Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“Good customer service but MASSIVE OVERCHARGE on minor...”

Written on: 08/05/2015 by Bruceh5457 (1 review written)

We were very happy with the customer service at pick-up and drop-off but the charge for a small dent repair was excessive. For example, to repair a slight bumper dent, the cost charged for just the paint was $340AUD! Seems Enterprise Car Rental got a brand new rear bumper for a two year old car on our account. I have asked this company to email to me pictures of the repair work but so far no response. Such a pity that the good work of the customer service staff was offset by the overcharge for… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Bruceh5457's Review

Written on: 08/05/2015

Hi, Bruce. We'd like to get you in touch with our Damage Recovery Unit. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, damage claim or "DX" numbers, and any other details you would like to add. Please include reference number 150508-001448 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

Written on: 18/05/2015

OK, I did reply but so far NO response. Have since emailed to state "I am still waiting".

Written on: 21/05/2015

Still waiting, Collin? When will I get my answer?

Enterprisecares's reply to Bruceh5457's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2015

Hi, Bruce. We do not have an email which includes the reference number 150508-001448. Please try to resend the email or private message us the requested details on our Enterprise Facebook page. Thanks! -Collin

Written on: 23/05/2015

Done. Still waiting.

J.knowles's Response to Bruceh5457's Review

Written on: 20/05/2015

Charge it back on your credit card & persist with it. You will win but it takes time

Bruceh5457's reply to J.knowles's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2015

Simpler for me to spread the word that Enterprise Car Hire company UK abused their ability to overcharge for repairs knowing their client was leaving the country and so did not have opportunity to seek a second quote before Enterprise Car Hire "tapped" the client's credit card for easy money.

I still have not received pictures that I have requested from this company of the repair work for proof of performance for the payment. Still waiting......

“untidy car”

Written on: 20/04/2015

I'm currently using a enterprise car due too accident in own car, so given as a courtesy. The car had not been cleaned inside or outside the gentleman when showing me the controls inside actually removed a used coffee cup as we were sitting. Plus when I pointed out scratches etc on car when we did a walk around he didn't mark it down on his sheet just said they allowed for that. Don't feel confident with the way this company operates hardly use the car unless necessary as don't feel… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/04/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to Care(at)Enterprise(dot)com with complete details such as: contact information, reservation/rental agreement number and the exact address of the rental location involved. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Reference #150420-003533. -Tj

“Excessive excess hard sell”

Written on: 08/03/2015 by Cooneylh204 (1 review written)

Price seemed good on their website so I booked a car for a week. Being wary of excess fees I arranged cover through Questor and today went to pick the car up. A £200 deposit seemed a little high but not terrible and then I was shown the car. Once inside the hard sell starts. "The excess for every item (?) of damage is £1000" "Do you not think that's a little excessive?" I asked "For peace of mind excess cover is available" "How much is that?" I replied. "£17 a day". I don't begrudge… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2015

If you would like to discuss this with us furture please email us with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference #150309-003169. -Tatiana

“Tried to give me a smaller van than promised”

Written on: 25/01/2015

Turned up bang on time to collect my medium size van and they tried to give me a Toyota ProAce.. these vans are considerabley smaller than the Vauxhall Vivaro or Ford Transit which are displayed on their site. Had to wait over an hour what a joke!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/01/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email us with your full name, contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any other details. When emailing, please include reference #150130-001702. We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards - Carl H. Social Monitoring

Written on: 02/02/2015

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 23/01/2015

For a recent holiday in Turkey, booked an automatic 4 WD and was offered a manual car with no other option available for hours after our scheduled pickup time and date. Given that the booking was made over a month before the pick-up day, it’s hard to understand what the issue was. Also, some offices open shorter hours than more major car hire companies. Cheaper than some companies but poorly organised – go with a more mainstream group you can rely on… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/01/2015

We believe that we can only get stronger when we listen to our clients and appreciate your comments. We’d like to speak with you further about your experience in Turkey. Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150128-001252. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator

“Huge Insurance Excess and Additional Deposit!!!”

Written on: 12/12/2014 by Leerahop (1 review written)

While my car was in for its annual MOT and service I had to rent a hire car as I had a busy schedule that week. I decided to use Enterprise because, if their adverts are true, they offer cheap cars and cheerful service, thus seeming ideal for my needs. The staff were extremely friendly and professional as expected; I was shocked, however, at the hidden charges. Firstly, although the rate for a small 'mini' style car was £17.66 daily, very reasonable in my opinion, they demanded a £200 deposit… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Leerahop's Review

Written on: 15/12/2014

I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us with your contact information including phone number, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference 141215-001648. -Tatiana

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2014

Leerahop,
Please email care[at]enterprise[dot]com.

