Opodo Reviews - www.opodo.com

371
Opodo www.opodo.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Opodo www.opodo.com

Opodo www.opodo.com

“2 booking references for 1 family??????”

Written on: 07/02/2016 by 323Dobson (1 review written)

For no apparent reason I have a booking in my wife's name and mine and also another one in my two children's aged 5 and 2. I cannot use BAs free online seat booking now as they have split the references two one with just minors. Meaning I may have to pay the rip off charges at the airport so we can sit next to our 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old! Opodo rationame is because the children have no luggage allowance added and we do. Why would I pay for four suitcase for a family of four!… Read Full Review

“Rip-off company- avoid like the plague!!!!”

Written on: 03/02/2016 by Tonypower (1 review written)

booked a flight online accurately completing the flight details and paid with debit card. I noticed immediately that the email confirmation of return date was wrong and so I called their 03300 number, no-one answers! when I finally got through to their 13p per minute number I was told it was my mistake, their website could not possibly make an error. I was given a choice of rebooking or cancelation, both options would cost me a £25 admin fee which they took straight away. I quickly realised… Read Full Review

“Never ever use Opodo again”

Written on: 02/02/2016 by Noahn402 (1 review written)

Opodo is fine if the trip is not complicated and there is no problem. If you have the slightest problem, welcome to hell. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. And I know quite a lot. You have the impression they treat you like a big pack of money to be pressed. I wonder whether they get money from the phone company based on the time you spend with them. I have spent many hours on the phone, I think I will pay more in terms of phone bill than for the plane ticket. I made a… Read Full Review

“Credit Card £60 UNEXPECTED/UNWARNED Booking Charge”

Written on: 29/01/2016 by katielyons (2 reviews written)

We just booked our Seychelles flights for our honeymoon! All very exciting, and after much deliberation decided to go ahead and book our flights finally :D I used the £50 off January sale voucher and was very careful to book the most economical way of getting there - the total cost came to £1,815.38 for 2 return flights. We paid with our credit card, and it all went through and it was a very happy moment indeed! Buttttt I then saw on the confirmation email that we had been charged £1,874.72… Read Full Review

“AVOID OPODO! FORGET HELP and CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE!”

Written on: 20/01/2016

They are ok if there are no flight issues, changes or no issues at all, since all they have to do is take our money, book the flights, easy stuff. However, completely different story if the smallest thing goes wrong, even if the fault is of their own. Below is my story. I was looking to buy a ticket with Opodo on Thursday the 14th of Jan 2016. I entered my payment details, but then the price increased by £30 for using visa debit. When asked if i wanted to proceed with the booking, i clicked… Read Full Review

“Do NOT use this company!! They take your money and...”

Written on: 14/01/2016 by Lee1les (1 review written)

Do NOT use this company!! They take your money and provide no bookings!! After two failed transaction attempts on their website after inputting all my details and payment details I contacted their call centre. I got through pretty quickly first call. The guy could see my details after supplying him with my email address as I never received any reference numbers. He input all my details again and advised that ye bank may have a block on my card and did I have another card I could use. I… Read Full Review

“Never ever again - Opodo-nonono”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by 316Marsh (1 review written)

First and last time I ever use Opodo. Got my name wrong on the booking and refused to correct it. One flight was cancelled and it took ages to get a refund, for less than the original cost, and I had to book a different flight elsewhere for almost twice the price. The worst customer service I have ever experienced with hours on the phone at my expense) to achieve absolutely nothing. Unable to check-in online or deal with the airlines directly (as booked through an agent - Opodo - who… Read Full Review

“Apalling Customer Service”

Written on: 04/01/2016 by Wagner226 (1 review written)

Avoid booking anything with this company at all cost! If you need to contact them for any reason they put you on hold for ages then cut you off without resolving your problem. If you have to cancel for any reason not only do you lose the money but they charge additional fees to your card. Book with a reputable company … Read Full Review

“Appalling company avoid at all costs”

Written on: 17/12/2015

I recently booked 3 return flights with Opodo to Fuerteventura, the booking went through fine and etickets were issued. When I checked my credit card statement they had overcharged me and refused to refund me until I showed them a bank statement showing that they had done. It took a while but I eventually got my money back. A few days later I had to cancel 1 of the return tickets as one of the travellers was too unwell to travel. I contacted Opodo through their premium email service for which I… Read Full Review

“Very bad experience with Opodo re booking & using flight ”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by gnLamont55 (1 review written)

In Sept 2014 I booked a flight from London to Boston on Virgin through Opodo. The light was in May 2015. I developed cancer and had to have an operation at the time I would have been away. I contacted Virgin and Opodo and after much email exchange, Opodo and Vigin agreed I could use my ticket (subject to any price increase) at a later date. I wanted to go this Xmas - 18 December. Opodo agree as did Virgin. I got booking reference but no email confirmation from Opodo. Each time I phoned them… Read Full Review

“Cancelled flight silence”

Written on: 11/11/2015 by Cohen93 (1 review written)

Booking a domestic airline ticket was fine. If you telephone them then you are directed to a British based call centre of you are considering a booking. For bookings already made then you are directed to an Indian call centre. Calling for confirmed booking - directed to Indian call centre where they quickly confirmed my booking Cancelled flight by airline - I called the company via Indian call centre and the call was dropped during a pause in the conversation. Another tactic was denying my… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience.

