Written on: 23/05/2010
The AMG is fully standard appart from having the ecu re programmed and now the car producing 367 hp and 415 torque, genuinly is one of the fastest vehicles I have had the pleasure to drive, bearing in mind that I have driven Porsche's, Turbo charged Audi's Corvettes along with other great cars. The great thing about the Amg is the way in which it delivers the power, the acceleration 0-60 has been timed at 4.6 secs, and the torque levels are immense. The vehicle is my 2nd vehicle and is totally… Read Full Review
Written on: 13/03/2009
The Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG is very quick. all right, it doesn't handle as well as an e46 m3, nor does it have the styling. but all of that aside, its a fantastic car. The key point is the torque, against an m3 to 60, it may me a little behind, but when you start at 40, the clk will punish it. Top end is fantastic too e.g when you go over 100mph it just doesn't stop!
The noise is great, go through a tunnel with the windows down and you will see what i mean.
The M3 is a terrific car no doubt… Read Full Review
Written on: 20/10/2003 by pnadin (122 reviews written)
Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Test drive findings:
1. CLK55 Steering too light - needs firming up at speed.
2. CLK55 Steering not as commumicative as M3
3. CLK55 only has 5 gears
4. CLK55 is more civilised. engine was much smoother. M3 felt faster / more responsive.
5. CLK55 has no Sport mode (throttle response adjustment)
6. CLK55 is better mannered - deals with uneven surfaces better
7. CLK55 driving experience not as good - you cant throw it round corners and feel the bends in the same way.
8… Read Full Review
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Happy motoring " Read More
" I love this car! " Read More
" My current car " Read More
Written by gregorgz
" Damp tig " Read More
" BRILLIANT CAR " Read More
Written by jennyfalkner