Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 Reviews

Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toyota Carina CDX 2.0

Toyota Carina CDX 2.0
Toyota Carina CDX 2.0

“Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 is the most...”

Written on: 19/07/2009

Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 is the most reliable,economical,car I have driven,and I have been driving since 1962 hundreds of cars in that time,Comfort is another plus,and average 42 mpg overall,cost me very little to run,no major repairs,just stuff like new battery,tyres etc,oil and servicing ,one set brake disks and shoes,and thats it,and i still use it everyday previous one careful owner,it cost me £450 in 2005,still starts first time ,engine runs perfect,old boys roller,triffic… Read Full Review

“I have had my Toyota Carina 1.8 CDX for 11 years. It...”

Written on: 06/12/2007

I have had my Toyota Carina 1.8 CDX for 11 years. It never let me down. Pleasant to drive. the CDX model is the best option as it has full specs.

“Going from a small car (Daewoo Matiz) to the Toyota...”

Written on: 05/03/2007 by zaphod987 (13 reviews written)

Going from a small car (Daewoo Matiz) to the Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 was quite a shock. It took me ages to get used to the shear size of it, and parking in car parks at first was very hit & miss. It's excellent for lugging stuff around, the cavernous boot easily takes a 5 foot fridge/freezer with space to spare.
It's not as fast off the mark as you might expect from a 2 litre engine, but it's a big, heavy car, and wheel-spinning even in 1st and 2nd is easily done, and 3rd is possible. The weight… Read Full Review

Zaphod987's Response to zaphod987's Review

Written on: 02/12/2011

Well, it's sold now, after 5 years and driving 20,000 miles, so I thought a final update was needed. I'm going to miss that car. Stupidly reliable, all it's needed were a couple of tires (punctures), a battery, and a brake rebuild (pads, shoes & disks).
15 years old, 137,000 miles, doesn't smoke, doesn't leak, doesn't rattle, but I just don't use it enough anymore to keep it.
My advice, if you're looking for a cheap, reliable car, get one of these.

“Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 hatch back family car. R...”

Written on: 10/10/2004 by Higgy (3 reviews written)

Toyota Carina CDX 2.0 hatch back family car. R registered. I have owned this car for 5 years and it has been fantastic. Still has original exhaust and brakes. Solid, reliable and it has only ever let me down twice. Both times were due to battery failures. Car has now done 60,000 miles (had only done 13,000 when bought) and has not even needed a bulb changing. Used everyday with lots of short run trips (the worst scenario for a car) and so far the Carina has taken all sorts of punishment from… Read Full Review