We are very sorry to learn that the line got dead when rebooking your flight.

Please note that normally, such cases are dealt via phone only however, being a customer focused agency we would be happy to transfer your comments to the correspondent department in order to look into your case in a priority turn.

Please indicate your booking reference, so we would be able to assist.

Kind regards.

Nicole - eDreams

“Where's my money”

Written on: 29/10/2015 by DavonKeith (1 review written)

Charged me for a flight for my husband and I. Flight was cancelled by the air line but no refund was given.Spoke to the air line who said Opodo paid them no money.Three amounts taken from my account by Opodo,amounting to £506.11 Opodo refuse to accept responsibility for cancellation and so far ignore my emails but tell me my account will be refunded each time I call. I urge any one wishing to travel not to use this site as you may well be disappointed and seriously out of pocket… Read Full Review

Dear DavonKeith,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent experience.

Could you please indicate your booking reference, so we would be able to check the payment history and provide you with our findings?

Thank you.

Liv - Opodo

“Didn't confirm the flight - still charged, refuse to...”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by Wiley311 (1 review written)

Opodo didn't send through a flight confirmation, after a few chases before the flight i presumed they would refund me since they couldn't send a confirmation - instead they constantly hang up the phone on me and refuse the refund or take my calls. I have been professional the whole time and never said anything out of line, they clearly haven't been trained to deal with complaints as as soon as i question them they hang up the phone… Read Full Review

Dear Wiley311,

Thank you for your post.

We suspect that the e-mail address provided when booking was not correct and that it could prevent you from receiving our communications. In order to look further into your case and advise accordantly, we would need you to indicate your booking reference code.

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

“Dubious practise”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by DemarcusHarper (1 review written)

Not even worth one star! Find cheap fare on Opodo. Book. Receive e-ticket. Confirm with airline. Does not exist. Contact Opodo. Your credit card was refused. Contact credit card company. No attempt to charge card. Opodo suggest book another flight - at massively increased cost. Bait and switch? Customer service is apalling. Bland phrases from a script. NEVER NEVER BOOK WITH OPODO… Read Full Review

Dear DemarcusHarperb,

Thank you for your comments.

Please note that one of the conditions for providing the requested via on-line product/service is the correctly received payment. The ticket would not be issued or provided to the requester in case the payment was not received.

However, we would still have the obligation to notify the incidence within 24h period.

Please do not hesitate to indicate your booking reference code would you wish us to check the payment history or to provide a copy of the notification.

Best regards.

Dear DemarcusHarperb,

Thank you for your comments.

Best regards.

Liv - Opodo

“Sneaky, underhanded, dishonest, just plain terrible”

Written on: 22/10/2015

We used to use opodo quite a lot for finding and booking long-haul flights at the lowest prices and had no issues. That was a good few years back and things have changed, big time! We recently booked a flight with them because the price was a little less than the price direct with the airline and the booking screens showed that it included 1 free bag per passenger while with the airline bags were extra. Upon clicking through to the payment screens we noticed a £12.50 charge per passenger for… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

Thank you for your post and for allowing the opportunity to clarify your doubts.

We are very sorry that your experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

We are able to inform you that Opodo´s goal is to offer the best deals available on the travel market

The advertised price would be the lowest by default and would be conditioned by the offer of a day. The relevant information on the applied offer could be found below every flight option.

Opodo has a transparent fees policy. Administration fees, which are collected in term of handling a request and issuing the ticket are calculated as per number of passengers and trips and would depend on the method of payment selected. Please note that you may adjust the price selecting a method of payment before starting a search.

In any case, we were deeply upset hearing of the incidence with luggage you have experienced on one of your flights and would be grateful if you indicate your booking reference in response to this message in order to check your booking and the status of your original complaint.

Liv - Opodo

“Better to book direct with the airline”

Written on: 08/10/2015 by ianmason (2 reviews written)

I booked return flights from Manchester to Faro with Opodo as they offered the cheapest deal. I had just one case booked for the journey each way. Everything was fine for the outward flight, but when I came to check in for the return flight at Faro, Ryan Air said they had no record of my luggage booking. I had to go to the Ryan Air booking desk and pay 55 Euro for my case. The lady at the counter said this was a common problem with agents like Opodo not passing on the luggage details to the… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to ianmason's Review

Dear ianmason,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to review your experience.

Being an on-line travel agent, which operates via Internet, we are fully aware of that errors may happen.

