Fihalhohi Island Resort Reviews

Media Gallery for Fihalhohi Island Resort

Fihalhohi Island Resort
Fihalhohi Island Resort

“BAD ROOM EXPERIENCE!”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by BTan18 (1 review written)

Room that I stayed in had termites! Had to sleep in their waste all night!… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 28/09/2010

I would recomend this holiday to everyone, fihalholi island was wonderfull, people, stuff, everythings was excelent. Me and my boyfriend went on 18th of august for 2 weeks with a firstchoice.

The flight was nice 10hours on a plane and 45 min with a speedboat. We get a entertainment on a plane and food as well light refreshments. I loved every min. of it.

When we get there we receive not very nice room, no aircondition at all,but if u pay extra like we did, u can get nice… Read Full Review

“Wonderful place ”

Written on: 19/04/2010

Wonderful place
lovely staff and really helpful… Read Full Review

“My husband & I travelled to Fiha for our 28th wedding...”

Written on: 09/01/2010

My husband & I travelled to Fiha for our 28th wedding anniversary - we were only 46 at the time, married young, worked v hard - previously went to Meeru for our 25th so we did compare!!!
The island and reef is fantastic - better than meeru we think - the food was average. We found most of the staff to be very good, but some of the bar staff seem to be out to make money out of the guests, so check your tabs very carefully. We were charged for a lot of drinks we didn't have, needless to say we… Read Full Review

“Fihalhoh Island Resort has adequate accomodation, food...”

Written on: 29/03/2009 by alan major (1 review written)

Fihalhoh Island Resort has adequate accomodation, food ok but not gourmet. Bars are pleasant and buffet restaurant ok. Generally had a great time but had to make own entertainment. Took a few movies with us films on my laptop. The reef is fantastic though, everything from manta rays & turtles to baby sharks & fabulous fish. House reef goes around much of the island and varies from a few feet to 30 metres, ideal for snorkeling, no need to dive. Beach is great and every room has its own sunbeds… Read Full Review

“I definitely recommend this place to anyone. If you...”

Written on: 21/07/2007 by caeciliuspp (1 review written)

I definitely recommend this place to anyone. If you want a true paradise for a reasonable price, take advantage and book up. You won't regret it… Read Full Review

Maldivediver's Response to 299666_caeciliuspp's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I agree with this review because...good honest review

“The flight with First Choice was excellent, no...”

Written on: 23/01/2007 by jackieh (1 review written)

The flight with First Choice was excellent, no problems from beginning to end. Excellent in flight entertainment. We had extra leg room seats which work out at only $3 an hour and it was so, so worth it. Transfers were excellent, although the speed boat ride at the end of a long flight was taxing.

Just to make you all aware, as it seems to be quite common practice. We were offered to go to another resort for 2 nights at the end of the holiday. We were told it was so that we could try out… Read Full Review

Maldivediver's Response to jackieh's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... it was honest about club faru - very helpful

“Fihalhohi island is very pretty, with a good barrier...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by coughlanp (1 review written)

Fihalhohi island is very pretty, with a good barrier reef and lots of tropical fish.

Unfortunately the atmosphere wasn't as good as we thought.
Everyone we spoke to seemed to have some complaint.

The non-motorised sport were not included in the package as stated on the First Choice website.
The comfort rooms weren't quite so comfortable, a lot of the rooms like ours had a lot of humidity coming through the walls.
The food was very repetitive and not fresh at all, so quite a few people had… Read Full Review

“My boyfriend and I travelled to the Fihalhohi Island...”

Written on: 19/07/2006 by maldivesmaniac (1 review written)

My boyfriend and I travelled to the Fihalhohi Island Resort in the Maldives with First Choice Airways. We appreciated the longer leg room they offer compared to other tour operators. My boyfriend is 6ft 3", and he travelled well considering the flight was 10 hours.

Upon arriving at Male airport you collect your baggage and find your rep., and then wait outside a cafe. They sell drinks here but they can be a little pricey. We asked for 2 waters and we were given 4 being told that we'll need… Read Full Review

Maldivediver's Response to maldivesmaniac's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I agree with this review because... lots of info and honest review

“Two adults and one child aged 8 travelled to Fihalhohi...”

Written on: 19/06/2006 by Inchy (1 review written)

Two adults and one child aged 8 travelled to Fihalhohi Island Resort in the Maldives for two weeks from 17th May until 31st May 2006.

We flew with First Choice which was excellent, and we would find it hard to fly with anyone else now. Once we got to the Male airport we were last off the plane and last to get our hotel details off our rep, which meant more time in an air conditioned airport rather than the heat outside, so only had 5 minutes to wait for our speed boat transfer. This only… Read Full Review

Maldivediver's Response to Inchy's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... inchy knows this island well - get back asap Inchy - cheers maldivediver

“We flew with First Choice Airlines from Manchester to...”

