Alamo Car Hire Reviews - www.alamo.co.uk

Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

“Road side assistance”

Written on: 16/09/2014 by ColtonPotter380 (1 review written)

Only problem is front page says why choose Alamo, the reason I chose was the extra road side assistance included free as a reason to choose Alamo but this is not mentioned as included on the booking… Read Full Review

“Las Vegas Booking”

Written on: 16/09/2014 by AmeliaMcBride (1 review written)

A very user friendly site, with some very easy to understand graphics. This is the third time we have used Alamo fir our travels to USA and we would not use an other company, service has always been second to none… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Customer Service par Excellence”

Written on: 15/09/2014 by Championsgate (1 review written)

I hired a Car in Florida for the month of May 2014. I hired the Car through FloridaCarHire.com. Their Car hire prices are the best I have ever seen and they gurantee to be the cheapest and the best, this proved to be so with no hidden or add-on charges. The Car was provided by Alamo Car Rentals at the Holiday Inn Maingate East Kissimmee. I was received there by an employee who was absolutely outstanding. I presented the paperwork supplied to me by FloridaCarHire.com plus my Credit Card used in… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Great easy to use online booking”

Written on: 15/09/2014 by Reece1953 (1 review written)

Having booked car hire in Orlando for several years I have always found the online hire process easy to use, great value for money with a vast choice of vehicles. The "The save time feature" and self service booths at the airport speed up the whole process. All customer service is exceptional and without fault. I will always recommend Alamo to friends and family everytime. And having used other car hire firms I find Alamo to be definitely the number on company… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“350 pounds for a windscreen stone chip”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by jannafeeney (2 reviews written)

I hired a car for a week from Alamo/Europcar, all went quite smoothly until we went to return the car at Gatwick and they found a tiny stone chip on the windscreen. I was made to stand in a queue with a 3 month old baby for half an hour tentatively waiting for my flight. They then advised they had to charge me 350 pounds as it was damage to the vehicle. I didn't have time to argue as then was left with an hour until my international flight departed. I phoned the complaints dept later and they… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to jannafeeney's Review

jannafeeney,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this vehicle damage claim for you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental locations, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us. Include any damage claim number you may have received for the windshield, as well.

When emailing, please place reference number 140916-001973 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Alamocares's Response to jannafeeney's Review

Written on: 17/09/2014

jannafeeney

John

“Amendment to booking”

Written on: 13/09/2014

Due to unexpected flight change needed to change car reservation by adding an extra day. Very straightforward amendment using existing booking code… Read Full Review

“Watford Alamo branch”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by Sawyert395 (1 review written)

We made a booking via rentalcars.com for Saturday 7th Sept. Unfortunately we were delayed getting to the pickup location in Watford, arriving just about 1 pm. The office was stillopen with one other customer inside. As we came through the door the agent immediately said he was closing. Given that we would then be stranded with a full weekend planned (we are on a short return visitfrom Australia) and totally reliant on having a vehicle I tried to remonstrate. The agent refused point blank… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Comment

Sawyert935,
Thank you for bringing this service at the Watford branch to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140916-001893 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“luton airport franchise”

Written on: 12/09/2014 by johnhferguson (1 review written)

even though I paid with an English sterling card they would not change the wording "final charge amount will be converted by cardholders issuing bank to nz dollars" why was the invoice in the name "miss" but could not be reissued in mr. suppose I had been stopped late at night by police. why had the car not been cleaned… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to johnhferguson's Review

johnhferguson,
Thank you for bringing these invoice and vehicle cleanliness issues to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140916-001861 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“No car!”

Written on: 12/09/2014 by EJPC (1 review written)

I booked a car online for a long weekend from Friday to Monday. The online process was efficient and I added the Young Driver (21-24 years) option at an additional cost of £81. My booking was accepted, confirmation sent. I arrived at the Preston office (by taxi from the station) only to be told that they did not rent cars to under 25s. I was, therefore, stranded in Preston and had to get another taxi to my destination some 15 miles away. I then spent a rather difficult weekend away with… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to EJPC's Review

EJPC,
Thank you for bringing this policy issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140916-001474 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Alamo

“Booking Problems! Poor after service! Disappointed!”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by RSleigh83 (1 review written)

I was happy with my reservation until I needed to amend it!! It was actually in Alamo's interest as I wanted to add an extra day to my current reservation but it wouldn't allow me to do it online as it was booked using their affiliate programme with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club. I have therefore ended up calling both Alamo and Virgin spending over an hour only for each company to say I need to call the other as the booking wasn't made with them, spent time emailing 2 Alamo customer services… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to RSleigh83's Review

