Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“2 months and still waiting for a refund”

Written on: 02/10/2014

Van rental received a stone chip to the front windscreen during the rental while going down the motorway. Only a small chip and no MOT failure. Staff not sure if could be repaired so they said would ring with the outcome. Took a week for them to get back to me at which point I found out the windscreen had been repaired the day after the repair and the cost is £42, not bad really. Was told the remaining balance of my deposit (£158) would be refunded in 7-10 working day. Three weeks later still… Read Full Review

“Shocking Treatment of Old Lady”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by GavinWilliams (1 review written)

Rented out a van for 24 hours. Upon picking up the van a staff member spent at most a few minutes checking the van. This is my first time renting so I was relying on her trained eye to pick up any damage that was hard to spot to the untrained eye. I have witnesses to this inspection who most of them were also present when returning the vehicle. We return the vehicle the next day undamaged and the staff member checking it in spends around 25-30 minutes doing the most military precision style of… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to GavinWilliams's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Also reference #140929-002130 in the subject. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's Response to GavinWilliams's Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

“never again”

Written on: 26/09/2014 by ftBoyle294 (1 review written)

Booked a van 9 days in advance for pick up 9am. From stapleford, had a call day b4 that van would be ready at 2pm due to error. When we went to collect...no van. Told could have nxt day at 9 but would now come from Redhill, rang them..no van..they said was coming from traffic st,rang them..no van, after losing the will to live finally got a van...from Worksop.. A day later and a hours drive away. Couldn't organise p up in brewery, never use them again… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2014

Written on: 30/09/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Also reference #140926-002323 in the subject. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“shocking”

Written on: 23/09/2014 by MichaelStiles (1 review written)

i swear enterprise are the biggest bunch of r3tards and sit around with there thumbs up each others asshol3s instead of using there peanut sized brain to think about what to actually do with a customer… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/09/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, contact info, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140923-003171. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“Worst customer care”

Written on: 20/09/2014 by Downeyue497 (1 review written)

I took a rental car from enterprise Whitehall PA and had it for a day and dropped the key inbox and they charged me for two days rentals.this was not said to me initially and later deducted from my credit card without even informing me.myron is the manager.now they speaks about company policy.worst experience in this 3years… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140922-002107. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 30/09/2014

“Enterprise Service...its just not appropriate!”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by AHorscroft (1 review written)

I have recently hired a vehicle via my company’s business account for a 24hr period and today I have been informed they have discovered the following damage which they believe has been caused during my rental: - Front grill pushed up - Bumper coming away from the light I am adamant this damage has not been caused during the time the vehicle was in my possession and from looking at previous reviews, Enterprise see a business rental as an opportunity to falsify claims. I have raised a… Read Full Review

Ahorscroft's Response to AHorscroft's Review

Written on: 19/09/2014

Wow - Just called the Rotherham Enterprise Office to advise i am running a little late attending our meeting today to be informed the car has already been repaired and the company will now be invoiced. Guess what, no call to me was made as a result of it ''not being appropiate as i may have been working'' they really were just going to wait for me to attend to advise me of this.

I am now awaiting a call back from a manager and i have to admit this was suggested by the advisor who answered the phone not that i think this will assist.

I do hope that they have taken some photos of this damage as i am keen to see these.........starting to doubt their being any damage in the first place.

18.09.14 - Car collected

18.09.14 - (7.30pm) Returned home to discover damage form posted through door

19.09.14 - (8.30am) - Called Enterprise logged dispute and arranged to visit

19.09.14 - Car repaired (time unknown)

19.09.14 - (5.20pm) Called to advise of a delay in attending. Told damaged repaired

Enterprisecares's reply to Ahorscroft's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2014

AHorscroft,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this damage claim for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement number, damage claim number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140919-001819 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“Avoid them!! They will cheat you to charge extra money”

Written on: 16/09/2014 by hupacu (1 review written)

I rented a car through enterprise a couple of weeks ago through kayak.com. The price announced was 100€. At the rental office I had to pay other fees and a mandatory insurance; it was 160€. I know that this type of things occur frequently so it was ok for me. The week after I was going to need a car again so, as my previous experience was ok, I did the same. However, when I arrived to the airport, the lady told me it was 260€ instead. I was surprised by this and ask them why did it change… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to hupacu's Review

Written on: 18/09/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140918-001892. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Hupacu's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 28/09/2014

In which email shall I contact you?

