Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a...”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by Reese285 (1 review written)

Enterprise in France charged me the full excess for a slight accident I had back in June. My insurance company understandably wanted to see the quote and invoice for the actual cost of the damages. It took multiple phone calls from australia and emails to get them to send those documents (and then I got the clear impression that the young man who agreed to send them was doing something he could get in trouble for and that he was embarrassed by the situation). Surprise, surprise, the actual… Read Full Review

Kayro's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2015

Bellieve it or not, not long after I wrote that review I checked my credit card statement and the refund had been credited a couple of days earlier. I'm grateful to finally have it settled, but don't take back any of my negative feelings about how entreprise handled this and treated me.

I should not have had to pay the full excess in the first place, and I should not then have had to be so persistent to get the documents I needed for my insurance, and the money Enterprise owed me.

“Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW (...”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by Philpennicott (1 review written)

Booked and prepaid a car at Almeria including CDW ( which I understand covets the insurance excess on any damage to the rental car, or third party claims. On arrival at Almeria airport I was directed by phone to the back of a van in the car park and told that I was liable for the first €1000 of damage to the vehicle but I could cover this for €75. I explained that I had paid up front for the car and included CDW, however he would not accept this and was adamant that I paid €75. This was… Read Full Review

“Be afraid”

Written on: 16/01/2015 by Talia95 (1 review written)

Do not use enterprise if you want a good service , I can't tell you how many times I have had to call up to find out what happened to my hire van when put in to service my ignition I'm in week five still not resolved , this has cost me a lot of money and enterprise don't consider this a priority . As for the staff ,except one they don't have a clue… Read Full Review

“cannot be trusted”

Written on: 01/01/2015 by Orriq394 (1 review written)

Went to collect vehicle and while inspecting a major scratch at eye level was no noted by sales person.when I brought it to his attention he started stuttering and panicking.seems like that they wanted me not to notice it and then blame me. Further more vehicle was not clean to see clearly other damages but I inspect vehicles daily ad part of my job . They are quick to take deposit of you but make it difficult to get it back. I was told that as soon as you return the vehicle ,money is refunded… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/01/2015

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150102-001250 I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Alamocares's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2015

Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement number, exact renting location, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 150102-001250 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Carl

Lillyrae's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2015

The deposit is released by Enterprise immediately, it is your bank that makes it take 3-5 working days. The payment needs to be cleared like when you put a cheque in.

“price advertised is misleading”

Written on: 22/12/2014 by CLSCJ (1 review written)

I called Enterprise for a quote. The staff member was very helpful but clearly confirmed the price quoted included all costs - full insurance, 24hr breakdown, unlimited mileage etc. The quote for 6 days was GBP 119.48. When we went to collect the car we were informed of the 1000 GBP excess or the option to pay another 100 GBP to reduce the excess. The total cost was 221.35 GPB. A vast difference from the amount which was quoted. I still dont understand how the amount quoted 119.48 GBP is made… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to CLSCJ's Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

We'd like to look further into this for you. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement number, exact renting location, and any other details you would like to add. When emailing, please include reference number 141222-001793 in the subject line of your email. Thanks! -Collin

Persistability's Response to CLSCJ's Review

Written on: 08/01/2015

You can bypass Enterprises rip-off excess insurance by doing a web search for "car hire excess insurance" available for £4 per day (or less) and £40 for an annual policy. Would save a lot of money if hiring regularly

“Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I...”

Written on: 19/12/2014 by Ev1lBaby (1 review written)

Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I bought the insurance with excess of £100) for an abrasion on the front lower bumper (where u hardly can notice especially it was raining that day) at the edinburgh airport branch. I never even once did a head-in parking nor driving on a rough road throughout my 15 days of rental cos I ain't familiar with roads in Scotland. While I was going to compliment the quality of car provided, they informed me of this. I tried to explained to them where… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Ev1lBaby's Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

Hi, we would like to look into this damage claim further. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact renting location, claim or "DX" number, and any other details you would like to add. Please include reference number 141222-001729 in the subject line of your email. -Collin

Ev1Lbaby's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2014

Hi,

I have emailed you with the details. Appreciate if you could look into this matter and your prompt reply on this matter. Thanks in advance.

“Hired a van for 24 hours, pre hire check was fine, no...”

