Fuji FinePix S7000 Reviews

Resolution 12
Optical Zoom 6
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 6.3-Megapixel SuperCCD HR sensor produces images with 12.3 million pixels (4048 x 3040)
  • 6x optical plus 3.2x digital zoom (19x total)
  • 1.8-inch LCD, electronic viewfinder, super macro mode for shots as close as 1cm, 5-frame burst mode
  • Includes 16 MB XD Picture Card; also compatible with CompactFlash Type II cards and MicroDrives
  • Powered by 4 AA batteries (alkalines included, rechargeables recommended); connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Refine your search

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I bought the S7000 as new and still boxed with every...”

Written on: 18/08/2010 by ilovefuji (1 review written)

I bought the S7000 as new and still boxed with every acessory included WOW! what a good replacement for My ageing 35mmSLR forget going to DSLR this model has every thing that one could want plus that 1.7" Super CDD sensor (6.3 million pixel) is still excellent plus 12 million on high selection with all the SLR type features "To Many To List" its a modern classic of digital cameras I would recommend The S7000 to any one as the results are excellent also the body shape that fits the hands with… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“LIGHT,ROBUST,FANTASTIC RANGE OF FEATURES THAT PUTS...”

Written on: 08/06/2010

LIGHT,ROBUST,FANTASTIC RANGE OF FEATURES THAT PUTS MANY GOOD SLR TO SHAME, HAD MINE FOR FIVE YEARS NOW AND STILL SWEAR BY IT, GETTING READY TO REPLACE BUT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO FIND ONE WITH THE QUALITY AND VALUE FOR MONEY,GOOD LOOKS AND EASE OF USE… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“s7000 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, but...”

Written on: 11/01/2010

s7000 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, but still reliable and takes satisfactory pictures even on by big computer screen. I have taken nearly 9ooo photos and its been through a house fire!! Black n white is superb quality when blown up. wouldnt part with it even as a back up camera.
    Easy to use, but limiting my abilities a bit now… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“Superb camera in all aspects if you are like me an...”

Written on: 16/12/2009

Superb camera in all aspects if you are like me an amateur wanting to be a professional. Cannot fault the photos, better than my very expensive Nikon!! Will never part with it… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“ i need to know how good this camera realy is , what...”

Written on: 26/10/2009

i need to know how good this camera realy is , what does it do thats so great? sure but first i need to know alot about it… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I bought a Fuji Finepix S7000 some years ago to update...”

Written on: 14/06/2009 by pedanticpenguin (1 review written)

I bought a Fuji Finepix S7000 some years ago to update my Fuji S602, I personally found it was a step backwards in terms of image quality and versatility.
    I sold the S7000 on ebay and kept the S602 (which despite being about 8 or 9 years old now still works perfectly and delivers great pictures). I bought a S9500 when it came out and found it significantly superior to the S7000. I can only surmise that the S7000 was brought out by Fuji as a stop gap… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“The Fuji Finepix S7000 has poor shutter speed. Its...”

Written on: 05/06/2009 by brandshatchrules (2 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix S7000 has poor shutter speed. Its not great for moving objects… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I have had the Fuji finepix for about 3.5 years now...”

Written on: 29/04/2009 by GRMURRAY (1 review written)

I have had the Fuji finepix for about 3.5 years now and just bought a Sony a200 DSLR - I will not get rid of the fuji as it has a few advantages that I will call on from time to tiem. Reliable, good results… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“Any one thinking of taking up photography should...”

Written on: 02/12/2008 by harryzero (1 review written)

Any one thinking of taking up photography should master this camera, it takes less than a month using it everyday. Then if you want to upgrade to DSLR, dont sell it, its worth more than you could ever get for it Which other camera can flash sync at 10000th of a sec? You can FREEZE FRAME AN ELECTRIC FAN AT FULL SPEED
    So solid the construction.
    Easily constructed a slide copier to fit the camera barrel tube.
    Barrel tube with UV filter gives absolute protection to lens barrel and optics.
    worth… Read Full Review

Sacredspirit's Response to 422225_harryzero's Review

Written on: 27/09/2012

i m very new to this what is dslr slr and bridge all about please i want a photographers type camera but dont understand half of it i no i want 10.0mp and up thats it can you help many thanks joanne

Fuji FinePix S7000

“This is the best camera in my estimation that Fuji has...”

Written on: 08/11/2008 by Mervt (1 review written)

This is the best camera in my estimation that Fuji has ever made, I have also owned the Fuji S2 Pro and the S7000 out performes it easily..out of ten...I rate the camera a good 10 easy... Highly Recommended. I have owned this Fuji S7000 when it came out 4.5 years ago and its the most reliable and easy to use Camera I have ever owned, I also own a Canon 40D and the Fuji is just as good as it and in some instance its Better, Photography is easy and its far easier to carry around than a Bulky SLR… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I had a Fuji S602 zoom a few years ago, and took many...”

Written on: 18/09/2008 by dougsinnott (4 reviews written)

I had a Fuji S602 zoom a few years ago, and took many great photos with it and printed plenty of colourful sharp A4 prints with it.
    I sold it to upgrade to a digital SLR, and bought a Canon 300d,which produced great images, but I found it heavy,compared to my Fuji.
    I thought the Fuji colours were better than the Canon,and the prints at A4,were just as good,in my opinion.
    I Sold the Canon and bought a Nikon D40,which again,produced great photoes,but when I saw a Fuji S7000 on Ebay,at a great… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“Perfect camera to start your interest and learn the...”

