LateRooms.com Reviews - www.laterooms.com

32806
LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com - Ask a question now

“Nice and easy booked a break for next day would...”

Written on: 18/04/2015 by auntyvon1948 (1 review written)

Nice and easy booked a break for next day would recommend late rooms to all my friends… Read Full Review

“Filthy Rotten Stench”

Written on: 13/04/2015 by ZaidColeman (1 review written)

I've just arrived at the Belle Cour, Russell Square, London. Immediately we entered the room we were overcome with the vile smell of drains. Investigation proved it was coming up through the shower, so no amount of flushing is going to help. Despite the doors to the bathroom being closed the smell is emanating underneath (they're incredibly cheap, sliding doors) ergo, the smell is filling the box we're in (which is masquerading as a room) which is making the night pretty awful. There's a hole… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2015

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to us. I am sorry to hear about the room's bad smell and traffic noise that affects the standard of the hotel which made you so disappointed. We have sent you a link after your stay at the hotel to leave a review based on your experience at the property. On behalf of LateRooms.com, I also apologise for the agent who assisted you on chat that he overlooked the main reason of your complaint. Kindly reply to this with your booking reference so I'll have a reference in checking this with the hotel.

I hope that your disappointment with the hotel did not detract you in using LateRooms.com again. I will look forward to hear from you with your booking reference.

Elvira

“Absolutely lovely”

Written on: 02/04/2015 by djYoung131 (1 review written)

I stayed at the Old Mill on the 31st, and greeted with a very warm welcome, I was warned that there would be a power cut between the hours of 8-10pm due to faults in the whole area, the girls both being very apologetic, they told me that it would be wise to order before 7:30pm before the power cuts out which was fine as I has checked in at 5, plenty of time to choose from the very varied menu. My food arrived and honestly, it was beautiful ! sure enough at 8pm the power cut out but the girls on… Read Full Review

Visit laterooms.com

“Booked up on 18 March 2015 for the 18 April wife...”

Written on: 24/03/2015 by darren-b (1 review written)

Booked up on 18 March 2015 for the 18 April wife noticed confirmation error same day,computer error they booked it for that night. Phoned up to be told I never booked it so had to phone husband to sort it from his work before 10pm that night so I will not loose money and sort this matter out. He did so to get no results and hotel took money even though they never had our permission as book a room I can cancel day before. The hotel said same day not in cancellation period but I never booked it… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to darren-b's Review

Written on: 27/03/2015

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please reply to this with your booking reference so I can check on it further.

Darren-B's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

29008509R
I Dont expect anything will be done about this the hotel says it was a prebooked deal.
Citizens advice told me to go through trading standards which looks like the route I'm going to have to take all the conflicts are on paper

Laterooms.com's reply to Darren-B's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2015

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience. I've checked the booking further and the hotel has indeed denied authorization for a refund.

I've checked it with our IT team again as well and we have been advised that there were no errors during the date that you've made the booking.

As much as we would want to process a refund for this matter, there is indeed nothing much further that we can do.

Darren-B's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2015

so why do you state on your contract:
If you would like the debit card details supplied to guarantee your reservation to be used for actual payment of your accommodation please contact the hotel directly as authorisation may be required
Reservation Modifications
carefully check the above reservation information, If any details are incorrect or you want to amend your booking you will need to contact laterooms immediately.
They wernt autherised and and you were notified about this incorrect information so whos fault is it because your contract means nothing and i am over a hundred pound out of pocket.

“stole my money”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by Mr.Hanky (1 review written)

I booked a room on-line at the Travelodge in Royal Tunbridge Wells through Laterooms.I gave my credit card details etc but wasn't entirely convinced that my booking had gone through properly as the site seemed very slow.After a couple of days without receiving any confirmation of my booking from either Laterooms or Travelodge I found a phone number for Travelodge call centre who I rang & explained what had happened.The person I spoke to checked the hotel bookings & confirmed that there was no… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/03/2015

Hello there,

Sorry for the frustration caused. If you can provide your reference number to your booking I can personally check if there is anything that can be done further.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mr.hanky's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2015

Think you need to read my experience again i did not get a booking number but you guys say your computers never make a mistake .......

