Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“van hire”

Written on: 04/03/2015 by qbHatch107 (1 review written)

this company are high way robbers when I took van back it had the smallest scratch on back bumper witch was probably there before the most rude and ignorant staff told me I had to pay excesses o 1050 pounds so they tuck the 200 deposit and with out telling me emptied my bank account cheers enterprise have got bank charges now never again… Read Full Review

“Hidden charges Beware. Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 03/03/2015

i visited their offices in Wakefield to book car for rental.was told a very good price.so went ahead to book my car,i asked if there was anything else i was supposed to know but was advised that only needed to pay 200 deposit plus rental costs.When i came to collect the car that's when all hell broke loose.the staff attempted to sell me expensive insurance on top of my rental costs ,telling me that if i don't take the insurance ,i will incur a £1000 excess in the event that the car comes back… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

Customer service is important to us and we'd like to look into your experience in Wakefield further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any other details you would like to provide. When emailing, please include reference number 150303-001805 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

“Enterprise I wouldn't bother! Hidden Excess beware!”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by CamilleFoley (1 review written)

I had to have a hire car because someone drove in the side of our car, the insurance company supplied us with a car from Enterprise. When the car was dropped off I was asked how much my insurance excess was because if I signed the damage waiver this is what I would pay so I signed my excess being £200 ok. A couple of days before the car was due to go back I marked the rear bumper It wasn't that bad and thought well at least I will only have to pay my excess £200. Later that week Enterprise… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

We'd like into your experience further. Please contact us at care[at]Alamo[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, and any other details you would like to provide. When emailing, please include reference number 150303-001752 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Collin

Written on: 03/03/2015

I apologize. That contact address is actually care[at]Enterprise[dot]com. -Collin

“Appalling!”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by PamelaN (1 review written)

Booked a car from Nice airport through Enterprise, including a car seat for our 1 year old. When we arrived at the airport we waited in a queue of 5 people, all of whom had reserved cars in advance. However, Enterprise had 'run out of cars'. Despite this, Enterprise had not made any arrangements in advance with other car hire companies. After spending 2 hours (with our 1 year old needing to go to bed - in the end she got so upset on the drive to our Gite that she vomited) at the car rental… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to PamelaN's Review

Written on: 26/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Pamela. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details such as: contact information, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #150226-001805. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by Clarkly123 (1 review written)

I hired a car from Enterprise in Colchester England on 5th January and returned between 11:30am and 11:45am on the 16th January. I returned a call from Enterprise between 2:30pm and 3pm on the 16th regarding the payment for a cracked windscreen. This was paid and settled.During this phone call I received acknowledgement that the car was in good condition and it had been accepted back with no other problems. The hire contract ended. At no point did they mention a punctured tyre or any further… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150220-001663. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

Written on: 23/02/2015

We can be reached at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com. -Collin

“Watch out for this one”

Written on: 18/02/2015 by 96Stuart (1 review written)

A very similar experience to the one reported a few days ago. Our Mercedes ML350 was damaged in a no fault accident and our insurance company directed us to Enterprise Crawley for a replacement vehicle whilst it was being fixed. Initially they delivered a Zafira although when we pointed out this was hardly like for like they agreed to replace it with a Toyota Landcruiser. Shortly prior to it's scheduled delivery Enterprise phoned to say they had a ML just returned which needed some work on it… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Stuart. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150219-001803. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“Tyre what Tyre here is an enterprise Tyre.”

Written on: 12/02/2015

from the outset of our journey with this company everything went wrong, we received a call telling us our car would be delivered on a date which was then moved, we then had a call telling us we could not have the car because of an issue and true to form this was resolved and another date was arranged which was no use at all, finally get the car delivered to us by enterprise rep late and end up having to hurry through paper work and inspection we return the can with no bodywork damage etc, but a… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

We'd like to look into your experiences at our Kilmarnock location further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 150212-001887 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,
Collin P.
Enterprise Rent A Car

Georgieboy68's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2015

Same thing just happened to me . Seems a company sponsored trick. Beware .

Written on: 18/02/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to us with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location renter, rental agreement number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150218-001428. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

“Be warned- do not use Enterprise/Guerin!”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by AlannaSherwood318 (1 review written)

Never use Enterprise at Faro Airport.It is not Enterprise.It is actually a partner company called Guerin which you will only discover when you arrive at the airport. This is a Portuguese company which is totally unscrupulous and operates purely to extract more money from you. The original price quoted with Enterprise bears no resemblance to the price you actually pay when you get to the airport. We booked a car on-line to be picked up at Faro Airport in August last year. The charge for the hire… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/02/2015

Hi, Alanna. We take customer service very seriously and would like to have our International Specialists in our Escalations Department look into your experience at Faro airport further. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any other details you would like to include. When emailing, please include reference number 150205-001461 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

“surprise charges”

Written on: 02/02/2015

booked a van for the weekend from enterprise online for a house move as could not afford a removal company.booked and paid online in advance to save more money.got to the chosen rental place on first day of rental only to be informed that a £200 deposit was required before they would release the van.was like being held to ransom.could not afford this and was left with no van for my house move.was unable to get another van from another company as your company now had my money.lost most of my… Read Full Review

Hello,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this experience for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your name & contact information, the exact branch location, original reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us in Glasgow.

