HFS Loans Ltd Reviews

HFS Loans Ltd - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HFS Loans Ltd

HFS Loans Ltd
HFS Loans Ltd

“Applied for a loan from picture loans in july 06. I...”

Written on: 27/08/2009

Applied for a loan from picture loans in july 06. I was waiting for a cheque to arrive for over £3.000.00 .I thought not claiming for ill health payments. I had a long wait as hsf loans who the insurance is from do not pay out if you go into arrears over 2 months. Read the small print as there is always a catch with these goody goody companies… Read Full Review

“I took out a 5 year loan with them on the basis of the...”

Written on: 20/12/2006 by drussell (4 reviews written)

I took out a 5 year loan with them on the basis of the Interest Back Bonus Scheme in December 2001. I assumed that with such a system there would be many 'banana skins' along the way, which may have prevented payout. On this basis I carefully read the HFS Loans conditions over and over again, using a highlight pen to pick out the potential 'banana skins'. Having digested the conditions. I duly followed the instructions, registered and received the required certificate. This, and other paperwork… Read Full Review

Slinkywizard's Response to drussell's Review

Written on: 24/04/2007

HFS Loans do honour most complaints. If you push you should be OK.

Chessman's Response to drussell's Review

Written on: 26/06/2007

At the time I took out the loan with HFS I didn't expect there may be some pitfalls that I should be aware of and that if I was not careful they would invalidate my claim to the interest at the end of the term.
<br/>Chessman.

Drussell's Response to drussell's Review

Written on: 27/04/2007

I have no complaints with HFS Loans, as I was satisfied with all aspects of their scheme. I felt the need to post a positive review for the interest back loan scheme to redress the balance against the number of negative reviews.

☆☆☆☆☆

“At the time I took the loan out with HFS (now Capital...”

Written on: 12/09/2006 by chessman (1 review written)

At the time I took the loan out with HFS (now Capital One) home owner loans, they were offering customers all the interest paid back at the end of the term of the loan, subject to conditions being kept by the borrower.

At the time I was made aware that no more than 2 repayments must not be late and that you had to claim the interest back within 21 days of the loan ending. My loan ended in September 2006. I rang Capital One to enquire regarding claiming my interest back on the loan. They asked… Read Full Review

“HFS Loans said they sent their Interest Back...”

Written on: 23/02/2006 by Yelrab (1 review written)

HFS Loans said they sent their Interest Back registration by recorded delivery, and it should have been guaranteed delivery… Read Full Review

“HFS cash back loan: ”

Written on: 30/10/2005 by HFSarecrooks (1 review written)

HFS cash back loan:

This is very misleading. I received a letter from HFS congratulating me on completing the loan. If it's completed, I assume no further action needs to take place? If further action is required i.e fill out the registration document, they don't mention it in the letter !!. However I did receive a registration form (only pointed out to me last week)… Read Full Review

Balgowan's Response to HFSarecrooks's Review

Written on: 13/03/2006

I returned the 'registration form' to HFS (having discovered it carefully stapled between 2 pieces of customer feedback information) but unfortunately lost the recorded delivery receipt. So far I have had no luck in claiming the interest back as HFS state they never received the form.
<br>
<br>Has anyone managed to obtain the interest back?

Kpage's Response to HFSarecrooks's Review

Written on: 09/10/2006

My family and I have had the same problem with HFS Loans. We were banking on the cash back to solve a cash flow problem, but this is a massive let down. Companies like this must know how much stress this causes families, but they don't seem to care. Perhaps none of them have any family values.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I too have been caught out by the small print used in...”

Written on: 25/10/2005 by Alan Manser (1 review written)

I too have been caught out by the small print used in this HFS Loans Ltd scheme. I missed the bit about a registration form in amongst the 12 pages of A4 small print and especially the bit that put the onus on the borrower to notify HFS if the registration form wasn't received. This was amongst the 21 points that HFS had to delete or amend after The Office of Fair Trading had finished with them (see OFT bulletins 21 and 22, unfair terms and conditions).

Not surprisingly then they soon ceased… Read Full Review

“HFS are now part of Capital One and are a BROKER not a...”

Written on: 14/09/2005 by cblacoe (1 review written)

HFS are now part of Capital One and are a BROKER not a lender......... They do not charge up-front-fees. Any fees are added to the loan… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“HFS Loans Ltd - HFS Interest Back loan promotion. ”

Written on: 03/11/2004 by mrs angela page (1 review written)

HFS Loans Ltd - HFS Interest Back loan promotion.
Have you got one?
Have you been able to claim your money back?
How many people have been unable to claim back?… Read Full Review

Hfsarecrooks's Response to mrs angela page's Review

Written on: 29/10/2005

Hi Angela, exactly the same has happened to me.
<br>I never knew I had to complete a registration form until my 5 years were nearly up, and I wanted to claim back my interest.
<br>This is very misleading, I received a letter from HFS congratulating me on completing the loan. If it's completed, I assume no further action needs to take place? If further action is required i.e to fill out the registration document.
<br>This letter (like yours) had stapled to it some small A5 forms, that at first glance all look identical (surprise surprise). One of them is the registration form, but my letter does NOT instruct me that I have to do anything else. The form is stapled to a refer a friend document and just looks like it's part of this and NOT FOR MY ATTENTION.
<br>You'll also notice that the registration form is not even headed up properly to tell you what it is, you have to read the small print. I think that such an important document like this should at least have a bold heading like "REGISTRATION DOCUMENT", and I feel this has been done deliberately.
<br>I suspect that even if I did return this form, they would just deny ever receiving it.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I saw a question on this site for HFS Loans Ltd...”

Written on: 15/09/2004 by anantghelani2 (2 reviews written)

I saw a question on this site for HFS Loans Ltd Interest Back Offer from the site-registered member. As I am having difficulty claiming my Interest back from HFS and as they can not find my registration, I wonder if others are having similar difficulties with HFS offer. They are asking me now to prove that I had registered by producing a proof of posting or registered post proof. It appears that their registration site has been relocated several times and have lost the registration form. As… Read Full Review

Mrs Angela Page's Response to anantghelani2's Review

Written on: 03/11/2004

I just added a review myself as I am having the same difficulty, perhaps people need to talk to each other to make some plan of action.

Mrs Angela Page's Response to anantghelani2's Review

Written on: 10/11/2004

If you wish to contact me at :angie@page.nildram.co.uk
<br>On Thursday I have an appt with Citizens Advice I will let you know what they say

Anantghelani2's Response to anantghelani2's Review

Written on: 06/11/2004

I have suggested this before as many people are having difficulty with HFS on this matter. I am awaiting opinion from my solicitors. Once I hear from my lawyers, we all should establish a more publicised contact system, with Office of Fair Trading involvement.