We would kindly remind your that booking with Opodo you are not only getting a best available deal available on the travel market, but also offered the opportunity to make a combination of flights and a sensitive customer service after the purchase.

Reading your comment, we understand that your concerns were solved in a favourable way and a refund for the luggage expenses issued.

We are sorry if your booking got affected by some system failure however, believe that Opodo followed the correct procedure with regards to your booking and your complaint.

Please do not hesitate to update your review indicating your booking reference would you wish to interact on this matter further.

With best regards.

Ianmason's reply to Opodo's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2015

Yes, you did refund my luggage expenses promptly, which was good.

However your statement that my booking was affected by "some system failure" and that you followed the "correct procedure with regards to my booking" worries me even more. Clearly you have a problem either in your system or in your procedures and I hope that you can find a solution to avoid any more of your customers being inconvenienced.

Regards

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS ”

Written on: 30/09/2015 by Riley117 (1 review written)

Please, avoid this travel agent at all costs, even if you have to pay more through someone else. I cannot stress this enough, they cheat, their customer service is terrible and have caused me so much stress… Read Full Review

Dear Riley117,

Thanks for your post.

We can assure you that we always do our best to make the booking procedure as easy and pleasant as possible for our customers.

We recommend you to read the FAQ about our web page so that you are well aware of how our company works. We also recommend you to make your booking well in advance.

We have a well-equipped team of agents ready to help you if you have any doubts or questions and we were deeply upset to hear that a communication with our customer service caused so much stress to you.

We invite you to update your review with some further information regarding your query and to provide a booking reference, so that we can look into your case and assist.

Liv - Opodo

“Payment not passed on to airline”

Written on: 28/09/2015 by KorbinByrd (1 review written)

Appalled that my paid for check in luggage wasn't in the airline system. Opodo had taken my fee but not passed it on to them. Causing embarassment, friction and being treated at the airport as though I was trying to swindle them… Read Full Review

Dear KorbinByrd,

We regret your unpleasant experience. Being an on-line company, we are completely aware that errors may happen.

Lets check your booking and identify the problem. For that purpose we would need need you to update the review with a booking reference.

Thank you.

Liv - Opodo

“Avoid or be prepared to have a stressful booking...”

Written on: 16/09/2015 by iwouldwalk500miles (1 review written)

I had an absolute nightmare with this company. Did NOT realise that they would book my return flight in two separate transactions and the second one didn't go through properly so I ended up with a one-way ticket. When I emailed I got no response. When I called I got shoved around and told they would try again (they didn't ask for my card details again which was a bit worrying as they then obviously had kept them and were using them at their leisure). I also then got an extra charge added by… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to iwouldwalk500miles's Review

Dear reviewer,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

Please note that one of the conditions for providing the requested service is the correctly provided payment, which we understand, was denied per your bank and consequently reflected on a confirmation on the second leg of your journey.

Please do not hesitate to update your comments providing a booking reference in case you wish us to review the history of your fight reservation.

Iwouldwalk500Miles's reply to Opodo's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2015

That is an excuse you came up with after my bank noted the fraudelent activity due to you placing an extra charge that should not have been there. After that you were refused and I went yo Ryanair. Initially, my bank had no reason t refuse you and confirmed there were more than adequate funds. The fact of the matter is you messed up my booking and charged me for it then left me with a one way flight.

Opodo's reply to Iwouldwalk500Miles's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your response.

Please bear in mind that depending on the type of the method of payment you may have a pre-authorization charge.

Financial institutions often temporarily block the amount of available credit until the final charge is made, and later reverse the temporary charge. The client may temporarily see such duplicate charges, but one of them will automatically be reversed by the financial institution.
Amounts withheld in this manner will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.
Remember that such amounts are withheld by all travel agencies, and they are caused by the operations between financial institutions, the companies issuing debit and credit cards, and IATA. Travel agencies give the order to issue the ticket, but the payment collection processes are handled by the parties mentioned above.

However, we would not be able to check the payments history if the booking reference is not provided.

We remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Kind regards,

“Unacceptable experience”

Written on: 15/09/2015 by nsByrne481 (1 review written)

Recently I tried making a booking online. The search engine issued a booking request for the wrong dates via e-mail , -2K2QNS,probably, due to a computer glitch. I immediately rang their call centre on the advised telephone number and after holding on for more than 1/2 hour was promised full refund but only after a supervisor was involved. I then received an e-mail saying the refund will take 2-12 weeks for which I had to contact my bank to hasten the process, due to the amount involved… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments and for reviewing your recent experience.

We are able to inform you that all booking is issued with the exact information introduced during the booking flow, as entered directly into the reservation system.

As we could verify, Opodo cancelled your flight reservation removing the cancellation fee of 25 gbp per ticket, which is collected in such cases as a gesture of goodwill.

A full refund, except the agreed at time of booking administration fee, which remains non-refundable, was issued on 12th of September.

Kind regards.