Kwik Fit Reviews - www.kwik-fit.com

Kwik Fit - www.kwik-fit.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kwik Fit - www.kwik-fit.com

Kwik Fit - www.kwik-fit.com

“40% charge over an above tyre cost very very expensive”

Written on: 11/09/2014

I am so angry I could spit! My wife went to Kwik Fit today in Coatbridge and got two new tyres. That's fine. But, imagine my horror when the total cost of two tyres at £56 each = £112 came to a total of £186. less five pence! My view is they play on the lack of knowledge of certain motorists (they called me sexist when I complained but I wasn't being sexist I was merely emphasising a point) and load all these extra costs on. Very poor from Kwik Fit and I would urge everyone to avoid… Read Full Review

“Do not trust”

Written on: 09/09/2014 by Stacyl309 (1 review written)

We took our car to Bath rd, Slough Kwik Fit for for an MOT in July 2014. They told us our car failed on 2 tyres and the brakes, (which I was told had caught fire at some point and needed replacing, which was really scary to hear). On the advisory information they provided it said the car was dangerous. We were quoted over £550 to get the car back on the road. We were not happy to pay this amount so took our car to Mr Clutch in Slough to be MOT'd. It failed but on ONE tyre only (which had… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 30/08/2014 by 21Murdock (1 review written)

Coventry branch were very efficient helpful and courteous. Fitted 4 tyres following a puncture to one tyre and damage to another. Even came back to tell me that one tyre was in a good condition and did not have to be changed for a little while. I still wanted it changing so that all tyres had equal wear, but I appreciated being given the option. They stood by their 'no unnecessary work' promise by asking. Though the staff didn't know it until work was done, my partner works in the industry so… Read Full Review

“rip off”

Written on: 25/08/2014

I took my car to Kwik fit at low fell Gateshead for its MOT which it failed. I was informed of what needed to be done and as I was desperate to get my car back as I need it for my work I told them to proceed. However when finding a moment to think of what they were charging I phoned back and told them not to do the job which they said most things had been done even tho they said it wouldn't be ready for another few hours. I told them I knew they were ripping me off but as I was desperate to… Read Full Review

“South WImbledon rude to custom”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by 362Hunt (1 review written)

I went in for a simple tyre repair. The guy behind the desk (hesitate to say manager) had such a poor attitude that I decided to ask him to take my car off the jack and I was going somewhere else before he even got started. Despite use of the word "sir" with everyone he was short with me on my arrival, wanting to get me sat down and out of his way in just 2 seconds. While I waited he was sarcastic to an old guy who had just parked his car and also to another customer- 3 out of 3! After these… Read Full Review

“Puncture Repair”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by SavanahDaley (1 review written)

£24.50 for a puncture repair,even charged £1.50 for the air, rip off… Read Full Review

“got me out of a hole”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by vtwindr (1 review written)

On holiday in Surrey. Car developed brake squeel. I took the wheels off and discovered very worn pads and discs. Was due a service next month but I thought it would last. Unusual car so parts not in stock most places but Kwik fit Redhill managed to get them in and fitted in 4 he's start to finish on a Saturday… Read Full Review

“Shocked!!!!”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by 1987Dunn (1 review written)

Anyone reading this, NEVER GO NEAR KWIK FIT!!!! I took my car for a service to the KWIK FIT on the Lisburn road in Belfast, it had an oil leak, they couldn't find the source of the leak but charged me over £600!!!! It's a ford fiesta a few years old which is prob only worth £1000. We are a hardworking family with 2 young children who can't afford this, I was totally shocked after paying this and cried to my neighbour who recommended a local mechanic - he found the oil leak was from the… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/08/2014

You would have had to agree to the quotation before any work was carried out, if that was there findings then im sure it needed to be done, dont cry just say no thank you next time

Written on: 19/08/2014

Better still, as the OP states, just avoid Kwikfit altogether. The level of competence displayed was far, far below a suitable standard. and by the reviews posted on here appears to be endemic among the KF organisation.