When emailing, please place reference number 150202-001555 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Enterprise

“bad customer service and charged for worn tyres”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by Elliottdf165 (1 review written)

Drove back from enterprise by treforest south Wales and the tire was flat by the time I got home. The tire was clear worn and wasn't something I had drove over. I went to change the tire but there were no tools in the van for me to release the spare tyre. So I had to call the a a and lost a days work. When I took the van back a week later they told me I had to pay for the tyre and we're very rude. Didn't tell me how much a new tyre would be as they said they had to get a quote. I asked them to… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/01/2015

Hi,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email us with your full name, contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any other details. When emailing, please include reference #150130-001718. We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards - Carl H. Social Monitoring

Spitfire.1's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2015

This is par for the course with this company, as I and many others like yourself have and will continue to encounter what is acceptable practice for them, from what I can figure out this is company policy to rip off customers, tell the customer it must be your fault we clean,check and maintain a high standard throughout, no they don't and they have no qualms about calling you a liar, as you say don't be mugged off with croocked practice stay well clear.

Written on: 26/02/2015

I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please provide us with reference #150226-001920. -Tatiana

Jodiewarburton's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2015

I will send you the details today wasn't sure if this was enterprise with the poor written email in the comment above, unsure why you have not used the symbol @.

“Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a...”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by Reese285 (1 review written)

Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a slight accident I had back in June. My insurance company understandably wanted to see the quote and invoice for the actual cost of the damages. It took multiple phone calls from australia and emails to get them to send those documents (and then I got the clear impression that the young man who agreed to send them was doing something he could get in trouble for and that he was embarrassed by the situation). Surprise, surprise, the actual… Read Full Review

Kayro's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2015

Bellieve it or not, not long after I wrote that review I checked my credit card statement and the refund had been credited a couple of days earlier. I'm grateful to finally have it settled, but don't take back any of my negative feelings about how entreprise handled this and treated me.

I should not have had to pay the full excess in the first place, and I should not then have had to be so persistent to get the documents I needed for my insurance, and the money Enterprise owed me.

Written on: 28/01/2015

Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150126-004942. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I understand you did get your refund, but I would still like to follow up with you about the customer care received. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150126-004942. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW (...”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by Philpennicott (1 review written)

Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW ( which I understand covets the insurance excess on any damage to the rental car, or third party claims. On arrival at Almeria airport I was directed by phone to the back of a van in the car park and told that I was liable for the first €1000 of damage to the vehicle but I could cover this for €75. I explained that I had paid up front for the car and included CDW, however he would not accept this and was adamant that I paid €75. This was… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150126-004849. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Philpennicott's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Well, this review certainly got a response and I now have great admiration for the customer care scheme. I have now been told that I will receive a full refund.
Wonderful and I am delighted because up till now I have always had great service from Enterprise and will certainly use again.
I would love to upgrade the star rating to a 5star for customer service.

Enterprisecares's Response to Philpennicott's Review

Written on: 28/01/2015

Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150126-004849. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator

“Be afraid”

Written on: 16/01/2015 by Talia95 (1 review written)

Do not use enterprise if you want a good service , I can't tell you how many times I have had to call up to find out what happened to my hire van when put in to service my ignition I'm in week five still not resolved , this has cost me a lot of money and enterprise don't consider this a priority . As for the staff ,except one they don't have a clue… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hi, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150126-004790. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christoph, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Written on: 28/01/2015

Please contact us at care(at)enterprise(dot)com. Include your rental agreement or reservation numbers, your contact information and any details about your experience you’d like to share. Please reference # 150126-004790. – Carl Social Monitoring Coordinator

“cannot be trusted”

Written on: 01/01/2015 by Orriq394 (1 review written)

Went to collect vehicle and while inspecting a major scratch at eye level was no noted by sales person.when I brought it to his attention he started stuttering and panicking.seems like that they wanted me not to notice it and then blame me. Further more vehicle was not clean to see clearly other damages but I inspect vehicles daily ad part of my job . They are quick to take deposit of you but make it difficult to get it back. I was told that as soon as you return the vehicle ,money is refunded… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/01/2015

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150102-001250 I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Alamocares's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2015

Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement number, exact renting location, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 150102-001250 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Carl

Lillyrae's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2015

The deposit is released by Enterprise immediately, it is your bank that makes it take 3-5 working days. The payment needs to be cleared like when you put a cheque in.

“price advertised is misleading”

Written on: 22/12/2014 by CLSCJ (1 review written)

I called Enterprise for a quote. The staff member was very helpful but clearly confirmed the price quoted included all costs - full insurance, 24hr breakdown, unlimited mileage etc. The quote for 6 days was GBP 119.48. When we went to collect the car we were informed of the 1000 GBP excess or the option to pay another 100 GBP to reduce the excess. The total cost was 221.35 GPB. A vast difference from the amount which was quoted. I still dont understand how the amount quoted 119.48 GBP is made… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to CLSCJ's Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

We'd like to look further into this for you. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement number, exact renting location, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 141222-001793 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Collin

Persistability's Response to CLSCJ's Review

Written on: 08/01/2015

You can bypass Enterprises rip-off excess insurance by doing a web search for "car hire excess insurance" available for £4 per day (or less) and £40 for an annual policy. Would save a lot of money if hiring regularly

“Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I...”

