Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“Still waiting ”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by 17Sanchez (1 review written)

Waited a half an hour for enterprise to pick me up to go to the rental shop in encinitas. Once there waited nearly an hour after my reservation to get the car. Returned the car the same day on the 11th and am still waiting for my deposit of $300 to be returned… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/09/2014

17Sanchez,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this service at Encinitas for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140918-002110 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“Bad Attitude on The Kid called herself Assistant Manager”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by tripple (1 review written)

I hired a care for 6pm on 02/09/14 to be returned on 03/09/14 at 6pm. I had a call on my house phone on the 1st of the month to remind me of my booking and to come with two copied of utility bills. I rang them back that I will need to be picked up from home. I then got another call on the day 02/09/14 that the branch close at 6pm and they want me to come and collect the car a bit earlier which I wasn't happy about as I don't know if ill be back to return the car earlier than 6pm the next day… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to tripple's Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140908-003504. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2014

Social Media Monitor
Enterprise

“Car scratched and scare tactics to buy insurance.”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by fcMurdock189 (1 review written)

Picked up the car, it was being washed then I took it, when we got to our destination and the water had dried the car was covered in scratches that weren't evident whilst wet. The washing of the car at our collection time was very much on purpose, if we had seen all the scratches and marks we would have demanded a different car, we were supposed to feel special in a good make car for our weekend away instead we looked like stock car races. We were told horror story scenarios of what we would… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003014. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 21/08/2014

Thank you.

“use them through work- sadly”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Ramonv305 (1 review written)

I have to have a hire car for work if I go anywhere except base- no idea how much the cars cost the firm but they are often very poor quality and not to the spec I had expected. Also they often don't collect the car for several days after I want it taken away and so it sits in the road annoying the neighbours. Colleagues have also had problems with cars smelling of smoke/dirty when meant to be non smoking; car delivered has to be used if we are to get to meetings on time but often not a great… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003355. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 21/08/2014

Thank you.

“Polite and friendly staff, but no car!”

Written on: 30/07/2014

I booked a one-way hire from Newcastle station to my home branch. This car was to get me home from a 450 mile cycling holiday, but when I arrived at Newcastle Station I couldn't find the Enterprise Office at the address given in the reservation email. It turns out I had hired and paid for a car (using the enterprise website) from a branch that isn't there. I had to hire another car (and pay again) and now am trying to get a refund for the booking they say they can't find from the branch that… Read Full Review

“friendly, just dont have a crash”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Karlaa1955 (1 review written)

The staff were spot on. No problem with that side of things. Driven vans a lot so didn't take extra insurance cover out with them. Ended up scraping the van, knocking 2 small side bumpers off and a larger one. They charged me £550 which is pretty steep, as I'd phoned a company to check on the price of new parts and was quoted £280. Its my own fault for not taking extra cover but it shouldn't have cost that much… Read Full Review

“Rubbish cars, a bit sly...”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by BraedenPatterson (1 review written)

Picked up a car today from the branch in Rugby, Warwickshire. I requested "Chevy Aveo" or similar, and it seems they thought I wouldn't notice them giving me the most horrendous car ever put onto British roads -A Chevrolet Spark. There was no mention of a rebate on the extra I paid to have a bigger car until I had to actually show the bloke an e-mail they'd sent to me clearly stating I had requested a larger car. I don't really understand why they think it's acceptable to give these terrible… Read Full Review

Jek1993's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2014

Had a more or less identical experience a couple of months ago - pretty awkward when even the staff are expressing sympathy for the rubbish car they're handing over to you.....

“Delay in paying back my deposit of £200”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by DonnaBrett (1 review written)

Been hiring cars from Byker and Shiremoor for years and had a terrible time few month back getting my deposit back. I stopped using them until 3 weeks ago when I hired again, after returning car back on Monday I am still waiting!… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to DonnaBrett's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

DonnaBrett., Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140626-002418. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

April2Infinity's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

I am waiting now for 2 weeks to get my deposit back. I rented a car at Luton airport in 19th June and gave it back on time and with no damage to it. 10 working days later still no money in my account. I have been in touch with them over the past week and only get told it isn't there responsibility as the money has lwfr their accounts. I was asked to ask my bank where the money is. I even did that twice. There are no pending transactions on my cars/ account.
It is very frustrating as I am due to hire another vehicle in 5 days with Enterprise and have to pay another deposit of £200. No courtesy was shown at all. The manager of the branch doesn't even want to speak to us anymore. Very disappointing.

