LateRooms.com Reviews - www.laterooms.com

1145
LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com - Ask a question now

“The Truth About Art Deco Roomz And Why To Avoid!!!”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by BridgerMaher (1 review written)

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment in Glasgow with Art Deco Roomz for me and 3 friends for 2 nights costing a total of £130, we arrived just after 2pm as that was the time we were told to "check-in" only to not even be able to gain access to the apartment block as nobody was there. After ringing the bell for some time a janitor appeared to let us into the lobby where he allowed us to wait until we could contact the owners who eventually answered the phone and admitted that they no longer even… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. As this case is still ongoing I am limited in the comments I can leave here.
However one thing I can say is given the awful experience you had with this property and its owners/managers, the decision has been taken to cancel our contact with this property.
It does still appear on the site for the time being, however no rooms can be booked and the hotel will be permanently deleted at a later date. We will not work with the owners again even if they purchase a new apartment.

I am very sorry this happened to you, its clearly down to the poor standard of the alternative accommodation and behavior of the owners.
I hope this response at least demonstrates that where guests have such a bad experience, we take on board the comments and will review our relationship with such properties.

“Misleading advertising”

Written on: 06/11/2016 by AnnWalsh (1 review written)

We booked to stay in what looked to be a beautiful Georgian townhouse for 1 night B & B. As I booked I was informed we would be in an annex with continential breakfast. There was no obvious phone number to query further details. On arrival we were directed to alterntive accommodation a few streets away. This was in peak traffic and after having spent some time finding and parking at the original accommodation. We were directed to a dingy, dirty, shabby 'apartment'.It was hard to tell how long… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to AnnWalsh's Review

Written on: 11/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us, sorry to hear about what happened to you on arrival.
This needs looking into as we would not usually expect a property on our site to behave in this manor.
Near the bottom of you confirmation email you should see a phone for us and the property. I would encourage you to contact us about this so we can look into the property.
I am unable to leave contact information for us on this response, so please use the information on your confirmation email.

“INCOMPETENT LATEROOMS”

Written on: 23/09/2016 by wbcnick (2 reviews written)

Arrived at a hotel in Reading on the weekend of the festival to find that Laterooms had cancelled the booking with the hotel due to an 'issue' with my credit card but Laterooms had not contacted me at all. So, me and my wife and daughter were stranded in Reading which by now was fully booked. I wrote to Laterooms and did not receive a reply. I will not be using them again and advise others not to as they are obviously very rude and do not believe in good customer service… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to wbcnick's Review

Written on: 02/10/2016

Hi,

First of all, apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your party.

It seems as if you did not call us at the time. I'm sure if you phoned us on the day of arrival, we would of been able to help you out in this situation and help sort the issue out. When a booking is canceled on our side, the customer receives an email confirming the cancellation.

It sounds to me that the booking was never cancelled by Laterooms, but on the hotel's side.

We take customer complaints very seriously and I would like to ask you to check the email address you have used to write to us as I can assure you, no complaint goes unacknowledged. You can always contact us on our customer care line if you would like to discuss any issue further.

Kind Regards,
Juste R.

Wbcnick's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.
The hotel confirmed to us that it was Laterooms who had cancelled the booking due to an issue with the credit card.
The hotel was fully booked as were most of the other hotels in Reading that night so I'm not sure how the issue would have been resolved if we had contacted Laterooms on the night.
I wrote to the Laterooms postal address and included my home address. If this was not the correct address for complaints my letter should have been forwarded to the correct person. There is no excuse for not responding.

Regards,

Nick Carrington.

“mis lead by there incorrect terms”

Written on: 13/09/2016 by disapointed2016 (1 review written)

i booked a 1 night stay with this company and 2 days before i go they take full payment for my hotel , then when i get to the hotel they take full payment again when i get back i am told by laterooms.com that it will be 7/10 days before they will pay my money back into my a/c . i never gave them permission to take any funds from my bank it clearly states in there terms that they dont take money upfront . will not use them again… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to disapointed2016's Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm sorry to read about what happened. It sounds to me like you had a gift voucher booking. We make every effort to ensure the hotel is aware they need to charge our card which is on the booking. But sometimes the message just does not stick.

Refunds from us do not usually take that long, however we advise the maximum length of time just in case there are any problems. If you do not get the refund by the allotted time please get in touch with the team and we will chase this up for you.

“horrible service ”

Written on: 15/08/2016 by Shawn263 (1 review written)

Recently I was supposed to be staying at the busby hotel with my boyfriend in Glasgow for my birthday but my real trouble with late rooms is their customer service is terrible at processing requests quickly, we did not stay in the hotel as it was charged twice to my boyfriend and late rooms failed to refund him the £115 for a hotel room we did not stay in, this is obviously a failure in processing requests and listening to the customer, do not recommend… Read Full Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
LateRooms does not charge guests for their bookings. When booking with LateRooms its always the hotel who takes your payment. The only exception is guests redeeming a gift voucher or corporate clients.