“Wheel balance”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Angelw1993 (1 review written)

Went to Castleford branch on a Sunday morning - only wanted two front wheels balancing - next thing I know the cars up on a lift and the guys doing a full inspection - explained what I wanted but was told he had to do a safety check ( I'd just had the car serviced by an AA mechanic )- told him to take it down and I'd go elsewhere -… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/08/2014

If you went for a wheel balance and drove out andgot pulled over for bald tyres or drove into a wall because ur brakes needed replacing, u would blame kwikfit for not checking.

Written on: 18/08/2014

There's more chance of the brakes failing if Kwikfit did meddle with them

“OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR ! - They rip you off for wheel...”

Written on: 29/07/2014

OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR ! - They rip you off for wheel alignment that isn't necessary !! The wife's polo needed a pair of front tyres. It's an old 9N diesel , they're front heavy and it had been running under inflated. So i booked her in for a pair of Goodyears using Kwik Fit online. They're only around the corner, and inc fitting & balance they were competitively priced. I pre-paid online , so all she had to do was turn up. I came back from work "Get your tyres babe ?" - "Yep , but they said it… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

I can't see why anyone still uses these people - they were like it 30 years ago and then they didn't have the MOT money generator licence.
I have avoided them all my life - the best thing to do is find yourself a local independent tyre shop or garage. There are plenty of very good ones about who have good reputations that they care very much about and don't want to lose - Kwikfit haven't, so they've got nothing to lose!

Written on: 09/08/2014

Its always best to get ur car tracked after fitting tyres to ensure the wear even and to save the life of the tyre, stop moaning!

Written on: 20/08/2014

Even if the tyres had worn evenly showing that there was no evidence whatsoever of misalignment?
Better for these rip-off merchants, yes, but not for the customer!

Arex's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2014

same here my wife went for wheel balance after new budget tyres fitted she lost weights on one wheel came back with two newone at the back just after two week-old mot and shocking alignment really? Steering wheel was out ever since I was furies don't go there
arek

“STILL AT IT !!!”

Written on: 28/07/2014 by iainw61 (1 review written)

Have not been back to Kwik Fit for @ 5 years and neither have any of my family, why ? My car went in for MOT. Cost of repairs advised £650. Knew this was OTT and local garage repaired for £170. Kwik Fit issued MOT. Unknown to me my daughter in law booked a service (cheapest in town) last week. She got phone call advising car needed £500 spent for MOT next month, she declined and took it to my local garage. Spend required for MOT £85. In both cases required work was a fraction of the quote… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/08/2014

But you get no warranty also how do u know urlocal garage are qualified as kwikfir are

Iainw61's reply to Bradc1984's Comment

Bradc
Local garage is also an MOT garage with a reputation and licence to keep, never had a problem in 20 years. The only reason for going to KF in the first place was free MOT offer given when insuring with them. Point is some of the work they advised did not need done for MOT or at all, as well as them being more expensive for the work that was actually needed. Parts needed alone were double the price for same parts supplied, I understand, by the same motor factors. Surely we all know some garages will try to fleece the unwary customer and my experience is that KF tried it on twice and anecdotally others have advised the same, hence the post.

Partac's reply to Iainw61's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2014

The free MOT is just a catch to get you into their hands, so that they can find a list of money generating work to fleece you with.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 28/07/2014 by Burnham72 (1 review written)

Over a week ago my husband ordered a tyre from the St.Helens branch. Rang yesterday to be told, yes, it's in stock, yes, you can come in tomorrow to have it fitted. When we got there today, guess what? No record of it, so they tried to get us to buy one that cost twice as much! We went somewhere else instead. At least now we won't have to put up with the annoying phone calls about insurance… Read Full Review

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by jack2905 (1 review written)

