Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“Enterprise Missing Spare Wheel”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by AlejandraBurns113 (1 review written)

I hired an MPV for a week in Scotland from Enterprise in Darlington. Being a careful driver, I declined the additional CDW insurance that was going to cost an additional £200 and accepted the risk of an £850 excess. On returning the vehicle, I was alarmed to find that although the check confirmed no damage to the bodywork, the spare wheel that was attached to the underside of the MPV had been 'stolen'. Enterprise said that it must have been taken in Scotland because they do a 25 point check… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140908-003565. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

John1Hay's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2014

I have emailed the details as requested and await your response.

John1Hay's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

Despite a quick response from the Social Media Monitor saying that our case has been passed on to an Area Manager, there has been no contact whatsoever from anyone in the last 7 days. I really do not feel that customer service and satisfaction are very important to Enterprise.

“BE CAREFUL OF THIS CO. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU BOOK VIA...”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by malazavranga (1 review written)

We have booked the car via internet.We have booked the car to take it from Athens airport and leave it at Volos town after 4 days. They have NOT mentioned that there will be an added charge of 270 euro (Euro.230 for the rental + 270 euro) because we were going to leave it at Volos. You have to be mad to accept this offer but unfortunately there was no mention of that and the email we have received as confirmation mentioned only 230 euro. We have arrived at Athens airport and we had the… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to malazavranga's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

Hi, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140903-002332. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Malazavranga's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

Hi,

As stated in your comments above if customer service and satisfaction are very important to your company explain me pls why nobody bothered to help us during our overseas half an hour call? The persons you have for these situations didn't even have the politeness to give us any attention about our problem. It was the first time doing business with your company and the last. Don't misunderstand me but put your place in mine.
I will send you all the details tonight.

Enterprisecares's Response to malazavranga's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

malazavranga,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this service for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, original reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us and the Athens branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140903-002406 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Malazavranga's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

Hi,

I will send you all the details tonight but speaking on the phone with a colleague of you for half an hour overseas call not bothering at all helping us I don't think this is proper for a company like yours. We are travelling quite often and this was a real crime.

Anyway thank you for you reply.

“dp insurance”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by pinano1 (1 review written)

if your thinking of hiring a car in the uk ....hire with enterprise.uk not enterprise.com.....be careful you have DP included... i have been hiring cars for 20 years and this year i was confronted at the rental desk stating i had cancelled dp..which isnt the case then told that if i booked via enterprise.com it is an american site and the site automatically doesnt give dp with hired cars as the amercians are covered with automatic dp on all visa cards I am not an amercian and didnt cancel dp… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to pinano1's Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

pinano1,
Thank you for bringing this booking issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140827-002742 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“GBP700 Excess Charged to Credit Card with no Damage”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by cvHewitt385 (1 review written)

Like most of us do these days is to book a car on the internet comparing prices and now I am truly regretting my booking with Enterprise Car Rental. The recent marketing campaign on TV stating "American Service" in reality means "Try to get as much money from the customer" besides the car hire charges. I had booked a Vauxhall Insignia on the internet and of course when I get the branch in Guildford on 28-7-14, I am offered a Toyota Auri instead. The reason for booking a Vauxhall Insignia is… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/08/2014

cvHewitt385,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, damage claim number for the windshield (if you received one) and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140827-002646 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprisenightmares2014's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2014

Hi,

Email sent on 2-9-14 10:03am UK Time with all details requested.

I will await your response.

Thank you.

“Claim for damages not done by me”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by Declan239 (1 review written)

I had the misfortune of booking a car via my company from Enterprise. The car was dropped off (dirty), but other than that all OK. When it was collected, the driver was quite rude and pointed out a stone chip (about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen) and said I had done it. I stated that it was probably there when it was dropped off, as the windscreen was so dirty it woul dnot have been noticed. The guy was quite rude saying I would have to sign saying he did not do it (I'm still not… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise[dot]com including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference Number 140825-002922 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,
Charyse
Social Monitoring Coordinator

Merlinsfield's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Hi, I've just had a similar experience with enterprise and would be interested to know if you managed to resolve this with them?
Kindest regards
Jules

“Don't waste your time or money ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by yeHastings42 (1 review written)

I dealt with the Edinburgh City Centre branch in July this year. I had booked and pre-paid this car hire through a travel agent in Australia. When we arrived to pick up the car, they told us that they had been trying to get into contact with me because the car we had hired had been written off (I had no calls or emails). No cars were available at that branch for several days, and the surrounding car hire companies had closed at that stage of the evening. When asked whether an alternative… Read Full Review

yeHastings42,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with with the Edinburgh City Centre branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001893 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Consumer42's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2014

Thank you Mitch, I have emailed you twice already. The first time was on the 11th of July and then I sent it off again yesterday through your website. It includes names and a lot more detail.

