LateRooms.com Reviews - www.laterooms.com

32888
LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com - Ask a question now

“The Truth About Art Deco Roomz And Why To Avoid!!!”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by BridgerMaher (1 review written)

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment in Glasgow with Art Deco Roomz for me and 3 friends for 2 nights costing a total of £130, we arrived just after 2pm as that was the time we were told to "check-in" only to not even be able to gain access to the apartment block as nobody was there. After ringing the bell for some time a janitor appeared to let us into the lobby where he allowed us to wait until we could contact the owners who eventually answered the phone and admitted that they no longer even… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. As this case is still ongoing I am limited in the comments I can leave here.
However one thing I can say is given the awful experience you had with this property and its owners/managers, the decision has been taken to cancel our contact with this property.
It does still appear on the site for the time being, however no rooms can be booked and the hotel will be permanently deleted at a later date. We will not work with the owners again even if they purchase a new apartment.

I am very sorry this happened to you, its clearly down to the poor standard of the alternative accommodation and behavior of the owners.
I hope this response at least demonstrates that where guests have such a bad experience, we take on board the comments and will review our relationship with such properties.

“Misleading advertising”

Written on: 06/11/2016 by AnnWalsh (1 review written)

We booked to stay in what looked to be a beautiful Georgian townhouse for 1 night B & B. As I booked I was informed we would be in an annex with continential breakfast. There was no obvious phone number to query further details. On arrival we were directed to alterntive accommodation a few streets away. This was in peak traffic and after having spent some time finding and parking at the original accommodation. We were directed to a dingy, dirty, shabby 'apartment'.It was hard to tell how long… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to AnnWalsh's Review

Written on: 11/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us, sorry to hear about what happened to you on arrival.
This needs looking into as we would not usually expect a property on our site to behave in this manor.
Near the bottom of you confirmation email you should see a phone for us and the property. I would encourage you to contact us about this so we can look into the property.
I am unable to leave contact information for us on this response, so please use the information on your confirmation email.

“Fantastic”

Written on: 03/11/2016 by Copelandql140 (1 review written)

The warm, friendly welcome we received from the female receptionist was impeccable. We asked for some advice on what to do in the area and the receptionist knew about what to do in the area. Food was good but more options for vegans. We will be back for more of the same treatment. It felt a home from home atmosphere. Staff friendly… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/11/2016

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for one of our properties.

You should have received an invitation to leave a review for the hotel which will appear on LateRooms, I would encourage you to fill that out so other guests can see how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

“INCOMPETENT LATEROOMS”

Written on: 23/09/2016 by wbcnick (2 reviews written)

Arrived at a hotel in Reading on the weekend of the festival to find that Laterooms had cancelled the booking with the hotel due to an 'issue' with my credit card but Laterooms had not contacted me at all. So, me and my wife and daughter were stranded in Reading which by now was fully booked. I wrote to Laterooms and did not receive a reply. I will not be using them again and advise others not to as they are obviously very rude and do not believe in good customer service… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to wbcnick's Review

Written on: 02/10/2016

Hi,

First of all, apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your party.

It seems as if you did not call us at the time. I'm sure if you phoned us on the day of arrival, we would of been able to help you out in this situation and help sort the issue out. When a booking is canceled on our side, the customer receives an email confirming the cancellation.

It sounds to me that the booking was never cancelled by Laterooms, but on the hotel's side.

We take customer complaints very seriously and I would like to ask you to check the email address you have used to write to us as I can assure you, no complaint goes unacknowledged. You can always contact us on our customer care line if you would like to discuss any issue further.

Kind Regards,
Juste R.

Wbcnick's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2016

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.
The hotel confirmed to us that it was Laterooms who had cancelled the booking due to an issue with the credit card.
The hotel was fully booked as were most of the other hotels in Reading that night so I'm not sure how the issue would have been resolved if we had contacted Laterooms on the night.
I wrote to the Laterooms postal address and included my home address. If this was not the correct address for complaints my letter should have been forwarded to the correct person. There is no excuse for not responding.

Regards,

Nick Carrington.