Laterooms.com's reply to Mr.hanky's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2015

Hi,

Can you then reply to this with your e-mail address used on the booking so I can search for it.

Darren-B's Response to Mr.Hanky's Review

Written on: 24/03/2015

They stole my money on the 18th paying for a hotel on day of purchase which I Booked for next month they blame each other in going through citizens advice to see what they can do

Mr.hanky's reply to Darren-B's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2015

Can i just say good luck its like banging your head against the wall dealing with late rooms not sure about your hotel maybe try the hotel as i think late rooms leave the money taking to the hotel . Customer Solutions Team is dealing with my case but as she keeps telling me its my fault its got to be the worst service ever good luck and don't give up

Written on: 23/03/2015

Hello,
That is a really a hold up. Please reply to this with your booking reference so I can check it for you.

Written on: 22/03/2015

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience booking a Travelodge through us. Would you please send us the booking reference to us with your comments, so that we can investigate what happened. We need to find out whose mistake it was, if we find proof that it was our mistake or the hotel's we will get your money refunded.

“Warning you don t get money.”

Written on: 12/03/2015 by ojcdog (1 review written)

Got to hotels from laterooms and both were bad the first hotel was for party people that when on till 5am in the morning we asked for a quiet hotel near Piccadilly train station Manchester as my partner ie pregnant 27 weeks they booked us the new union hotel in the gay village for party people under 25s as the club is below the hotel that was the first wrong os anyway they offered us £20 for our say after staying there I wanted a refund did not go to sleep till 6/7 that morning and was go to… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to ojcdog's Review

Written on: 13/03/2015

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have encountered during your stay at the hotel. I appreciate this has caused you unnecessary distress. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. I can assure you we do not want this to happen nor for you to incur any additional expenses as we want you of course to have an enjoyable stay. I appreciate that you are understandably seeking reimbursement for your additional expenses.

I have noted on your feedback that you have been offered a refund you have yet to receive. I would be happy to make a follow-up on it if you could please reply to this comment with your booking reference.

I am also deeply sorry for your disappointment with the service you have received from our customer care adviser you have dealt with to make your booking for you at the start and to address your concern as a result of this reservation. Rest assured that this will be dealt with internally.

Thank you for your review. We will take it into account to make our service better. I will look forward to assist you further with your pending refunds.

Ojcdog's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2015

Yes you did offer me refund but £20 are you having a laf at my expense? I over spent by 300,400 pound with your company and you offer me £20 hahahaha.

Laterooms.com's reply to Ojcdog's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2015

Hi,

I'm sorry to know that the matter hasn't been sorted yet, if you can provide the reference number to your booking, I can certainly make a follow up on this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Jo

“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !”

Written on: 28/02/2015 by 492Spence (1 review written)

I made a booking through laterooms.for a stunning hotel, and I booked a room under the 'book now pay later' as I couldn't afford it all at once, was told when booking I would be paying either on arrival or when leaving the hotel which was absolutely fine. I then got an email from the hotel I had booked saying they had tried to collect the money from my bank but were unable to, now I was confused as to why they were trying to collect money from my account when I was told I would be paying on… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/03/2015

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We take customer feedback extremely seriously and I was very concerned to read about your disappointment with the service that you received from one of my colleagues on this occasion.

LateRooms strives to offer the best possible service at all times. I’m very sorry that you found that the agent failed to meet these standards on this occasion. I can assure you that we take this kind of service failure very seriously and would like to offer my assurances that this matter will be highlighted to the agent's Team Manager who will take action as necessary.

If you could kindly reply to this comment with your booking reference number I would be able to check the status of your booking.

