Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow Reviews

Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow - Ask a question now

“Don't go near this Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow. ”

Written on: 23/08/2007 by whosbrianwilson (1 review written)

Don't go near this Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow.

The Maldives are wonderful but this island is to be avoided at all costs… Read Full Review

“If you are planning a trip to the Maldives, don't go...”

Written on: 14/02/2007 by gemmahardwick (1 review written)

If you are planning a trip to the Maldives, don't go to the Meedhapparu Beach. If you have booked here, change it! My husband and I have visited the Maldives before and know what to expect from a resort, only last time we went to a three star resort and this one is supposed to be four.

Here's why we don't recommend this island:

Two of our party of four became seriously ill. The doctor said it was due to the raw sewage floating in the sea, we also saw this for ourselves.

The sea defences… Read Full Review

Bobsmith698's Response to gemmahardwick's Review

Written on: 16/04/2007

Sorry you had a bad experience but I totally disagree.
<br/>
<br/>Staff were fantastic when I was there, food was great, even for somebody who is fussy like me.
<br/>
<br/>Snorkeling was great, no need to jump anywhere, we even had Dolphins swimming with us.
<br/>
<br/>Overall a great place, which I would recommend to anyone.

Mistyboo's Response to gemmahardwick's Review

Written on: 23/05/2007

I can totally agree with this review, we too had been to the Maldives before and knew what to expect but the Meedhupparu resort was quite awful and such a disappointment. We certainly won't be booking this resort again and definitely won't recommend it to anyone!

Katek's Response to gemmahardwick's Review

Written on: 13/05/2007

Just returned from Meedhupparu on the 30th April and we both have to say it was absolutely fantastic. The food was great and the fine dining was excellent. The staff were lovely and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. Didn't see any sewerage in the sea and we never had any cockroaches in our room nor did anyone else we spoke to. Enjoyed it so much we are going to book again for next year.

“About the Resort: ”

Written on: 09/12/2006 by tanleep (1 review written)

About the Resort:
Guest mix is typical, mostly Germans and English though there is a growing number of Russians too. Staff in general is courteous and helpful, though the bar staff at the main restaurant can be a little slow. Go for the grill bar instead if you like a more romantic atmosphere. Did not notice many children, mainly couples.

There are water bungalows available but they are pricey. I was told they are quite posh, you get your own butler, plasma cable TV / DVD player, sound system… Read Full Review

“An amazing place. The sea-plane transfer was an...”

Written on: 05/12/2006 by foxyfeline (1 review written)

An amazing place. The sea-plane transfer was an experience and the waiting time was less that an hour. Upon getting to the island you were greeted on the jetty, escorted to reception and given drinks and ice cold face cloths. You were then given your rooms and escorted to them. Rooms were clean and basic but when you open your terrace doors the view is breathtaking and we were on the side that is suffering with the erosion problem.
Dining room food selection was always excellent and even the… Read Full Review

“I would absolutely recommend Meedhupparu resort in The...”

Written on: 10/09/2006 by tornrose (1 review written)

I would absolutely recommend Meedhupparu resort in The Maldives. It was the best holiday I've had yet. It offered a relaxed, private and friendly atmosphere. The staff are the most friendly and courteous people I've ever met. If you're looking to get away from it all, go there!

It is hard to find another holiday that would match up to this one. I am dying to go back, and I'm already saving up to go back for my 21st!!… Read Full Review

“The good things about the Meedhupparu Beach Bungalows...”

Written on: 19/07/2006 by kuch (3 reviews written)

The good things about the Meedhupparu Beach Bungalows in the Maldives definitely outweigh the bad. I certainly would recommend it to anyone, and I would go back again, as I returned home very chilled and relaxed. There are some fantastic views of paradise!… Read Full Review

“The charter trip and the waiting for the sea plane was...”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by degbert (120 reviews written)

The charter trip and the waiting for the sea plane was an inauspicious start, but the sea plane ride - those views! - and hopping onto the beach sooned cheered the day up. The weather was perfect, the sea an impossible aquamarine, the views terrific, the gardens well maintained, and the Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow staff very, very courteous.
The food was generally very good, but if you want better I recommend the fine dining at least once - worth every penny of the quite reasonable price. Even… Read Full Review

Degbert's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 05/06/2006

Of course what I meant to say in my final sentence was "Difficult to envisage how on earth I will ever holiday anywhere ELSE now.". I'm sure you all realised.

Degbert's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

Very strange. Dawn, I was in Kuredu in 2006 myself, having been to Meedhupparu in 2005. I&#039;d put Kuredu slightly better because of the facilities but there&#039;s not much in it. There are more people on Kuredu so it sort of depends what&#039;s important to you. - degbert

248944_Dawn Ridler's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 27/06/2006

Having spent 2005 on Kuredu Island and this being our first experience of the Maldives, I was so thrilled with everything Kuredu offered I was very dubious in booking to another island. Thanks degbert for your comments this has now re-assured me that I will equally have a fantastic time on Meedhuparau Island in March 2007 for my 25th Anniversary with friends.

“Had a great time at Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow but it...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by slippery (1 review written)

Had a great time at Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow but it did rain for 4 of the 7 days.
All inclusive package is not up to the Carribbean standard.
All inclusive food is only in the main dining hall, all other bars the food has to be paid for.
If you want a cocktail you will hav to pay for it.
All water sports have to be paid for as well.
Take your own snorkelling gear it is cheaper than hiring it… Read Full Review

“Meedhupparu is a Large island but just meant more of a...”

Written on: 12/10/2004 by cblackwell (1 review written)

Meedhupparu is a Large island but just meant more of a good thing! About 1/2 hour walk round island. Stunning, almost deserted wide white powder beaches and natural house reefs around whole island. So many wonderful fish, turtles etc on house reef, didn't feel need to scuba (recommend hiring snorkel fins and masks for stay - high standard aprox $15 pppw). Interior of island included winding 'secret paths'(short cuts) which were magical when lit at night, as well as main walkways. All rooms and… Read Full Review

211742_Alison Young's Response to cblackwell's Review

Written on: 27/09/2005

Please would you tell me who you booked your holiday with, we will try to get a flight from Manchester. By the way your review was wonderfull.

Cblackwell's Response to cblackwell's Review

Written on: 31/10/2005

FAO Alison Young.
<br>Sorry took so long to reply to your comment of SEpt 05-just seen comment message as only just back on line following maternity break. We booked via TUI (Thomson/Lunn Polly) Winter Price Breakers brochure. Could have ended up going to Mayafushi as resort allocated on arrival (between the 2 islands). Parents booked for same time of year, from TUI far and away brochure and didn't really affect cost. (They adored it there too and can't wait to return - they got back days before the Tsunami last year, but Meedhupparu was luckily unaffected by the waves!). We flew from Manchester with sea plane transfer included as standard. The sea plane is a great experience with amazing ariel views of islands, but was noisy. Recommend using the free ear plugs available at the 'sand bar' sea plane waiting area. Top tip-rush to get to your rep once you land at Male and get directions to the sea plane, as those who didn't get to the sea plane terminal early had to wait hours before catching one! By the way, don't miss the snorkeling excursion as it was great value and the fish/turtles etc at the reef were amazing. The bungalows at the (south?) edge of the island were the best setting/more private. (I think we stayed in room 287 on that side). Hope you still booked/will book to go to Meedhupparu. All of us here are v.jealous but v.excited for you. Look forward to reading your review once you get back!!! Regards Claire Blackwell.