Persistability's Response to Leerahop's Review

Written on: 08/01/2015

Just do a web search for "car hire excess insurance" and get better cover for around £4 per day or £40 per year. This saves a lot compared to their extortionate "£12/day plus something else for tyres and underside cover". Don't let them rip you off.

“customers come second”

Written on: 18/11/2014

I rented from enterprise earlier in the year. Car was basically in good shape but had no parcel shelf which staff knew about but didn't tell me and their pick up service wasn't available that day due to staff shortages. Lack of a parcel shelf meant I couldn't park with luggage visible and was worried that I would be penalised because it was missing. After some discussion Enterprise offered a free upgrade with my next rental. I tried to rent from them in November and use their offer but found… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/11/2014

Hello,
Thank you for alerting us to the service and vehicle upgrade difficulties you received. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your name & contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 141118-002680 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“Overcharged more than quote”

Written on: 17/10/2014 by Daniel437 (1 review written)

I would not recommend renting from them! I recently rented a vehicle and was quote 70/ week and 120 for the bumper to bumper, which was an awesome deal. Much lower than the online quote. However, when I went to return the vehicle they tried charging me 399.00 for the entire week. I was like no that is not what I was quoted. Told them I was quoted the 70 per week. They stated that there was probably a miscommunication and that the sales guy probably meant 70 more than my quote. I was told him… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Hi, we'd be happy to look into these extra charges for you. Please email us with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact rental location, and all the details of your experience so we can research this promptly. Please reference number 141022-001897 in the subject line of your email. Thank you. - Collin

Written on: 07/11/2014

Our team would be happy to assist you further with this. Please email us with the materials requested above and reference number 141022-001897. Thank you.
Carol

Written on: 13/11/2014

Our team would be happy to assist you further with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141022-001897. Thank you.
Enterprise

“Van hire, no good for business use ”

Written on: 07/10/2014 by 479Gallagher (1 review written)

Recently hired a van from Enterprise, got caught out with £800 excess and was also told that I shouldn't use it for work, can't understand the reasoning? Why else would you hire a van. Staff did give clear indications of what exclusions there were… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2014

We'd be happy to look into these extra charges for you. Please email care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, rental location, and any additional details of your experience you would like to include so we can research this promptly. Please reference number 141008-002379 in the subject line of your email. Thank you. -Collin

“Still waiting ”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by 17Sanchez (1 review written)

Waited a half an hour for enterprise to pick me up to go to the rental shop in encinitas. Once there waited nearly an hour after my reservation to get the car. Returned the car the same day on the 11th and am still waiting for my deposit of $300 to be returned… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/09/2014

17Sanchez,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this service at Encinitas for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140918-002110 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Social Media Coordinator
Enterprise

“Bad Attitude on The Kid called herself Assistant Manager”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by tripple (1 review written)

I hired a care for 6pm on 02/09/14 to be returned on 03/09/14 at 6pm. I had a call on my house phone on the 1st of the month to remind me of my booking and to come with two copied of utility bills. I rang them back that I will need to be picked up from home. I then got another call on the day 02/09/14 that the branch close at 6pm and they want me to come and collect the car a bit earlier which I wasn't happy about as I don't know if ill be back to return the car earlier than 6pm the next day… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to tripple's Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140908-003504. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2014

Social Media Monitor
Enterprise

“Car scratched and scare tactics to buy insurance.”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by fcMurdock189 (1 review written)

Picked up the car, it was being washed then I took it, when we got to our destination and the water had dried the car was covered in scratches that weren't evident whilst wet. The washing of the car at our collection time was very much on purpose, if we had seen all the scratches and marks we would have demanded a different car, we were supposed to feel special in a good make car for our weekend away instead we looked like stock car races. We were told horror story scenarios of what we would… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003014. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 21/08/2014

Thank you.

“use them through work- sadly”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Ramonv305 (1 review written)

I have to have a hire car for work if I go anywhere except base- no idea how much the cars cost the firm but they are often very poor quality and not to the spec I had expected. Also they often don't collect the car for several days after I want it taken away and so it sits in the road annoying the neighbours. Colleagues have also had problems with cars smelling of smoke/dirty when meant to be non smoking; car delivered has to be used if we are to get to meetings on time but often not a great… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003355. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 21/08/2014

Thank you.

“Polite and friendly staff, but no car!”