Kind Regards,

“Hotel from hell”

Written on: 21/02/2015 by delboy121 (1 review written)

ASSAHA HYDE PARK. The review title sums up this hotel.. i arrived at this so call 3* hotel on the 17-02-2015 for a 2 night stay with my wife and 9 year old stepson. we arrived at 14.50 (check in was at 14.00pm) we were given number 1 room which was well all i can say was the cellar after attepting to get down the stairs and past the mess and the worker who was plastering the walls we got into the room and what we were greeted with was a a dark damp un-cleaned room and your would even put your… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to delboy121's Review

Written on: 25/02/2015

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles and inconvenience you had with one of the hotels booked on our website. Thank you for letting us know what happened.

All hotels advertised on our website has their own system which is connected to our website and this is where they put all information about their property, rooms, and other facilities. I will be more than glad to further help you. If you could please provide me your booking reference number so I can check.

Once again I would like to extend my sincere apologies. I hope that this will not detract too much in using our service again.

Toni

“The good, the bad and the ugly ...-”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by Almeida499 (1 review written)

Good - friendly receptionists, great views, great location, comfortable bed, large room, lovely old Wilteshire brick work. Bad - breakfast choice v limited with no fresh fruit and items constantly running out. The ugly - desperately needs refurbishment just about everywhere. Curiously, I would recommend- there's just enoug good here to make a visit worthwhile… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/01/2015

Hello,

I appreciate your feedback about your recent hotel reservation. I am very sorry to learn about your experience. We will send you an e-mail to fill out a review regarding this.

Gail

“MONEY BACK NOT”

Written on: 26/01/2015 by cwHouston464 (1 review written)

FRIEND USED LATEROOMS.COM TO BOOK HOTEL FOR THEM AND US. HAD TO CANCEL DUE TO BEING ELSEWHERE AT THE SAME TIME. BUT UNABLE TO GET MONEY BACK EVEN THOUGH GIVING 3 WEEKS NOTICE. YET IF HAD HAVE BOOKED DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL WE ALL WOULD HAVE GOT OUR MONEY BACK.SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! EASY BOOK WITH THE HOTEL DIRECT YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL. BOOK WITH LATEROOMS .COM YOU'VE GOT NO CHANCE… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2015

Hello, I'm sorry to hear this but it does sound like your friend booked a "non-refundable on cancellation" room (these are labelled as such before booking). If your friend gets in contact with us, we can try and ask the hotel to refund them. However this is up to the hotel's discretion, we'd be okay with the refund as long as the hotel is fine with it.

Thanks,

David

Ojcdog's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2015

Have the same problems myself booking.com is better buy far.

“stunning location and fabulous room”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by leicesteritel (1 review written)

Duddington is a gorgeous place with beautiful houses, reminiscent of a Cotswold village. No amenities here though, apart from the pub next door, the Royal Oak, where we had a fantastic meal. The accommodation was easy to find, and we had a very warm welcome from the owners. Our room (no 7) was stunning, fantastic big comfy bed and a (very!) powerful shower. All was new and immaculate. There was a small terrace outside the room with seating which would be lovely on a summer evening. Our room… Read Full Review

“Not a second time”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by Hannafb322 (1 review written)

Found the hotel was giving same at lesser price, Late rooms did not want to know! many emails later I gave up! it was only around £12 but, Late rooms thought the amount was worth more than their reputation! Never again!… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for the impression caused by your experience. If a customer finds a like for like booking cheaper elsewhere we do run a Price Promise scheme (full information on our website) but the details do have to be identical.

Written on: 31/10/2014

went through all this at the time! all sorts of excuses! for example
you can cancel with us you cannot cancel if you book same room through the hotel! whats that all about? what a nonsense! all for £12?
the reason I was fighting my corner was ( I book for four of us, I like to think I have done my best re price and quality, also two are OAP's .
Therefore if Laterooms reputation is not worth £12 ? what can I say?

Written on: 05/11/2014

The reason for the price difference is the hotel were offering a Non refundable room for £12.00 cheaper to the flexible booking you had made on our site, prices will often differ as to the terms and conditions on the room. Because you can cancel the room on our site as I mentioned it is flexible this is why there is an increase in price. The hotel are also in control of the prices advertised on our site, as we were unable to assist with the price promise we would suggest you contact the hotel to see if they are willing to offer the same rate they are advertising. (Paul)

Written on: 06/11/2014

I know what the reason was ie the option of a refund but, I want the best price! you give the impression that is what you get with Late rooms, this is not the case, Now I have an insight as to what goes on ie the hotel is in control, I will book direct in the future! you are still saying £12 is too much to refund it is all a nonsense! BBC Watch Dog could do a slot on this as they have on booking holidays!

