Opodo Reviews - www.opodo.com

330
Opodo www.opodo.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Opodo www.opodo.com

Opodo www.opodo.com

“I will never book via Opodo again”

Written on: 08/07/2015 by Purcell424 (1 review written)

I have booked a trip via Opodo, which seemed to be the cheapest on skyscanner, although only a couple of euro's. Afterwards, I received an email saying I would receive a confirmation in 24h. After not receiving a confirmation, I called the company. They told me the booking didn't happen and nothing was charged. In the meanwhile, ticket prices have gone up and I have to pay more for tickets, but "there was nothing they can do about it". I will now go back to book a more expensive ticket, but I… Read Full Review

“refund ”

Written on: 25/06/2015 by Silvia1984 (1 review written)

I am waiting from 4 month for refund and I still didn't get anything back… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to Silvia1984's Review

Hi Silvia,

Could you let us know your booking reference so we can check the status of your refund?

Silvia1984's reply to Opodo's Comment

Ref.number is X8OTAS.
I wish you can do something.

Best regards
Silvia

“OPODO STEAL FROM 84 YEAR OLD WIDOW”

Written on: 24/06/2015 by markandcaroline1605 (1 review written)

IN A NUTSHELL Opodo has charged my 84 year old mother twice for one return flight caused as a result of a double booking being made when Opodo's system crashed. AUTHORITY TO ACT ON BEHALF OF MY MOTHER .I am authorised to act on my mother's behalf and Opodo have this authorisation both verbally and by way of an email from my mother. MORE DETAILS - On Saturday 13 June 2015 whilst making a reservation Cape Town to London return, the Opodo system crashed. My mother then attempted again… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to markandcaroline1605's Review

Hi,

We are aware that our agent Luciana is treating your case. Please, do not hesitate to contact her in case of questions or other queries.

“Never again........”

Written on: 22/06/2015 by Sweedee (1 review written)

Booked return flights to Austria from UK in January 2015 for my son and his family which includes 10 month old twins. They got to Austria without a problem but, when they arrived at Salzburg airport to fly home, were told by the airline there was no record or their booking so they had to buy new flights. I called Opodo from Austria to be told the return flights were never confirmed and, when I asked how I was meant to know that since I only had a confirmation email, I was told I should have… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to Sweedee's Review

Written on: 23/06/2015

Dear Sweedee,

Could you please indicate your booking reference so we can identify your case and contact you?

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“Cheap flight + Opodo fees = Flight over 20% dearer ”

Written on: 03/06/2015 by mariaa-britten (1 review written)

Having had a difficult start to the year with my being off work for a long period of illness, we finally got round to booking our holiday in Spain. But sadly, we booked through Opodo, and didn't read all the terms and conditions carefully. Then we discovered that Opodo has taken £80 from our account for it's fees days before the payment to Ryanair has came out! Over 20% the price of the total cost of the flights! If it had been a few pounds I would understand but £80 (£20 per person per… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to mariaa-britten's Review

Written on: 12/06/2015

Dear mariaa-britten,

“Daylight robbery”

Written on: 18/05/2015

I booked a trip to Amsterdam including a hotel and flight through the opodo website because they were slightly cheaper than the other sites. I soon regretted that decision. Some days after I had made the booking, I received an email to say that they had done a random security check on my booking and the booking had not been processed at the time. By the time this had happened, the price had jumped substantially. They said they had tried to contact me on the day of booking but I had no email… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2015

Dear customer,

In effect, we carry out random checks to ensure security on transactions and avoid fraud both for customers and us.

We sincerely regret all the inconveniences that this matter has caused you and we will like to check in detail what occurred.

For that purpose, we kindly ask you to provide your booking reference and the email address indicated during the reservation process and we will contact you soon.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“Do not under any circumstance use Opodo. Hidden...”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by Powers193 (1 review written)

Do not under any circumstance use Opodo. Hidden £30.00+ "Service charges"... (For what??), VAT not inclusive which clearly isn't stated. Different amount of money leaving your account as opposed to what is on the final screen... Then them offering cheaper rates after you've booked it but won't give you a refund or amend your booking despite it being 5 minutes after you've received your confirmation through. Customer Service staff are rude and will talk their spiel over you and not let you… Read Full Review

Dear Powers193,

We regret to hear such unpleasant experience and we would like to study what happened and how your case was handled. For this reason, we kindly ask you to provide your booking reference so we can look into it in depth and contact you soon.