“ never use enterprise beware of booking on line”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by Tiptoae (1 review written)

Please never book an enterprise car on line, the conformation notice does not reflect if you booked a an automatic or manual car. So if you have made a misktske such as booking a manual instead of an automatic you will not know until you go to collect the car. This is what happened to my mother and enterprise bristol airport charged my elderly parents £828.00 for 12 days car hire for an automatic car. We made a complaint and so far enterprise have not bothered to respond… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Tiptoae's Review

Tiptoae,
Thank you for bringing this vehicle issue to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience at the Bristol Airport branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-001796 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

**Correction:

Please use reference #140822-001796 in your email's subject line.

Mitch

“Charged for damages not made”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by xoRamirez325 (1 review written)

I rented a car through Enterprise (booked in the UK collected in Italy), I had to return the car before the office opened to catch a flight back to the UK. Received an email alleging damage a few days later, it said I would receive an invoice. The only option for dispute was through customer service section of website, no response at all. No invoice received, credit card charged. I have been completely ignored, I have photographic evidence that proves no damage was done. Will never use… Read Full Review

xoRamirez325,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding the vehicle's damage and claim.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001441 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“TOOK PAYMENT 3 TIMES AND THEN SAID THEY HAVE NOT”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by HUSNA777 (1 review written)

I ALWAYS HIRE FROM ENTERPRISE BUT NEVER REALISED THIS IS THE SERVICE I WOULD GET. PREPAID MY BOOKING ONLINE, WENT IN GOT CHARGED EXTRA AGAIN FOR THE PREPAID AND ALSO THE DEPOSIT. ONLY TO FIND OUT A DAY LATER ANOTHER 200 POUNDS DEPOSIT WAS HELD BY ENTERPRISE AND NOT ONLY THAT AN EXTRA 28 POUNDS. SO IN TOTAL MY RENTAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN 200 POUNDS DEPOSIT AND 28 POUNDS FOR RENTAL. BUT THEY CHARGED ME 34 POUNDS THEN 258 POUNDS THEN ANOTHER 228 POUNDS. I WAS IN MINUS WITH MY BANK AND THEN THEY KEPT… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to HUSNA777's Review

HUSNA777,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into these additional charges for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with the Heathrow branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001391 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Damage Repair Scams!”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by jwKrause366 (1 review written)

Rented and returned a vehicle in the exact same location, but had to drop the keys in the deposit box, as my flight departed before the rental counter opened.Two days later, a manager calls and emails to tell me that there is damage to the vehicle. There were NO incidents in that car while it was in my possession, so the damage could only have occurred on THEIR lot or been present at the time I rented it. In any event, because the renter is "responsible" for the vehicle until the rental agent… Read Full Review

jwKrause366,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number, damage claim number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-001323 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enterprise

“The least professional car hire company ”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by malizadeh01 (1 review written)

You are never promised a car until you physically go to them and pay for one. the online booking confirmation stands for nothing. Rude staff at Cambridge office. To avoid… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to malizadeh01's Review

malizadeh01,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact Cambridge rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001315 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Never use this company”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by tjFigueroa164 (1 review written)

Hired van for one day and when I returned it the following day I was told there was a scuff mark on the plastic trim at the bottom of the drivers door. It was hardly visible but was told my £200 deposit was not being returned to me. I will never hire a vehicle from this company again. I wish I had read the Internet forums about this company before hand as I would never of hire anything from them. I will be warning all of my friends, family and work mates about this company. BE WARNED… Read Full Review

tjFigueroa164,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this damage claim for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, claim number (if you have one) and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-003740 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Appalling and unprofessional”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by EileenRichardson (1 review written)

I was travelling around the UK. I booked my car in advance by telephone and gave my credit card details. I then proceeded to book other aspects of my holiday elsewhere, paying in advance, based on having a car to get there. When I arrived to collect my car at Shiremoor Enterprise near Newcastle UK, travelling to a schedule, I was told my credit card was not acceptable because it is a Mastercard Traveller Card. I was also told I could not pay in cash nor could my friend pay with her UK Visa… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to EileenRichardson's Review

