Alamo Car Hire Reviews - www.alamo.co.uk

Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

“British drivers hiring cars with Alamo in Sanford .”

Written on: 29/12/2014 by Cormierpb168 (1 review written)

Booked using their website all i can say is , perfect ! Used Alamo many times before , no reason to use anybody else ! You can pick which car you like in your class . Always dealt with at the airport pick up , brilliantly by everybody… Read Full Review

“Mostly good experience”

Written on: 21/12/2014 by SydneyGarner138 (1 review written)

The only problem I experience was with the car type. I wanted an "intermediate" category where the example was a Toyota Corolla but when I went to the next page it asked ne if I wanted to pay more to actually get the Corolla. Now I was unsure as to what car the "intermediate" level was going to be so I went back and changed to the "standard" car to be sure I would get the right size for my needs. Had to pay extra but maybe that is what they want?… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

SydneyGarner138,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Toyota Corolla is included in our Intermediate vehicle class, so I'm a little unsure as to why the booking page showed the Corolla as an upgrade. Which web site did you book your reservation through? The Alamo web site or a third party booking site?
Please let us know by emailing Care[at]Alamo[dot]com, including your name and reservation number. We can correspond further via email, if you'd like. When emailing, please use reference number 141223-001123 in your subject line. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mitch
Alamo

“Promising”

Written on: 21/12/2014 by TroyStevenson240 (1 review written)

Like it. Done Alamo before and always worked. Look forward to returning to Florida next May. Happy Holidays :-) … Read Full Review

“Sarasota sun”

Written on: 20/12/2014 by Cliffordna153 (1 review written)

On 1st November I collected a car from Alamo at Sarasota Bradenton Airport. There were only four people in front of me in the Queue but it took nearly 40 minutes to get my car.I had registered for Alamo Kiosk Service but was told it did not operate at Sarasota. This despite my registration being taken after the hire location was agreed. There were only two desk clerks and one of them was also servicing the Enterprise desk. The clerks were doing their best but had no back up. Every little… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

Cliffordna153,
customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Alamo. We would like to follow up with you. Please email care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details, exact rental location, your contact details and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141222-001930. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Carl
Alamo Rent A Car

“On line booking”

Written on: 15/12/2014 by Harleyc336 (1 review written)

Quick and easy system to operate. Clearly explained… Read Full Review

“Car hire refused ”

Written on: 13/12/2014 by Blackwell1981 (1 review written)

I am writing to complain about the unsatisfactory service that I received today. I made a reservation online of one of their services, when I went to pickup the vehicle, it was denied because I did not present a post of my proof of residence. In the website and in the terms and conditions that were sent to me, it is not mentioned that I should devliver a post of my proof of residence and I will quote "Holders of any licence that does not show the current address must also produce proof of… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/12/2014

Blackwell1981,
customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Alamo. We would like to follow up with you. Please email care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details, exact rental location, your contact details and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141215-001397. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Carl
Alamo Rent A Car

“USING AGAIN”

Written on: 07/12/2014

ALWAYS GET GOOD SERVICE FROM YOURSELVES. HAVE USED YOU THE AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND. KEEP IT UP… Read Full Review

“brilliant”

Written on: 07/12/2014

very easy quick process… Read Full Review

“Overcharged”

Written on: 30/11/2014 by Krausebb383 (1 review written)

Will never use Alamo UK again. Our online quote was 88 GBP (incl. VAT) and we were charged 117 GBP + VAT 20% - 140 GBP. Huge difference. I complained to their customer service dept. but to no avail. No one would admit that we had been overcharged. Would not advise anyone to book online… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/12/2014

Krausebb383, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Alamo. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141201-001699. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christoff, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Alamo Rent-A-Car

“Quick and Easy”

Written on: 29/11/2014

The website had all the info I needed. The terms and conditions clearly explained everything I needed to know before booking the car. The booking process itself was simple and the confirmation email had clear instructions about collecting and dropping off the vehicle. All in all a hassle free experience… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Booking process very straightforward .”

Written on: 29/11/2014 by Ramse (1 review written)

Booking process very straightforward and completed in just a couple of minutes. Liked the search filter, it saves time. The company has a branch in my vicinity and I was able to view vehicles and choose the best option for me then go home and make my final decision. The local staff were very helpful… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Alamo Los Angeles car hire 2014.”