12341's Comment

Dear James,

The damage is done. Your Customer service team had several chances to sort it but all it seemed to be was the same scenario over and over again where we were not able to speak as they continued to speak over us and made US feel rude for interrupting.
Wasted far too much of our time to put somebody else's error correctly. And money on a premium number.
Really not interested in you trying to fix it NOW just because I've put a review up. Quite frankly the trust isn't there either in regards to you 'contacting' me back after looking into it in depth.

No thank you.

Word of mouth really is the strongest form of marketing.

“AVOID OPODO”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by BetLuck (1 review written)

Please don't book with Opodo . I booked flights with Opodo back In Jan 15 . Total cost of holiday should have been £519.75 but on checking my bank statement I was charged 869.43. We spoke to Opodo on several occasions and got know where and there staff were unhelpful and incompetent . I explained to their staff what had happened and was informed that it was nothing to do with Opodo even though I explained that their reference numbers matched my bank statements. After numerous emails I… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to BetLuck's Review

Dear BetLuck,

We would like to understand what has occurred and, for that purpose, we would need to know your booking reference. Please, indicate this information and one of our agents will contact you again.

Betluck's reply to Opodo's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2015

Please not there are 2 booking reference number for British Airways as we were charged twice for the same flight hence the reason why we were overcharged

Opodo Ref 0072975992

Flight Booking ref Numbers
Vueling:- Q4V1HV
British Airways:- 8G8LRN and 8I6TNZ

Edreams's reply to Betluck's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2015

Dear BetLuck,

Thank for providing us these references. I have already passed them on to one of our agents, who will contact you soon.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“BEWARE Cancelled the booking I made a day later w.o....”

Written on: 04/05/2015 by Jocelyn440 (1 review written)

I booked a business ticket to the US. The price was almost 1/3 cheaper than any other website. So I decided to book with Opodo for the first time. My company does give me the option to select my own travel agent. However the bad surprise happened 24h after my booking was made. They cancelled it saying for security reasons. So when I called them the only thing they could tell me was that they have the right to cancel my booking and that it was for security reasons and can I "HELP" you with… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/05/2015

Dear Jocelyn440,

Could you let us know your booking reference so we can identify your case and contact you as soon as possible?

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“the worst possible rip off”

Written on: 23/04/2015 by 218Howell (1 review written)

really dont want to waste my time in explaining this a** holes. they just rip you off even for their mistakes.... i dont even want to give them that one star. use this agent at your own risk… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/04/2015

Hello 218Howell,

Can we still help you? If you provide us with your booking reference in response to this message, we will look into your case in depth and we will contact you again.

“Don't use ”

Written on: 16/04/2015 by Kel1 (1 review written)

Booked flights with Opodo but they took £60 more than what I agreed to upon confirming my booking, I phoned straight away and was told I would be refunded. I was refunded £1, I have phone again and sent several emails, and again was told I would get refund. Months later still no refund… Read Full Review

Opodo's Response to Kel1's Review

Dear Kel1,

We are sorry to hear that you have gone through such a disappointing experience. We will like to look into this refund issue in detail and, for that purpose, we would need to know your booking reference and/or email address.

Once we receive this information, we will contact you shortly.

James - Opodo Customer Care Team

“NEVER EVER USE THE POD PEOPLE”

Written on: 16/04/2015

“NEVER EVER USE THE POD PEOPLE” You book your flights four months in advance from a European capital to a Latin American capital through the Pod People, and pay by credit card. A week later you get an email telling you that some of your flights have been changed. The timings are OK. A week later you get another email telling you that some of your flights have been changed AGAIN. The Pod People won't tell you what the changes are. They tell you that you MAY be able to learn about them… Read Full Review

Dear customer,

We regret to read all this bad experience and we will love to check what occurred. Could you please indicate your booking reference so we can see how this whole processed has been managed?

After receiving such information, we will contact you.

Lycanthropist's Comment

Written on: 23/04/2015

Many thanks for getting back to me, James. My reference number was 3UAGUU.

Written on: 22/05/2015

Dear customer,

Thanks for sending the booking reference and sorry about our late reply.

I have forwarded your case and one of our agents will contact your soon on your email.

Lycanthropist's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2015

I have had a message from Opodo to the effect that I am due a refund, although it may take some time to come through, so if all goes well I shall ask for my original comment to be removed, and express my thanks to Opodo.