As such if you have been charged twice, this will have been done by the hotel. If you contact us we will help you to get this money back or you can always raise dispute with your card provider.

“Disappointed ”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by EthenRice (1 review written)

Whatever you do don't use these. Late rooms called me about my booking I want to cancel. The advisor said that I would not be charged as the hotel had put in a cancellation form. Low and behold I look at my account and the money is out. Could not get the hotel, late rooms told me it was up to the hotel. I have come to the reality that I'm not going to see the money again. Use someone else I did try to email them to talk to someone about it but it seems the only way you can get a response is… Read Full Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.
It could be that what you see as a charge is a pre-authorisation. Many hotels now do this once a booking is inside the cancellation policy.
However if you have been charged after a cancellation was agreed we would argue this with the hotel for you.
Alternatively you can raise a dispute with your card provider, assuming the booking was cancelled without charge, you should have a confirmation email, speak with your card issuer and provide them with the cancellation confirmation.

“ TOTALLY INCOMPETENT”

Written on: 28/06/2016 by Wood313 (1 review written)

My daughter recently had her 6th year school prom and decided to stay over so used Laterooms.com to book a room and paid, using my wife's bank card, to stay after the event. Unfortunately she used the wrong date and it was going to be an error that I was going to regret no thanks to Laterooms.com. Identifying that an error had been made and within 5 minutes I phoned the hotel who advised that as the booking had been made with Laterooms.com I would need to contact them. So phoned Laterooms and… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor service we have provided on this occasion.

A lot of hotels use computerised booking systems and from experience this sounds very much like a problem with the hotels system.
This should not impact you as a customer and the hotel should have issued a refund right away. Knowing that if a fault was found with a LateRooms system we would cover the cost. However it seems from your comments they simply wanted to blame us and leave it at that.
I'm sorry you had to go to such lengths in order to obtain a refund.

Ranfurly1222's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2016

Thank you for your response, which sounds like you are trying to blame others for your incompetence by passing the buck.

I would not have used the profile, "TOTALLY INCOMPETENT" if I had not been sure of my facts. In this case I am 100% accurate in my summation, and if you check the telephone call on Sunday, 26th June 2016, at circa 21.00hrs approximately, with one of your staff, you will clearly hear them tell me that the Late Rooms system DOESN'T have the right email address for this.

Secondly, the hotel at no point in my dealing with them, did they ever deny liability, and again, your customer services representative DID. How would you like to explain that? (Telephone call as referred to earlier.)

Finally, can you explain why, after all the nonsense on the afternoon, 12.54 hrs of Monday, 27th June 2016, your representative said that the hotel could not find the payment I had made, when in fact I received a refund directly from them. Why did you ask me for a copy of the statement, when you had already processed the payment on behalf of the hotel?

In conclusion therefore, I stand by what I say that your organisation and those whom I dealt with are TOTALLY INCOMPETENT, and no amount of defending your actions will alter my opinion of your company. I also would warn potential users of the site, "BUYERS BEWARE" and be careful in using your services.

“no room at the inn”

Written on: 31/05/2016 by annholmes (1 review written)

we booked a 2 rooms for a weekend in london,when we get there we find theres no one at the hotel so we call the number on the booking form.We get the manager of the hotel and he tells us hadnt taken booking for weekend.we got in touch with late rooms to be told its the hotels mistake and not theirs.what a joke,as we booked on their site it should be down to them.after about 2hrs of phone calls to the parties concerned they offered us alternative accomadation witch was a lot dearer,further out… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to annholmes's Review

Written on: 06/06/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.
I'm sorry to hear the hotel advised you they were not taking bookings for that weekend.
In these situations as the hotel left their room/s open on our site we would ask them to find you alternative accommodation and cover any extra costs.
When a customer makes a reservation on our site this is against availability loaded by the property itself and it is their duty to ensure that this is maintained and up to date.
Had the mistake been ours we would have held our hands up and found you alternative accommodation right away.

“Terrible service!! I advise to never use late rooms!”

Written on: 13/05/2016 by Kenna101 (1 review written)

I used late rooms to book an apartment in Sheffield for a weekend with my bridesmaids to pick there dresses! In january I booked an apartment for the 6 of us for April 2nd 2016. In March I received a phone call from the apartment... Not late rooms.... To inform me that the apartment was no longer available. I immediately rang late rooms and they said they do not deal with people who own those apartments any more due to them not paying there subscription fee! As you can imagine I was furious… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/05/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm sorry to read your experience was so poor.

