Ruger 10-22 Reviews

Media Gallery for Ruger 10-22

Ruger 10-22
Ruger 10-22

“A Fun Little Shooter”

Written on: 26/08/2011 by TXjones (1 review written)

Firstly I would like to say that i do not actually own a ruger 10/22 but I have been shooting the clubs 10/22 for a few weekes now and feel i know it quite well. The 10/22 I was shooting was the carbine version which is a bit smaller than the usall type.The first thing I will cover is the looks of the rifle the carbine has a nice light colured wood stock which is plain but looks quite nice and has a butt plate which is plastic but fits nicley into the shoulder the cheek rest seems to be quite… Read Full Review

“i just bought a ruger 10/22 yesterday and i love it...”

Written on: 13/07/2010

i just bought a ruger 10/22 yesterday and i love it its my best 22lr its light and accuate i have some videos on youtube were i do impossible shots if you want to go look at the. my user name is snowsniper8… Read Full Review

“I own the stainless with a stainless simmons scope....”

Written on: 30/05/2008 by mptubbs (4 reviews written)

I own the stainless with a stainless simmons scope. It's bone stock and I will not up-grade this gun. Bought it for plinking and does the job well. Never had a problem with the gun ever! If I were in the market to buy my first .22 I would buy this sweet little .22 again… Read Full Review

“Great accuracy for the cost with the 1022 T. UPGRADES...”

Written on: 15/05/2008

Great accuracy for the cost with the 1022 T. UPGRADES wiah VOLTQUARTSEN parts make a huge difference. Its worth the additional cost to customize if you can (especially the trigger HP combo package which includes the bolt and extended magazine release etc..)… Read Full Review

“if you dont like the trigger pull- upgrade ”

Written on: 14/03/2008 by chainmailjohnny (16 reviews written)

if you dont like the trigger pull- upgrade
if you don't like the barrel- upgrade
anything you don't like you can customize off the shelf
i have made mine into exactly what i want
you can even change the caliber to .17 mach
get one and make it a bullpup or an mg32 or what ever, you will always love this gun. the stock set up is not bad and they run what $150 brand new… Read Full Review

Ajvenom's Response to chainmailjohnny's Review

Written on: 21/09/2008

I have the basic RB model. Only thing I've done is add sling studs, drop the trigger pull to about 2.5LBS with ten dollar spring kit and bought some higher capacity magazines.
<br/>
<br/>Dead on accurate and quiet with CCI CB Longs (30 grain 710 fps 34 ftlbs) and no silencer needed. Great for small game and targets.
<br/>
<br/>I do use a weaver mounted Leapers 3-9x32AO scope. It's dead on upto 50 yards and manageable upto about 80 yards.

“Nice looking in lamanite stock, the Ruger 10-22 is a...”

Written on: 13/03/2008

Nice looking in lamanite stock, the Ruger 10-22 is a very accurate shooter and really powerful. Its a great air rifle. The target model is a little front heavy but thats ok… Read Full Review

Joshwhite46's Comment

Written on: 22/04/2011

Its not an air rifle though, is calibre is .22lr

“I bought a new basic 10/22 about three years ago. I...”

Written on: 24/12/2007 by Bluto (5 reviews written)

I bought a new basic 10/22 about three years ago. I soon realised that it wasn't up to scratch for serious vermin control, and set about improving it.

Fortunatetly this is cheap and easy. And this is the rifles strength.

I changed the trigger components, the stock, and the barrel. It is now as fine a semi auto hunter as you will need.

In its basic form, straight from the box, it's a useful and fun rifle. Buyers need to bare in mind that they will need to spend about another two or three… Read Full Review

“It works well using Break Free CLP. Hardly have to...”

Written on: 05/12/2007

It works well using Break Free CLP. Hardly have to clean it at all unless the ammo is dirty. Light and easy to carry. Little maintenance required. Outstanding Ruger quality… Read Full Review

“I really like mine. Added a heavy barrel on one and...”

Written on: 24/08/2007 by 65dogs (5 reviews written)

I really like mine. Added a heavy barrel on one and converter one to a .17 Mach-2. They both shoot very well now, about 1" for the .17 and maybe 1.5 for the .22 however I have very cheap scopes on them. In fact the cross hairs are 1" at 100 yards (Hey had to save some $$ and they are only for cans, targets and vermin so the cheap scope worked for me).