Written on: 12/12/2014 by Scammed2014 (1 review written)

Hired a van for 24 hours, pre hire check was fine, no incidents occurred whilst I was driving it and it was not left unattended. On returning the vehicle this morning, a member of staff appeared from behind the van saying there was a big scratch. I had been inside dropping the keys off for only a few minutes, so came round to see a new scratch which looked deliberate. Felt I had no choice but to agree to pay the £250 excess, but I know 100% that this scratch was not caused by me or while the… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 15/12/2014

I would like to research this further for you Kristen. Please email us with: Renter’s full name
o Current phone number
o Location rented
o Rental agreement number
o “DX” or claim number
Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Your reference number is 141215-001213. -Tatiana

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Persistability's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 18/01/2015

Ev1Lbaby's Response to Scammed2014's Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

Same situation as me. I was been charged £100 (I bought the insurance with excess of £100) for an abrasion on the front lower bumper (where u hardly can notice especially it was raining that day) at the edinburgh airport branch. I never even once do a head-in parking nor driving on a rough road throughout my 15 days of rental. Just my luck that I need to rush for my flight, else I will challenge them to do a car inspection to determine how old that abrasion was (which it looked like an old abrasion). Scamming company at airport. The one at sight hill was awesome (I booked in June 2014) with good service and integrity. But from this scamming incident, I will never book any rental car from this company again. Total disappointment. If I knew, I will have taken photos everywhere of this stupid car before signing. Too trusting on this company.

“Sprinter van”

Written on: 05/12/2014 by 307Vaughan (1 review written)

Collected Sprinter from Motherwell depot for a one way hire, assistant ant manager walked us round vehicle and pointed out various bumps and scratches on it assuring us these were normal wear and tear for an industrial type vechicle. We drove straight to Plymouth. On delivery next day to the Plymouth depot the same bumps and scratches were dreamed to be damage we had caused. While at this depot we contacted the The Motherwell assistant manager who assured us we were correct and that the damaged… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/12/2014

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, exact location you rented from, your rental agreement or reservation number, claim or "DX" number, and any further information regarding your experience you would like to share.

Please reference Number 141205-002265 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Collin
Enterprise Rent A Car

“Alleged Damage to vehicle”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by Barders61 (1 review written)

Hired a vehicle from Enterprise signed agreement staff did not conduct a walk around check. On return checked thoroughly and accused me of a scuff under the bumper which was not even visible. Now they are stating a full hand over was done and there is bumper damage. Lying deceptive staff and car was in filthy condition… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Barders61's Review

Written on: 28/11/2014

Barders61, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #141128-001156. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christoff, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's Response to Barders61's Review

Written on: 01/12/2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to look into this further. Please email care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, claim or "DX" number, and any details of your experience you would like to include. When emailing, please list reference #141201-002021 in the subject line. Thanks. - Collin

“Not reliable people ”

Written on: 24/11/2014 by akMiller78 (1 review written)

I have made an online booking for an automatic car but next morning I have received a phone call from office saying we do not have the car available and gave a totally different pick up time and price plan which was not suitable at all ruined my day simply… Read Full Review

akMiller78,
We value your feedback and as customer service is our highest priority, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details of your experience, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and your direct contact information. Please reference number 141124-001658. We look forward to hearing from you.

Zaff2012's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2014

Hi!
Thanks for ur response I booked the car Sunday night for Monday morning 24/11/2014 for 10 am pick up and the confermation 147438126 and I double checked the reservation and make sure the car is automatic and the price plan is class B car which comes around £35 . Next morning when the agent rang up I told him the same the response was automatic car is avaliable on £57 and for 11:30 which was not worth for me

Written on: 03/12/2014

Hi, Javed. Thank you for this additional information. In order for us to better assist you could you please email us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information including email and phone number? Please include reference number 141124-001658 in the subject of your email. Thanks! -Collin

“Disgraceful Customer Service ”

Written on: 24/11/2014 by Cosmic896 (1 review written)

I recently had reason to hire a car to use to attend work related meetings and an exhibition. I decided to use Enterprise as they were local to me and the price for a large compact seemed fair at £67 for 48 hours. I booked online on the Monday for collection at 1pm on the Wednesday so I could travel to attend a meeting at 4pm. I rang the local Enterprise office on the Tuesday to ask for the vehicle details and registration number so I could pass them onto the exhibition organisers for access… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Cosmic896's Review

Cosmic896,
Thank you for alerting us to this. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details of your experience, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and your direct contact information. Please reference number 141124-001624. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Stung on the fuel!”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by CarmelBromfield (1 review written)

I was provided with a car from Enterprise for around 6 weeks via the BMW garage who were fixing my car under warranty. I was given a car with a full tank and when I returned it 6 weeks later I filled it back up again so no issue here as I paid for exactly the amount of fuel I used. They did offer me the excess waiver for £9.99/day, now seriously I work in the insurance industry and that is not a good deal. You can buy this independently for a fraction of the price so just google 'excess… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to CarmelBromfield's Review

CarmelBromfield ,
We appreciate your feedback. Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details of your experience, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and your direct contact information. Please reference number 141124-001553. We look forward to hearing from you.

Carmelbromfield's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2014

That's what was said last time and I was promised a call back from the Hove office. After several weeks I heard nothing even though on several occasions you chased them.

So I've already been around this process and it hasn't got me anywhere!!