“mis lead by there incorrect terms”

Written on: 13/09/2016 by disapointed2016 (1 review written)

i booked a 1 night stay with this company and 2 days before i go they take full payment for my hotel , then when i get to the hotel they take full payment again when i get back i am told by laterooms.com that it will be 7/10 days before they will pay my money back into my a/c . i never gave them permission to take any funds from my bank it clearly states in there terms that they dont take money upfront . will not use them again… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to disapointed2016's Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm sorry to read about what happened. It sounds to me like you had a gift voucher booking. We make every effort to ensure the hotel is aware they need to charge our card which is on the booking. But sometimes the message just does not stick.

Refunds from us do not usually take that long, however we advise the maximum length of time just in case there are any problems. If you do not get the refund by the allotted time please get in touch with the team and we will chase this up for you.

“Fantastic”

Written on: 04/09/2016 by Fradlfc (1 review written)

Stayed at the Allenby for 3 nights We got a warm welcome from the person I dealt with , she couldn't do enough for us, we had room 6 on the ground floor, it was spotlessly clean, big enough for the 2 of us We paid extra for the breakfast which was basic but lovely. We had clean towels every day, and bed was made and breakfast left for next morning in a small fridge provided The shower room was clean and bright plenty of hot water but the shower was a little slow but adequate the person I dealt… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Fradlfc's Review

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for one of our hotels.

I have passed the review over to them so they have a chance to review it.

“horrible service ”

Written on: 15/08/2016 by Shawn263 (1 review written)

Recently I was supposed to be staying at the busby hotel with my boyfriend in Glasgow for my birthday but my real trouble with late rooms is their customer service is terrible at processing requests quickly, we did not stay in the hotel as it was charged twice to my boyfriend and late rooms failed to refund him the £115 for a hotel room we did not stay in, this is obviously a failure in processing requests and listening to the customer, do not recommend… Read Full Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
LateRooms does not charge guests for their bookings. When booking with LateRooms its always the hotel who takes your payment. The only exception is guests redeeming a gift voucher or corporate clients.

As such if you have been charged twice, this will have been done by the hotel. If you contact us we will help you to get this money back or you can always raise dispute with your card provider.

“Gallery B&B, Blackpool”

Written on: 15/08/2016 by chelseachris (1 review written)

Excellent attentive hosts. Great location, close to Winter Gardens, Town & short walk to Beach. Good Food. Very Clean. Couldn't have asked for more. Not to mention the life size cow!… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to chelseachris's Review

Hi,

Thanks so much for your review of the hotel.

I will send this over to them so they can view the review for themselves.

“Disappointed ”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by EthenRice (1 review written)

Whatever you do don't use these. Late rooms called me about my booking I want to cancel. The advisor said that I would not be charged as the hotel had put in a cancellation form. Low and behold I look at my account and the money is out. Could not get the hotel, late rooms told me it was up to the hotel. I have come to the reality that I'm not going to see the money again. Use someone else I did try to email them to talk to someone about it but it seems the only way you can get a response is… Read Full Review

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.
It could be that what you see as a charge is a pre-authorisation. Many hotels now do this once a booking is inside the cancellation policy.
However if you have been charged after a cancellation was agreed we would argue this with the hotel for you.
Alternatively you can raise a dispute with your card provider, assuming the booking was cancelled without charge, you should have a confirmation email, speak with your card issuer and provide them with the cancellation confirmation.

“so helpful thankyou”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by 1991stacey (1 review written)

My partner accidentally put in the wrong date when booking our hotel.he booked for that night! we rang the call centre and the lady he spoke to was so lovely she changed the date for us and cancelled the original booking.it says above that I cant mention her name but I couldn't find another way to contact you on your website.please can you leave a email address I can contact you on as I think staff that go above and beyond for the customer should be recognised… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to 1991stacey's Review

Hi,

Thanks so much for leaving this review.

We only check on here every so often.

However we have the same problem we are not allowed to give you a link or contact information.
If you call us you can ask for the email address, this is the only way round it I can think of.

“Not enough information”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by JairBeach267 (1 review written)

I recently booked B&B accommodation in Oban, paying £70 up front for our room & breakfast. When I phoned the guesthouse regarding a query I had, I happened to mention that we would be leaving early the following morning, only to be told we would not get any breakfast. There is no information re this on your site & I think potential customers should be informed re breakfast serving times so that they might make a better informed decision about whether they want to book or not… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/07/2016

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, I do apologize for the distress.
Relevant hotel information is displayed on our website to enable customers to read before processing a booking and this information is uploaded by the property. Also you have the ability to read guests reviews of as to enable you make the rightful decision before submitting your booking through our website. Once again I sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Regards, David.