The kids love them with the 25 round clips which are a blessing and a curse. It seems children will quickly just pull the trigger if you… Read Full Review

“Nice rifle for beginners. I would definitely recommend...”

Written on: 03/03/2007 by rzebrak (24 reviews written)

Nice rifle for beginners. I would definitely recommend for friend or friend's children.
Very good to practice target shooting.
Only one problem is that scope mounting comes completely unreliable and needs some improvement… Read Full Review

“Got mine in a trade a long while back. Had a peep...”

Written on: 28/12/2006 by rugerman (25 reviews written)

Got mine in a trade a long while back. Had a peep sight put on and went squirrel hunting. Many, many times. The gun handled so well for me I could even hit running rabbits. If you do that you have to pick your shots though. It's not a good idea shooting into the frozen ground just anywhere.
The stock on mine is beat up and lots of the blueing is worn off but it is still the terror of the woods to a squirrel… Read Full Review

“I own 2 Ruger 10-22's, however, with all the...”

Written on: 16/12/2005 by rob3dr (18 reviews written)

I own 2 Ruger 10-22's, however, with all the accessories that can be bought for this fine rifle, one could literally have 100's of different combinations based off the same 10-22 frame with minimal effort and time.

Out of the box, the Ruger 10-22 is a handsome rifle, albeit nothing fancy. My newer model included a scope base that had both weaver and 3/8 dovetail grooves on it. It sports a 10 shot rotary magazine that feeds any ammunition I put through it flawlessly. In its stock version, the… Read Full Review

Gyates93's Response to rob3dr's Review

Written on: 27/10/2006

I have to agree with you on that one. The Ruger 10-22 is VERY customizable.

“I love the Ruger 10/22. I purchased a stainless steal...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by Dave8867 (2 reviews written)

I love the Ruger 10/22. I purchased a stainless steal anniversary addition. It's extremely accurate up to 50 yards. It looks sharp with a stainless scope on it. The only complaints I have with it is the poor design for the scope mounts and the jamming of the factory magazine. After firing about 300 rounds through the rifle, the factory weaver mount became loose and eventually stripped the screws. Within the first 20 rounds the factory rotary magazine jammed. Besides that I love the rifle… Read Full Review

“The Ruger 10/22 has been out from 1964 to now. Its one...”

Written on: 10/02/2004 by bronsongun (3 reviews written)

The Ruger 10/22 has been out from 1964 to now. Its one of the popular 22 semi-automatic rifles in the world. I have a RUGER 10/22 22LR. Custom made mine have a 20inch bull barrel,thumhole laminated stock with a burris 3-9x32mm scope and three clear magazine with ten rounds each. I love my ruger 10/22 its very accurate and I could hit 110yards like nothing. If you're shooting long distances targets or hunting larger game such as fox or cayote you should used the cci stinger 22LR hollow point… Read Full Review

Stevebly's Response to bronsongun's Review

Written on: 31/03/2004

I agree that the 10/22 is the best semi-auto rimfire rifle out there. They can fill any need you have, from plinking to bench-rest. There's a ton of accessories as well. If you get one, prepare to get addicted!
<br> If you want to know more about the 10/22 than what these reviews give you, go to www.rimfirecentral.com
<br> It's a GREAT site for anything you need to know. Plus it isn't just for the 10/22 either.

Chainmailjohnny's Response to bronsongun's Review

Written on: 14/03/2008

I found this review helpful because... didnt know that about the cci stingers, good tip. mine hasn't killed anything but the black spot on the paper for years, but i aint agin' sum killin'.
<br/>happy shootin

Julian Bruford's Response to bronsongun's Review

Written on: 19/10/2005

I have a Ruger 10 T which has a S/S barrel fitted with sound moderator, 4 X 36 telescopic scope and Deben Tracer 12 volt lamp/red filter.
<br>With this rifle and CCI hollow point sub sonic
<br>ammunition loaded in a 25 round magazine
<br>allows me to take as many rabbits as I can carry in a very short time. Acurate is the word I would use for this combination once I have my zero set at 60 yds I rarely miss the target.
<br>
<br>Like all rifles, this little beauty serves me well provided I keep every thing clean on a regular basis. I will never trade this rifle and it is still reliable and like new after 22 years of regular use.

