Rover 620Ti Reviews

Rover 620Ti - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Rover 620Ti

Rover 620Ti
Rover 620Ti

“just paid £600 for my third Rover 620ti, a p reg with...”

Written on: 23/01/2009 by motomallen (1 review written)

just paid £600 for my third Rover 620ti, a p reg with 6 months tax and mot 95000 miles, new clutch, nice tight gearshif, an in dash dvd/cd player with 12" sub and 400w amp in boot with a good set of 17" rims and tyres. it drives like a dream and it's so much fun. for those that say it's not sporty well all the ones i have owned can easily live with scoobys and cosworths, if you don't believe this look at the performance figures and rolling excelleration times and all this without looking like… Read Full Review

“The Rover 620 is a fantatic vehicle and a cheap...”

Written on: 25/08/2008

The Rover 620 is a fantatic vehicle and a cheap vehicle for what it is. This car I comfortable very fast good solid engine nice rev range. After a bit the gearbox starts whinning the gear selecter becomes sloppy and the old head gasket is a big problem stay away from the modified ones… Read Full Review

“Lots of fast fun, torque steer you wouldnt believe....”

Written on: 19/07/2008

Lots of fast fun, torque steer you wouldnt believe. Probably too expensive to run now. Owned one some years ago, it was then quite new, it was unreliable on an epic scale. Brake discs, throttle body, thermostat, head gasket, even the drivers door window fell out! So glad it was insured on an extended warranty. They say you need deep pockets to own one, they aint kidding… Read Full Review

“Like i said a bit of modding and your away, I fitted...”

Written on: 26/05/2008 by leemundy (1 review written)

Like i said a bit of modding and your away, I fitted boost valve a gauge highly recomended, stainless steel mongoose exhaust. Dump valve and i have added extra piping to the airbox for that all important catching of as much cold air as you can! With all this you dont just say bye bye to the gti,s and bmws you power by them and just see them disappear, WHAT FUN!… Read Full Review

“I have owned my Rover for 1 year, I have done a lot of...”

Written on: 01/10/2007 by wize (1 review written)

I have owned my Rover for 1 year, I have done a lot of work to it, I've put 17" rims, dump valve, induction kit, and a sports exhaust, I have also flushed the boot , I am putting LED under-car neon lighting on . My next step is to lower the car but I am having trouble finding sport shocks, I would recommend the car to any one… Read Full Review

“Overall a fantastic car for the money. I bought my...”

Written on: 26/04/2006 by Martin H (3 reviews written)

Overall a fantastic car for the money. I bought my Rover 620Ti 98 R reg, 72K, T&T, FRSH for £300 with a slipping clutch. £100 and half a day later I`ve got the perfect street sleeper. Chavs in Novas beware. lol

No real problems so far, but the T series engine can destroy itself in short order if not looked after. Keep an eye on water and oil levels and be wary of the headgskets. They do tend to weep a bit of oil.

Interior is comfy and spacious with no nasty rattles. Half leather, Full… Read Full Review

“I have owned my Rover 620Ti for a little over a year...”

Written on: 30/01/2006 by EXCITE (3 reviews written)

I have owned my Rover 620Ti for a little over a year and have enjoyed every moment. The only fault I have is a rattle from the manifold which is the gasket rattling a little.
I think this is the best car I have owned and I have owned a few (20 to be exact) BMW's, VW, Ford + many more and this car is far better.
I know of 8 people who own Cosworths and they are all pulling their hair out with faults time and time again.

BUY ONE. YOU'LL LOVE IT… Read Full Review

“I miss my Rover 620Ti a LOT. But I dont miss the expense. ”

Written on: 21/07/2005 by timbozo (3 reviews written)

I miss my Rover 620Ti a LOT. But I dont miss the expense.
Gearbox rebuild £400
New cylinder head due to warping from overheating, which will happen regularly if you dont keep an eye on the water and oil levels and dont stop immediately the temp guage goes above normal - over £1000, but thankfully covered by Warranty.
New Tyres and Brakes ALL ROUND required every 12 months.

Overall a hilariously quick car, without the stigma of having to drive a BMW. Just make sure you save your money for when… Read Full Review

“The Rover 620Ti is a very quick car which rewards...”

Written on: 06/12/2004 by Subo (1 review written)

The Rover 620Ti is a very quick car which rewards comittment, very little turbo lag and proper gear ratios (VW take note). Fit the best front tyres you can I'm using goodyear F1's - soft but emmense grip. Bye bye Gti's and 3 series… Read Full Review

Modz's Response to Subo's Review

Written on: 12/07/2005

Just a quick one, the engine is the 1994cc Rover T-Series not a Honda (1997cc) unit.

“Having driven a Rover 620Ti for 2 years between '97...”