“Damage claims to vehicle”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by Adolfor219 (1 review written)

Collected car, had a brief examination & signed rental agreement. On return staff member noticed "scuffing" on front spoiler. I know that no incident occurred during rental period. Cost me £100. Recommendations:- wear old clothes when collecting vehicle & take a mat to examine the sills, front spoiler, rear etc. Whatever the weather carry out your own detailed examination before signing rental agreement as on return, vehicle is examined with tooth comb, & subsequent alleged damage highlighted… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

Adolfor219,
Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141117-001863. Thank you.
Enterprise

“Deposit not returnd after more than a month”

Written on: 16/11/2014 by BoytonJohn (1 review written)

Hired a small car via Holiday Autos from Enterprise at Argostoli Airport, Cephalonia in October for a week. Was charged €630 deposit which still hasn't been refunded after more than a month. No replies to e-mails. This means paying interest and currency conversion charges, which haven't been budgeted for and weren't explained at the outset. This is underhand to say the least. Staff at the airport were off hand and didn't even give me a map. The only thing that was ok was the car? Very poor… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to BoytonJohn's Review

Written on: 17/11/2014

BoytonJohn,
Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141117-001784. Thank you.

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by pmc2086278 (1 review written)

Only want to hire what is convenient for them. No interest in customers requirements. Whatever you ask there is always an excuse why you can't get it. Will not recommend them… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to pmc2086278's Review

Written on: 13/11/2014

pmc2086278,
Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141113-002127. Thank you.
Enterprise

“Be careful, be very very careful”

Written on: 08/11/2014 by 315Rhodes (1 review written)

Recently hired a van from Enterprise. Small amount of damage noted on side of van pointed out by the member of staff on collection and noted on hire agreement. No other damage apparent. Returned the vehicle after 24 hours having not left the vehicle unattended in a position where it could be damaged or involved in any incident whilst driving. On returning the vehicle the member of staff at Enterprise went immediately to the rear of the vehicle and pointed out a dent at the top of the rear… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/11/2014

315Rhodes,
Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141113-002069. Thank you.
Enterprise

“Will not pay in an accident”

Written on: 21/10/2014 by stephenbill (2 reviews written)

My car was damaged by an Enterprise rental car but their insurers Zurich do not return my emails. They probably think if they leave it long enough I will give up… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to stephenbill's Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to help. Please contact us at care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information and details of your experience. When emailing, please list reference #141022-001917 in the subject line. Thanks. - Collin

Stephenbill's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2014

I phoned Enterprise, they said e-mail us, the reply was 'we are no longer able to reply to messages sent to this email address'

Enterprisecares's reply to Stephenbill's Comment

Stephenbill,
Our team would be happy to assist you further with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141022-001917. Thank you.
Mitch

“Shoddy Service + Lies”

Written on: 11/10/2014 by Omar207 (1 review written)

I was involved in a car accident earlier this year and was advised that Enterprise would provide me a courtesy car and recover the costs from the other side. After handing the car back to them i received charges that were due to be recovered from the third party's insurance! I raised the dispute with my bank and am still dealing with the process of proving my innocence in this regard. The employees at Enterprise stated that they could not get in touch with the third party insurance company and… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/10/2014

Hi, we’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to us including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference # 141013-002082 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Colleen
Social Media Coordinator

Srm1976's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2014

After 6 months and after Enterprise guaranteed me that my co tract was closed with no extra charges. They are still looking for money....avoid!

Written on: 07/11/2014

Srm1976
Our team would be happy to assist you with this. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the materials requested above and reference number 141013-002082. Thank you.

Srm1976's Comment

“Don't bother!”

Written on: 10/10/2014 by tonyvallis (2 reviews written)

Booked a van hire face-to-face over the counter at the Fareham office. I was told van was booked OK. Turned up on the day to collect van, spoke to same staff member, only to be told that there was no record of my booking. They weren't even apologetic, just said 'there's no vehicle here for you'. No attempt even to source one elsewhere. I was very lucky in that I walked to nearby U-Drive. Told them my sorry experience of Enterprise and their staff said that this happened frequently with… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to tonyvallis's Review

Written on: 10/10/2014

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any details of your experience at our Fareham branch you would like to add so we can research this promptly. Please reference number #141010-002248 in the subject line of your email. Thank you. -Collin

“Misinformation, Misleading just screwing you over.”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by mike459 (1 review written)

Would not recommend enterprise to any one at all. First time I was there was unorganized and I was waiting for about 10 minutes before I got taken care of. My insurance was taking care of my rental for the time being until we worked out the details with my current car. They decided that my car was a total loss. There for I would only have another week in the rental, that my insurance would be paying for the car. I had the car for another 13 days. I called on Tuesday 10/7/14 to inquire about… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to mike459's Review

Written on: 10/10/2014

Mike, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to look into this further. Please email us with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any details of your experience at our Maryland branch you would like to include. When emailing, please list reference #141010-002198 in the subject line. Thanks. - Collin