“I love my 10/22, I use it for competition. I have a...”

Written on: 08/01/2004 by regw (1 review written)

I love my 10/22, I use it for competition. I have a fiberforce stoch by ATI and an adjustable bipod and a 50 rd. drum magazine and have had no problems… Read Full Review

Evilnecro's Response to regw's Review

Written on: 13/07/2004

Where did you get the 50 round drum?

“ruger 10/22 is a great .22 rimfire gun, I use mine for...”

Written on: 16/12/2003 by bobbyking1234hunter (1 review written)

ruger 10/22 is a great .22 rimfire gun, I use mine for pest control and have it fitted with a silencer and illuminated 3-9x40 scope. I also upgraded from a wood stock to a advanced technology gun stock (fibreforce) and have a butler creek 25 round magazine. the gun is awesome, so much better than my old bolt action .22 , I prefer to use high velocity hollow point rounds in it so having a silencer only gets rid of a bit of the muzzle blast but I normally take it off for day use but will have it… Read Full Review

Shorty22's Response to bobbyking1234hunter's Review

Written on: 10/03/2004

where can I get a silencer for a 22.

Deadeyedick's Response to bobbyking1234hunter's Review

Written on: 26/12/2006

By the way, Sub/Standard would mean poorly made rounds. I think you're referring to Sub Sonic rounds, which would be a lot quieter in conjunction to your silencer for "quiet Destruction".

257446_Bastiani's Response to bobbyking1234hunter's Review

Written on: 30/08/2006

Rimfire cartridges DO have a primer. The primer is simply located in the rim of the cartridge. When the rim is crushed, the primer ignites the powder charge. I can&#039;t believe that someone would try to "inform" others with misinformation.

Harry9999's Response to bobbyking1234hunter's Review

Written on: 01/07/2004

Check out www.airgunbbs.com in the rimfire section, have a look through as I'm sure its posted there. But basicaly, a centre fire bullet has a primer in the middle of the cartridge at the back so that when the gun's hammer hits it, it detonates, setting off the main charge. A rimfire rifle has a charge layered around the base and sides of the round and no primer. Centre fire are used in millitary rifles and high power hunting rifles, etc., and can produce massive amounts of power, up to around 14000ftlb at the highest I've seen, whereas a rimfire will make a few hundred and an air rifle, not needing a license, will produce 12lbft. Considering these air rifles will kill a rabbit out to 50m with a headshot, you can see how powerful centre fire rifles are and are normally used for big game hunting from deer to boar to lions, etc., and used in target shooting to ranges up to 1200m.
<br>Hope that helps, email me for any more info ja.m@virgin.net

Platinum Matt's Response to bobbyking1234hunter's Review

Written on: 10/04/2004

May I ask what actualy is a rimfire or a centrefire rifle?

“I love the Ruger 10-22 gun. I can shoot very tight...”

Written on: 05/10/2003 by hunter9 (8 reviews written)

I love the Ruger 10-22 gun. I can shoot very tight groups with it at any range just about. i have it sighted in for anywhere from 50 feet to 110 yards… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 08/10/2003

hunter9...I am very intrigued with that you have sighted your gun up to 110 yards and you can shoot tight groups. Are you saying that you can get a tight group at say... 50 yards?
<br>As a handgun enthusist (CO2 variety Smith&Wesson) I 'd really like you to return with a few details, as the name Ruger 10-22 is just that - a name. You will note that I'm a Brit and such guns as you own are but a dream.
<br>
<br>If you could indulge an old Brit........

Peem's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 29/09/2008

I have had my 10-22 for two years now but i was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the maximum distance that the 10-22 would be accurate using a 40grain subsonic winchester hollowpoint, ihave used many kinds of ammo and the gun does not seem to work well with remington subsonic hollowpoints because the bullet seems to prefire and this causes a loud crack at the breach block when rifle is fitted with my suppressor but the gun works perfect with most other ammo including high velocity rounds,obviousily my gun jams now and again like any other gun but is very easy to maintane even with regular use just clean the residue from the mag and the breach and the gun is ready to use again .

