Opodo. Their website advertised a flight From Frankfurt International Airport to London City airport. Everything seemed fine so far however when I went to check myself on-line, I saw that they had actually given me a ticket from Frankfurt Hahnn Airport to Stansted. Both airports being miles away from where I actually am. I spent over 2 hours on hold to 4 different members of the customer… Read Full Review

HI ClaudiaOgle241,

Sorry to hear this unpleasant situation. Could you please let us know your booking reference so we can check in detail your case and contact you?

Regards,

“Debit card charges”

Written on: 18/07/2015 by Owens79 (1 review written)

I've used opodo for the last 17yrs and never been charged debit card fees until now, so beware when booking as the info re charges is not very clear ie you select a card type but there is no info as what % will be charged you have to look at the the fare price as this changes to include the charges. The only way you know what % You have been charged is by working it out for yourself, or contacting opodo which I did. I was charged £38 opodo said debit card fees were 2.1% which when I checked… Read Full Review

“Customer Service at its worst ”

Written on: 16/07/2015 by Cookto292 (1 review written)

My partner and friend recently organised a stag do in Romania. They organised the flights for the group via Opodo. Due to the different flights required they made 2 bookings and received confirmations for both and payment was taken. On checking into this flight on the 18th June (flight 8.45am on the 19th) we had no issues with 1st booking, but for the second , using the ref A5JENP provided by Opodo we were informed that this was an invalid booking reference. On investigation Wizz Air stated… Read Full Review

Gerrym00's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2015

Never again after 10 years booking with OPODO.CO.UK will i book again ever. they had me thinking at the end of my booking that add there opodo extra for just £27 per person, we could be able to change our flight as many time as we like, if need be for FREE of charge, just paying any airline differences in flight price?.Well i wanted to change my out going flight to a diffrent day. i phone opodo, to be told yes that ok BUT i have to pay airline charges of £100 per person. i told them that they must of had this print very small, as i wouldn't of taken out the extra for £27 each if i had known this was the case. they also told me that they were not under any circumstances in customer loyalty NOT giving me a refund. OPODO YOU STINK LIKE THEM ALL. I WORN PEOPLE DON'T TAKE OUT THE EXTRA WITH OPODO, IN FACT DON'T BOOK WITH THEM. WHEN YOU RINGING THEM UP THEY CUT YOU OFF THE PHONE, AND CALL CENTER MUST BE IN INDIA AS HARD TO UNDERSTAND THEM.

J7Y1's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2015

Did you ever get your refund?

“This was my first and definitely last time I booked a...”

Written on: 09/07/2015 by Lupito (1 review written)

This was my first and definitely last time I booked a flight with Opodo !!! It was booked on July 6, flying from Berlin to Cartagena on August 1. I used Opodo because I wanted to join a friend who already had a ticket and was able to find seats on his flights through their website. I received a "booking confirmation" where I was told to take a printout of this confirmation to the airport, checked my bank account and saw that the ticket fee plus a ridiculously high transaction fee had been… Read Full Review

J7Y1's Response to Lupito's Review

Written on: 01/08/2015

I've booked flights and am very scared this is going to happen to me. Not sure what to do!

“I will never book via Opodo again”

Written on: 08/07/2015 by Purcell424 (1 review written)

I have booked a trip via Opodo, which seemed to be the cheapest on skyscanner, although only a couple of euro's. Afterwards, I received an email saying I would receive a confirmation in 24h. After not receiving a confirmation, I called the company. They told me the booking didn't happen and nothing was charged. In the meanwhile, ticket prices have gone up and I have to pay more for tickets, but "there was nothing they can do about it". I will now go back to book a more expensive ticket, but I… Read Full Review

“refund ”

Written on: 25/06/2015 by Silvia1984 (1 review written)

I am waiting from 4 month for refund and I still didn't get anything back… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to Silvia1984's Review

Written on: 03/07/2015

Hi Silvia,

Could you let us know your booking reference so we can check the status of your refund?

Best regards,

Silvia1984's reply to Opodo's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2015

Ref.number is X8OTAS.
I wish you can do something.

Best regards
Silvia

Lisalbutler11's reply to Silvia1984's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2015

Did this get sorted! I'm shitting it now as booked a holiday to Spain and not had any confirmation in email... Looks like a trip away for a break due to a bad few months is gonna elsewhere...

Silvia1984's reply to Lisalbutler11's Comment

Written on: 23/07/2015

No still didn't sorted out.they said as soon as possible last time but is been 21 weeks no money.now I am on holiday but when I come back I will definitely call them back.