The original hotel that we are no longer working with, could have easily still accommodated you, it was their choice to call you and cancel the booking.
This would have meant they would have to re-sell the room.
While I understand your frustration this was not caused by us.

If a hotel does not pay its bill they are automatically suspended, just as if someone didn't pay their phone bill for example.

I also apologise for the way in which booking the alternative hotel was handled. From the information that has been provided I can find the booking and will speak with the agents who dealt with your case.

Kind Regards, Simon.

“Disgusting customer service ”

Written on: 14/04/2016 by Iade0212 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel room through this company and by accident made a reservation for the wrong day. Immediately after I mailed and apologised and rebooked for the correct day. Late rooms continued to phone me after 10pm whilst my 1 year old was in bed to tell me that they were taking a £55 cancellation fee for me booking the wrong day. The lady who was on the phone was rude and insisted that the payment was going to be taken and called back a second time staying the same. Luckily we spoke to the… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Iade0212's Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm sorry our service was not up to our usual standard on this occasion.
I would like to listen to the calls our agent made, but for me to do this I need further information from you.
I cannot leave contact information in this response so please use the information in your confirmation email to contact me.

“Never use them again”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by DougElliott (1 review written)

We booked a hotel with this company and received an email confirmation. On arrival at the hotel we were told they had no reservation. After an hour we were told that the reservation had been cancelled because of a problem with our credit card. We queried this and was told that LateRooms should have notified us. We contacted LateRooms and they told us the hotel should have notified us. There ensued a series of emails buck passing the responsibility. We were asked to supply proof of our funds… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to DougElliott's Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Sorry you have had such a poor experience when booking with us.

When I was reading your review one thing stood out, the hotel changed their story. For me this indicates that whatever happened to your booking, the hotel know they were at fault and are trying to shift the blame.
Sometimes a hotel will have a problem with the guests card, its usually a simple mistake when the card information was entered during the booking. The hotels all know the process they are meant to take, contact the guest and also let LateRooms know as well.

I'm sorry that on this occasion the hotel does not appear to have done any of this.

Dougelliott's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2016

More buck passing. We booked with late rooms, LateRooms confirmed our booking, we had to prove to lateRooms we were in funds at all times which we did. LateRooms hide behind the fact they are agents and the contract is with the hotel. END RESULT we incurred the cost of a mobile call from Spain to the UK and we did not get our room. LESSON LEARNED never use LateRooms You may like us, never get your room and they couldn't care less.

“DONT TRUST LATE ROOMS!!”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by Theseller1234 (1 review written)

Booked a room in Bromley through Late Rooms.com Had to cancel the booking due to a family matter Cancelled the booking through Email and direct with LateRooms I did this 16 days before the date of the visit to the hotel 2 days after the date of the original booking date, I was charged £90 on my credit card Obviously I queried this, and LateRooms denied that they had received an Email or phone call to cancel, and would not budge. I provided dates of calls and submitted the Email… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Theseller1234's Review

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us.

When you cancel a booking with us, we will always send a confirmation email to confirm cancellation. If you don't receive this within 30 mins maximum, you should contact us again to make sure the booking was cancelled.
When you call us, we can trace the call using the number you called us on. The same goes for emails, we can search all of our inboxes using the email address you used to contact us.
I'm sorry if the team were not able to find any of this information to support your case.
I would also add that if you check your statement you will see the charge has come from the hotel and not LateRooms.com.

Kind regards, Simon.

“Booked two rooms via Laterooms, got a reasonable...”

Written on: 28/02/2016 by 343Reid (1 review written)

Booked two rooms via Laterooms, got a reasonable price, then 10 minutes after booking got a mail saying their price was wrong and if we wanted to stay at the hotel they wanted another 20% on the price already charged to the card. If this was a shop it would be closed down by trading standards Will never use again as clearly they quote a price to get your money and then change the deal after you've booked. Mail said if you don't respond your booking will be cancelled, so we didn't respond… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/03/2016

Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you and would really like to hear from you about this as I'm not aware of any process we have that would allow this to happen.
Kind regards, Simon.

“the grange hotel coatbridge ”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by Serenab407 (1 review written)

Was at grange hotel with my partner was late getting out of hotel room as was sick must have been what I had to eat there night before manager of hotel aggresvky chapped door down was in my partners face using treating language to get out hotel room I was very scared about how aggressive he was even though we were late getting out he could have used different approach as we have been to the grange twice before never been late out a room shouldn't be allowed to treat people like this Wetherby… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/02/2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel you stayed at,you will shortly be sent an e-mail where you can leave a review of the hotel.We take all hotel feedback seriously and will take any major concerns up with the hotel.

Your feedback is appreciated on the stay you have had as this will help us to improve the standards of the hotels we have on the website.

“dont go near !this hotel foxhall village hotel...”