I had a puncture in brand new car on the rear nearside tyre, went to kwik fit to have it repaired. They repaired the tyre properly but when I looked at the wheel after they refitted the repaired tyre I found that he had scratched and scored the alloy wheel. Before this I saw the manager and person that repaired the wheel take the wheel out back then return 5 minutes later. I confronted the manager about the damaged wheel and he offered me the repair on the house, or go down the road and get a… Read Full Review

“Don't have your air-con re-charged!”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by Jennaa100 (1 review written)

I paid for the air-con recharged when I had my service and MOT done at the same time. That was in March 2014. I turned the air-con on initially after the re-charge and it appeared to work. But of course, I did not use the air-con in March or subsequent months at all when the weather was not good (would anyone?). Recently, in July, when it became hot, I turned on the air-con and no cold air came out. So I checked the 'air-con warranty' and it said that the warranty lasts for 12 months. I had… Read Full Review

“KWIK FIT - DON'T RISK IT”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by Jerry156 (1 review written)

There must be good Kwik Fit Garages out there and I do not want to slander those garages. But the service I received in 2 Glasgow branches (Pollokshield and Great Western Road) was awful and untrustworthy. I went for new rear brakes and was advised the front brakes and front tyres also needed replacing. I agreed and paid out £700, I knew I needed work done, in front of a MOT. I had to return to the Pollokshields branch where the work was done, on four occasions. The first time was poor… Read Full Review

“SLOW! SLOW! SLOW!”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by TaniyaBarr (1 review written)

I waited 1 hour and 50 minutes to have 2 tyres changed. When i got in my car the steering wheel was filthy and the door handle was too. Snails move faster than these people. I have a company vehicle on lease, if i can use anybody else in future i will. Every time i use them they are slow. They have a bit of an attitude towards customers in that they are busy so you will have to wait..... tough! They don't say that but, when other people were coming in that's how it came across to me. i will not… Read Full Review

Dacd's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

I totally agree with your comments but my experience was in a different branch in Scotland. I thought I had a puncture and went in for a new tyre, I got the same attitude park it up in the bay and you will be seen to in half an hour approx. even though there were several workers walking about. Will never go back to them and will always warn everyone else what to expect.

“Why not do a good job in the first place”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Parker345 (1 review written)

A month ago I went to Kwik Fit in Ashford to have an exhaust fitted prior to my MOT which I also had done there. This week I noticed a noise in my car and thought that it was due to a load that I was carrying but this morning when I started the car the noise persisted even though I wasn't carrying anything in the car. The noise turned out to be my exhaust hanging off. I took the car back to Kwik Fit but had to wait for 2 hours in the waiting room while they found a new bracket to reattach the… Read Full Review

“Very understanding and helpful”

Written on: 29/06/2014

I went to the Kwik fit in Maidstone today as I managed to hit a curb and tear a bit of the side wall of the tyre into a flap. Instead of trying to fob me off with new tyres like I was expecting he was very honest and repaired it for free! Would definitely go back again if I had any problems :)… Read Full Review

“Really poor”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by KamariCollier (1 review written)

Really poor service throughout at Hounslow branch. Took for MOT. They were unable to adjust headlights that took another garage five minutes to do. Kwikfit made recommendations for work that didn't need to be done when reassessed by a reputable garage. If you ask them to do a service and MOT, they will do the MOT and if it fails continue to do the "service", which may not address the underlying issues. The man behind the counter then informed me the service had revealed issues that led to the… Read Full Review

“Horrible kwik fit in kingston!”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by coMcGinnis368 (1 review written)

STAY AWAY! Its the first time I'm writing a review and that's out of disappointment! Went there for my air conditioning recharge. On the first day they told me to come back after an hour and after I came back they told me they didn't know how much to refill. They had my number, they could have told me straight away to collect my car! Anyways, they then told me that they will alert an expert and will call me asap. However I never received a call. After 4 days I called to ask whether they did… Read Full Review