Zanussi FL1012 Reviews

Zanussi FL1012
Zanussi FL1012

“Best machine ever!”

Written on: 06/03/2013

Fantastic washing machine.....you cannot fault a machine that has lasted (so far) and was purchased in 1986. It's still giving good service after 27 years....yes TWENTY SEVEN YEARS!!! (Have the receipt somewhere). It's hot AND cold fill, which aren't made anymore these days. A full 95 degree wash cycle takes about an hour. Don't know what it's going to be like if and when my faithful machine packs in one day, as new machines take over TWO… Read Full Review

“bought this washing machine zanussi fl 1012 in may...”

Written on: 22/09/2009

bought this washing machine zanussi fl 1012 in may 1985 still going strong only had to have 2 sets of brushes fitted thats all just an amazing machine and still never misses a beat cleans clothes the same as when i first bought it touch wood still has a few years left in her i will have a funeral for it when it goes dated 22 september 2009… Read Full Review

“I had this Zanussi FL1012 for nearly twenty years and...”

Written on: 26/06/2008 by Flutterbies (1 review written)

I had this Zanussi FL1012 for nearly twenty years and only ever had two problems with it. A programmer which failed after approximately eleven years was replaced and the hot water hose had to be replaced when it perished after years of service!!
It has become noisy as it spins but it gets such a lot of the water out and washes things so clean. The controls are fairly intuitive and the flexibility of the programmes was much appreciated by me.
Only replacing machine because of moving home and… Read Full Review

“Amazing reliability over 20 years. Two small children...”

Written on: 20/06/2008

Amazing reliability over 20 years. Two small children growing up over that time mean we have used it at least once a day (that's about 7500 washes!)… Read Full Review

“I still have my receipt dated 29/11/89 for the Zanussi...”

Written on: 11/09/2006 by spongemum (1 review written)

I still have my receipt dated 29/11/89 for the Zanussi FL1012 washing machine, which we bought when my son was 5 months old! He is now 17 and the eldest of 3.

It is on its way out now, and I am finding it very hard to choose another machine. We had a Zanussi dishwasher that was poor and didn't last long.
When we take it to the tip I will feel I am losing an old friend!!!… Read Full Review

“The Zanussi FL1012 washing machine was already built...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by tracej (2 reviews written)

The Zanussi FL1012 washing machine was already built in when we bought our house. This machine was bought in 1985 (20yrs ago), and has only just packed in (2005). I doubt we'll find one this good ever again… Read Full Review

“I bought my Zanussi FL1012 in 1987 and I am really...”

Written on: 21/09/2004 by bilowe (1 review written)

I bought my Zanussi FL1012 in 1987 and I am really embarassed with its reliability - It is so good!!
It has no rust, and the only parts needing replaced were the motor brushes 5-6 years ago. Alas, I think a drum mount bushing is beginning to fail and the programme dial is beginning to stick at certain washes. But that's not bad for 17years and 4 young children to wash for!!

What do I replace it with??… Read Full Review

Johnellis's Response to bilowe's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

I'm looking to replace my washing machine - only because we've bought a new kitchen.I read the comments on this machine and looked at ours, turns out its a Zanussi FL1012 and we've had ours for 19 years without any problems.I was tempted to buy a Hotpoint but after reading some of the reports on your site it's back to the Zanussi shop for me.