RSleigh83,
Thank you for bringing this amendment issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140916-001449 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Alamo

“So far, so good ! I am very impressed.”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by nyHampton1959 (1 review written)

We are making our first trip to the USA to celebrate our 50th anniversary, so it important that we get things right. In May I 'booked' a car with Avis for May, 2015 and was sent confirmation. When I rang to request a replacement booking confirmation recently (our PC lost the original) I was told that I did not have a car booked ! I had not been told..... They wanted me to re-book it there and then over the phone but quoted $700 more than the original price because "the price is governed by… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“user friendly reservation experience”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by Johnstonug455 (1 review written)

A simple and straightforward booking experience. I have had only good experiences with Alamo, particularly in Orlando, but would have liked a little more detail about the model of vehicle likely to be allocated… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Rental as BA Staff Member”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by ZechariahHorton (1 review written)

I found the process for booking online straightforward - at one point I pressed Enter too soon and found I had gone for an upgrade! No problem - I started again very easily and completed my booking. The "included" features were simple to access, and showed that a limited free mileage applied: no problem as I do not expect to exceed this. On the other hand, the rental price is considerably less than an alternative "unlimited" operator… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Alamo Car Hire Review of web site”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by sgBeasley54 (1 review written)

Web site was user friendly. Gave clear options for upgrades and nothing that seemed irrelevent was asked . All aspects that were covered was repeated at the end just before paying so you could instantly check t was what you agreed. Insurance seemed to be covered but there may be exceptions that were not mentioned , for example , is windscreen damage covered ? Not clear from web site… Read Full Review

Visit alamo.co.uk

“Alamo refused car at airport”

Written on: 09/09/2014 by DesertFrog (1 review written)

The car was prepaid on a UK bank. The booking was made from outside the UK where I work. On arrival, the Europcar clerk ( Alamo is part of Europcar group), ran a credit check and told me there was insufficient evidence on their credit checking companies database that I lived at the address associated with my bank account ( it is my UK house). I explained that the card was new and the number was different. I asked what further proof would help. I had both parts of my licence and passport She… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to DesertFrog's Review

Hi,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please contact us including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference Number 140909-002115 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Carol H.
Alamo Rent A Car

Desertfrog's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Hi,

I have emailed customer services 5 days ago and rang them today (which I had to pay for). I was told it would take 10 days to resolves ...which I think is outrageous.

If you have an alternate contact I'd be happy to resend the information

In the meantime thanks for your interest

Alamocares's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Please email Care[at]Alamo[dot]com.

Alamo Rent a Car

Desertfrog's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2014

My booking reference was 796404907 - please use this to contact me on my primary email (so I know I am not being phished, taken for another ride)

“book with ease”

Written on: 09/09/2014

Very easy to book simple steps and completely finished within about 5 minutes. Have been using Alamo for some years now and am always very satisfied with booking from start to finish. Would definitely recommend… Read Full Review

“Excelent experience”

Written on: 08/09/2014 by zoSuarez1961 (1 review written)

It was very eassy to make the reservation. Save time service I think it make a diference from alamo to other rantal car companys… Read Full Review

“no customer service”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by paul201957 (1 review written)

Supposed to pick up the car from San Fancisco ofarrall street branch @ 1100 Am arrived 1025 to find a queue outside got inside at 1205 8 checkin points of which 5 were maned apart from their break times when it went down to 3 no apologies the manager was sat in his office couldnt give a dam when asked why ge didnt do something about it he shurgged his sholders and said what do you wsnt me to do we said get on a checkin and help no he couldnt do that we final got out off there @1250 half a day… Read Full Review

Alamocares's Response to paul201957's Review

Hi,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to us including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference Number 140909-002054 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Carol H.
Alamo Rent A Car

Alamocares's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Please email Care[at]Alamo[dot]com.

Alamo Rent a Car

“Waiting too long”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by Lillie97 (1 review written)

On trying to book over the internet, very frustrating waiting for the last part after putting all my details in including bank details, Waited over I hour and it still didn't put me on to confirmation. Tried. 3 times each tine the same Have used you a number of times and always been satisfied. But this time I was about to give up. But I didn't… Read Full Review

“Always helpful”

Written on: 06/09/2014 by ofAlexander283 (1 review written)

My husband always likes to use Alamo, we have found your company and staff always very helpful and reliable and have mentioned your company to family and friends… Read Full Review

alamo.co.uk