Written on: 30/07/2014

I booked a one-way hire from Newcastle station to my home branch. This car was to get me home from a 450 mile cycling holiday, but when I arrived at Newcastle Station I couldn't find the Enterprise Office at the address given in the reservation email. It turns out I had hired and paid for a car (using the enterprise website) from a branch that isn't there. I had to hire another car (and pay again) and now am trying to get a refund for the booking they say they can't find from the branch that… Read Full Review

“friendly, just dont have a crash”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Karlaa1955 (1 review written)

The staff were spot on. No problem with that side of things. Driven vans a lot so didn't take extra insurance cover out with them. Ended up scraping the van, knocking 2 small side bumpers off and a larger one. They charged me £550 which is pretty steep, as I'd phoned a company to check on the price of new parts and was quoted £280. Its my own fault for not taking extra cover but it shouldn't have cost that much… Read Full Review

“Rubbish cars, a bit sly...”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by BraedenPatterson (1 review written)

Picked up a car today from the branch in Rugby, Warwickshire. I requested "Chevy Aveo" or similar, and it seems they thought I wouldn't notice them giving me the most horrendous car ever put onto British roads -A Chevrolet Spark. There was no mention of a rebate on the extra I paid to have a bigger car until I had to actually show the bloke an e-mail they'd sent to me clearly stating I had requested a larger car. I don't really understand why they think it's acceptable to give these terrible… Read Full Review

Jek1993's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2014

Had a more or less identical experience a couple of months ago - pretty awkward when even the staff are expressing sympathy for the rubbish car they're handing over to you.....

“Delay in paying back my deposit of £200”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by DonnaBrett (1 review written)

Been hiring cars from Byker and Shiremoor for years and had a terrible time few month back getting my deposit back. I stopped using them until 3 weeks ago when I hired again, after returning car back on Monday I am still waiting!… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to DonnaBrett's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

DonnaBrett., Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140626-002418. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

April2Infinity's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

I am waiting now for 2 weeks to get my deposit back. I rented a car at Luton airport in 19th June and gave it back on time and with no damage to it. 10 working days later still no money in my account. I have been in touch with them over the past week and only get told it isn't there responsibility as the money has lwfr their accounts. I was asked to ask my bank where the money is. I even did that twice. There are no pending transactions on my cars/ account.
It is very frustrating as I am due to hire another vehicle in 5 days with Enterprise and have to pay another deposit of £200. No courtesy was shown at all. The manager of the branch doesn't even want to speak to us anymore. Very disappointing.

“No mention of £850 excess when booking”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by BarbaraMeyers (1 review written)

In order to move house, we rented a long wheel base van for a week from the Sidcup branch as it seemed the best rate available online. Even though we only lived in Bromley, the highly-advertised pickup service was not available. Worse, it was only when my husband went to collect the van - basically the point of no return as it would have been too late to hire a van from somewhere else - that we were informed there was an £850 excess. So, if any damage was done to the van, £850 would be taken… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to BarbaraMeyers's Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140520-002350. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Alamocares's Response to BarbaraMeyers's Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140520-002350. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Barbarameyers's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

It doesn't look as though customer service and satisfaction are very important to you. Two identical responses? No email address to respond to? And the same response to everyone who gives a similar review on this website? There's no point contacting you as you obviously aren't going to change - I'm not the first to complain. I just hope more people read the review websites and vote with their feet.

“A big let down ”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by sohailawan57 (1 review written)

Enterprise rent a car Leicester Loughborough Road My car broke down and my warranty service organised rental car from Enterprise , i walked 2 miles to pick car up but just before i had a chance to even look at car sales man dropped a bomb that my access is £700 and if car gets damaged regardless anyone's fault again ... anyone's fault i will loose the money and if wanted to loose only £100 then i should pay £14 per day .now i don't know why he asked me about my insurance provider or why we… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to sohailawan57's Review

Written on: 17/04/2014

sohailawan57, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140417-002067. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's Response to sohailawan57's Review

Written on: 21/04/2014

sohailawan57,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140421-002815 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Social Media Coordinator

Sohailawan57's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2014

Well i had to go back to other place and asked again if it was the case ? They said nope u don't have to pay access if it was not your fault , then I went back to Loughborough road branch and asked for explanation .they said the person who dealt with me is new and apologised .and gave me car which was not washed properly ...anyway I think u should train people before unleashing them on customers .so problem rectified and sins forgiven .no hard feelings there .thanks .

Tallmarc's reply to Sohailawan57's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2014

Unfortunately that's not actually true. You still have to pay the excess for damage such as windscreen chips and punctured tyres, even where these are not down to your fault. I had a small stone chip and have to pay for a new windscreen.

I'd strongly recommend either paying for the excess waiver of buying an independent hire car insurance policy that covers this for you. This is actually the most cost effective way of covering the excess as such policies cost about £50 a year compared to £10+ a day for the hire car firm's own insurance.

“Check hire car with a magnifying glass before you...”

Written on: 18/06/2013 by bigape (5 reviews written)

Due to an accident I had occassion to have a hire car from Enterprise, Rock Ferry Branch, Wirral. The staff were pleasant enough and the vehicle clean and tidy and still wet from the recent wash. On returning the hire car the staff member went virtually immediately to the windscreen to find a chip well below the eyeline on the windscreen...surprise surprise, making some subtle enquiries it turns out that this is common practise amongst car hire firms...so before you accept any vehicles take… Read Full Review