Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“My car was sent to the garage for a week so I ended up...”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Maeves58 (1 review written)

My car was sent to the garage for a week so I ended up hiring a car from Enterprise for that week. I picked a car, and the salesperson explained that my FULL excess of £1,400 would be charged even for the slightest damage. Then he obviously tried to sell me all sorts of insurance. I am a super careful driver, and was not going to use the car much, so I refused to fall for the add-on insurance costs and took the car. The salesperson inspected the car, all seemed fine, and gave me the keys. 1… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/03/2015

We'd like to look into this further for you. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to provide. When emailing, please include reference number 150331-002877 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Written on: 31/03/2015

“Absolute Shambles”

Written on: 28/03/2015

We needed to hire a car for a week and so we used the Enterprise on line booking service. We needed the car at short notice so the booking was only made the day before we wanted to collect the car. The booking was made online and paid for in full at the time of booking. As we were leaving to go and collect the hire car we received a phone call from the enterprise branch to say that there was not a car available for us. As far as the were concerned that was our fault for only booking it the day… Read Full Review

“Enterprise Car Rentals - Park Royal London - Terrible...”

Written on: 14/03/2015 by Buckley417 (1 review written)

Had a car rental arranged by my insurance company when my car went in for a repair following an accident. When the car was delivered to me I did not check the car thoroughly as I should have done and I was at work and I was busy. I did not take the option of taking the 0 excess which was offered to me at the time because I do not travel long distances and I always parked my cars in a secure place when I was not driving the car. I took very good care of the car given to me for the duration of… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/03/2015

We'd like to look into this further. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement number, exact location you rented from in London, your claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to to add. Please include the reference number 150317-001428 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,

Sturose's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2015

The very same thing has happened to me will never use them again rubbish!!!

Written on: 17/03/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, contact information (with phone#) and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150317-001444. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“Absolute theives”

Written on: 14/03/2015 by Sonny305 (1 review written)

I rented a car off them for 2 days and I as go to pick up the car. Everything went smoothly but as I was getting walked around the car. It was dirty and not washed outside. So no visible dents or scratches under the bottom sills could be seen nether or less hoovered inside even. So I returned the car and let the chap do his checks just on return to say damage under a sill. So advised him that his own member of staff didn't show me or this dent before hand because the car was dirty. So this is a… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Sonny305's Review

Written on: 17/03/2015

We'd like to look into this further. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, any claim or "DX' number, and any other details you would like to provide. when emailing, please include reference number 150317-001364 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Enterprise Rent A Car

“rip off company do not trust ”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by canannmarie (1 review written)

Booked a car on the 9th March 2015 phoned the company 3 times to find out why I got picked up at 11 as I booked the car for 10.30.I phoned the company asking if I needed any proof as my partner would be driving the said just driving licence and paper bit .nothing about a debit card for a payment of 200 pounds So did not get the car .I phoned for my refund to be told I was not entitled to it. Raging to say the least .I have now contacted my lawyer who will be taking it further .the company is… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to canannmarie's Review

Written on: 11/03/2015

I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference #150311-002564. -Tatiana

“Expensive and untrustworthy”

Written on: 09/03/2015

It's so much more expensive than they make out on the website. Ended up paying well over the odds to bring the excess down to £100 from £1000. We took the car back early because of this but left something in the car. This was at closing time. Went back as soon as they opened again the next day only but of course it wasn't there and the staff denied all knowledge. The car was clean and drove fine but the back light was broken, there were three chips in the windscreen, and there was a huge… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2015

If you would like to discuss this with us further please email us with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference 150309-003214. -Tatiana

Please email us. -Tatiana

“let down by Leeds Sheepscar again”

Written on: 07/03/2015 by reki (1 review written)

booked a van online on Saturday to collect on monday, got confirmation in my email, and money came out of my account, so i relaxed, the email dont remind me of what i need to take as proof of i d and address, but i took my driving licence and 2 bills, of which one was a council bill. when i presented this i was told i cant have a car because i outstanding payment of which i told them i pay by direct debit its the way the council bills me.so i asked to go and get a different bill of which i was… Read Full Review

Reki's Response to reki's Review

Written on: 08/03/2015

on Tuesday i phoned to ask for a refund since i didn't get a car from enterprise, and i was told that the refund was processed, i should get it in 48h, that was after a long wait while he searched for my details.

today i phoned again since i haven't seen the money in my account.... suprise !!!! they will processing it now since it was not done, last week....but the guy did apologise, hope he means it ????