“No mention of £850 excess when booking”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by BarbaraMeyers (1 review written)

In order to move house, we rented a long wheel base van for a week from the Sidcup branch as it seemed the best rate available online. Even though we only lived in Bromley, the highly-advertised pickup service was not available. Worse, it was only when my husband went to collect the van - basically the point of no return as it would have been too late to hire a van from somewhere else - that we were informed there was an £850 excess. So, if any damage was done to the van, £850 would be taken… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to BarbaraMeyers's Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140520-002350. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Alamocares's Response to BarbaraMeyers's Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140520-002350. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Barbarameyers's reply to Alamocares's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

It doesn't look as though customer service and satisfaction are very important to you. Two identical responses? No email address to respond to? And the same response to everyone who gives a similar review on this website? There's no point contacting you as you obviously aren't going to change - I'm not the first to complain. I just hope more people read the review websites and vote with their feet.

“A big let down ”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by sohailawan57 (1 review written)

Enterprise rent a car Leicester Loughborough Road My car broke down and my warranty service organised rental car from Enterprise , i walked 2 miles to pick car up but just before i had a chance to even look at car sales man dropped a bomb that my access is £700 and if car gets damaged regardless anyone's fault again ... anyone's fault i will loose the money and if wanted to loose only £100 then i should pay £14 per day .now i don't know why he asked me about my insurance provider or why we… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to sohailawan57's Review

Written on: 17/04/2014

sohailawan57, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140417-002067. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's Response to sohailawan57's Review

Written on: 21/04/2014

sohailawan57,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140421-002815 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sohailawan57's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2014

Well i had to go back to other place and asked again if it was the case ? They said nope u don't have to pay access if it was not your fault , then I went back to Loughborough road branch and asked for explanation .they said the person who dealt with me is new and apologised .and gave me car which was not washed properly ...anyway I think u should train people before unleashing them on customers .so problem rectified and sins forgiven .no hard feelings there .thanks .

Tallmarc's reply to Sohailawan57's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2014

Unfortunately that's not actually true. You still have to pay the excess for damage such as windscreen chips and punctured tyres, even where these are not down to your fault. I had a small stone chip and have to pay for a new windscreen.

I'd strongly recommend either paying for the excess waiver of buying an independent hire car insurance policy that covers this for you. This is actually the most cost effective way of covering the excess as such policies cost about £50 a year compared to £10+ a day for the hire car firm's own insurance.

“Check hire car with a magnifying glass before you...”

Written on: 18/06/2013 by bigape (5 reviews written)

Due to an accident I had occassion to have a hire car from Enterprise, Rock Ferry Branch, Wirral. The staff were pleasant enough and the vehicle clean and tidy and still wet from the recent wash. On returning the hire car the staff member went virtually immediately to the windscreen to find a chip well below the eyeline on the windscreen...surprise surprise, making some subtle enquiries it turns out that this is common practise amongst car hire firms...so before you accept any vehicles take… Read Full Review

“Enterprise - Bad experience”

Written on: 29/04/2013

Had hired a car for 3 days from enterprise slough. When a customer comes to hire a car, they make it an awkward situation to say no to the car insurance. They try to hard sell it. On the last day there was a scratch on the front bumper. I went to return it and then they found that 2 tyres had some cuts on them. I had not observed this to such a detail when I had collected for which the female just said you might have seen it before collecting(just another way of saying - you are gonna pay for… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/04/2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. My name is Megan and I work for Enterprise's Social Media Dept. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 130430-003070 in the subject line.

Megan

“Very slow at counter”

Written on: 12/03/2013

This was nothing like my experiences at Hertz. At Enterprise I waited at least 20 minutes to get the car and this was with no one in line ahead of me. We had been picked up in another car and they took so long that one of the employees drove off in the car with our stuff in it. It then took even longer to get the stuff brought from the car we were picked up in to the car we rented. Upon return, it then took another unreasonable amount of time to return the vehicle even with no one in line… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/03/2013

Hello,

My name is Amelia from the Social Monitoring Team at Enterprise Rent-a-Car and I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. We are interested in addressing this. We've taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, the address of your specific rental branch, and any further information. We'd be happy to help. When emailing, please list Reference Number 130331-000408 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Amelia
Enterprise Rent-a-Car

“A Nightmare Car Hire Story From ENTERPRISE - LONDON”