Written on: 29/04/2006 by hylands1 (3 reviews written)

We flew with First Choice Airlines from Manchester to Male, and the flight was brilliant. All the seats are leather and were big (2+3+2 across the aircraft), with a 33" seat pitch, so plenty of leg room. 7" TV screen on the back of the seat in front, 2 meals (1 being a pre-landing snack box). Though drinks were not free!

We quickly got through the airport when we landed as we were the only plane at that time, but had to wait about 20 minutes for the next flight before we all boarded our… Read Full Review

Ivan1890's Response to hylands1's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

This is what a review should look like! Very well done. You even included the cost of the holiday. What is the point of reviewing something without knowing its cost? More similar reviews please!

253702_Laurenco's Response to hylands1's Review

Written on: 02/08/2006

Brilliant review - again, adding the cost element was perfect. We went to Rangali and it sounds exactly the same! - but we were conned into flying with Monarch who were awful, cramped and had no TV's, so First Choice sound much better for the future.

Maldivesmaniac's Response to hylands1's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

Brilliant review! Thanks for all the info, it's much appreciated!

“We stayed at Fihalhohi from 08/03 - 22/03. This was...”

Written on: 29/03/2006 by jshelb2004 (2 reviews written)

We stayed at Fihalhohi from 08/03 - 22/03. This was our second visit to Fihalhohi. We booked and flew with First Choice. This was a much improved service from our flight in September 2005 with Monarch. Wider seats, bigger seat pitch, seat-back TV, infact exactly what they say on their website. We departed a few minutes late but made this time up enroute. Arrived at Male airport, queued to see our rep (only 15mins or so) and were soon on our way to Fihalhohi.
The transfer by boat took about 50… Read Full Review

“Just come back from our 2 weeks holiday I have been to...”

Written on: 17/11/2005 by patricia goodfellow (1 review written)

Just come back from our 2 weeks holiday I have been to some lovely places in my time but none that have taken my breath away like Fihalhohi Island Resort, the sea life was spectacular we swam and snorkellled with rays, sharks, turtles, mantas and eels every type of fish you can think of, we would recomend doing the night snorklling rent out a torch from the dive centre, this was unbelievable all the turtles were sleeping the sharks and eels were out hunting, the large grouper fish follow the… Read Full Review

Maldivediver's Response to 217476_patricia goodfellow's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I agree with this review because... good info and honest

“We have just come home from a two week stay at...”

Written on: 27/09/2005 by Jane Shelbourne (1 review written)

We have just come home from a two week stay at Fihalhohi from 11/09/05. The flight was awful. We booked extra legroom seats (costing £60 each) with Monarch, however as one of the seats was a window seat I was only able to extend my right leg due to there being a built in cupboard right where my left leg was. The flight going was slightly delayed as we missed our take off slot at Gatwick due to late passengers which was annoying as we had already been on the plane 2 hours as we came from… Read Full Review

Brucelee's Response to Jane Shelbourne's Review

Written on: 17/11/2005

Hiya
Did you go diving and if so did you have to get medical approvement before you went even if you were fit and healthy??

“My boyfriend and I went to Fihalhohi Island Resort in...”

Written on: 07/07/2005 by Hayley and Dave (5 reviews written)

My boyfriend and I went to Fihalhohi Island Resort in June/July 2005 for two weeks with First Choice holidays.

The Journey

We flew with Monarch Airlines .if you're going to Fiha, don't! The amount of problems this airline manifested was ridiculous, including delays, inhumane seating room and actually flying us to Manchester to drop all of 5 passengers off before flying to Gatwick, our chosen airport, without informing us. This was a nice little surprise. Unfortunately I think that this is… Read Full Review

“Fihalhohi ”

Written on: 05/10/2004 by Richard Boon (2 reviews written)

Fihalhohi

When me and my partner were considering going to the Maldives for our holiday we did our best to search out reviews of islands by people who had been in June and July as this was the time we had planned to go.
Obviously this is the wet-hot monsoon and therefore the weather is a bit of a gamble, and so we were desperate to find out if it was a waste of a lot of money to go at this time or not.
Unfortunately the only reviews we found based around these months talked a lot about the… Read Full Review

Marionshaun's Response to Richard Boon's Review

Written on: 30/01/2005

Hi Richard
<br>Just read your review on fihalhohi and found it very helpful. You didn't mention the price of drinks? I would be interested to know how exspensive they were...both alcoholic and soft drinks.
<br>Regards M Mckenna

Richard Boon's Response to Richard Boon's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

Sally:
<br>
<br>The shop doesn't sell alcohol, well didn't when we were there anyway, but you can buy bottles of any drink at the bars and take them away. There are no mini bars, not even in the water bungalows! In the water bungalows you have a fridge.

Sally Mason's Response to Richard Boon's Review

Written on: 06/06/2005

Hi,
<br>My husband and I went to Meeru Island in Nov 2004. It rained on and off nearly everyday but we still had a wonderful time. We have booked to go to Fiha next year and are really looking forward to it. Can't wait to get onto that house reef!! Can you buy alcohol in the shop or bar (beer or wine, not necessarily bottles of spirits) so that you can take it back to your room as I noticed there was no minibar in classic rooms?