Generac/Guardian 04456-1 LP Reviews

Generac/Guardian 04456-1 LP
Generac/Guardian 04456-1 LP

“Generac 04456-1 LP”

Written on: 07/11/2012

I noticed a lot of black soot from the exhaust ports on my unit. What is the cause , I put new plugs in but did not start it up yet… Read Full Review

“I've had this 15KW generator since 2004 and the only...”

Written on: 22/02/2010

I've had this 15KW generator since 2004 and the only thing that went bad was the starter, After katenia it ran for 2 weeks straight and from time to time when the power goes out, it's there when I need it. My only problem is that I should have bought a 20KW the 15KW is just a wee bit too small for my house, I've got to watch it when the A/C comes on… Read Full Review

“After owning a Generac 4675-2 15KW Residential fixed...”

Written on: 12/08/2009 by schundg (1 review written)

After owning a Generac 4675-2 15KW Residential fixed generator for my home it quit working after 5 years of ownership. The unit was operational for only 5 full days over the 5 year period. The Stator must be replaced and the breather valve needs replacing. Total cost of repair = $2400. Cost of new unit $3800 less $1000 credit for old unit. The installer, calls my Generac unit a boat anchor. He indicated that there were numerous problems with this unit and that Generac will not stand… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Failed after warranty period. Generac would not cover....”

Written on: 05/09/2007 by kernaltao (1 review written)

Failed after warranty period. Generac would not cover. For more details, see http://dontbuygenerac.home.comcast.net Do yourself a favor and do not do business with Generac… Read Full Review

“The two cylinder motors on the Generac/Guardian...”

Written on: 24/10/2003 by thepilgrim (1 review written)

The two cylinder motors on the Generac/Guardian 04456-1 LP are destined to fail, since the spark plugs in cylinders one and two do not burn evenly, this leads to a compression loss in cylinder number one, which eventualy leads to a blown motor.

The voltage barriers supplied with the external connection boxes are of inferior quality, and either break or disintigrate, without any pressure or over-torqueing, and this is a life-threatening situation, since these connection boxes enclose the… Read Full Review

223595_Jim Holt's Response to thepilgrim's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

I am a generator installer with thirty years experience. I have installed many 04456-1 units. In the past five years we have had no problems with this unit. During Isabel many customers reported that their units ran for five to eleven days. We had two units shut down because of low oil pressure. I now leave two cans of oil for the customer when we do start up on the generator. Note these air cooled units run and have little trouble when a factory start up is performed. If you want more information go to the Guardian web site. Most of the trouble calls our firm handles come from customers that have a regular electrician do the installation on. All of our generator technicians have attended a number of factory schools. Jim.holt@earthlink.net