Harry9999's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 01/07/2004

Berite, I'd agree with speaking to BASC and getting some help. Just remember the basic keys to getting the fac-stronger gun cabinet than you need, show you've taken into consideration the direction you're shooting on your land as a 22rf round will travel up to a mile if shot at an angle and they do ricochet unlike air rifle pellets; and if you haven;t had any experience with live firearms, go down to a club regularly where you can hire them out. I don't know if this helps or not, but I live in the centre of Milton Keynes, so I have to travel a fair way to shoot, but I have just been awarded a .22wm rifle and I'm 17! This mainly due to help from BASC and information I learnt off of www.airgunbbs.com in the rimfire section and it's all useful. I too used to shoot with an air rifle before rimfire and at first it can be frustrating the amount of shots you have to ignore, i.e., no shooting upward into trees for squirells or birds due to the rifle's extra power, but there's nothing like the feeling of taking a headshot at 100yds. 1 thing the police did do for me was to give me the certificate, but I could only shoot with an experienced firearms shooter whom they had to know and he wrote reports on my progress towards saftey etc., very patronising, I know, but it's worth it.

Written on: 31/12/2003

I had a great Christmas, and I hope you and yours did also, if you are having problems with getting a ticket take it to the BASC they are really helpful in these matters, failing that get a gun in either .177 or .20, these are the best calibres for legal limit guns, Ive heard the .20 is outstanding at 12ftlbs. My .22 gun runs between 17-18ftlbs so it gives me around 850fps the same as a legal limit gun in .177, as you say it is very handy.
<br>I hope this finds you as it leaves me, in good health, have a prosperous new year my friend.

Bertie's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 26/12/2003

thumper....how I've come to miss your two postings I can't imagine and I really must apologise for this belated acknowledgement. The only excuse I can offer is that I have many correspondents who seem to regard me as a kind of Agony Aunt.
<br>
<br>No way could I get a FAC for such weapons. I've really tried and I have permission to shoot over over tracts of Welsh countryside totalling thousands of acres and I've been refused a FAC for an air rifle. Mention your gun/s and you'll receive a look as though you'd said something obscene. They're very tight here now on these things. I do manage though with the legal limit of 12 ft.lbs. and I must be grateful for that as so many other countries have even lower limits. It's just that a higher power gun would make life a little easier. I am 70.
<br>
<br>I hope you had a nice Christmas and trust your New Year will be a happy one.
<br> Bertie.

Elton's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 08/12/2003

yo,
<br>
<br>I'm interrested in the scope... It looks like a wwII scope from the M1903A1 sniperrifle :-S ???
<br>
<br>what kind of scope is it ?
<br>regards,

Written on: 09/11/2003

PS Im also surprised to hear that you havent heard about this rifle Bertie as they are very popular on the mainland, if you have the right land to use it on you local firearms officer should let you have one, they are pretty easy to obtain, and there are plenty of them on the second hand market, last week I was looking at a bog standard second hander priced at £150, you can get them cheaper with nothing wrong with them.
<br>They are mainly used for long range rabbits, and sometimes people use them for foxes, although this is not at any more than 100 yards with a head shot, centrefires are used for foxes mainly.
<br>hope this is of use to you mate as it is all I know, but I can find out more if you want.
<br>Regards, Thumper.

Written on: 09/11/2003

Hello Bertie, I lamp for a friend here in N.I and we go out with his 10-22.
<br>This is a .22 calibre 10 shot semi automatic rimfire rifle, and a very popular one at that, they come in all sorts of formats from synthetic stocked to walnut to stainless steel/nickle plated, they even do a target version.
<br>It is the best selling rimfire rifle of all time, somewhere in the region of 6,000,000 have been made, so you will understand that their are a lot of gunsmiths who base their living on customising them, reasonably accurate out of the box, but you can turn them into one holers with a few quid and a bit of imagination.
<br>They have also been called the surrogate pistol after the 1997 handgun ban, and .22 is the only calibre allowed by the government to be semi auto since the SLR ban in 1988.