“ TOTALLY INCOMPETENT”

Written on: 28/06/2016 by Wood313 (1 review written)

My daughter recently had her 6th year school prom and decided to stay over so used Laterooms.com to book a room and paid, using my wife's bank card, to stay after the event. Unfortunately she used the wrong date and it was going to be an error that I was going to regret no thanks to Laterooms.com. Identifying that an error had been made and within 5 minutes I phoned the hotel who advised that as the booking had been made with Laterooms.com I would need to contact them. So phoned Laterooms and… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor service we have provided on this occasion.

A lot of hotels use computerised booking systems and from experience this sounds very much like a problem with the hotels system.
This should not impact you as a customer and the hotel should have issued a refund right away. Knowing that if a fault was found with a LateRooms system we would cover the cost. However it seems from your comments they simply wanted to blame us and leave it at that.
I'm sorry you had to go to such lengths in order to obtain a refund.

Ranfurly1222's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2016

Thank you for your response, which sounds like you are trying to blame others for your incompetence by passing the buck.

I would not have used the profile, "TOTALLY INCOMPETENT" if I had not been sure of my facts. In this case I am 100% accurate in my summation, and if you check the telephone call on Sunday, 26th June 2016, at circa 21.00hrs approximately, with one of your staff, you will clearly hear them tell me that the Late Rooms system DOESN'T have the right email address for this.

Secondly, the hotel at no point in my dealing with them, did they ever deny liability, and again, your customer services representative DID. How would you like to explain that? (Telephone call as referred to earlier.)

Finally, can you explain why, after all the nonsense on the afternoon, 12.54 hrs of Monday, 27th June 2016, your representative said that the hotel could not find the payment I had made, when in fact I received a refund directly from them. Why did you ask me for a copy of the statement, when you had already processed the payment on behalf of the hotel?

In conclusion therefore, I stand by what I say that your organisation and those whom I dealt with are TOTALLY INCOMPETENT, and no amount of defending your actions will alter my opinion of your company. I also would warn potential users of the site, "BUYERS BEWARE" and be careful in using your services.

“No double room acailable”

Written on: 20/06/2016

I booked a double room at the holiday inn Doncaster on 9th June 2016. On arrival there were no double rooms. I rang late rooms who told me to write this and it would be investigated. I have a screenshot of booking confirmation for a double room and a letter from hotel telling me there were none available and this is an error through the reservation system. I'm not sure what doing this will solve but will follow it up… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

After a booking is made we send you a feedback invitation. I believe this is what my colleague meant, as leaving a review here does not allow me to see any details of your booking. However, from your comments, I believe I may have found it and will be in touch shortly.

If we are talking about the same booking I can see you did book a double and if the hotel were not able to honour this, it would be a fault in their system rather than LateRooms.

“Marlborough House, Carlisle”

Written on: 06/06/2016 by Peregrine53 (1 review written)

My mother and I stayed here for one night on Friday 6 May this year. Our room was excellent, as was the breakfast and our host was very personable and particularly helpful with local information. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Peregrine53's Review

Written on: 11/06/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for LateRooms.
This review is more about one of our hotels than the service from LateRooms.

However i will pass it over to them, good hotels can be hard to come by and smaller hotels like this one rely on good reviews to get business.

Kind regards, Simon
LateRooms Multi-Channel Agent

“Do not use Laterooms”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by CherishJones434 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel in Jan 2016 via Late Rooms for the end of may bank holiday weekend , after a 7 hour drive we get to the hotel and there is no booking even though i had a booking reference and a email confirmation. The hotel called laterooms however for some reason the booking was never booked. I don't personally care who's fault it was, i made my booking via Laterooms and there is no mention on the booking reference that guests should confirm a reservation prior to the booking. Complained to… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/06/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us.

Once a booking is made the same confirmation that was sent to you was sent to the property, at the same time.
There is no need to confirm your booking as when a customer makes a reservation on our site this is against availability loaded by the property itself and it is their duty to ensure that this is maintained and up to date.
If they do not keep this information up to date, we would ask the property to find you alternative accommodation on a like for like basis and if need be cover any extra costs.

“no room at the inn”

Written on: 31/05/2016 by annholmes (1 review written)

we booked a 2 rooms for a weekend in london,when we get there we find theres no one at the hotel so we call the number on the booking form.We get the manager of the hotel and he tells us hadnt taken booking for weekend.we got in touch with late rooms to be told its the hotels mistake and not theirs.what a joke,as we booked on their site it should be down to them.after about 2hrs of phone calls to the parties concerned they offered us alternative accomadation witch was a lot dearer,further out… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to annholmes's Review

Written on: 06/06/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.
I'm sorry to hear the hotel advised you they were not taking bookings for that weekend.
In these situations as the hotel left their room/s open on our site we would ask them to find you alternative accommodation and cover any extra costs.
When a customer makes a reservation on our site this is against availability loaded by the property itself and it is their duty to ensure that this is maintained and up to date.
Had the mistake been ours we would have held our hands up and found you alternative accommodation right away.

“Terrible service!! I advise to never use late rooms!”

Written on: 13/05/2016 by Kenna101 (1 review written)

I used late rooms to book an apartment in Sheffield for a weekend with my bridesmaids to pick there dresses! In january I booked an apartment for the 6 of us for April 2nd 2016. In March I received a phone call from the apartment... Not late rooms.... To inform me that the apartment was no longer available. I immediately rang late rooms and they said they do not deal with people who own those apartments any more due to them not paying there subscription fee! As you can imagine I was furious… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/05/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm sorry to read your experience was so poor.

The original hotel that we are no longer working with, could have easily still accommodated you, it was their choice to call you and cancel the booking.
This would have meant they would have to re-sell the room.
While I understand your frustration this was not caused by us.

If a hotel does not pay its bill they are automatically suspended, just as if someone didn't pay their phone bill for example.

I also apologise for the way in which booking the alternative hotel was handled. From the information that has been provided I can find the booking and will speak with the agents who dealt with your case.

Kind Regards, Simon.

“Waverley hotel minehead”

Written on: 01/05/2016 by Joe2london (1 review written)

Fantastic service, owners move heaven and earth to make your stay memorable I travel down from London every year had a lovely week in April at the Waverly every facility you need in a beautiful house… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Joe2london's Review

Written on: 15/05/2016

Hi,

Thanks to taking the time to leave a lovely review for one of the properties on our site.
Reviews like this are important to smaller hotels as they help them stand out from the chains.
I have passed your comments over to the property.

Kind regards, Simon.

“Disgusting customer service ”

Written on: 14/04/2016 by Iade0212 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel room through this company and by accident made a reservation for the wrong day. Immediately after I mailed and apologised and rebooked for the correct day. Late rooms continued to phone me after 10pm whilst my 1 year old was in bed to tell me that they were taking a £55 cancellation fee for me booking the wrong day. The lady who was on the phone was rude and insisted that the payment was going to be taken and called back a second time staying the same. Luckily we spoke to the… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to Iade0212's Review

Written on: 15/04/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm sorry our service was not up to our usual standard on this occasion.
I would like to listen to the calls our agent made, but for me to do this I need further information from you.
I cannot leave contact information in this response so please use the information in your confirmation email to contact me.

“Never use them again”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by DougElliott (1 review written)

We booked a hotel with this company and received an email confirmation. On arrival at the hotel we were told they had no reservation. After an hour we were told that the reservation had been cancelled because of a problem with our credit card. We queried this and was told that LateRooms should have notified us. We contacted LateRooms and they told us the hotel should have notified us. There ensued a series of emails buck passing the responsibility. We were asked to supply proof of our funds… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to DougElliott's Review

Written on: 15/04/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Sorry you have had such a poor experience when booking with us.

When I was reading your review one thing stood out, the hotel changed their story. For me this indicates that whatever happened to your booking, the hotel know they were at fault and are trying to shift the blame.
Sometimes a hotel will have a problem with the guests card, its usually a simple mistake when the card information was entered during the booking. The hotels all know the process they are meant to take, contact the guest and also let LateRooms know as well.

I'm sorry that on this occasion the hotel does not appear to have done any of this.

Dougelliott's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2016

More buck passing. We booked with late rooms, LateRooms confirmed our booking, we had to prove to lateRooms we were in funds at all times which we did. LateRooms hide behind the fact they are agents and the contract is with the hotel. END RESULT we incurred the cost of a mobile call from Spain to the UK and we did not get our room. LESSON LEARNED never use LateRooms You may like us, never get your room and they couldn't care less.

laterooms.com