Written on: 07/11/2014

As we do not take any form of payment we would not be responsible to refund for a booking that is priced by the hotel, we have given you clear information on how to obtain the best rate available for your stay. We have also advised that the prices are put in place by the property and we have no control over this. Our company displays competitive rates as it is generally seen to be cheaper to book online through comparison sites than it is to book direct, as the hotel have supplied a cheaper rate for a different room type this is still the case as the terms and conditions will determine the price of the room. (Paul)

Written on: 10/11/2014

Needing to have the last word on this subject, I am pleased to have an in sight as to the procedures re late rooms and obviously other booking agents such as you. That is obviously what you are just booking agents. So I will not need an agent in the future I will go direct to the source. The £12 must be going to pay your wages. I have to watch my pennies. Always looking for the best deal and do not appreciate it when I am feeling fleeced.

“esplanade hotel clacton”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by skytiger (1 review written)

We have just returned from the WORST 3 day break ever. When we arrived the first thing we had to do was make payment for the three days. I had explained that my wife was disabled BUT we were not told that there was no lift and I had to struggle up the stairs with my wife and cases as there is no one to help.For the whole 3 days there were workmen refurbishing the whole reception area and there was a constant smell of paint throughout the hotel and old plaster and bare wires all around the area… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to skytiger's Review

Written on: 24/10/2014

Hello,

Your booking was on the payment on arrival rate and the hotel doesn't make any claims on our site they had any disabled access. I apologise that the hotel did not put any notification on our site or theirs regarding their refurbishment. I've been in contact with the hotel and they will be adding a notification to our site shortly.

Best regards,

David

Skytiger's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2014

we should have been compensated for the difficulty getting around the hotel and the non notification of a lift my wife had to struggle up and down two flights of stairs the manger was not interested with our complaint and my wife has been upset as it was a birthday surprise from myself

regards R Griffiths

Missmac64's reply to Skytiger's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2014

It just proves to me that with Late Rooms there is NO responsibility taken what so ever for anything! and I for one will
NEVER book through them again! hope future experiences
you have will be much happier for you both!

Laterooms.com's reply to Missmac64's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2014

If it was a failure in the lateRooms procedure then we would accept responsibility, as the responsibility clearly lies with the property for this incident then it would be up to the hotel to rectify the problem which we have been in contact to make sure this is brought into place. We have in this situation assisted in making sure that the hotel updates their policies and description for future bookers to eliminate this issue happening again. (Paul)

“marketing suicide”

Written on: 01/10/2014 by NorfolkDeckchair (1 review written)

Singularly the worst booking experience of my life. I guess that the idea of sending me a £10 voucher was to make me feel good about the brand but I am afraid that is not what has happened. The normal 2 minute online booking experience turned into a 20 minute telephone nightmare. Why oh why do they want to commit marketing suicide? … Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to NorfolkDeckchair's Review

Written on: 02/10/2014

We are sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience whilst making a Gift Voucher booking, sadly the procedure we have to follow to confirm the reservation via the voucher offer is a rather long winded one as there a many steps to follow. We again apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. ( Paul )

Norfolkdeckchair's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2014

That's all very well but I don't see why you can't simply have a Voucher Redemption box in the online checkout? I had already got to the checkout point online (in less than a minute) and the room was clearly available. So I don't understand why I had to abort the online booking and spend 20 minutes on the phone at my expense talking to someone who claimed they could not here me to get confirmation of something I already knew. Indeed why couldn't your agent confirm the availability in less than a minute online? It is a Laterooms.com offer, not a hotel offer, so surely you can take responsibility for making sure your customers have a pleasant time taking advantage of your generosity rather than making them miserable? Sounds like you need some more joined up thinking between sales, marketing, IT and operations? (JK)