Written on: 03/11/2004 by modz (1 review written)

Having driven a Rover 620Ti for 2 years between '97 and '99 I decided I was in the market for a performance saloon and this had to be it, the 620ti.

This car produces 197BHP as standard which is plenty to see off even the newest of BMW 328's and alike (same 0-60 as a new 330i Sport Tiptronic). It puts this power down through a 5-speed manual box, Limited Slip Differential and 205/50ZR16 tyres with traction control to keep everything in order. The suspension is sporty without being harsh, my… Read Full Review

Lotuspete's Response to modz's Review

Written on: 31/08/2007

I found this review helpful because...
<br/>I'm thinking of buying one, and any feedback from someone who has driven one of these is useful.

“Very quick car - people dont expect the Rover 620Ti to...”

Written on: 01/10/2004 by chief 620 (1 review written)

Very quick car - people dont expect the Rover 620Ti to be a turbo and dont expect young people to drive them. I have beaten many subarus since buying mine and a lot of my mates have gone out and got one. They were all suprised how quick and comfy they are to drive. The best bit about the car for me is the look on peoples faces when the car rips past and gives a nice swoosh from the twin piston dump valve. GET ONE!… Read Full Review

“I love my Rover 620ti, it only cost me £6,000 a whole...”

Written on: 18/10/2003 by big trucker33 (2 reviews written)

I love my Rover 620ti, it only cost me £6,000 a whole lot of fun to drive. It shocks a lot of people how powerful it is, including me when i first bought 1 year ago… Read Full Review

Daibill's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 09/01/2004

I'm sorry but the Rover 620ti puts out 197bhp std not 225 as above.
<br>The Gearboxes blow after around 80,000 miles and the heads gaskets are prone to blowing. If you can say they ride like a Jaguar then you've never been in one.
<br>I had a 620ti for 4 years and found its a good car but a sports car it ain't

285883_Kdturbo's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 17/04/2007

Same as mate, my car cuts out at 4500 rpm, would love to know the answer pretty annoying.

237963_Johnny G's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 09/04/2006

I've just bought a 620ti on a 1999 plate 100000 miles. Gearbox ok so far and the head gasket hasn't blown yet, and the thing goes like a rocket. But i was wondering, now Rover doesn't exist anymore, does anyone know about the availabillity of parts now that you can't go to a main dealer?

Paul Boucher's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 30/05/2005

Hi can anyone help ive got a rover 620ti drives great but if i put my foot down to overtake once the revs reach 4500 or more it's like the ingnition is being switched off it cuts out rev it when stationary no problem anyone had this problem Paul

171191_620 Turbo's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 20/09/2004

The late model ti has 'chocolate pistons' these pistons will require changing if running higher boost. I own an early ti on an M plate. These cars are great value for money and can be modified very cheaply if you know how. I run a reliable 15psi boost (adjustable) with piper cross filter platinum plugs, s/s exhaust and many other parts. The power output for the 620 ti is around 200bhp (197bhp was for the 200 coupe turbo)they will do a 0-60 in around 6.6 sec and if modified top speed is around 155mph - fast enough for a prison sentance!! front wheel drive hinders any extra power as wheel spin and torque steers are a problem. when modified these cars offer the best performance of any car under £3k. I have had a few problems with the engine but nothing that made me sell it, head gasket went within 2 months of ownership. A decent performance garage will replace it with a proper gasket (not cork or std rover stuff. I have been looking to change the car for something else but its so cheap to insure and run that I can't find anything else worth replacing it with.

Will0479's Response to big trucker33's Review

Written on: 05/02/2004

Well lets just say that although the Ti is a half decent motor, its flawed by idiotic design faults on rover's behalf, I have to agree with the comments made by daibill (1st Reviewer) that gearboxes do indeed wear out very quickly, especially when driven hard,(mine went at 65000), and also the extremely tricky problem of blown head gaskets, I am now on my second gasket, the first one i had changed lasted three weeks, I now have a klinger gasket fitted which still leaks but has done alright so far..(klinger gaskets are fitted to all turbo 620's as of 96+), earlier ones hade a dodgy rover cork one,,so basically if you are considering a Ti don't bother with anything older than a late P reg unless your ready to faff on fitting a klinger gasket...
<br>Really all in all they aint to reliable unless you buy a late model (Vreg is last) before all these little gremlins pop up,, Performance is good but handling can be bad happy under real hammer,, and suffers from wheel spin and torque steer on uneven roads,,but once again if you buy a late model you'll get traction control,which is a help.. and as for ride quality, well a nice vectra would'nt be far behind a 620ti inside,(i think they spent all the budget on the seats),there's a great amount of plastic inside and i'm fairly sure most of the dash and dash surround are out of a discovery, pricewise really, you should be able to pick up a T-V for about £3000-£3500 on a private sale, Don't pay £6000 thats far to much, even if it was the very last one off the production line...