Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top Reviews

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top
Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top

“We just love this car.”

Written on: 01/05/2013

This car is unbreakable. We have had it four years and it is ten years old. Mechanically is sound. A few of the clips for the roof broke but they are plastic and eventually the weather makes them fragile. Anyway, you can buy then online for about £20 for a whole set. The car is brilliant for getting through the snow and it is awesome in summer as the roof comes down. The kids love the car because the roof comes down in the back but not the front. The car when washed looks really good and… Read Full Review

Gtscriv's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

Can you tell me where to find the clips on line, I'm going nuts trying 2 replace them ARRGGHH!!!

Oart from that, great lil cars

Had mine 8 years, only time let me down, left in airport for 3 months, jump leads on, started first time, no probs, great fun up & down mountains

Scriv

Gtscriv's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

Your comment has been successfully submitted

Oart from that, great lil cars

Scriv

“owned our jimny for 4 yrs now just had fuel pump...”

Written on: 30/06/2010 by gnh (1 review written)

owned our jimny for 4 yrs now just had fuel pump go,£400 fitted in a garage,prob get that down a bit if shopped about!!!.but £400 for 4 yrs motoring ain't bad,hasn't even blown a single bulb,yes it is painfully slow,yes you need a phd in physics to put the roof back up,yes there is no boot,but with the roof down on a hot day driving to the beach u carnt do better ,and on a freezing day,with snow everywhere u will b the only car going anywhere,the review where he said he gets 40mpg is a bit off… Read Full Review

“Most fun car I ever had. Excellent car, with a pretty...”

Written on: 06/11/2008

Most fun car I ever had. Excellent car, with a pretty good offroad abilities! Better handling then one would expect! The engine is (when well maintained) unbelievable smooth, good acceleration… Read Full Review

“The Suzuki Jimny soft top is a great little 4x4. I...”

Written on: 18/05/2008

The Suzuki Jimny soft top is a great little 4x4. I wanted something not as expensive to run as a toyota rav4 etc however has the off road capabilities of a defender and this little suzuki fits perfectly. The soft top is a great laugh, although it takes a while to get the back bit up and down with all the zips etc its well worth it. The boot may be small, however if you want something for space then it would be pointless to buy a jimny. The jimny is everything that I wanted and more… Read Full Review

“Lets cut to the chase on this car. This Suzuki Jimny...”

Written on: 19/09/2006 by johnvencato (2 reviews written)

Lets cut to the chase on this car. This Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top is a fine vehicle for what it was designed to do. Suzuki, back in the late 70s, saw an opportunity to attempt to replicate the Series 3 lightweight para-drop Landrover. Take in to context they succeeded - SJ80/SJ410, now the Jimny 1.3 JLX Soft Top, this car does what it says on the tin.

It's fast, nippy, 40mpg, a CO 2 of about 170, whose complaining? The final edition series roof is a doddle to put up and down (2 clips… Read Full Review

Paulsmurfy's Response to johnvencato's Review

Written on: 10/10/2007

This review was very helpful because it has made me buy one and I love it!

“I was in greece and decided to hire a car, out of all...”

Written on: 24/07/2006 by rjvalentine (1 review written)

I was in greece and decided to hire a car, out of all the cars I've seen I wanted to have a go at the Jimny, even though there was a vitara I liked the Jimny for the size of the engine (1.3). So I pulled up in the hotel and the look on my girlfriend's face made me smile, she was excited to go out for the day in a convertable 4x4. This is how we got on;
We took the roof down which was like a nightmare with all the zips and panels, Then, me being a bloke and not thinking practically, we opened… Read Full Review