Written on: 19/12/2014 by Ev1lBaby (1 review written)

Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I bought the insurance with excess of £100) for an abrasion on the front lower bumper (where u hardly can notice especially it was raining that day) at the edinburgh airport branch. I never even once did a head-in parking nor driving on a rough road throughout my 15 days of rental cos I ain't familiar with roads in Scotland. While I was going to compliment the quality of car provided, they informed me of this. I tried to explained to them where… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Ev1lBaby's Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

Hi, we would like to look into this damage claim further. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact renting location, claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to add. Please include reference number 141222-001729 in the subject line of your email. -Collin

Ev1Lbaby's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2014

Hi,

I have emailed you with the details. Appreciate if you could look into this matter and your prompt reply on this matter. Thanks in advance.

“Hired a van for 24 hours, pre hire check was fine, no...”

Written on: 12/12/2014 by Scammed2014 (1 review written)

Hired a van for 24 hours, pre hire check was fine, no incidents occurred whilst I was driving it and it was not left unattended. On returning the vehicle this morning, a member of staff appeared from behind the van saying there was a big scratch. I had been inside dropping the keys off for only a few minutes, so came round to see a new scratch which looked deliberate. Felt I had no choice but to agree to pay the £250 excess, but I know 100% that this scratch was not caused by me or while the… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 15/12/2014

I would like to research this further for you Kristen. Please email us with: Renter’s full name
o Current phone number
o Location rented
o Rental agreement number
o “DX” or claim number
Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Your reference number is 141215-001213. -Tatiana

Written on: 16/12/2014

Scammed2014,

Persistability's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 18/01/2015

Ev1Lbaby's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I bought the insurance with excess of £100) for an abrasion on the front lower bumper (where u hardly can notice especially it was raining that day) at the edinburgh airport branch. I never even once do a head-in parking nor driving on a rough road throughout my 15 days of rental. Just my luck that I need to rush for my flight, else I will challenge them to do a car inspection to determine how old that abrasion was (which it looked like an old abrasion). Scamming company at airport. The one at sight hill was awesome (I booked in June 2014) with good service and integrity. But from this scamming incident, I will never book any rental car from this company again. Total disappointment. If I knew, I will have taken photos everywhere of this stupid car before signing. Too trusting on this company.

“Sprinter van”

Written on: 05/12/2014 by 307Vaughan (1 review written)

Collected Sprinter from Motherwell depot for a one way hire, assistant ant manager walked us round vehicle and pointed out various bumps and scratches on it assuring us these were normal wear and tear for an industrial type vechicle. We drove straight to Plymouth. On delivery next day to the Plymouth depot the same bumps and scratches were dreamed to be damage we had caused. While at this depot we contacted the The Motherwell assistant manager who assured us we were correct and that the damaged… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/12/2014

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, exact location you rented from, your rental agreement or reservation number, claim or "DX" number, and any further information regarding your experience you would like to share.

Please reference Number 141205-002265 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Collin
Enterprise Rent A Car

“Alleged Damage to vehicle”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by Barders61 (1 review written)

Hired a vehicle from Enterprise signed agreement staff did not conduct a walk around check. On return checked thoroughly and accused me of a scuff under the bumper which was not even visible. Now they are stating a full hand over was done and there is bumper damage. Lying deceptive staff and car was in filthy condition… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Barders61's Review

Written on: 28/11/2014

Barders61, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141128-001156. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christoff, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's Response to Barders61's Review

Written on: 01/12/2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to look into this further. Please email care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, claim or "DX" number, and any details of your experience you would like to include. When emailing, please list reference #141201-002021 in the subject line. Thanks. - Collin

“Not reliable people ”

Written on: 24/11/2014 by akMiller78 (1 review written)

I have made an online booking for an automatic car but next morning I have received a phone call from office saying we do not have the car available and gave a totally different pick up time and price plan which was not suitable at all ruined my day simply… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2014

akMiller78,
We value your feedback and as customer service is our highest priority, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details of your experience, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and your direct contact information. Please reference number 141124-001658. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Carl

Zaff2012's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2014

Hi!
Thanks for ur response I booked the car Sunday night for Monday morning 24/11/2014 for 10 am pick up and the confermation 147438126 and I double checked the reservation and make sure the car is automatic and the price plan is class B car which comes around £35 . Next morning when the agent rang up I told him the same the response was automatic car is avaliable on £57 and for 11:30 which was not worth for me

Written on: 03/12/2014

Hi, Javed. Thank you for this additional information. In order for us to better assist you could you please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information including email and phone number? Please include reference number 141124-001658 in the subject of your email. Thanks! -Collin