“Enterprise Missing Spare Wheel”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by AlejandraBurns113 (1 review written)

I hired an MPV for a week in Scotland from Enterprise in Darlington. Being a careful driver, I declined the additional CDW insurance that was going to cost an additional £200 and accepted the risk of an £850 excess. On returning the vehicle, I was alarmed to find that although the check confirmed no damage to the bodywork, the spare wheel that was attached to the underside of the MPV had been 'stolen'. Enterprise said that it must have been taken in Scotland because they do a 25 point check… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140908-003565. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 09/09/2014

I have emailed the details as requested and await your response.

Written on: 16/09/2014

Despite a quick response from the Social Media Monitor saying that our case has been passed on to an Area Manager, there has been no contact whatsoever from anyone in the last 7 days. I really do not feel that customer service and satisfaction are very important to Enterprise.

Written on: 30/09/2014

I am pleased to say that another two weeks later and this issue appears to have been resolved. The Area Manager has offered to refund our £200.00 deposit. Thank you to Enterprisecare for their assistance.

“BE CAREFUL OF THIS CO. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU BOOK VIA...”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by malazavranga (1 review written)

We have booked the car via internet.We have booked the car to take it from Athens airport and leave it at Volos town after 4 days. They have NOT mentioned that there will be an added charge of 270 euro (Euro.230 for the rental + 270 euro) because we were going to leave it at Volos. You have to be mad to accept this offer but unfortunately there was no mention of that and the email we have received as confirmation mentioned only 230 euro. We have arrived at Athens airport and we had the… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to malazavranga's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140903-002332. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Malazavranga's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

Hi,

As stated in your comments above if customer service and satisfaction are very important to your company explain me pls why nobody bothered to help us during our overseas half an hour call? The persons you have for these situations didn't even have the politeness to give us any attention about our problem. It was the first time doing business with your company and the last. Don't misunderstand me but put your place in mine.
I will send you all the details tonight.
Thank you.

Enterprisecares's Response to malazavranga's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

malazavranga,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this service for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, original reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us and the Athens branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140903-002406 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Malazavranga's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

Hi,

I will send you all the details tonight but speaking on the phone with a colleague of you for half an hour overseas call not bothering at all helping us I don't think this is proper for a company like yours. We are travelling quite often and this was a real crime.

Anyway thank you for you reply.

“dp insurance”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by pinano1 (1 review written)

if your thinking of hiring a car in the uk ....hire with enterprise.uk not enterprise.com.....be careful you have DP included... i have been hiring cars for 20 years and this year i was confronted at the rental desk stating i had cancelled dp..which isnt the case then told that if i booked via enterprise.com it is an american site and the site automatically doesnt give dp with hired cars as the amercians are covered with automatic dp on all visa cards I am not an amercian and didnt cancel dp… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to pinano1's Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

pinano1,
Thank you for bringing this booking issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140827-002742 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“GBP700 Excess Charged to Credit Card with no Damage”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by cvHewitt385 (1 review written)

Like most of us do these days is to book a car on the internet comparing prices and now I am truly regretting my booking with Enterprise Car Rental. The recent marketing campaign on TV stating "American Service" in reality means "Try to get as much money from the customer" besides the car hire charges. I had booked a Vauxhall Insignia on the internet and of course when I get the branch in Guildford on 28-7-14, I am offered a Toyota Auri instead. The reason for booking a Vauxhall Insignia is… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

cvHewitt385,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, damage claim number for the windshield (if you received one) and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140827-002646 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprisenightmares2014's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2014

Hi,

Email sent on 2-9-14 10:03am UK Time with all details requested.

I will await your response.

Thank you.

“Claim for damages not done by me”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by Declan239 (1 review written)

I had the misfortune of booking a car via my company from Enterprise. The car was dropped off (dirty), but other than that all OK. When it was collected, the driver was quite rude and pointed out a stone chip (about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen) and said I had done it. I stated that it was probably there when it was dropped off, as the windscreen was so dirty it woul dnot have been noticed. The guy was quite rude saying I would have to sign saying he did not do it (I'm still not… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise[dot]com including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference Number 140825-002922 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Charyse
Social Monitoring Coordinator

Merlinsfield's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Hi, I've just had a similar experience with enterprise and would be interested to know if you managed to resolve this with them?
Kindest regards
Jules

“Don't waste your time or money ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by yeHastings42 (1 review written)

I dealt with the Edinburgh City Centre branch in July this year. I had booked and pre-paid this car hire through a travel agent in Australia. When we arrived to pick up the car, they told us that they had been trying to get into contact with me because the car we had hired had been written off (I had no calls or emails). No cars were available at that branch for several days, and the surrounding car hire companies had closed at that stage of the evening. When asked whether an alternative… Read Full Review

yeHastings42,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with with the Edinburgh City Centre branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001893 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Consumer42's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2014

Thank you Mitch, I have emailed you twice already. The first time was on the 11th of July and then I sent it off again yesterday through your website. It includes names and a lot more detail.

“ never use enterprise beware of booking on line”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by Tiptoae (1 review written)

Please never book an enterprise car on line, the conformation notice does not reflect if you booked a an automatic or manual car. So if you have made a misktske such as booking a manual instead of an automatic you will not know until you go to collect the car. This is what happened to my mother and enterprise bristol airport charged my elderly parents £828.00 for 12 days car hire for an automatic car. We made a complaint and so far enterprise have not bothered to respond… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Tiptoae's Review

Tiptoae,
Thank you for bringing this vehicle issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience at the Bristol Airport branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-001796 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

**Correction:

Please use reference #140822-001796 in your email's subject line.

Mitch

“Charged for damages not made”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by xoRamirez325 (1 review written)

I rented a car through Enterprise (booked in the UK collected in Italy), I had to return the car before the office opened to catch a flight back to the UK. Received an email alleging damage a few days later, it said I would receive an invoice. The only option for dispute was through customer service section of website, no response at all. No invoice received, credit card charged. I have been completely ignored, I have photographic evidence that proves no damage was done. Will never use… Read Full Review

xoRamirez325,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding the vehicle's damage and claim.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001441 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“TOOK PAYMENT 3 TIMES AND THEN SAID THEY HAVE NOT”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by HUSNA777 (1 review written)

I ALWAYS HIRE FROM ENTERPRISE BUT NEVER REALISED THIS IS THE SERVICE I WOULD GET. PREPAID MY BOOKING ONLINE, WENT IN GOT CHARGED EXTRA AGAIN FOR THE PREPAID AND ALSO THE DEPOSIT. ONLY TO FIND OUT A DAY LATER ANOTHER 200 POUNDS DEPOSIT WAS HELD BY ENTERPRISE AND NOT ONLY THAT AN EXTRA 28 POUNDS. SO IN TOTAL MY RENTAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN 200 POUNDS DEPOSIT AND 28 POUNDS FOR RENTAL. BUT THEY CHARGED ME 34 POUNDS THEN 258 POUNDS THEN ANOTHER 228 POUNDS. I WAS IN MINUS WITH MY BANK AND THEN THEY KEPT… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to HUSNA777's Review

HUSNA777,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into these additional charges for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with the Heathrow branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001391 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Damage Repair Scams!”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by jwKrause366 (1 review written)

Rented and returned a vehicle in the exact same location, but had to drop the keys in the deposit box, as my flight departed before the rental counter opened.Two days later, a manager calls and emails to tell me that there is damage to the vehicle. There were NO incidents in that car while it was in my possession, so the damage could only have occurred on THEIR lot or been present at the time I rented it. In any event, because the renter is "responsible" for the vehicle until the rental agent… Read Full Review

jwKrause366,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number, damage claim number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-001323 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“The least professional car hire company ”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by malizadeh01 (1 review written)

You are never promised a car until you physically go to them and pay for one. the online booking confirmation stands for nothing. Rude staff at Cambridge office. To avoid… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to malizadeh01's Review

malizadeh01,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact Cambridge rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001315 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Never use this company”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by tjFigueroa164 (1 review written)

Hired van for one day and when I returned it the following day I was told there was a scuff mark on the plastic trim at the bottom of the drivers door. It was hardly visible but was told my £200 deposit was not being returned to me. I will never hire a vehicle from this company again. I wish I had read the Internet forums about this company before hand as I would never of hire anything from them. I will be warning all of my friends, family and work mates about this company. BE WARNED… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

tjFigueroa164,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this damage claim for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, claim number (if you have one) and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-003740 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Appalling and unprofessional”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by EileenRichardson (1 review written)

I was travelling around the UK. I booked my car in advance by telephone and gave my credit card details. I then proceeded to book other aspects of my holiday elsewhere, paying in advance, based on having a car to get there. When I arrived to collect my car at Shiremoor Enterprise near Newcastle UK, travelling to a schedule, I was told my credit card was not acceptable because it is a Mastercard Traveller Card. I was also told I could not pay in cash nor could my friend pay with her UK Visa… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to EileenRichardson's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

EileenRichardson,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact Shiremoor rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-003686 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.