Written on: 17/01/2016 by Terryw327 (1 review written)

my daughter and a friend stayed here fr 4 nights. firstly the man who booked them in was very rude!they were given 1 towel each the whole stay, and when they asked for 2 forks so they could eat a pot noodle,he said no you will have to eat in the dining area, even though that was locked during the whole stay.On the last night stay he repeatedly said to them, remember check out is 10am, even though they told him they were aware of this, he continued to tell them throughout the day and evening. On… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/01/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Hotel. This review is based on your service from LateRooms, but you will shortly receive an email from us to submit your review based on your stay at the hotel.

If you would like us to pass your comments on to the hotel please email us along with the booking reference.

Written on: 22/01/2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedabck on the hotel you stayed at,you will shortly be sent an e-mail where you can leave a review of the hotel.We take all hotel feedback seriously and will take any major concerns up with the hotel.

“I think this site is a damn disgrace. No one could...”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by Palmer266 (1 review written)

I think this site is a damn disgrace. No one could help me when i asked to book a room for my 17th birthday, its such a joke. I could have a full family, be married AND drive a car, all i wanted was a weekend away with my boyfriend but no one could help me, lets just add to that that my boyfriend is 18 in 3 months but as he isnt legally 18 years of age we cant stay. I wont be recommending this site to anyone and its not the first time ive had trouble with it… Read Full Review

Hi,

I'm sorry if you feel that way. Please understand that the reason why we are unable to book guest that are under 18 years old is due to security reasons. Furthermore, you are still considered as teenager and some hotels do not accept guest that are under 18 years old.

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,when you are placing a booking you are entering a legal contract.We are unable to book you into a hotel as legally we are not allowed to enter a contract with a minor.

It is not LateRooms.com that set this rule it is the law of the land and we can not break this legal ruling.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

“Booked and paid then hotel rings me Fully booked!!!”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by 354MacGregor (1 review written)

I will never use this company again! I booked and paid for the hotel and then the hotel rings me to say "sorry we are fully booked and they shouldnt have sold me a room" So angry Waste of baluable time and energy No apology either!… Read Full Review

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about that. Can I please have your booking reference so we can have this check further?

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,all hotels on our web site update there own availability for the dates that customers can select.We had not been contacted by the hotel to advise there was an issue with your reservation so we were not aware of your issue.

Our customer service centre is open 24/7 and we can be contacted at any time to assist customers with this issue.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

“Terrible ”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by Kerr77 (1 review written)

Just awful. Tried to use them, 40 minutes of phone registration later I walked into the hotel I was trying to book and got a better rate. Might be useful if booking a few days ahead but genuinely awful for a late room… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Kerr77's Review

Hi,

I'm sorry to know about what happened. I hope despite the disappointment you'll still enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Laterooms.com's Response to Kerr77's Review

Hello,

We would like to apologise for the delay in getting a reply to you,all hotels on our web site provide there own room rates for our customers and I will be asking them to update there room prices to be in line with there own.

I am sorry that the registration process took so long and I will be passing this to our training team for further development of our agents and how they handle our customers.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

“Doggy Do Not book from this website ”

Written on: 13/11/2015

Late room don't have clue about hotel they sell everything see this website is so doggy all they care is taking your money… Read Full Review

Hi,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the late reply. Please be advised that LateRooms.com don't take payment from our customers as it will be the hotel that will be charging them for the reservation. About the information on our website, these are uploaded by the hotel themselves, as we cannot vet every property on our website we have our guest reviews to help you assess if the hotel is suitable for your needs or not.

If you have further questions though, you can always contact us to check it further.

Kind regards,

Samantha

“Travel Plaza Hotel Kettering & Laterooms saga”

Written on: 15/10/2015 by MartinW1207 (1 review written)

I had made a booking for a romantic night out at the travel plaza hotel, near desborough Kettering, unfortunately my partner had a miscarriage and lost twins, this was obviously devastating so I tried to cancel, after all a romantic night out was the last thing she'd want under these circumstances, I called Laterooms.com as under consumer law my contract is with them, they said I'd have to cancel with the hotel as it was the hotel who had my money and would be responsible for refunding me, I'd… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to MartinW1207's Review

Hi,

Firstly, I'm sorry to know about what happened and for the late response. I can only imagine the upset and stress this has caused you. Please be advised though that on your email confirmation there is a note stating that once the booking was made the contract is now between you and the hotel. Please understand that as much as we would like to cancel the booking without charges we too are bounded by the hotel's cancellation policy. As your booking agent, we did try to ask for a waiver, unfortunately the hotel was strict to their policy and was not able to provide any waiver on this occasion.

I do understand that this is something you didn't ask for, however, the hotel's decision is something we cannot control. I hope despite what happened you and your partner is now okay.

Kind regards,