Enterprisecares's Response to reki's Review

Written on: 09/03/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details such as: contact information, reservation/rental agreement number and the exact address of the rental location involved. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Please reference 150309-003124. -Tatiana

Reki's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

RESERVATION INFORMATION
-----------------------

Confirmation Number: 148539016

Leeds , sheepscar branch

“Check cars with a fine tooth comb!!”

Written on: 05/03/2015

Had a Vauxhall Insignia, Direct Line arranged this while my car was being repaired. I mistakenly trusted that Enterprise checked the cars thoroughly, but I now know that you need to look over their cars with a fine tooth comb. The bottom trim between the two wheels on the passenger door was covered in mud when car dropped off, but strangely enough when they picked the car up that same area had a crack in it. I certainly did not do it, and the car was only left in a driveway and driven to… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/03/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150305-001869. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

Theneills's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2015

Hi
Thanks for your reply. You have asked me to send you a detailed email, but have not mentioned an email address. I do not want to give personal information for everyone to see. I will gladly give you the information you require if I have your email address.
Thanks

“van hire”

Written on: 04/03/2015 by qbHatch107 (1 review written)

this company are high way robbers when I took van back it had the smallest scratch on back bumper witch was probably there before the most rude and ignorant staff told me I had to pay excesses o 1050 pounds so they tuck the 200 deposit and with out telling me emptied my bank account cheers enterprise have got bank charges now never again… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/03/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location rented, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150304-002238. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“Hidden charges Beware. Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 03/03/2015

i visited their offices in Wakefield to book car for rental.was told a very good price.so went ahead to book my car,i asked if there was anything else i was supposed to know but was advised that only needed to pay 200 deposit plus rental costs.When i came to collect the car that's when all hell broke loose.the staff attempted to sell me expensive insurance on top of my rental costs ,telling me that if i don't take the insurance ,i will incur a £1000 excess in the event that the car comes back… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

Customer service is important to us and we'd like to look into your experience in Wakefield further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any other details you would like to provide. When emailing, please include reference number 150303-001805 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

“Enterprise I wouldn't bother! Hidden Excess beware!”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by CamilleFoley (1 review written)

I had to have a hire car because someone drove in the side of our car, the insurance company supplied us with a car from Enterprise. When the car was dropped off I was asked how much my insurance excess was because if I signed the damage waiver this is what I would pay so I signed my excess being £200 ok. A couple of days before the car was due to go back I marked the rear bumper It wasn't that bad and thought well at least I will only have to pay my excess £200. Later that week Enterprise… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

We'd like into your experience further. Please contact us at care[at]Alamo[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, and any other details you would like to provide. When emailing, please include reference number 150303-001752 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Collin

Written on: 03/03/2015

I apologize. That contact address is actually care[at]Enterprise[dot]com. -Collin

“Appalling!”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by PamelaN (1 review written)

Booked a car from Nice airport through Enterprise, including a car seat for our 1 year old. When we arrived at the airport we waited in a queue of 5 people, all of whom had reserved cars in advance. However, Enterprise had 'run out of cars'. Despite this, Enterprise had not made any arrangements in advance with other car hire companies. After spending 2 hours (with our 1 year old needing to go to bed - in the end she got so upset on the drive to our Gite that she vomited) at the car rental… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to PamelaN's Review

Written on: 26/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Pamela. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details such as: contact information, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #150226-001805. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Please email care[at]enterprise[dot]com.

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Please email care[at]enterprise[dot]com.

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by Clarkly123 (1 review written)

I hired a car from Enterprise in Colchester England on 5th January and returned between 11:30am and 11:45am on the 16th January. I returned a call from Enterprise between 2:30pm and 3pm on the 16th regarding the payment for a cracked windscreen. This was paid and settled.During this phone call I received acknowledgement that the car was in good condition and it had been accepted back with no other problems. The hire contract ended. At no point did they mention a punctured tyre or any further… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150220-001663. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

Written on: 23/02/2015

We can be reached at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com. -Collin

“Watch out for this one”

Written on: 18/02/2015 by 96Stuart (1 review written)

A very similar experience to the one reported a few days ago. Our Mercedes ML350 was damaged in a no fault accident and our insurance company directed us to Enterprise Crawley for a replacement vehicle whilst it was being fixed. Initially they delivered a Zafira although when we pointed out this was hardly like for like they agreed to replace it with a Toyota Landcruiser. Shortly prior to it's scheduled delivery Enterprise phoned to say they had a ML just returned which needed some work on it… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Stuart. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150219-001803. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“Tyre what Tyre here is an enterprise Tyre.”