Written on: 03/09/2008 by Wulfy7 (1 review written)

Perfect camera to start your interest and learn the basics with. But for true pros, 6MP will probably not be enough!… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I bought the S7000 four years ago and have been very...”

Written on: 11/08/2008

I bought the S7000 four years ago and have been very pleased with the camera in terms of handling, build and results. Have thought about other cameras but, will stick with the S7000 as its still a reliable workhorse… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“The Fuji Finepix S7000 is a great camera for budget...”

Written on: 24/04/2008

The Fuji Finepix S7000 is a great camera for budget photographers,great pictures, it's got everything you need. Only the best… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“The Fuji Finepix S7000 is small, and has very...”

Written on: 20/03/2008

The Fuji Finepix S7000 is small, and has very professional settings although a bit complicated. Overall, BRILLIANT… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“The Fuji Finepix S7000 is a good camera overall.”

Written on: 13/10/2007 by nib (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix S7000 is a good camera overall… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I truly miss using my Fuji S7000. I can not wait for...”

Written on: 07/10/2007 by mumbuns (1 review written)

I truly miss using my Fuji S7000. I can not wait for it to be fixed so I can resume my photography with it. I am currently borrowing a camera, and am not happy with it. I have taken my camera with me everywhere from overseas to back in the states. I recommend this camera to any serious photographer… Read Full Review

Fuji FinePix S7000

“This single camera has replaced my full scales of 35mm...”

Written on: 08/03/2007 by Simon Womble (1 review written)

This single camera has replaced my full scales of 35mm Canon gear (7x prime lenses + 2x zooms). Used pretty much evenly between studio and daylight, the Fuji Finepix S7000 digital SLR camera is more compact, lighter and less complicated than what I've been using before. Instead of carrying a compact everywhere, I carry this. It's been up and down mountains and rock faces, and once took a drop of about 15" straight onto concrete. Chipped but works fine.

The chromatic aberration is a pain. I… Read Full Review

Dougsinnott's Response to 281103_Simon Womble's Review

Written on: 29/05/2007

I note your comments and agree it's a very versatile camera.
    <br/>I recently bought my S7000 off eBay, to replace my Fuji S602.
    <br/>As regards chromatic abberation, my S602 had the same lens,and I never noticed any problems,with hundreds of photos and prints and have not noticed any with the S7000, unlike a Panasonic FZ7, which was sometimes obvious in backlit close-ups.
    <br/>I also have an EOS 300D, which, with a 28-200 zoom attached, is twice the weight of my Fuji, and I just never seem to use it now, as the weight just puts me off.
    <br/>The Fuji pictures are so sharp and colourful(even at 6mp) and make brilliant A4s.
    <br/>If the zoom was a bit longer, it would be a perfect camera, instead of very, very good!!!

Smiler03's Response to 281103_Simon Womble's Review

Written on: 05/08/2008

I was wondering whether to upgrade or not, your review suggests I shouldn't bother, which is fine by me! Thanks :)

Fuji FinePix S7000

“Imagine looking at a 250 dpi pic (it's actual dpi) on...”

Written on: 25/08/2006 by dave66 (21 reviews written)

Imagine looking at a 250 dpi pic (it's actual dpi) on your computer in photoshop, and then bumping up it's resolution to 500 dpi. You have achieved what the 12MP feature does on this camera, it fills in the blanks (interpolates). That said, I've taken over 2,500 pics with this camera and the manual features are superb, as is the picture quality. I have dropped it on a hard floor, then picked it up and it's still working. This is the Volvo of digital prosumer cameras, it's a bit dated and old… Read Full Review

Dougsinnott's Response to dave66's Review

Written on: 29/05/2007

It may be a bit old now, but it's still up there, and the picture quality is better than most of the current Fuji and other "bridge type" cameras, and well built.
    <br/>Fuji seemed to have lost their way a bit with recent offerings, seeming to concentrate on super zooms, rather than picture quality.
    <br/>I don't know what Fuji do with their older processing chips, but both my previous S602, and now my recently acquired (off eBay) S7000 produce first class pictures.
    <br/>The (interpolated) 6 megapixel images off my 602 were capable of colourful and sharp A4 prints and my S7000 is even better.
    <br/>Most of the time, unless I want to do a poster type large print, I leave it on 6 megapixel, which is quick to write on the card and gives you more prints. Of course, all excellent, if exposed correctly.
    <br/>The S7000 seems to offer all the resolution you'll ever need, I wonder how many people print at in excess of 20x16 on a regular basis anyway.
    <br/>My EOS 300D, with it's Sigma 28-200mm lens, is hardly ever used, as the S602 was so more convenient to carry around, and now I've got the S7000, it'll be used even less.

Dougsinnott's Response to dave66's Review

Written on: 18/09/2008

I found this review helpful because I have one myself!!...

Fuji FinePix S7000

“I bought this Fuji Finepix S7000 digital camera for 8...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by 4eyesnb (1 review written)

I bought this Fuji Finepix S7000 digital camera for 8 months now, and I have taken more than 3000 photos with it. I'm really pleased with the performance, functions and the image quality produced from FUJI S7000. In terms of the dollar/quality, it's the best of high end consumer class DC. Other Digital camera in it's league such as F828, A1,CP5700 and FZ20 they are about 10-40% more cost than S7000… Read Full Review