Laterooms.com's Response to NorfolkDeckchair's Review

Written on: 06/10/2014

As explained in my previous email this is the procedure we have to follow for the time being even though as mentioned it is a long winded and complicated process. The process is necessary as the payment is made by ourselves for the additional £10 to the booking which means we have to supply our own card details whist the booking is made, this meaning there is no possible way of a voucher booking being able to be completed online. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

“great little hotel”

Written on: 26/09/2014 by bloodnut56 (1 review written)

Stayed 3 nights for my birthday great little hotel great hosts and a 10 out 10 breakfast will be going back before christmas… Read Full Review

“Highly recommended!”

Written on: 22/09/2014 by Jadon304 (1 review written)

I have used LateRooms a number of times now, and highly recommend them. Excellent choice of accomodation, easy booking process and great offers!… Read Full Review

“NO ROOM BOOKED ”

Written on: 08/09/2014 by lin209 (1 review written)

Booked an over night stay at spring grove tavern hudderfield for 6th sept we arrived to book in and no room for us I dont know if this was fault of laterooms or management at tavern not good experience dont think i would use laterooms again , luckly we were booked into another b&b by spring grove tavern i will be checking my bank account as it was more expencive and hope i have not been charged extra as it was no fault on my behalf. I would have like to have known that the B&B we booked was… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to lin209's Review

Written on: 09/09/2014

Hi,
Thank you for sending through your comments and please accept my apologies for this overbooking situation and the worry and inconvenience it has caused.
When a customer makes a reservation on our site this is against availability loaded by the property itself and it is their duty to ensure that this is maintained and up to date. I sincerely apologise for whatever lack of internal communication prevented this hotel from closing out their allocation, leading to this overbooking. I was, however, pleased to hear that they assisted you in finding an alternate place to stay. Please rest assured that we booked this in good faith on the allocation provided by the hotel and we had no indication that there was an issue.
Once again, please accept my apologies for this booking issue but I hope that this response has shown how we do take on board concerns when they are raised and strive to assist here at LateRooms.com.
(John)

“failed booking as no confirmation sent but charged”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by ashleymalpass (1 review written)

Ref- 27214535R i recently booked a hotel in torquay, upon payment and putting my card details in the website crashed and i recieved no confirmation,(this was confirmed on the phone to IC with customer services after date of arrival) as i presumed the booking was not made as no confirmation or reference number was sent i booked another hotel for the same night as first hotel come up as fully booked when i tried to rebook i was charged for BOTH hotels and after speaking to customer services they… Read Full Review

Laterooms.com's Response to ashleymalpass's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

Hello,
I am sorry to hear of your experience and I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have investigated this issue for you and can see that my colleague has been in contact to resolve this issue on your behalf.

Ashleymalpass's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2014

Hello
Yes your colleague has been in contact and returned my every call and e-mail but a 50% refund is the final offer off management unless i take matters further so i have excepted this offer.

“Amendments”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by Howell91 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel at Manchester airport, then had our flight changed to the following day. Late Rooms would not let us change our booking to the following night. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to hear that we could not amend your booking following your change of plans however I must stress that the policies for reservations made on our site are those of the accommodation booked. If you could kindly reply to this comment with your booking reference number I will gladly double check the policy that was agreed to when you made this particular reservation.
I hope that, despite this, you enjoy your time away.
(John)

“Late rooms - BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by KarenFitzgerald (1 review written)

I would never use laterooms again. Booked 3 rooms in a hotel for my brothers wedding. Recieved the email confirmation, job done I thought. When we arrived only 2 of the 3 rooms had been booked and no hotels available in the area. Ended up having to pay £110 more for a hotel a long distance away as it was the only option. The stress and upset completely ruined our enjoyment of the wedding. After multiple emails and phone calls over the last few weeks laterooms are blaming us as they are saying… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/08/2014

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused and also your frustration with the matter at hand, we have tried to look into this for you and we cannot find any records under your name. If you could respond to me with your reservation reference we will investigate further for you ( Paul )

laterooms.com