Written on: 12/02/2015

from the outset of our journey with this company everything went wrong, we received a call telling us our car would be delivered on a date which was then moved, we then had a call telling us we could not have the car because of an issue and true to form this was resolved and another date was arranged which was no use at all, finally get the car delivered to us by enterprise rep late and end up having to hurry through paper work and inspection we return the can with no bodywork damage etc, but a… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

We'd like to look into your experiences at our Kilmarnock location further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 150212-001887 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,

Georgieboy68's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2015

Same thing just happened to me . Seems a company sponsored trick. Beware .

Written on: 18/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150218-001428. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“Be warned- do not use Enterprise/Guerin!”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by AlannaSherwood318 (1 review written)

Never use Enterprise at Faro Airport.It is not Enterprise.It is actually a partner company called Guerin which you will only discover when you arrive at the airport. This is a Portuguese company which is totally unscrupulous and operates purely to extract more money from you. The original price quoted with Enterprise bears no resemblance to the price you actually pay when you get to the airport. We booked a car on-line to be picked up at Faro Airport in August last year. The charge for the hire… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi, Alanna. We take customer service very seriously and would like to have our International Specialists in our Escalations Department look into your experience at Faro airport further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any other details you would like to include. When emailing, please include reference number 150205-001461 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

“surprise charges”

Written on: 02/02/2015

booked a van for the weekend from enterprise online for a house move as could not afford a removal company.booked and paid online in advance to save more money.got to the chosen rental place on first day of rental only to be informed that a £200 deposit was required before they would release the van.was like being held to ransom.could not afford this and was left with no van for my house move.was unable to get another van from another company as your company now had my money.lost most of my… Read Full Review

Hello,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this experience for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your name & contact information, the exact branch location, original reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us in Glasgow.

When emailing, please place reference number 150202-001555 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Enterprise

“bad customer service and charged for worn tyres”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by Elliottdf165 (1 review written)

Drove back from enterprise by treforest south Wales and the tire was flat by the time I got home. The tire was clear worn and wasn't something I had drove over. I went to change the tire but there were no tools in the van for me to release the spare tyre. So I had to call the a a and lost a days work. When I took the van back a week later they told me I had to pay for the tyre and we're very rude. Didn't tell me how much a new tyre would be as they said they had to get a quote. I asked them to… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/01/2015

Hi,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email us with your full name, contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any other details. When emailing, please include reference #150130-001718. We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards - Carl H. Social Monitoring

Spitfire.1's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2015

This is par for the course with this company, as I and many others like yourself have and will continue to encounter what is acceptable practice for them, from what I can figure out this is company policy to rip off customers, tell the customer it must be your fault we clean,check and maintain a high standard throughout, no they don't and they have no qualms about calling you a liar, as you say don't be mugged off with croocked practice stay well clear.

Written on: 26/02/2015

I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please provide us with reference #150226-001920. -Tatiana

Jodiewarburton's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2015

I will send you the details today wasn't sure if this was enterprise with the poor written email in the comment above, unsure why you have not used the symbol @.

“Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a...”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by Reese285 (1 review written)

Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a slight accident I had back in June. My insurance company understandably wanted to see the quote and invoice for the actual cost of the damages. It took multiple phone calls from australia and emails to get them to send those documents (and then I got the clear impression that the young man who agreed to send them was doing something he could get in trouble for and that he was embarrassed by the situation). Surprise, surprise, the actual… Read Full Review

Kayro's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2015

Bellieve it or not, not long after I wrote that review I checked my credit card statement and the refund had been credited a couple of days earlier. I'm grateful to finally have it settled, but don't take back any of my negative feelings about how entreprise handled this and treated me.

I should not have had to pay the full excess in the first place, and I should not then have had to be so persistent to get the documents I needed for my insurance, and the money Enterprise owed me.

Written on: 28/01/2015

Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150126-004942. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I understand you did get your refund, but I would still like to follow up with you about the customer care received. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150126-004942. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW (...”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by Philpennicott (1 review written)

Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW ( which I understand covets the insurance excess on any damage to the rental car, or third party claims. On arrival at Almeria airport I was directed by phone to the back of a van in the car park and told that I was liable for the first €1000 of damage to the vehicle but I could cover this for €75. I explained that I had paid up front for the car and included CDW, however he would not accept this and was adamant that I paid €75. This was… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150126-004849. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Philpennicott's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Well, this review certainly got a response and I now have great admiration for the customer care scheme. I have now been told that I will receive a full refund.
Wonderful and I am delighted because up till now I have always had great service from Enterprise and will certainly use again.
I would love to upgrade the star rating to a 5star for customer service.

Enterprisecares's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 28/01/2015

Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150126-004849. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator