LateRooms.com Reviews - www.laterooms.com

1137
LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com - Ask a question now

“Terrible service!! I advise to never use late rooms!”

Written on: 13/05/2016 by Kenna101 (1 review written)

I used late rooms to book an apartment in Sheffield for a weekend with my bridesmaids to pick there dresses! In january I booked an apartment for the 6 of us for April 2nd 2016. In March I received a phone call from the apartment... Not late rooms.... To inform me that the apartment was no longer available. I immediately rang late rooms and they said they do not deal with people who own those apartments any more due to them not paying there subscription fee! As you can imagine I was furious… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/05/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm sorry to read your experience was so poor.

The original hotel that we are no longer working with, could have easily still accommodated you, it was their choice to call you and cancel the booking.
This would have meant they would have to re-sell the room.
While I understand your frustration this was not caused by us.

If a hotel does not pay its bill they are automatically suspended, just as if someone didn't pay their phone bill for example.

I also apologise for the way in which booking the alternative hotel was handled. From the information that has been provided I can find the booking and will speak with the agents who dealt with your case.

Kind Regards, Simon.

“Disgusting customer service ”

Written on: 14/04/2016 by Iade0212 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel room through this company and by accident made a reservation for the wrong day. Immediately after I mailed and apologised and rebooked for the correct day. Late rooms continued to phone me after 10pm whilst my 1 year old was in bed to tell me that they were taking a £55 cancellation fee for me booking the wrong day. The lady who was on the phone was rude and insisted that the payment was going to be taken and called back a second time staying the same. Luckily we spoke to the… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Iade0212's Review

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm sorry our service was not up to our usual standard on this occasion.
I would like to listen to the calls our agent made, but for me to do this I need further information from you.
I cannot leave contact information in this response so please use the information in your confirmation email to contact me.

“Never use them again”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by DougElliott (1 review written)

We booked a hotel with this company and received an email confirmation. On arrival at the hotel we were told they had no reservation. After an hour we were told that the reservation had been cancelled because of a problem with our credit card. We queried this and was told that LateRooms should have notified us. We contacted LateRooms and they told us the hotel should have notified us. There ensued a series of emails buck passing the responsibility. We were asked to supply proof of our funds… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to DougElliott's Review

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Sorry you have had such a poor experience when booking with us.

When I was reading your review one thing stood out, the hotel changed their story. For me this indicates that whatever happened to your booking, the hotel know they were at fault and are trying to shift the blame.
Sometimes a hotel will have a problem with the guests card, its usually a simple mistake when the card information was entered during the booking. The hotels all know the process they are meant to take, contact the guest and also let LateRooms know as well.

I'm sorry that on this occasion the hotel does not appear to have done any of this.

Dougelliott's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2016

More buck passing. We booked with late rooms, LateRooms confirmed our booking, we had to prove to lateRooms we were in funds at all times which we did. LateRooms hide behind the fact they are agents and the contract is with the hotel. END RESULT we incurred the cost of a mobile call from Spain to the UK and we did not get our room. LESSON LEARNED never use LateRooms You may like us, never get your room and they couldn't care less.

“DONT TRUST LATE ROOMS!!”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by Theseller1234 (1 review written)

Booked a room in Bromley through Late Rooms.com Had to cancel the booking due to a family matter Cancelled the booking through Email and direct with LateRooms I did this 16 days before the date of the visit to the hotel 2 days after the date of the original booking date, I was charged £90 on my credit card Obviously I queried this, and LateRooms denied that they had received an Email or phone call to cancel, and would not budge. I provided dates of calls and submitted the Email… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Theseller1234's Review

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us.

When you cancel a booking with us, we will always send a confirmation email to confirm cancellation. If you don't receive this within 30 mins maximum, you should contact us again to make sure the booking was cancelled.
When you call us, we can trace the call using the number you called us on. The same goes for emails, we can search all of our inboxes using the email address you used to contact us.
I'm sorry if the team were not able to find any of this information to support your case.
I would also add that if you check your statement you will see the charge has come from the hotel and not LateRooms.com.

Kind regards, Simon.

“Booked two rooms via Laterooms, got a reasonable...”

Written on: 28/02/2016 by 343Reid (1 review written)

Booked two rooms via Laterooms, got a reasonable price, then 10 minutes after booking got a mail saying their price was wrong and if we wanted to stay at the hotel they wanted another 20% on the price already charged to the card. If this was a shop it would be closed down by trading standards Will never use again as clearly they quote a price to get your money and then change the deal after you've booked. Mail said if you don't respond your booking will be cancelled, so we didn't respond… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/03/2016

Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you and would really like to hear from you about this as I'm not aware of any process we have that would allow this to happen.
Kind regards, Simon.

“the grange hotel coatbridge ”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by Serenab407 (1 review written)

Was at grange hotel with my partner was late getting out of hotel room as was sick must have been what I had to eat there night before manager of hotel aggresvky chapped door down was in my partners face using treating language to get out hotel room I was very scared about how aggressive he was even though we were late getting out he could have used different approach as we have been to the grange twice before never been late out a room shouldn't be allowed to treat people like this Wetherby… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/02/2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel you stayed at,you will shortly be sent an e-mail where you can leave a review of the hotel.We take all hotel feedback seriously and will take any major concerns up with the hotel.

Your feedback is appreciated on the stay you have had as this will help us to improve the standards of the hotels we have on the website.

“dont go near !this hotel foxhall village hotel...”

Written on: 17/01/2016 by Terryw327 (1 review written)

my daughter and a friend stayed here fr 4 nights. firstly the man who booked them in was very rude!they were given 1 towel each the whole stay, and when they asked for 2 forks so they could eat a pot noodle,he said no you will have to eat in the dining area, even though that was locked during the whole stay.On the last night stay he repeatedly said to them, remember check out is 10am, even though they told him they were aware of this, he continued to tell them throughout the day and evening. On… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/01/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Hotel. This review is based on your service from LateRooms, but you will shortly receive an email from us to submit your review based on your stay at the hotel.

If you would like us to pass your comments on to the hotel please email us along with the booking reference.

Written on: 22/01/2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedabck on the hotel you stayed at,you will shortly be sent an e-mail where you can leave a review of the hotel.We take all hotel feedback seriously and will take any major concerns up with the hotel.

“I think this site is a damn disgrace. No one could...”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by Palmer266 (1 review written)

I think this site is a damn disgrace. No one could help me when i asked to book a room for my 17th birthday, its such a joke. I could have a full family, be married AND drive a car, all i wanted was a weekend away with my boyfriend but no one could help me, lets just add to that that my boyfriend is 18 in 3 months but as he isnt legally 18 years of age we cant stay. I wont be recommending this site to anyone and its not the first time ive had trouble with it… Read Full Review

Hi,

I'm sorry if you feel that way. Please understand that the reason why we are unable to book guest that are under 18 years old is due to security reasons. Furthermore, you are still considered as teenager and some hotels do not accept guest that are under 18 years old.

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,when you are placing a booking you are entering a legal contract.We are unable to book you into a hotel as legally we are not allowed to enter a contract with a minor.

It is not LateRooms.com that set this rule it is the law of the land and we can not break this legal ruling.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

“Booked and paid then hotel rings me Fully booked!!!”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by 354MacGregor (1 review written)

I will never use this company again! I booked and paid for the hotel and then the hotel rings me to say "sorry we are fully booked and they shouldnt have sold me a room" So angry Waste of baluable time and energy No apology either!… Read Full Review

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about that. Can I please have your booking reference so we can have this check further?

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,all hotels on our web site update there own availability for the dates that customers can select.We had not been contacted by the hotel to advise there was an issue with your reservation so we were not aware of your issue.

Our customer service centre is open 24/7 and we can be contacted at any time to assist customers with this issue.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

“Terrible ”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by Kerr77 (1 review written)

Just awful. Tried to use them, 40 minutes of phone registration later I walked into the hotel I was trying to book and got a better rate. Might be useful if booking a few days ahead but genuinely awful for a late room… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Kerr77's Review

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about what happened. I hope despite the disappointment you'll still enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Laterooms.com's Response to Kerr77's Review

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,all hotels on our web site provide there own room rates for our customers and I will be asking them to update there room prices to be in line with there own.

I am sorry that the registration process took so long and I will be passing this to our training team for further development of our agents and how they handle our customers.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

“Doggy Do Not book from this website ”

Written on: 13/11/2015

Late room don't have clue about hotel they sell everything see this website is so doggy all they care is taking your money… Read Full Review

Hi,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the late reply. Please be advised that LateRooms.com don't take payment from our customers as it will be the hotel that will be charging them for the reservation. About the information on our website, these are uploaded by the hotel themselves, as we cannot vet every property on our website we have our guest reviews to help you assess if the hotel is suitable for your needs or not.

If you have further questions though, you can always contact us to check it further.

Samantha

“Travel Plaza Hotel Kettering & Laterooms saga”

Written on: 15/10/2015 by MartinW1207 (1 review written)

I had made a booking for a romantic night out at the travel plaza hotel, near desborough Kettering, unfortunately my partner had a miscarriage and lost twins, this was obviously devastating so I tried to cancel, after all a romantic night out was the last thing she'd want under these circumstances, I called Laterooms.com as under consumer law my contract is with them, they said I'd have to cancel with the hotel as it was the hotel who had my money and would be responsible for refunding me, I'd… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to MartinW1207's Review

Hi,

Firstly, I'm sorry to know about what happened and for the late response. I can only imagine the upset and stress this has caused you. Please be advised though that on your email confirmation there is a note stating that once the booking was made the contract is now between you and the hotel. Please understand that as much as we would like to cancel the booking without charges we too are bounded by the hotel's cancellation policy. As your booking agent, we did try to ask for a waiver, unfortunately the hotel was strict to their policy and was not able to provide any waiver on this occasion.

I do understand that this is something you didn't ask for, however, the hotel's decision is something we cannot control. I hope despite what happened you and your partner is now okay.

Samantha

“old ram coaching inn, ipswich road, norwich”

Written on: 12/10/2015

Warning!!Don't even bother coming here. Stayed here 10/10/15, £60 for room, does not even include breakfast which cost £8. The bed in the room was lumpy and uncomfortable, the lighting in bed and bathroom was very dim, if you are not too agile then it is a task opening heavy door and then up dangerous steps to room.The beer garden looks awful and neglected.Most importantly when you have spent around £160 on room, food and drink you would expect customer service, but members of staff were… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2015

Hello,

I can appreciate this wasn't a pleasant experience for you and I'm sorry you have to go through all these. If you can reply here with your booking reference number, I can look into it and passed on your comment to the hotel for their discretion.

Cheers,

Germilyne

“The Snooty Fox Nr Looe Cornwall ”

Written on: 13/09/2015

This is the first b&b we have used , in which you have to PAY for the sort of breakfast that is normally included in the price! The "continental breakfast " is a joke , there is no bar , no local eateries , the restaurant facility is only open on Sunday lunchtime , the room was clean , but the walls very thin , and even softly spoken conversation could be heard ,. All in all this establishment is VERY POOR value for money , and we certainly will not be using it again… Read Full Review

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about the dispappointment you've had with the hotel. If you can reply with your booking referenec, so I can check this for you further.

Samantha

“dont return money even when they say they will”

Written on: 11/09/2015 by egmedo (1 review written)

I spoke to one of their advisors somewhere abroad who made a right mess of my booking. Once I realized I called straight away and inform them that this is not what I booked for. after number of calls back and forth they admitted that they did a mistake and that they have modified my booking as originally requested. they said that I have to pay the full bill at the hotel although it was their fault but then upon return I will have to email them the invoice so they can refund me the difference… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to egmedo's Review

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for what happened and for the delay. If you still have not received your refund, then please reply with your booking reference and I will personally check this for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Samantha

“Incorrect information provided by laterooms staff”

Written on: 06/09/2015 by SharonBaker (1 review written)

After arriving at the Chumleigh Lodge Hotel, Nether Street, Finchley, London at 19.30om 03/09/15 there was no one on reception, I did eventually find my key in an envelope. The hotel was under renovation, the room was awful and certainly not worth the £75.00 room only charge. I contacted Laterooms and I was informed that due to my circumstances and the fact no-one was at the hotel, the reservation would be cancelled and I would not be charged the late cancellation fee. I was incorrectly… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to SharonBaker's Review

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for what happened and for the delay. If you can reply with your booking reference number so I can check this for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sharonbaker's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Hi

My Booking Reference Number was: 30256875R.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Airport Inn Hotel Gatwick ( Part of Britannia Hotel)”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by Holy001 (1 review written)

On 29/07/15 (under laterooms ) I paid £167 for 3 days plus fees for parking,but there were issues with the rooms on offer, there was no other choice but to find another Hotel to stay, when i asked for refund, i was told that laterooms that i booked through would pay me back (even though it was Airport Inn Gatwick Hotel that charged my card), Laterooms later told me differently, laterooms told me that the amount charged has nothing whatsoever to do with laterooms that I should go back to the… Read Full Review

Visit laterooms.com

“Disgusting treatment by LateRooms.com left my sons...”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by 1984Morse (1 review written)

DISGUSTING TREATMENT AND ABSOLUTE LACK OF CARE AND REGARD FOR THEIR CLIENTS LEFT MY SONS STRANDED. 1.THIS WAS BOOKED BY 08:13 GMT. 2.NO ONE ADVISED A PROBLEM WITH THE BOOKING UNTIL AFTER I CALLED TO CHECK AT 12:06 GMT. 3.I THEN WAS MISLED AND LIED TO UNTIL 17:42 GMT. 4."LATE ROOMS" HAVE, IN MY OPINION, SHOWN A COMPLETE LACK OF CARE AND PROFESSIONALISM. WHAT ABOUT DUTY OF CARE GUYS? 5.MY SONS HAVE NOWHERE TO STAY TONIGHT AND MAYBE FOR THE WHOLE WEEK AND ARE "SLEEPING ROUGH" THANKS TO "LATE… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2015

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with the service you received from one of our Customer Care Advisors. I can understand the frustration you've felt for the circumstances of your sons and for being away from them and unable to smooth things up for them. Please know that each of the hotels we advertise adds and updates all their details online including but not limited to their rates and room allocations. We regret that having your booking confirmed based on the availability advertised by the hotel on your requested period and for us passing the details of the reservation on to the hotel, they're still unable to honour your booking and didn't help to relocate your sons. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and I do hope that despite of the initial hassle, your sons were able to find alternative accommodation for the entire duration of their stay in Ibiza.

“Never Again!!!!”

Written on: 06/08/2015 by A.Flavius (1 review written)

Booked a hotel for my family to happen 8/8/15. Yesterday called to cancel as change of plans spoke to someone who informed me that the system was down took details and would call that day....nothing. called this morning to hear same rubbish was asked to hold while he go through to hotel which I feel was a lie came straight back saying he can't get through n gave me number to call knowing full well hotel would not cancel. Called hotel git through straight away but they couldn't as I expected… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to A.Flavius's Review

Written on: 19/08/2015

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about what happened. I believe you called us last 04th or 05th of August. We were having intermittent system issues that day due to the upgrade we are having. I'm sorry to know that the agents that handled your call was not able to call you back. If you can reply with your booking reference so I can check this further.

“Cancilation”

Written on: 27/07/2015 by Jenkinshz66 (1 review written)

Would never ever book with late rooms again , terrible customer service , tried to cancel a booking & got no where… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/07/2015

Hello,

Thank you for sending your comment through. I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with the service you received in cancelling your booking. I'd be happy to check your reservation for you if you could reply to this with your booking reference number.

A.flavius's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2015

I agree with you 100%. Just experience the very same. Only until I said you do whatever but I will be cancelling my card so no money will be removed from my account. Straight after the email came through to say booking cancelled. Took 3 calls all saying the same system issue take my details they will call 2 one even ask me to call hotel!!!

laterooms.com