Written on: 21/01/2013 by Halmer (1 review written)

I hired a car from Enterprise car rental at London Uxbridge for a period abouth 3 weeks. I booked my car I have choosen by the phone and the car I have choosen was an manual Opel Insignia. The day I went to collect my car I was reported that The car I booked was not available and I was offered a higher stage car. Even though I was offered reduction on the new car I was offered but still had to pay more than I should. As restult as I was not happy to pay more than what I should for my car hire I… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Halmer's Review

Written on: 21/01/2013

Mr. Merdinligil,
Thank you for your post. My name is Katherine and I am on the Social Monitoring Team for Enterprise. We would like to look into you recent rental experience. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with you contact information and any addtional details. In the subject line please type reference number 130121-001878.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to your email.
Katherine

“Enterprise just went from heroes to zeroes!”

Written on: 26/11/2012 by sino123 (1 review written)

I hired a car from enterprise in the Sheffield branch end of august 2012. Took the family for a holiday in wales, the staff at the branch were amazing. They came to pick me up in the morning as a complimentary service, the rental procedure although long went through smoothly. I brought the car back and got my deposit as well. Yesterday, i received a letter saying that there has been a parking contravention and the car was rented by me. It was a different car, different dates and in a part of… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to sino123's Review

Written on: 27/11/2012

sino123,

I am happy to hear you initially had a great experience and regret to hear this new matter has developed. I would definitely like to look into this for you. Please email me at Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information and any rental agreement numbers, ticket numbers, or claims numbers. In the subject line please type reference # 121127-001127.

Thank you for your post and I look forward to receiving your email.

Katherine

“What a scam”

Written on: 17/10/2012 by Mystik87 (1 review written)

I booked a car in gilroy, ca. Final price without insurance was $80, with the insutsnce i got it should have came out to $160 at the most. When I got to the location they upgraded my car for an additional $10, just to find out when I came back, that final bill was $240. They scammed us and would not credit anything back. They billed us for some unauthorized charges. Called to dropouts charges and they tried to say they told us about he charges. Never again will I do business with them. Not to… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Mystik87's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

We’ve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your recent experience with us in Gilroy, CA.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121017-001081 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprisecares's Response to Mystik87's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121017-001990 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise Rent A Car

“Charged for 'optional insurance' 2 month delay in refund”

Written on: 02/10/2012 by Hamster60 (1 review written)

**PLEASE CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING OR BETTER STILL ASK TO SEE PAPERWORK/ON SCREEN BEFORE LEAVING WITH THE CAR TO CONFIRM CHARGES** Intially rented car through Enterprise through insurance as courtesy car. Service was great so rented independently for a week. Opted out of paying extra for insurance that brings the excess down. Signed the form to say decline. When I returned the car and looked at the receipt when I got home I noticed that they had charged me for this optional insurance… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Hamster60's Review

Written on: 02/10/2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121002-001963 in the subject line.

Gillian T.
Social Monitor Coordinator

“Hidden Charges When Booking An Enterprise Hire Car On Line”

Written on: 01/09/2012

I booked a hire car to be collected from Bristol Airport and returned to Plymouth using the online form and was quoted £36 or there abouts. The form specifically asks where the vehicle is to be returned and the quote gives you a final figure which includes VAT, car hire and premium location fee. When I came to collect the car at nine o'clock at night I was quoted over £60 pounds! When I queried this I was told there was an additional charge for a one way hire. Why wasn't this in the quote… Read Full Review

“'Attitude of staff'”

Written on: 26/06/2012

Having hired a car from 'Enterprise'in the UK at Easter, I choose the same company when I went to Cork,Ireland at the end of May this year. However,the service and attitude of the staff in Cork was totally different. Unhelpful attitude, and despicable service. I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to hire a car from this company in Cork. Regards Peter Aherne Jersey Channel Islands… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/06/2012

We’ve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 120627-001484 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise Rent A Car

“Cheapest Online, Actual Price Triple Quoted Price”

Written on: 05/03/2012

After comparing the price, I decided to book a cheapest rental car at $55 for three days from Enterprise RAC Company. At the desk, I told the man that I had enrolled Amex auto insurance. He said he didn't know how that would work and the Amex would only cover damage not liabilities. I insisted on basic coverage, but he asked and included following insurances: DW $17.99/day PAI $3/day SLP $12.99/day Roadside Assistance $3.99/day For three days the above insurance items added up to $114… Read Full Review