Written on: 29/11/2014

The whole experience of the car hire from Alamo was ruined by a letter I received on my return to the UK. It advised me that I had used a metro lane on my way back to the airport and there had been a fine of 25 cents raised for using this lane !!, Alamo then added 13 Dollars admin fee giving me a total bill for $13.25. I accept that I may have went in the wrong lane but for a company to chase up a 25 cent fine, I find totally unbelievable and it must have cost them more to send the letter to… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/12/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Alamo. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141201-001723. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christoff, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Alamo Rent-A-Car

“The best service”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by RachelSampson194 (1 review written)

You have provided me with first class service for the last 12 years. I normally book with you for 6 weeks each year in USA. Long may you continue this service… Read Full Review

“Amending A Booking”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by Alberto408 (1 review written)

Re-entered your web site to make a change to a booking. The alteration was a comparatively simple one i.e. changing the return date from 27 May at 9am to 26 May at 4:30pm.It turned out he cost was the same but despite that I had to negotiate thru the whole charging process and now I suspect despite mu prepayment I have been charged again. Can you please have a look at this for me and ensure that doesn't happen or arrange a refund if the charge has already gone through. An amendment should be… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Straightforward online booking without gimmicks”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by DuncanInKL (1 review written)

My recent online booking experience with Alamo was straightforward without any annoying gimmicks, such as offering special upgrades that actually offer no discount whatsoever. Driver and payment details were easy to enter and to confirm, and Verified by Visa process worked fine. The choice of car is perhaps not as wide as some other companies, but is perfectly adequate for my needs - in fact I prefer not to be distracted by too many subtle options. Prices are also competitive. A couple of… Read Full Review

“Always Fantastic”

Written on: 23/11/2014 by rplayer257 (1 review written)

Alamo great price, easy booking, friendly staff, good cars just GREAT… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“car hire refused despite having already paid”

Written on: 22/11/2014 by 76Haynes (1 review written)

My experience with Alamo at London city airport I have booked and paid the rental in advance (through rentalcars.com) Went to to the airport with all the necessary documents (driving license, passport, proof of address, credit card) The "lady" at the counter found my booking and payment but still refused to give me a car and refused to refund my credit card. She also refused to provide a convincing reason other than muttering something about her IT unable to verify my address. Mind I had a… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to look into your experience at our London City airport location further. Please email us at care[at]Alamo[dot]com with your contact information, reservation number, and any additional details you would like to include. When emailing please include reference number 141124-001918 in the subject line. Thanks! -Collin

“Remember the 'Alamo'”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by Ogreslayer (1 review written)

We travel to stay on our boat in the Uk twice a year from Hong kong and from our first visit right up to date; we have stuck with Alamo. The website is extremely easy to navigate and provides quick, understanable and user friendly information, without any industry 'jargon'. The rates are competetive and every option is catered for, should you require it. Booking/payment options are simple. Verifying checks all along the way provide peace of mind for the whole transaction. You feel like your… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Extra Charges for Zero Excess supposedly included!!!!”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by Tonyhal44 (1 review written)

Zero excess included in quoted price is a lie! After booking a `pay local`car rental through ALAMO UK website and receiving printed confirmation that zero excess was included in the quoted price we arrived at Milan Malpensa and were charged an additional 156.00 Euros, over 50% more than the quote, for full Collision Damage Waiver and Theft cover. According to my reading of the website both should be included,free, as shown on the quote. On return to UK - contacted customer services number for… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to Tonyhal44's Review

Written on: 21/11/2014

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email care[at]Alamo[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any details of your experience at our Milan branch so we can research this promptly. Please reference number 141121-001420 in the subject line of your email. Thank you. -Collin

Written on: 22/11/2014

Interesting - I withdraw nothing from the above review but would add the following:-

Written on: 22/11/2014

please see below - there is an answer but it is someway down as the comment was submitted automatically whilst i was typing - maybe my computer or the website - not sure.

Tonyhal44's Response to Tonyhal44's Review

Written on: 22/11/2014

In the middle of replying to Alamo comment my computer decided to submit it. Here goes again:
I withdraw nothing from the above comment/review but would add the following:-

Tonyhal44's reply to Tonyhal44's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2014

This site is now causing me headaches. suffice to say if it does not collapse on me that Alamo have refunded the excess charge. No confirmation letter to me or the hirer - no apology - just a credit to the paying account. Interestingly they have withdrawn the offending site for Italy from their website although they still offer Zero Excess for other countries. My original comments hold good in my view. Fortunately I did not write to their HQ but would have done had my travelling companion not phoned to say he had received his credit card statement and it showed the refund.

“Alamo Car Hire Jan 2015”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by Ruthd96 (1 review written)

Looking to hire a vehicle for a forthcoming holiday in Florida. Looked at the competition and chose Alamo for the 3rd time in recent years, always found to be a good company to do business with. Will post a review after our experience in January 2015… Read Full Review

alamo.co.uk