Gilera GSM 50cc Reviews

Gilera GSM 50cc - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gilera GSM 50cc

Gilera GSM 50cc
Gilera GSM 50cc

“i brought my gilera gsm 50 in february, since i have...”

Written on: 19/04/2010

i brought my gilera gsm 50 in february, since i have been on the road (march 10)i have seemed to have a lot of problems with it, like flatspots in the engine haveing to change down to 2nd or 3rd gear to go up hills, my exhaust fell off and i had to replace the electric system, has anybody out ther ghot any ideas how to tune up, de coke an engine and basiclly help me sort my bike out and get it running to its full capabilities cheers people!… Read Full Review

“alot of things were going wrong with my gilera gsm,...”

Written on: 06/05/2009 by cpibrap (1 review written)

alot of things were going wrong with my gilera gsm, mainly electrics and then one day BANG and have to get a new bike… Read Full Review

“My nephew bought one and I was soon involved in fixing...”

Written on: 10/12/2007 by superDelbert (1 review written)

My nephew bought one and I was soon involved in fixing problems with it. The bike will take the teenagers abuse but you need to look after the maintenance of it.

The Gilera version engine also has a fault in the gearbox - one of the gears is liable to shear teeth. Apparently common according to a Gilera dealer. He had to get the part from Europe.
£30 and a full engine strip… Read Full Review

“I bought this Gilera GSM 50cc about 2 weeks ago, at...”

Written on: 18/06/2007 by andy ratm (1 review written)

I bought this Gilera GSM 50cc about 2 weeks ago, at the minute the speedo only says that i can reach 50mph but managed to sort of keep up with a 125 doing 70mph. It has only got small sprockets on so acceleration is extremely fast but have ordered bigger sprockets so should go faster hopeful of reaching 70 maybe more. If you get one I would recommend buying a kickstart for it as well. However this could be down to an after-market air filter I've got which apparantly k&ns can cause starting… Read Full Review

“The Gilera GSM 50cc is spot on. I have just rebuilt...”

Written on: 16/05/2007 by jayswfc (2 reviews written)

The Gilera GSM 50cc is spot on. I have just rebuilt the whole bike sprayed frame plastics the lot looks mint. I have rebuilt the engine from scratch. It now has a 125 conrod and reconditioned crank, yz125 crank bearings. It has 76cc racing Metrakit big bore racing 21mm Delhorto carb and air filter. The bike is fast for its size - I have never yet been beaten as it reaches speeds of 85-90 mph on the flat, clocked by a car speedo! I would recommend to any learner looks great and very fast if… Read Full Review

“The Gilera GSM 50cc Super Motard is a stunner of a...”

Written on: 06/12/2004 by tom payne (1 review written)

The Gilera GSM 50cc Super Motard is a stunner of a bike and you are guaranteed not to lose almost any money on it if you buy second hand and you treat it like a proper lady should be treated. Just look after it and she will look after you… Read Full Review

192871_01Simmo's Response to 178904_tom payne's Review

Written on: 11/05/2005

Hi my name is Andrew Simmonds your bike is so cooooooooooool can i buy it for £200

Squish's Response to 178904_tom payne's Review

Written on: 23/01/2007

I could not agree more with you. Although I don't own a Gilera GSM, my friend does, and it is an absolute gem of a bike. 60mph top end, and very comfortable to ride on. I wish I had got one.

Madmonk's Response to 178904_tom payne's Review

Written on: 08/05/2006

I was riding a GSM 1998 and i agree they are good bike until you hit rain and mine would not start so now i ride a Yamaha, but they are nice and fast for a niffty fifty.