Grundig Opus Reviews

• Sound Quality

Grundig Opus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Grundig Opus

Grundig Opus

“I am very disappointed with the reception of Grundig...”

Written on: 24/11/2009

I am very disappointed with the reception of Grundig Opus digital radio;
there is no facility to attach an aerial line in.
Unless you have excellent digital signal in your area, I suggest you check it will receive, or ask the shop if they will refund if it won't before you buy.
It really struggles to find a signal in my area, when other cheap, portable digital radios do perfectly well. I wonder if my unit is faulty it is so bad (but I do not think this is the case); I have not had the… Read Full Review

Grundig Opus

“after having my Grundig Opus radio for about two years...”

Written on: 28/08/2009

after having my Grundig Opus radio for about two years the LCD display began to work intermittently for a day or so after which it stopped working altogether. I can now just use presets, otherwise I don't know which station is on. Aug 2009. Happy with everything else but would not by this make again… Read Full Review

Grundig Opus

“For the price it is excellent, looks ok, sound quality...”

Written on: 03/01/2005 by ridgewalkuk (3 reviews written)

For the price it is excellent, looks ok, sound quality is good (and it's stereo unlike other cheap models), great reception and it is easy to use. Scrolling text is bright and clear, what more could you ask for at a cheap price?… Read Full Review

Grundig Opus

“About the size of a large house brick, the Grundig...”

Written on: 24/09/2004 by the thespian (3 reviews written)

About the size of a large house brick, the Grundig Opus Opus has two speakers, and automatic tuning via a set of buttons on the front. There is a 2-line scrolling LCD display which tells you which channel you're tuned to.
After about 6 months, the LCD on my set stopped working, which made it difficult to know which programme you were listening to. Took it back to the shop and they swapped it for a new one.
Sound quality is reasonable, but with occasional distortion - not sure why, as the radio… Read Full Review

The Thespian's Response to the thespian's Review

Written on: 08/03/2005

Since my last review, the replacement unit's LCD also failed - I swapped it for a Pure and have had no problems since.
<br>I would definitely downgrade my previous rating to a 'not buy'
<br>The thespian

Brigaf's Response to the thespian's Review

Written on: 14/06/2006

the lcd on mine stopped working two weeks before the guarantee ran out.