EileenRichardson,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you and help with a resolution. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact Shiremoor rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140821-003686 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Not what I paid for! ”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Redbirdemma (1 review written)

Prepaid a hire car from Enterprise in Belfast,arrived and was told the car I had oredered was unavailable and I had to take smaller car and that was it....They couldn't offer me any discount there and then for smaller car,I had to make complaint to main office.. I was told Enterprise keep taking reservations in hope the car you want will be there...If not, then basically,tough!Plus if no car was available at all I would have a refund and would have to go somewhere else to hire a car. Luckily… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Redbirdemma's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-002905. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Redbirdemma's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2014

Hi, thankyou for your reply, have you got an email address I could send details too pls.

Thankyou.

Redbirdemma's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2014

Hello, again..... Have you an email address I can send the info too please? I have heard nothing back from enterprise direct about my complaint ????

Regards

Enterprisecares's reply to Redbirdemma's Comment

Redbirdemma,

Social Media Monitor

“Hired a car from Enterprise through the AA as my own...”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by 320Romero (1 review written)

Hired a car from Enterprise through the AA as my own had broken down. Paid the £50 deposit tht nyt took the car, all well with tht took it back 2days later was told the girl couldn't put the deposit back in straight away it would need to be the manager. A week later no deposit. Went into my bank and they told me enterprise had taken £57 out my account. Phoned enterprise and was told it was a refuelling charge! I was not told I would be charged for that! I wouldn't mind paying for the fuel I… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-002925. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Thank you.

“Be warned 850 pound excess charge taken for small scratch”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by RaquelGrantham299 (1 review written)

Hired a car from Enterprise Wimbledon, staff friendly and polite, however check your car meticulously, excess damage over approx 1 inch, and they will have your guts for garters ! 850 quid for a one day rental for a small scratch. Have been told they will let me know cost of buffing scratch, but you are also liable for their 'economic loss'..... Be afraid... very afraid… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-002962. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Uk_Rizla's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2014

are you a real person ?

what is your email address....?

Uk_Rizla,

Social Media Monitor

“Windscreen chip”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Totallymiffed (1 review written)

On Monday 11/10/14 arrived at Stanstead Enterprise to pick up a Renault Traffic Master van we had hired for a trip to northern Scotland. Forgot my reading glasses so had to trust the employee to show me where to sign on the forms. Van wasn't there so had to stand and wait for 30 minutes. When it arrived we went round it with the employee looking for damage to it and it appeared okay. It was all a bit of a rush as they had a lot of people waiting and we had a long journey and were now already… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Totallymiffed's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003014. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“Loads of stress”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by Jaelyn126 (1 review written)

Hired van in Crawley and paid extra £100 to drop at Bodmin. When at Bodmin the branch only had 1 person working, 2 or 3 were needed. They said at Bodmin that they could not give me a lift home ( near Bodmin) as it was outside their range, even though this had all been agreed with The Crawley branch. In the end they got me a taxi. The worst thing was the guy at Bodmin spotted that the bumper corner was loose and that it was not on their list of existing damage. I knew I had not done it but… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003022. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by fffaaa (1 review written)

We hired a car from Enterprise via web as their prices seemed good. Didnt want to use a small company who would rip us off. When we arrived we had following problems: No 2nd driver and this would have cost another Euros200 to add for a week. Over charged and blamed on currency rates but we paid local currency and if using opposite currency exchange rate would have reflected a cheaper price. Told we would have to payd Euros90 if car returned dirty - our car was dirty when collected and no water… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to fffaaa's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003039. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Thank you.

“Enterprise Car Hire - Pay a little extra somewhere else.”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by Smartinabel (1 review written)

Picked car up a car from Enterprise and even though I had given a time fir puck up I spent one and a half hours sorting out rental, not what you want after a long flight. Given the car and had to ask for it to be cleaned, mud and grease over inside and car not washed, barely enough fuel to get me to a petrol station. Booked the hire car for 28 days and wanted to extend by a week. Told I had to pay a whole month up front plus another £200 deposit it would be 4 days because of a weekend before I… Read Full Review

Enterprisecares's Response to Smartinabel's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003168. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sm-A's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2014

Thank you for your reply. I have been contacted by phone by branch and area manager. Would add that your personnel have been an asset to your company. Your policies are not but it has been explained to me the business reasons why you request the month in advance after 28 days. Sorry to say that your product no longer suits my needs. Impressed by the way your company gas tried to resolve the matter.