“No No No:- Very Bad experience. ”

Written on: 14/04/2015 by Elianr140 (1 review written)

Dear Friends Please don't use this website, They are nightmare. price was offered 535 and they took 559 without my authorization from my bank They are very bad, Please don't use them as any cost. … Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2015

Dear Elianr140,

Could you please indicate your booking reference so we can find your case, look into it and contact you shortly?

Hello646's Comment

Written on: 26/04/2015

My booking reff Number is 3Z5XZF

Hello646's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2015

Are you looking into this or not?

I don't want to give you even one star. I am regular traveller. Didn't know you can rip off customer like this.

“Cancelation”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by Lawrencera218 (1 review written)

Opodo are the worst people to cancel a flight or to change any details of the flight.I realised I had booked the wrong return flight so I called Opodo two minutes after booking to change the time and they wanted to charge me £85, a disgrace, I dont mind an admin fee but this is a bit to much. I will never book through them again… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2015

Hello Lawrencera218,

Could you please let us know your booking reference so we can check in detail your case?

“Truly Terrible”

Written on: 02/04/2015 by Pattersonhb339 (1 review written)

Nightmare when they took my money and their system 'forgot' to book my flight and their system 'forgot' to tell me. Rebooked same flight with another agent but had to pay more as the flight is this week. Then... They then took £471.30 twice from my current account for a flight that they never booked. I am nearly £1000 out of pocket thanks to them. I have been on the phone and email for 2 complete days with Kayak, Opodo, my bank, VISA trying sort this out. Still £1000 out of pocket… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2015

Hi,

Please accept our sincere advanced apologies. We re really sorry to hear of such unpleasant experience. Could you please indicate us your booking reference, so we can check and advise duly?

We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Nicole
Opodo - Customer Care team

“Impossible to get a refund. Awful experience!!!”

Written on: 26/03/2015 by Natasha84 (1 review written)

In October 2014 I booked a return flight to Russia (to the Crimea via Moscow) using Opodo service. The departure date was 16 December 2014 from London Gatwick early in the morning. All was fine (despite the fact that Opodo kept reqesting my passport details every now and then and I kept replying with my details, coupleof days after my emails I used to raise enquiries on Opodo webside asking if they were in reseipt of my details but did not hear back from them). In the evening of 14 December I… Read Full Review

“Beware, don't trust this company they cost me £1600.”

Written on: 21/03/2015

Beware, when using this site to book multi-airport destinations. I booked and paid for flights for myself and wife to Houston with return from San Francisco foolishly assuming I would get a good price. Subsequently, I needed to add another passenger to the same itinerary and not having my Opodo credentials to hand, checked availability with British Airways and was horrified to find that their price for the same the same flights was £1600 cheaper than Opado!. Countless emails to customer… Read Full Review

“Lying, stealing theives ”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by Chrisc6077 (1 review written)

So after I didn't use my return flight I called Opodo to ask for some money back. They told me I couldn't get a refund on theflights but was entitled to airport tax refund. They said they would take away the £25 per ticket charge and then give me £30 refund. I agreed to that. The next day Opodo take £50 out of my account and when I asked why they said it was the £25 per ticket charge I agreed to. What the hell??!?! So they think it's ok to take £50 out of my account And then put £30 back… Read Full Review

Ellemo's Response to Chrisc6077's Review

Written on: 22/03/2015

They took £65.00 out my account separately from my flights payment and said I agreed to, which I didn't and have come up with different excuses why. I asked them to send me a copy of original booking so I could see this payment and of course they havn't still fighting my case reason why I am checking other reviews.

“Totally useless!!!”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by AdaHughes (1 review written)

The staff are unprofessional, and dont know what they are doing. They tell you one thing and then do another and if you want to make any changes, its cheaper to buy a new ticked... May God help anyone using this company. I will never book through them again. Totally useless!!!… Read Full Review

“DO NOT TRUST OPODO”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by JaydaBain40 (1 review written)

Do not trust Opodo! I was purchasing a ticket to Spain through Opodo. until the very last stage in the booking and payment process, the final price I was to be charged with was written but when I gave my credit card data and purchased the ticket, an extra ~25% was charged from my card! So I contacted Opodo and explained the situation and they said that this has happened a couple of times before and that they would investigate the case and get back to me. However, even though I called them 3… Read Full Review